Jump to topic:

Idiots Liars and Trolls

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 2:39:54 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
Idiots believe that Brexit was caused by racism and xenophobia.

Liars told the idiots so.

Trolls mock them both, correctly.
Tsar of DDO
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 3:02:08 PM
At 6/24/2016 2:39:54 PM, YYW wrote:

Well... Let's be fair.

The working classes resented that the EU mainly benefits the corporatism, banks, assorted elites and bureaucrats. Sound like some group of people we know?

Other felt the effects of immigration. Low cost housing, benefits to immigrants etc. They saw loss of culture, and their status in the society. Again, sound like a group we know?

The EU was sold on trade. It grew into a large undemocratic political organization. Xenophobia absolutely played a part in it, so to did finance. Lots of GOOD reasons to leave. Do I think they made the right decision? No, not really, but it was their choice to make, not mine.
UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 7:24:53 PM

*Yesterday posts a video by Milo Yiannopulos on why the UK should leave because of Muslim immigration*

*Proceeds to make another thread blaming Muslim immigrants for the Brexit*

(facepalm)
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 11:45:51 PM

I feel no need to disrupt that narrative. The people who push it are just shooting themselves in the foot, because it is utterly tonedeaf and patronizing. Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Rukado
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2016 12:23:03 AM

Brexit is caused by a people who want to be free, something idiots don't understand.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2016 12:33:36 AM
At 6/25/2016 12:23:03 AM, Rukado wrote:

Brexit is caused by a people who want to be free, something idiots don't understand.

The current narrative is that "Freedom" is a dogwhistle for.. racism...
ahahahahahahahahah

god it's an insane time we live in!
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2016 12:34:52 AM
At 6/24/2016 7:24:53 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:

*Yesterday posts a video by Milo Yiannopulos on why the UK should leave because of Muslim immigration*

(facepalm)

It is their fault.
Tsar of DDO
xus00HAY
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2016 12:46:35 AM
People who live in England are the same race as people who live on the continent..
To be racist, they would be seperating Britain from a place where people were a different race. You idiots should not believe the liars
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2016 1:06:18 AM

And then there is me, secretly hoping that the liars get shot and the idiots get deported.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2016 1:06:29 AM
At 6/25/2016 12:23:03 AM, Rukado wrote:

+1
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2016 1:09:00 AM

(facepalm)

You think either of those are indicative of either racism or xenophobia? Do you think that it's racist to dislike a certain RELIGIOUS group immigrating en mass to your nation that has views diametrically opposed to it? Is it xenophobic to do the same thing? You need to learn what those two terms mean and then realize that using any term doesn't answer the question and problem at hand, which is that of the burden brought upon Europe from uncontrolled Islamic immigration.

TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2016 2:14:20 AM
At 6/25/2016 1:09:00 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:

(facepalm)

You think either of those are indicative of either racism or xenophobia? Do you think that it's racist to dislike a certain RELIGIOUS group immigrating en mass to your nation that has views diametrically opposed to it? Is it xenophobic to do the same thing? You need to learn what those two terms mean and then realize that using any term doesn't answer the question and problem at hand, which is that of the burden brought upon Europe from uncontrolled Islamic immigration.

You bballcrook21 need to learn so many things. Like how to not be a little prick.

Look, no fan of Islam here, but you are the reason I have to "defend" anything. Your moronic posts insist that I say something, regardless how much I think the RELIGION sucks rocks.

You. You are why liberals like me have to say, "now, I am not a complete idiot, but Islam...." Grow the hell up and talk like an adult you f**king child.
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2016 2:16:41 AM
At 6/25/2016 2:14:20 AM, TBR wrote:

(facepalm)

You bballcrook21 need to learn so many things. Like how to not be a little prick.

How was I being a prick by pointing out that neither of the terms applies?

Look, no fan of Islam here, but you are the reason I have to "defend" anything. Your moronic posts insist that I say something, regardless how much I think the RELIGION sucks rocks.

Yes, I contest your arguments and thus you have to defend them. Do you expect to come onto a debate site and not have to defend your arguments?

You. You are why liberals like me have to say, "now, I am not a complete idiot, but Islam...." Grow the hell up and talk like an adult you f**king child.

Yes, you have to prove time and time again that you are not a complete idiot, but it's just a facade.

TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2016 2:29:32 AM
At 6/25/2016 2:16:41 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 6/25/2016 2:14:20 AM, TBR wrote:

(facepalm)

How was I being a prick by pointing out that neither of the terms applies?

Yes, I contest your arguments and thus you have to defend them. Do you expect to come onto a debate site and not have to defend your arguments?

Yes, you have to prove time and time again that you are not a complete idiot, but it's just a facade.

bballcrook21,

Look man. You are hardly register on my radar. Recently you have poked, and I have reason to poke back. Your arguments are bereft of any real substance, you bickered with me over systematic (while being wrong) , and not I can't help but notice how idiotic you are.

Do as you please. Post as you please. Only point here is, I have your number, and I clearly don't like who you are.
lotsoffun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2016 2:39:30 AM

Brexit is a strike against one world government. Thank you to the country of some of my ancestors for refusing to bow down to an unelected central authority. Sounds like what the United Nations is trying to become- an unelected authority.
lotsoffun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2016 2:39:30 AM

Brexit is a strike against one world government. Thank you to the country of some of my ancestors for refusing to bow down to an unelected central authority. Sounds like what the United Nations is trying to become- an unelected authority.
famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2016 2:50:16 PM

I completely agree with the message here. You don't know how many times I've heard people say things like, "the only reason we voted leave is because all the white old people who dislike immigration voted leave to stop immigrants" and stuff like that which is completely BS. The vote to leave wasn't done by racists people due to racist motives. The debate was a lot bigger than that and expands to significantly more reasons than that.
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2016 2:54:43 PM
At 6/25/2016 2:50:16 PM, famousdebater wrote:

I completely agree with the message here. You don't know how many times I've heard people say things like, "the only reason we voted leave is because all the white old people who dislike immigration voted leave to stop immigrants" and stuff like that which is completely BS. The vote to leave wasn't done by racists people due to racist motives. The debate was a lot bigger than that and expands to significantly more reasons than that.

Here is something I do not understand. Why is everybody worried about trading freely? Can't the British make trade deals with the EU? The Swiss are the freest economy in Europe, have free trade with plenty of countries, and yet do not reside in the E.U. The short term effects are bad indeed, but everything should come back to normal eventually.
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2016 5:26:19 PM
At 6/25/2016 2:54:43 PM, tajshar2k wrote:

Here is something I do not understand. Why is everybody worried about trading freely? Can't the British make trade deals with the EU? The Swiss are the freest economy in Europe, have free trade with plenty of countries, and yet do not reside in the E.U. The short term effects are bad indeed, but everything should come back to normal eventually.

In reality this is a possibility but the people that will be taking over Cameron after his resignation (presumably Boris Johnson) will not do this due to their hatred and discontent towards the EU. Though different deals will be made with the individual countries which is why trade wont be an issue.

Whilst before we had deals with the EU to trade with places like France, Greece, etc. so that we all benefit from each other that doesn't mean that we'll have to stop trading with all of these countries (like some people say). What'll happen is that we'll establish our own trade related deals with various different countries separately from the EU and without their aid. These countries ultimately benefited from our trade deals too so there's no reason to think that they won't make these deals again outside of the EU.
John Galsworthy
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2016 6:55:56 PM
At 6/25/2016 5:26:19 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 6/25/2016 2:54:43 PM, tajshar2k wrote:

In reality this is a possibility but the people that will be taking over Cameron after his resignation (presumably Boris Johnson) will not do this due to their hatred and discontent towards the EU. Though different deals will be made with the individual countries which is why trade wont be an issue.

Whilst before we had deals with the EU to trade with places like France, Greece, etc. so that we all benefit from each other that doesn't mean that we'll have to stop trading with all of these countries (like some people say). What'll happen is that we'll establish our own trade related deals with various different countries separately from the EU and without their aid. These countries ultimately benefited from our trade deals too so there's no reason to think that they won't make these deals again outside of the EU.

Stop saying "whilst." It's a disgusting word. A word so disgusting it should be purged from the English language, much like Muslim immigrants should be purged from the United Kingdom.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2016 6:57:31 PM
At 6/25/2016 12:46:35 AM, xus00HAY wrote:
People who live in England are the same race as people who live on the continent..
To be racist, they would be seperating Britain from a place where people were a different race. You idiots should not believe the liars

Well said.
Tsar of DDO
famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2016 6:59:29 PM
At 6/25/2016 6:55:56 PM, YYW wrote:
Stop saying "whilst." It's a disgusting word. A word so disgusting it should be purged from the English language, much like Muslim immigrants should be purged from the United Kingdom.

Lol.
John Galsworthy
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2016 6:59:52 PM
At 6/25/2016 6:59:29 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 6/25/2016 6:55:56 PM, YYW wrote:

Lol.

Really. Stop it. It's a vile, disgusting word.
Tsar of DDO
Lynx_N
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2016 9:15:02 PM
Now, I've written a poem about Brexit.
It's called "Brexit".
It goes like this:

Brexit, Brexit, Brexit
Britains's exit, exit exit