ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 4:50:43 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
The West lives to fight once more!

Glorious!
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz

"No aspect of your facial structure suggests Filipino descent."
~ YYW
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 4:51:35 AM
At 6/24/2016 4:50:43 AM, ShabShoral wrote:

Glorious!

Are Euros going to be a collectors item soon?
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 4:59:35 AM

Glorious!

Yay, now Europe won't have to defend the UK when we enact War Plan Red!
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 5:28:28 AM
At 6/24/2016 4:51:35 AM, Greyparrot wrote:

Glorious!

Are Euros going to be a collectors item soon?

A man can dream.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz

"No aspect of your facial structure suggests Filipino descent."
~ YYW
foxxhajti
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 7:37:44 AM

Glorious!

I don't see how leaving the EU makes the UK anymore autonomous.
Leaving the EU won't reduce immigration, people will find their ways.
Leaving the EU probably will ruin both your economy and a bunch of other EU countries' economies. Glorious!
"It's interesting to observe that almost all truly worthy men have simple manners, and that simple manners are almost always taken as a sign of little worth" - Giacomo Leopardi

"It is more honorable to be raised to a throne than to be born to one. Fortune bestows the one, merit obtains the other." - Francesco Petrarca

"You too must not count too much on your reality as you feel it today, since like yesterday, it may prove an illusion for you tomorrow." - Luigi Pirandello
foxxhajti
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 7:41:28 AM

Glorious!

Also, I noticed that most of the people in this thread "worshiping" the fact that the UK is leaving the EU, are either Americans or Canadians which certainly have never experienced the real impact from the EU. As a person from the EU itself, I'm sure I can talk from a more experienced perspective.
"It's interesting to observe that almost all truly worthy men have simple manners, and that simple manners are almost always taken as a sign of little worth" - Giacomo Leopardi

"It is more honorable to be raised to a throne than to be born to one. Fortune bestows the one, merit obtains the other." - Francesco Petrarca

"You too must not count too much on your reality as you feel it today, since like yesterday, it may prove an illusion for you tomorrow." - Luigi Pirandello
foxxhajti
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 8:14:00 AM
At 6/24/2016 7:37:44 AM, foxxhajti wrote:

Glorious!

Leaving the EU probably will ruin both your economy and a bunch of other EU countries' economies. Glorious!

Yup, gg.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk...

Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 8:29:14 AM
At 6/24/2016 8:14:00 AM, foxxhajti wrote:

Glorious!

Yup, gg.

I love people who act like markets responding dramatically to a huge political event are somehow an indication of an impending economic apocalypse. Britain wasn't destroyed economically after Black Wednesday, and it won't be destroyed this time. It's economy will adapt to reality outside of the EU over a slow exit period, and the pound sterling will stabilize and slowly recover.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
foxxhajti
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 8:30:33 AM
At 6/24/2016 8:29:14 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:

Glorious!

Yup, gg.

I love people who act like markets responding dramatically to a huge political event are somehow an indication of an impending economic apocalypse. Britain wasn't destroyed economically after Black Wednesday, and it won't be destroyed this time. It's economy will adapt to reality outside of the EU over a slow exit period, and the pound sterling will stabilize and slowly recover.

It will happen, this is just the beginning.

foxxhajti
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 8:35:50 AM

Glorious!

Yup, gg.

In the meantime 3.5 million people will lose their jobs and the salaries of British citizens are already drastically different. Now, to trade with countries with the EU, they'll also have to pay taxes. Also, more immigrants will start entering the UK because now police won't be required to patrol the boundaries.
Also, as I've anticipated, another American who has never first-handedly experienced the EU. Amazing.
If they really wanted to get rid of their illegal immigrants, which can be quite a threat, the EU would've helped. My country has experienced a huge influx of illegal immigration and the EU did help to a certain extent. The EU obviously can't make miracles, but it does help. Now they won't be able to get help from anyone and they'll just have to remain silent about it.

foxxhajti
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 9:01:42 AM

Glorious!

Yup, gg.

Also, the statistics say that the majority of the leave voters were old and the majority of the remain voters are young. These people will have to live with the mistake their ancestors will have done.
The UK will lose a huge amount of power and influence that it had.
The EU buys over 50 per cent of UK exports (54 per cent of goods, 40 per cent of services). Over 300,000 British companies and 74 per cent of British exporters operate in other EU markets.
1.4 million British people live abroad in the EU and now less British people will be able to do that. More than 14,500 UK students took part in the European Union"s Erasmus student exchange scheme in 2012-13. Driving licences issued in the UK probably won't be valid throughout the EU.
The European Arrest Warrant replaced long extradition procedures and enables the UK to extradite criminals wanted in other EU countries, and bring to justice criminals wanted in the UK who are hiding in other EU countries. Now this will be less possible.
The UK is the second largest beneficiary of EU research funds, and the British Government expects future EU research funding to constitute a vital source of income for our world-leading universities and companies. Many universities and companies might fail.
The Brexit campaign was built on lies and xenophobia. All of the UK's problems won't be magically fixed solely for leaving the EU, they will increase, and nobody will be required to help it with that.

foxxhajti
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 9:26:46 AM

Glorious!

Yup, gg.

http://www.mirror.co.uk...

smelisox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 9:32:18 AM

Glorious!

"Boo hoo the naughty eu is undemocratic"

-> If a prime minister abdicates a new one is voted in by MPs, undemocratically.
-> Half of parliament are lords by birth-right, not elected by anyone and certainly not the people.
-> Trade Unions have block votes when electing the labour leader, shite like a million extra votes.

And you dare, DARE talk of democracy?

The unmitigated temerecy disgusts me. I'm an expat, never living in the United Cuntdom again.
foxxhajti
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 10:16:50 AM
At 6/24/2016 9:32:18 AM, smelisox wrote:

Glorious!

I'm in favour of the EU..

slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 10:37:35 AM

Glorious!

Yup, gg.

Depends upon how well they do trade agreements with their neighbor. Protectionist trade is rarely better than free trade in the long run.

They should be doing OK in a year or two, but they could have some strange movements of capital and investments as foreign investors withdraw funds until there is better certainty of tax and other implications.

I would expect higher borrowing rates for UK until styles down, but then again as you mention short term reaction may be decoupled with their long term result.
smelisox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 10:43:24 AM
At 6/24/2016 10:16:50 AM, foxxhajti wrote:

Glorious!

Oh, no! No, responding to OP and the guy who posted code geass (unless it was a joke, you can never be too sure on the Internet).
foxxhajti
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 10:46:09 AM
At 6/24/2016 10:43:24 AM, smelisox wrote:

Glorious!

Oh, no! No, responding to OP and the guy who posted code geass (unless it was a joke, you can never be too sure on the Internet).

You're confusing me since English isn't my native language, and I'm having a hard time understanding what you mean.

smelisox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 10:48:06 AM
At 6/24/2016 10:46:09 AM, foxxhajti wrote:

Glorious!

You're confusing me since English isn't my native language, and I'm having a hard time understanding what you mean.

I wasn't replying to your post, I know you're in favour of the EU.
foxxhajti
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 10:49:58 AM
At 6/24/2016 10:48:06 AM, smelisox wrote:

Glorious!

Sorry, I thought you were talking to me since you quoted an extract of a paragraph I wrote, earlier. I'm terribly sorry.

smelisox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 11:23:04 AM
At 6/24/2016 10:49:58 AM, foxxhajti wrote:

Glorious!

Sorry, I thought you were talking to me since you quoted an extract of a paragraph I wrote, earlier. I'm terribly sorry.

Not at all, it was my fault for quoting you.
foxxhajti
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 11:24:39 AM
At 6/24/2016 11:23:04 AM, smelisox wrote:
At 6/24/2016 10:49:58 AM, foxxhajti wrote:

Glorious!

Not at all, it was my fault for quoting you.

It's fine.
It's funny how all of these people that are happy that the UK has left the EU are Americans. I'm sure we both have experienced the EU more than them.

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 12:11:45 PM
I don't bloody think sharia allows it!
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 12:21:13 PM
At 6/24/2016 9:26:46 AM, foxxhajti wrote:

Glorious!

Yup, gg.

'I'm going to quote more articles saying the same thing instead of responding!'
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 12:21:48 PM
At 6/24/2016 8:30:33 AM, foxxhajti wrote:

Glorious!

Yup, gg.

Okay, Ron Paul.
- Hilaire Belloc -
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 12:24:59 PM
At 6/24/2016 8:35:50 AM, foxxhajti wrote:

Glorious!

Yup, gg.

In the meantime 3.5 million people will lose their jobs and the salaries of British citizens are already drastically different. Now, to trade with countries with the EU, they'll also have to pay taxes. Also, more immigrants will start entering the UK because now police won't be required to patrol the boundaries.

And that's why Switzerland and Norway are smoking, impoverished ruins.

Oh wait, they're two of the wealthiest countries in the world, and they did it WITHOUT THE EU?

*Le gaspe!*

Also, as I've anticipated, another American who has never first-handedly experienced the EU. Amazing.

ZOMG, you can only have political opinions of countries which you live in!

If they really wanted to get rid of their illegal immigrants, which can be quite a threat, the EU would've helped. My country has experienced a huge influx of illegal immigration and the EU did help to a certain extent. The EU obviously can't make miracles, but it does help. Now they won't be able to get help from anyone and they'll just have to remain silent about it.

England is an island off the north-western coast of Europe, it won't be difficult for them to control immigration.
- Hilaire Belloc -
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 12:26:49 PM
At 6/24/2016 12:21:48 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
sterling will stabilize and slowly recover.

Okay, Ron Paul.

Also..not taking a step to reduce unwanted immigration by leaving the EU is unexcusable considering there is absolutely zero benefits to a nation from unwanted immigration.

It's like saying we can't build a wall because....reasons....
foxxhajti
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 12:27:30 PM
At 6/24/2016 12:21:13 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 6/24/2016 9:26:46 AM, foxxhajti wrote:

Glorious!

Yup, gg.

'I'm going to quote more articles saying the same thing instead of responding!'

Responding to what? It can only get worse at this point. The UK might even kick out a bunch of EU immigrants back to their countries, therefore, finishing up with less workers. The illegal immigrants and all those immigrants who are an actual threat, won't magically disappear, trust me. The British economy can only get worse at this point. Tourism will also decrease, therefore having a drastically smaller amount of earnings. Their economy will collapse, and some banks will finish up failing.
You obviously don't care, because you aren't in the EU, so you can just dust it off. You never felt their policies or anything like that. I am in the EU. I have experienced the EU. I was alive even before my country entered the EU. I know the difference it has made in my country, I have experienced it, while you haven't.

foxxhajti
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 12:37:18 PM

And that's why Switzerland and Norway are smoking, impoverished ruins.

Oh wait, they're two of the wealthiest countries in the world, and they did it WITHOUT THE EU?

First of all, that has nothing to do with my statement.
The UK relied a lot on the EU's other countries, by investing in them, building companies there, exporting to them, trading with them and that kind of stuff. These occurrences will decrease dramatically now.

*Le gaspe!*

ZOMG, you can only have political opinions of countries which you live in!

I never said you can't, but if you don't know what you're talking about, then you shouldn't talk. I don't go around saying that either Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton should become the presidents of the US, in a passionate manner. I don't go around saying that Barack Obama has been a bad/good president, because I haven't directly experienced his policies.

England is an island off the north-western coast of Europe, it won't be difficult for them to control immigration.

My country is an island and we have a lot of illegal immigrants here that have come from North Africa. The EU has helped us with that. England can't make it on its own.

foxxhajti
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 12:42:22 PM
At 6/24/2016 12:26:49 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 6/24/2016 12:21:48 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
sterling will stabilize and slowly recover.

Okay, Ron Paul.

Also..not taking a step to reduce unwanted immigration by leaving the EU is unexcusable considering there is absolutely zero benefits to a nation from unwanted immigration.

It's like saying we can't build a wall because....reasons....

There are 2 types of immigration:
- Illegal immigration
- Legal immigration

Legal immigration can help the economy, especially if the immigrants in particular happen to be young, as they're able to work and pay taxes that the government and the citizens themselves can benefit from. They help the economy if they work.
Illegal immigration, for the most part, can be a threat to the country. Illegal immigrants can increase the crime rate. They also don't really benefit the economy because when they work they don't have to pay taxes. Their employers are also able to give them a lower pay since they technically, aren't considered to have the rights for that.