Total Posts:9|Showing Posts:1-9
Jump to topic:

The Fallacy of Political Correctness

brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2016 6:55:02 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
Political correctness is racist and bigoted-

Political correctness is the racism and bigotry of low expectations. You assume that the person or group discussed is not adult enough to be treated just like the majority.

It is sometimes practiced from self hatred and guilt.

PC is a form of lying or tip toeing around the truth.

PC can make you an enabeler of something bad.

-

Fallacies of political correctness-

1)A White Liberal thinks White jokes are okay but Black jokes are bad. They assume blacks cannot handle a riske joke about blacks.

2)An Atheist attacks Christianity but claims Islam is "misunderstood", and does not hold both religions to the same scrutiny.

3)A Christian claims tollerance for all others but doesn't tollerate other Christian denominations.

4)An Atheist says they are persecuted for being Atheist, yet there is no way to know someone is an Atheist by looking at them. (I am still yet to have someone ask me anything about my religious views in casual conversation other than people knowingly of the same beliefs wanting an opinion.) In other words, it is rare that people go poking at each other very often about their religious or nonreligious affiliations in reality.

5)You state a statistical fact about a group, religion, or race and are labeled a racist, sexist, or bigot for pointing out that statistical fact.

6)You say illegal immigration is having negative effects on America and are labeled a racist towards Mexicans by default.

7)A minority who thinks whites are all racist by default.

8)Barack Obama is considered black despite having a white mother. Technically he is white to. So he is labeled the first "black President".

9)A man who is less white than Obama but looks more or less "white" is a racist by default but Obama who is perceived as "not white" is not a racist by default.

10)A man who talks to you as though you are "white", finds out you are not white, and begins talking to you as though walking on eggshells.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
Ooogapi
Posts: 20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2016 7:12:30 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
There would be no need for political correctness if individuals could have a rational and enlightened discussion about their issues. Political correctness comes into fruition because of the lack of many individuals to realize their own boundaries, and furthermore, the boundaries of others. In terms of religion, race, sex, etc. many individuals refuse to discuss the elephant in the room in a rational way. They turn to hatred, insult, and denial as their mode of communication. Political correctness, whether positive or negative, is necessary, else we will further isolate a group through because of our lack of intelligence, humiliation, and overall understanding. You would not go up to a black South African and call him "kaffir", whether jokingly or not, if you are a genuinely "good" individual. That would contradict what you stand for. Likewise, you would not call a group of Asians "chinks", because there are so many other ways to articulate to their group in order to get their attention. In my opinion, those who do not understand and are against PC, are the same that have never understand the plight of another individual, or a group, because of their own short-sighted irrationality and mis-education. Talk with someone outside of the group, understand why they do not wish to be lumped or categorized in such a way, and you will have no need for PC; you will have ways of referring to an individual or a group in a much more humane and acceptable manner.
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2016 7:48:57 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/21/2016 7:12:30 PM, Ooogapi wrote:
There would be no need for political correctness if individuals could have a rational and enlightened discussion about their issues. Political correctness comes into fruition because of the lack of many individuals to realize their own boundaries, and furthermore, the boundaries of others. In terms of religion, race, sex, etc. many individuals refuse to discuss the elephant in the room in a rational way. They turn to hatred, insult, and denial as their mode of communication. Political correctness, whether positive or negative, is necessary, else we will further isolate a group through because of our lack of intelligence, humiliation, and overall understanding. You would not go up to a black South African and call him "kaffir", whether jokingly or not, if you are a genuinely "good" individual. That would contradict what you stand for. Likewise, you would not call a group of Asians "chinks", because there are so many other ways to articulate to their group in order to get their attention. In my opinion, those who do not understand and are against PC, are the same that have never understand the plight of another individual, or a group, because of their own short-sighted irrationality and mis-education. Talk with someone outside of the group, understand why they do not wish to be lumped or categorized in such a way, and you will have no need for PC; you will have ways of referring to an individual or a group in a much more humane and acceptable manner.

Or maybe they do understand the plight and got past it realizing that suppressing speech is worse.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2016 7:50:34 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
Example?

Being unable to say certain words to identify or describe a threat to national secutity, and thst threat uses PC to destroy freedom.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
lotsoffun
Posts: 1,609
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2016 10:32:19 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/21/2016 7:12:30 PM, Ooogapi wrote:
There would be no need for political correctness if individuals could have a rational and enlightened discussion about their issues. Political correctness comes into fruition because of the lack of many individuals to realize their own boundaries, and furthermore, the boundaries of others. In terms of religion, race, sex, etc. many individuals refuse to discuss the elephant in the room in a rational way. They turn to hatred, insult, and denial as their mode of communication. Political correctness, whether positive or negative, is necessary, else we will further isolate a group through because of our lack of intelligence, humiliation, and overall understanding. You would not go up to a black South African and call him "kaffir", whether jokingly or not, if you are a genuinely "good" individual. That would contradict what you stand for. Likewise, you would not call a group of Asians "chinks", because there are so many other ways to articulate to their group in order to get their attention. In my opinion, those who do not understand and are against PC, are the same that have never understand the plight of another individual, or a group, because of their own short-sighted irrationality and mis-education. Talk with someone outside of the group, understand why they do not wish to be lumped or categorized in such a way, and you will have no need for PC; you will have ways of referring to an individual or a group in a much more humane and acceptable manner.

Political correctness will be your prison. Who is to set the boundaries and decide what is acceptable or not? Free speech is free speech. Many Muslims don't want criticism of their religion. does that mean we can't criticize Islam?
Ooogapi
Posts: 20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2016 3:59:06 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
Political correctness will be your prison. Who is to set the boundaries and decide what is acceptable or not? Free speech is free speech. Many Muslims don't want criticism of their religion. does that mean we can't criticize Islam?

I never said we should not be able to criticize a religion. I am saying that we have to find ways to vocalize that criticism that benefits all parties through thought provoking, rational conversation. If we do this, there would be no need for political correctness because we will have the means of communication without depraving and humiliating one or multiple parties in the process; which in turn causes isolation and anger. Until we (individual or group) can achieve that, there needs to be some censorship, else we might incite unnecessary aggressiveness, which in turn could cause detrimental repercussions of which no one is prepared.
Ooogapi
Posts: 20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2016 4:07:10 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/21/2016 7:50:34 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
Example?

Being unable to say certain words to identify or describe a threat to national security, and thst threat uses PC to destroy freedom.

I assume in this post you are referring to the United States executive office failure to say "Islamic Extremists" when discussing national security threats? Would it not be more appropriate in this instance to say "Religious fundamentalists"? Islam is not the only religious group that poses national security threats. Of this, I am sure the President is well aware. Also, in regards to this circumstance, isolating followers of the Islamic faith, therein by saying "Islamic Extremists", would be a disservice to the nation. For reasons as I have stated, fundamental extremism threatens national security regardless of the religion. The Nation must not be propagated to the point of complete obliviousness, and God forbid, act upon such a tunnel visioned notion.
BrendanD19
Posts: 2,047
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2016 4:38:55 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/21/2016 6:55:02 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
Political correctness is racist and bigoted-

Political correctness is the racism and bigotry of low expectations. You assume that the person or group discussed is not adult enough to be treated just like the majority.

It is sometimes practiced from self hatred and guilt.

PC is a form of lying or tip toeing around the truth.

PC can make you an enabeler of something bad.

-

Fallacies of political correctness-

1)A White Liberal thinks White jokes are okay but Black jokes are bad. They assume blacks cannot handle a riske joke about blacks.

2)An Atheist attacks Christianity but claims Islam is "misunderstood", and does not hold both religions to the same scrutiny.

3)A Christian claims tollerance for all others but doesn't tollerate other Christian denominations.

4)An Atheist says they are persecuted for being Atheist, yet there is no way to know someone is an Atheist by looking at them. (I am still yet to have someone ask me anything about my religious views in casual conversation other than people knowingly of the same beliefs wanting an opinion.) In other words, it is rare that people go poking at each other very often about their religious or nonreligious affiliations in reality.

5)You state a statistical fact about a group, religion, or race and are labeled a racist, sexist, or bigot for pointing out that statistical fact.

6)You say illegal immigration is having negative effects on America and are labeled a racist towards Mexicans by default.

7)A minority who thinks whites are all racist by default.

8)Barack Obama is considered black despite having a white mother. Technically he is white to. So he is labeled the first "black President".

9)A man who is less white than Obama but looks more or less "white" is a racist by default but Obama who is perceived as "not white" is not a racist by default.

10)A man who talks to you as though you are "white", finds out you are not white, and begins talking to you as though walking on eggshells.

I think you mean the fallacy of political correctness is thinking it even exists.
Rukado
Posts: 527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2016 7:11:43 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/21/2016 6:55:02 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
1)A White Liberal thinks White jokes are okay but Black jokes are bad. They assume blacks cannot handle a riske joke about blacks.

Another demonstration of Political Correctness is claiming blacks are the victims of Political Correctness. Maybe blacks are victims when they're handed money just for being black, or when they're protected from insults and jokes just for being black, but I don't see those things as terribly oppressive.

When a white man loses a job to less qualified black man, because of a "diversity" agenda (based on PC lies about blacks being oppressed), the white man is oppressed, not the black man. When a white man is assaulted because a black man has been taught to be a hateful racist, the white man is the victim. Yeah, the black man might go to jail, but I'm not going to cry too much about him being oppressed because he chose to be a thug in response to PC pandering.