Jump to topic:

Americans have all been brainwashed...probly

Skynet
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2016 4:23:28 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
Alright, it's about to get weird, and you can make fun of me all you want for this, but I'm going to say it.
If hypnotists make money playing embarrassing tricks on members of their audience, and therapists convince people to stop smoking through hypnosis, what's to stop someone from using hypnosis on members of the public (one-on-one) to do their bidding? I've always thought this was totally plausible ever since seeing the X-Files episode: Pusher in conjunction with an entertainer/hypnotist also being invited to my elementary school. Why isn't the hypnosis part of the Manchurian Candidate (original) premise plausible? So you can't convince people to do something against their will, but you can convince them to do something they wouldn't normally be willing to do for fun? Even if this were true, just a little standard psychological weakening and air of authority on part of the hypnotist outside of hypnosis and an evil person could make other people do a lot of things. And they, or shall I say...you...would never know it.

Yeah, the CIA tried mind control and it didn't work. If it really did, would they tell us? I mean, it was meant for covert purposes.
https://www.youtube.com...
One perk to being a dad is you get to watch cartoons again without explaining yourself.
Lsumichiganfan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2016 6:57:38 PM
At 6/23/2016 4:23:28 AM, Skynet wrote:
Alright, it's about to get weird, and you can make fun of me all you want for this, but I'm going to say it.
If hypnotists make money playing embarrassing tricks on members of their audience, and therapists convince people to stop smoking through hypnosis, what's to stop someone from using hypnosis on members of the public (one-on-one) to do their bidding? I've always thought this was totally plausible ever since seeing the X-Files episode: Pusher in conjunction with an entertainer/hypnotist also being invited to my elementary school. Why isn't the hypnosis part of the Manchurian Candidate (original) premise plausible? So you can't convince people to do something against their will, but you can convince them to do something they wouldn't normally be willing to do for fun? Even if this were true, just a little standard psychological weakening and air of authority on part of the hypnotist outside of hypnosis and an evil person could make other people do a lot of things. And they, or shall I say...you...would never know it.

Yeah, the CIA tried mind control and it didn't work. If it really did, would they tell us? I mean, it was meant for covert purposes.

That was the most confusing paragraph I have ever read.
Please vote on this debate: http://www.debate.org...
"You have displayed the political understanding of a tortoise thus far in this election" -Harder
Cryo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2016 9:38:14 PM
At 6/23/2016 6:57:38 PM, Lsumichiganfan wrote:

That was the most confusing paragraph I have ever read.

Considering some of the stuff I've seen on DDO, this wasn't that bad.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2016 9:41:46 PM
At 6/23/2016 4:23:28 AM, Skynet wrote:

Hypnotists is basically a state of "very relaxed". Now, you can, will, be more open to suggestion, you are not going to be "brainwashed".

People, politicians, manipulate in lots of ways. Trump is very good at this. Hypothesis not necessary.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2016 9:51:28 PM
Americans cannot be hypnotized because they are unable to focus on anything for more than a minute. They lack the attention span to be good subjects for hypnosis. But they are very gullible. Simply lying to them can convince them. Bush W did it on Iraq. Obama did it on his birth certificate and Trump made a career out of lying in his business dealings.
Brainwashing what little they hold might have a negative effect. The might vote for a prime minister instead.