Jump to topic:

Obama threw UK under the bus.

Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 10:14:41 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
With empty threats of favoring the EU over the UK in trade deals, throwing UK to the back of the que.

Now that BREXIT is real, Obama is telling his surrogates to stand down, and start chanting the "moving foward" mantra....

disgusting.
Rukado
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 10:34:29 PM
Obama wanted bigger government to win, so he discouraged the UK exit. But, now what the deal is done, there's no more reason for Obama to discourage the UK exit.
Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 11:23:25 PM
At 6/24/2016 10:34:29 PM, Rukado wrote:
Obama wanted bigger government to win, so he discouraged the UK exit. But, now what the deal is done, there's no more reason for Obama to discourage the UK exit.

Yes he looks like an idiot in my opinion now he has admitted relations with the UK will not be damaged by brexit. It was obvious at the time that the claim about us going to the back of the que was no more than baseless scaremongering. What kind of idiot would actually believe that a country the size of the USA is incapable of negotiating two trade deals simultaneously. I expect the UK to conclude a trade deal with the USA within 5 years. I doubt the 27 member states in the EU will ever agree on a trade deal with the USA.
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 11:35:54 PM
At 6/24/2016 11:23:25 PM, Chloe8 wrote:

Yes he looks like an idiot in my opinion now he has admitted relations with the UK will not be damaged by brexit. It was obvious at the time that the claim about us going to the back of the que was no more than baseless scaremongering. What kind of idiot would actually believe that a country the size of the USA is incapable of negotiating two trade deals simultaneously. I expect the UK to conclude a trade deal with the USA within 5 years. I doubt the 27 member states in the EU will ever agree on a trade deal with the USA.

Good thing the UK liberals are way smarter than USA liberals. Obama is worshipped over here...
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 11:37:32 PM

Also, Trump will easily do it in his first year.
Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2016 12:07:00 AM
At 6/24/2016 11:37:32 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

A trade deal with the UK or the EU?

I think Clinton will probably win.
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2016 12:22:23 AM
At 6/25/2016 12:07:00 AM, Chloe8 wrote:

both. and Hillary doesn't have a prayer.
Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2016 7:18:38 AM
At 6/25/2016 12:22:23 AM, Greyparrot wrote:

Maybe he would quickly sign trade deals but I doubt he could agree one with the EU in just one year. To get 27 other countries to agree would probably mean he had rushed into a deal that didn't actually benefit the USA that much and only benefited the EU. I reckon Clinton will win, let's see what happens!

slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2016 12:40:43 PM

I can see the love in your eyes.

When you dress up and greet him at the door and he hits you despite the fine diner you made don't come here to cry about it.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2016 2:11:55 PM
At 6/25/2016 7:18:38 AM, Chloe8 wrote:

Maybe he would quickly sign trade deals but I doubt he could agree one with the EU in just one year. To get 27 other countries to agree would probably mean he had rushed into a deal that didn't actually benefit the USA that much and only benefited the EU. I reckon Clinton will win, let's see what happens!

When negotiating from a position of power, the only bottleneck is the USA and the special interests of the USA....I'm pretty confident in my prediction, and I stand by it.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2016 2:22:31 PM
At 6/25/2016 2:11:55 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

When negotiating from a position of power, the only bottleneck is the USA and the special interests of the USA....I'm pretty confident in my prediction, and I stand by it.

Yeah, they're not going to drag a their feet on any deal with the US. We're the largest consumer market in the world (three times bigger than China in second place), and the EU is now even more dependent on us (and our British allies =P) for defense against Russian power projection, especially when you take into account the EU's recent eastward expansion.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2016 2:34:25 PM
At 6/24/2016 10:14:41 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
With empty threats of favoring the EU over the UK in trade deals, throwing UK to the back of the que.

Now that BREXIT is real, Obama is telling his surrogates to stand down, and start chanting the "moving foward" mantra....

disgusting.

No The UK was already under the bus before Obama even got started.
Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2016 2:47:35 PM
At 6/25/2016 2:11:55 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

The EU is not easy to negotiate with. Even though the USA is the biggest court in the negotiations the other 27 will bicker and argue over any little thing that might not suit them specifically. Trump would have to take his time to make sure the deal was beneficial to the USA. The EU won't rush into anything unless the USA fails to look after its own interests and signs a deal that does not really serve its national interest and just favours the EU disproportionately.

Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2016 4:13:10 PM
At 6/26/2016 2:47:35 PM, Chloe8 wrote:

The EU is not easy to negotiate with. Even though the USA is the biggest court in the negotiations the other 27 will bicker and argue over any little thing that might not suit them specifically. Trump would have to take his time to make sure the deal was beneficial to the USA. The EU won't rush into anything unless the USA fails to look after its own interests and signs a deal that does not really serve its national interest and just favours the EU disproportionately.

I suppose then what Obama said was the exact opposite in reality, that the EU is going to have to wait in the back of the que, not the UK... :D
Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2016 4:39:45 PM
At 6/26/2016 4:13:10 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 6/26/2016 2:47:35 PM, Chloe8 wrote:

I suppose then what Obama said was the exact opposite in reality, that the EU is going to have to wait in the back of the que, not the UK... :D

The EU is happy to be at the back of the que. They are so busy with their internal squabbling they forget the rest of the world exists. A trade deal between the UK and the USA will be a formality compared to a USA- EU deal.

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 9:57:32 PM
At 6/24/2016 10:14:41 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

disgusting.

At least we got the first black president(who is whiter than most white people) out of the way.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...