Total Posts:56|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Following the Brexit vote

1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,641
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2016 9:44:42 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Here, I'll post updates on the vote. Exit polls have it at about 52-48 for stay, which is within the margin of error.
I'll see you on the Dark Side of the Moon.

So much has gone, and little is new.

DDO Risk King
Greyparrot
Posts: 18,720
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2016 9:52:01 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/23/2016 9:44:42 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Here, I'll post updates on the vote. Exit polls have it at about 52-48 for stay, which is within the margin of error.

Yah it's going to be a stay.
I find myself intrigued by your subvocal oscillations.
A singular development of cat communications
That obviates your basic hedonistic predilection,
For a rhythmic stroking of your fur to demonstrate affection.
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,641
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2016 11:24:02 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
1.3% reporting has Leave at 50.5%-49.5%.
I'll see you on the Dark Side of the Moon.

So much has gone, and little is new.

DDO Risk King
Geographia
Posts: 1,960
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2016 11:35:25 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/23/2016 9:52:01 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 6/23/2016 9:44:42 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Here, I'll post updates on the vote. Exit polls have it at about 52-48 for stay, which is within the margin of error.

Yah it's going to be a stay.

Don't be a damn wanker, mate.
Greyparrot
Posts: 18,720
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 12:21:42 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/23/2016 11:35:25 PM, Geographia wrote:
At 6/23/2016 9:52:01 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 6/23/2016 9:44:42 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Here, I'll post updates on the vote. Exit polls have it at about 52-48 for stay, which is within the margin of error.

Yah it's going to be a stay.

Don't be a damn wanker, mate.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk...
I find myself intrigued by your subvocal oscillations.
A singular development of cat communications
That obviates your basic hedonistic predilection,
For a rhythmic stroking of your fur to demonstrate affection.
Greyparrot
Posts: 18,720
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 12:27:39 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/23/2016 11:24:02 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
1.3% reporting has Leave at 50.5%-49.5%.

I heard on the radio all week that the silent vote would be from the remain crowd because it is the "safer" choice.

But my experience has been the silent vote comes from anti-establishment or other fears of being censored or ostracized.

Interesting to see how this pans out.
I find myself intrigued by your subvocal oscillations.
A singular development of cat communications
That obviates your basic hedonistic predilection,
For a rhythmic stroking of your fur to demonstrate affection.
Chloe8
Posts: 3,571
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 12:27:58 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/23/2016 9:44:42 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Here, I'll post updates on the vote. Exit polls have it at about 52-48 for stay, which is within the margin of error.

It looks like leave has a chance! Early results are further towards leave than expected!
Chloe8
Posts: 3,571
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 12:30:22 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/24/2016 12:27:39 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 6/23/2016 11:24:02 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
1.3% reporting has Leave at 50.5%-49.5%.

I heard on the radio all week that the silent vote would be from the remain crowd because it is the "safer" choice.

But my experience has been the silent vote comes from anti-establishment or other fears of being censored or ostracized.

Interesting to see how this pans out.

It looks like working class Labour voters are turning out to give the establishment a kicking going against their party leadership.
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,641
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 12:42:02 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/24/2016 12:30:22 AM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 6/24/2016 12:27:39 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 6/23/2016 11:24:02 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
1.3% reporting has Leave at 50.5%-49.5%.

I heard on the radio all week that the silent vote would be from the remain crowd because it is the "safer" choice.

But my experience has been the silent vote comes from anti-establishment or other fears of being censored or ostracized.

Interesting to see how this pans out.

It looks like working class Labour voters are turning out to give the establishment a kicking going against their party leadership.

More like their former leadership.
I'll see you on the Dark Side of the Moon.

So much has gone, and little is new.

DDO Risk King
Chloe8
Posts: 3,571
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 12:45:55 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/24/2016 12:42:02 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 6/24/2016 12:30:22 AM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 6/24/2016 12:27:39 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 6/23/2016 11:24:02 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
1.3% reporting has Leave at 50.5%-49.5%.

I heard on the radio all week that the silent vote would be from the remain crowd because it is the "safer" choice.

But my experience has been the silent vote comes from anti-establishment or other fears of being censored or ostracized.

Interesting to see how this pans out.

It looks like working class Labour voters are turning out to give the establishment a kicking going against their party leadership.

More like their former leadership.

Corbyn wants to stay in the EU. They are taking a different view.
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,641
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 12:55:40 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/24/2016 12:45:55 AM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 6/24/2016 12:42:02 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 6/24/2016 12:30:22 AM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 6/24/2016 12:27:39 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 6/23/2016 11:24:02 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
1.3% reporting has Leave at 50.5%-49.5%.

I heard on the radio all week that the silent vote would be from the remain crowd because it is the "safer" choice.

But my experience has been the silent vote comes from anti-establishment or other fears of being censored or ostracized.

Interesting to see how this pans out.

It looks like working class Labour voters are turning out to give the establishment a kicking going against their party leadership.

More like their former leadership.

Corbyn wants to stay in the EU. They are taking a different view.

Corbyn has not shown the same avid support for remain as others. He's coming off as begrudgingly supporting remain - at least to me.
I'll see you on the Dark Side of the Moon.

So much has gone, and little is new.

DDO Risk King
Chloe8
Posts: 3,571
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 1:14:20 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/24/2016 12:55:40 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 6/24/2016 12:45:55 AM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 6/24/2016 12:42:02 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 6/24/2016 12:30:22 AM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 6/24/2016 12:27:39 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 6/23/2016 11:24:02 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
1.3% reporting has Leave at 50.5%-49.5%.

I heard on the radio all week that the silent vote would be from the remain crowd because it is the "safer" choice.

But my experience has been the silent vote comes from anti-establishment or other fears of being censored or ostracized.

Interesting to see how this pans out.

It looks like working class Labour voters are turning out to give the establishment a kicking going against their party leadership.

More like their former leadership.

Corbyn wants to stay in the EU. They are taking a different view.

Corbyn has not shown the same avid support for remain as others. He's coming off as begrudgingly supporting remain - at least to me.

I agree he is not an avid supporter of the EU but his weak stance on the issue has contributed to working class voters choosing to vote leave.
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,641
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 1:19:24 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
10.2% reporting. Leave up 52.7%-47.3%.
I'll see you on the Dark Side of the Moon.

So much has gone, and little is new.

DDO Risk King
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,641
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 1:23:50 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Remain is now in the lead. 50.7% to 49.3%.
I'll see you on the Dark Side of the Moon.

So much has gone, and little is new.

DDO Risk King
lannan13
Posts: 23,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 1:24:42 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Glasgow votes in.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
lannan13
Posts: 23,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 1:25:10 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Falkirk votes in.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,641
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 1:26:02 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Glasgow votes 67%-33% for remain. All of Scotland right now is at 62%-38% for remain.
I'll see you on the Dark Side of the Moon.

So much has gone, and little is new.

DDO Risk King
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,641
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 1:27:47 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Swansea is the first city to flip on expectation. Expected remain; voted leave 52%-48%.
I'll see you on the Dark Side of the Moon.

So much has gone, and little is new.

DDO Risk King
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,641
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 1:35:25 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Roughly, 15% have reported. The numbers are about at 51% Remain.
I'll see you on the Dark Side of the Moon.

So much has gone, and little is new.

DDO Risk King
BrendanD19
Posts: 2,467
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 1:37:16 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/24/2016 12:21:42 AM, triangle.128k wrote:
Let's just hope Britain...votes to leave from the EU.
Looks increasing like its going to be a remain.
lannan13
Posts: 23,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 1:39:02 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/24/2016 12:21:42 AM, triangle.128k wrote:
Let's just hope Britain saves itself and votes to leave from the EU.

Let's hope they Remain in the EU.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
lannan13
Posts: 23,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 1:43:10 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Stocks aren't liking what they're seeing, Oil and Hong Kong stocks are down.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
lannan13
Posts: 23,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 1:45:36 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Remain: 51.07%
Leave: 48.93%

18% of the vote counted.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,641
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 1:51:27 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Leave is now winning by two thousand votes.
I'll see you on the Dark Side of the Moon.

So much has gone, and little is new.

DDO Risk King
Greyparrot
Posts: 18,720
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 1:56:58 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/24/2016 1:51:27 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Leave is now winning by two thousand votes.

betting odds up to 55% for leave.
I find myself intrigued by your subvocal oscillations.
A singular development of cat communications
That obviates your basic hedonistic predilection,
For a rhythmic stroking of your fur to demonstrate affection.
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,641
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 1:57:42 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/24/2016 1:56:58 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 6/24/2016 1:51:27 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Leave is now winning by two thousand votes.

betting odds up to 55% for leave.

Yup
I'll see you on the Dark Side of the Moon.

So much has gone, and little is new.

DDO Risk King
thett3
Posts: 15,511
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 2:04:37 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
First order of business after Brexit: Kick Scotland out, resettle all the refugees there, and rebuild Hadrian's Wall
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Skepsikyma
Posts: 9,379
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 2:08:22 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/24/2016 1:26:02 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Glasgow votes 67%-33% for remain. All of Scotland right now is at 62%-38% for remain.

Only 56% turnout, which is a bad sign for remain.
"I thought about the Paschal Candle. Wounded in its wax, wounded in its wick, wounded in its light, having the Passion of Christ in it and having therefore the woundedness of the world in it, it was there at our cradle, going before us and guiding us in time, and now again, there it is at our coffin, going before us and guiding us into eternity."
- John Moriarty -

Virtutem videant intabescantque relicta