Jump to topic:

The Guccifer 2.0 Hack

Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2016 4:02:05 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
A hacker calling himself "Guccifer 2.0" hacked the DNC recently. The DNC confirmed that the hack took place, though it insists that Russia is responsible. After the hack, Guccifer 2.0 leaked information gained through the hack. This information includes opposition data on Donald Trump but also several emails proving that the DNC has been favouring Hillary as the Democrat nominee over Sanders since day 1.
How will this affect Hillary-Sanders ties? Will this leak result in a rift between the Democratic establishment and the Bernie camp? Will Bernie go 3rd party? Will the Bernie camp largely defect to Trump? Or will this development be ignored by most people?
Discuss.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2016 4:10:40 AM
At 6/19/2016 4:02:05 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
A hacker calling himself "Guccifer 2.0" hacked the DNC recently. The DNC confirmed that the hack took place, though it insists that Russia is responsible. After the hack, Guccifer 2.0 leaked information gained through the hack. This information includes opposition data on Donald Trump but also several emails proving that the DNC has been favouring Hillary as the Democrat nominee over Sanders since day 1.
How will this affect Hillary-Sanders ties? Will this leak result in a rift between the Democratic establishment and the Bernie camp? Will Bernie go 3rd party? Will the Bernie camp largely defect to Trump? Or will this development be ignored by most people?
Discuss.

Was the server similar to the Hillary email server?
Peepette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2016 5:09:58 AM
Discuss.

I think the public already knew this was the case, especially with Wasserman Shultz scheduling the debates between Bernie and Shillarey on nights where they'd be the fewest viewers, as well as the super delegate set up. This is hardly a surprise.

I don't think Bernie will go 3rd party, especially since Eliz Warren has been talked up as VP. She and Bernie are in the same camp and will make Bernieites more likely to swing Shillary's. way than Trump.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2016 1:10:19 PM
At 6/19/2016 5:09:58 AM, Peepette wrote:
Discuss.

I think the public already knew this was the case, especially with Wasserman Shultz scheduling the debates between Bernie and Shillarey on nights where they'd be the fewest viewers, as well as the super delegate set up. This is hardly a surprise.

I don't think Bernie will go 3rd party, especially since Eliz Warren has been talked up as VP. She and Bernie are in the same camp and will make Bernieites more likely to swing Shillary's. way than Trump.

I'm not so sure. If YOU were a Bernie can, would you really want to vote for Hillary after knowing that she practically cheated her way to the nomination?
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
OlaNordmann
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2016 1:22:44 PM
Interesting.

I'm not surprised though, with all the misconduct that has become public from the democratic primaries, they somehow exclusively benefited Mrs Clinton.
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2016 11:59:05 PM
The vast majority of Sanders supporters will not vote for Trump under any circumstances. If Hillary is "secretly" in bed with big business and Wall Street, Trump as president would be openly incestuous with them.

The real effect this will have is to demoralize some Sanders supporters, possibly to the point where they will either stay home or vote 3rd party instead of backing Clinton. And I can't say that I blame them, given how rigged the process has been against Sanders from the start.

That being said, Clinton will probably still defeat Trump in the general election. He is too disliked to overcome any Democratic voter apathy.