Jump to topic:

A Calling Out to Politicians and DDOans

TheChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2016 10:04:49 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
Okay, people, listen up. 49 innocent people were murdered by a psychopath. And politicians use it to further their own agendas. Trump towards Islamophobia, and he says, in essence, "I told you so". Clinton towards gun control. If one of those innocent people had had a gun, the death toll would be lower. And Trump supporters are using this as a stepping stone and a reason for one man to disgrace a religion that is mostly benign and peaceful. Clinton uses the deaths wrought by one man as a stepping stone to blame the gun manufacturers and guns in general. You all should be ashamed of yourselves. This was a tragedy, and should be untouched by political pigs and pundits and those who only care about 49 innocent dead people as stepping stones. And you treat it as a political matter. A crime against humanity was what the shooter did, you disgrace the dead AND those who remain alive.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2016 10:11:44 PM
Does radical Islam have to nuke Israel before they are considered a threat by those using tge middle of the road fallacy and the PC people.
TheChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2016 10:15:40 PM
At 6/13/2016 10:11:44 PM, Wylted wrote:
Does radical Islam have to nuke Israel before they are considered a threat by those using tge middle of the road fallacy and the PC people.

They may be the biggest threat to democracy and America ever, but don't use tragedies for political gain. Use it as fuel to fight them. Not to fight the other side of the political spectrum!
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2016 10:19:02 PM
At 6/13/2016 10:15:40 PM, TheChristian wrote:

They may be the biggest threat to democracy and America ever, but don't use tragedies for political gain. Use it as fuel to fight them. Not to fight the other side of the political spectrum!

What is the point of having different political parties if not to insure rigorous debate, before making policy decisions?

I don't think what you suggest is healthy for a democratic society.
TheChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2016 10:24:36 PM
At 6/13/2016 10:19:02 PM, Wylted wrote:

What is the point of having different political parties if not to insure rigorous debate, before making policy decisions?

To ensure that everyone is heard before a policy decision is made.
I am suggesting we not use a tragedy, the worst since 9/11, to further our political agendas, but mourn as a nation, and then make a decision on what to do without blaming the religion. If we blamed the religion for the crimes of the follower, no religion would be without blood. If we blamed the company who made something used in a crime, or the seller, we would have no companies left.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2016 10:26:31 PM
At 6/13/2016 10:24:36 PM, TheChristian wrote:

I am suggesting we not use a tragedy, the worst since 9/11, to further our political agendas, but mourn as a nation, and then make a decision on what to do without blaming the religion. If we blamed the religion for the crimes of the follower, no religion would be without blood. If we blamed the company who made something used in a crime, or the seller, we would have no companies left.

Who blames the religion? Muslims are more likely to be radicalized. That is a fact, not a condemnation of Islam.
TheChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2016 10:30:11 PM
At 6/13/2016 10:26:31 PM, Wylted wrote:

Who blames the religion? Muslims are more likely to be radicalized. That is a fact, not a condemnation of Islam.

Well, Trump and his supporters view this as a natural result of Islam, not radical Islam.
someloser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2016 10:42:58 PM
They may be the biggest threat to democracy and America ever,

lol. Not even close

At 6/13/2016 10:04:49 PM, TheChristian wrote:
Okay, people, listen up. 49 innocent people were murdered by a psychopath. And politicians use it to further their own agendas. Trump towards Islamophobia, and he says, in essence, "I told you so". Clinton towards gun control. If one of those innocent people had had a gun, the death toll would be lower. And Trump supporters are using this as a stepping stone and a reason for one man to disgrace a religion that is mostly benign and peaceful. Clinton uses the deaths wrought by one man as a stepping stone to blame the gun manufacturers and guns in general. You all should be ashamed of yourselves. This was a tragedy, and should be untouched by political pigs and pundits and those who only care about 49 innocent dead people as stepping stones. And you treat it as a political matter. A crime against humanity was what the shooter did, you disgrace the dead AND those who remain alive.
of course there's a problem with people milking it for the political scoreboard.

but there's an even bigger problem with those who insist it should always be treated as an apolitical and asocial issue.

pretending it's -just- an isolated, senseless tragedy is willful ignorance. You can stick your head in the sand.

I won't.

the idea that major events such as this should be treated as though they are exogenous and irrelevant to politics and the social environment is a joke.

and in spite of the above drivel, you still say this...

If one of those innocent people had had a gun, the death toll would be lower.
Ego sum qui sum. Deus lo vult.

"America is ungovernable; those who served the revolution have plowed the sea." - Simon Bolivar

"A healthy nation is as unconscious of its nationality as a healthy man of his bones. But if you break a nation's nationality it will think of nothing else but getting it set again." - George Bernard Shaw
TheChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2016 11:11:28 PM
At 6/13/2016 10:42:58 PM, someloser wrote:
They may be the biggest threat to democracy and America ever,

lol. Not even close

At 6/13/2016 10:04:49 PM, TheChristian wrote:
of course there's a problem with people milking it for the political scoreboard.

I agree.
but there's an even bigger problem with those who insist it should always be treated as an apolitical and asocial issue.

I disagree because I agree with the above. Using this as a stepping stone is an insult to the 49 lives.
pretending it's -just- an isolated, senseless tragedy is willful ignorance. You can stick your head in the sand.

I know. But that isn't an excuse to do what is being done.
I won't.

the idea that major events such as this should be treated as though they are exogenous and irrelevant to politics and the social environment is a joke.

To use it how they are using it though? It's shameful. Dishonor on them, dishonor on their families, dishonor on their COW!!!
and in spite of the above drivel, you still say this...

If one of those innocent people had had a gun, the death toll would be lower.

I am not using it for political reasons. I'm pointing out a flaw in the logic of those who support gun control
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2016 11:15:53 PM
At 6/13/2016 10:30:11 PM, TheChristian wrote:

Well, Trump and his supporters view this as a natural result of Islam, not radical Islam.

Nope, untrue. They differentiate between the two. Trump has specifically statwd not all Muslims are bad sevaral times and even has muslim friends and supporters
TheChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2016 11:17:59 PM
At 6/13/2016 11:15:53 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 6/13/2016 10:30:11 PM, TheChristian wrote:

Nope, untrue. They differentiate between the two. Trump has specifically statwd not all Muslims are bad sevaral times and even has muslim friends and supporters

Need I mention the many, many, MANY Trump supporters with islamophobia
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2016 11:18:56 PM

We'd have to be tollerant of the nukers as to not be bigots, racists, or hurt the feelings of the nukers...
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
Midnight1131
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2016 11:39:21 PM

I wouldn't say discussing the motivations of a terrorist attack is a particularly bad thing. How can you fight something if half the country disagrees with the other half on what caused the problem in the first place?
#GaryJohnson2016
#TaxationisTheft
#TheftisTaxation
TheChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2016 12:40:14 AM
At 6/13/2016 11:39:21 PM, Midnight1131 wrote:

I wouldn't say discussing the motivations of a terrorist attack is a particularly bad thing. How can you fight something if half the country disagrees with the other half on what caused the problem in the first place?

But we don't DISCUSS, we just use it to further our own agendas. If we did discuss, it would be different. ANd then there's the people who blame masculinity.
Axonly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2016 9:52:06 AM

That is what each side believes they are doing.
Meh!
TheChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2016 4:42:42 PM
At 6/15/2016 9:52:06 AM, Axonly wrote:

That is what each side believes they are doing.

No, they believe they can use a catastrophic event to say "This is why we can't have guns" or "This is why Muslims are bad"!