Jump to topic:

Sarkozy's Five Pillar New EU Treaty

Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 11:21:27 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
"The first should be the creation of a Schengen 2 agreement overseen by a European interior minister to ensure Europe's borders were 'respected' and that non-Europeans could not enter and move around the continent as they please.

Second, he called for 'an economic government of the eurozone with a stable president elected by his peers, a European monetary fund that will 'ensure the independence of Europe'.

Third, the principle of subsidiarity 'must become a reality', bar around a dozen strategic priorities that can be handled at continental level, such as energy and agriculture.

Fourth, the European Commission 'can no longer cumulate executive, legislative and judicial competencies', he said. 'It must enact the European Council's decisions' and not take any without the 'explicit accord of the European parliament or national parliaments.'

And finally, 'the process of European englargement must clearly be stopped until further notice.' Turkey, he went on, 'has no place in the EU.'

This isn't from a far right agitation group, this is from the former PM, likely to be the future PM, of France. It seems as if Brexit has emboldened Euroskeptics everywhere, with pressure coming from both the far right and left in France. There are also rumblings from Denmark, the Netherlands, Poland, and Italy. This many just be the catalyst for far-reaching reforms to the EU's disastrous migrant policy, and its lack of representation. Blood is in the water, and the sharks are circling.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2016 11:39:04 PM
At 6/24/2016 11:21:27 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
"The first should be the creation of a Schengen 2 agreement overseen by a European interior minister to ensure Europe's borders were 'respected' and that non-Europeans could not enter and move around the continent as they please.

Second, he called for 'an economic government of the eurozone with a stable president elected by his peers, a European monetary fund that will 'ensure the independence of Europe'.

Third, the principle of subsidiarity 'must become a reality', bar around a dozen strategic priorities that can be handled at continental level, such as energy and agriculture.

Fourth, the European Commission 'can no longer cumulate executive, legislative and judicial competencies', he said. 'It must enact the European Council's decisions' and not take any without the 'explicit accord of the European parliament or national parliaments.'

And finally, 'the process of European englargement must clearly be stopped until further notice.' Turkey, he went on, 'has no place in the EU.'

This isn't from a far right agitation group, this is from the former PM, likely to be the future PM, of France. It seems as if Brexit has emboldened Euroskeptics everywhere, with pressure coming from both the far right and left in France. There are also rumblings from Denmark, the Netherlands, Poland, and Italy. This many just be the catalyst for far-reaching reforms to the EU's disastrous migrant policy, and its lack of representation. Blood is in the water, and the sharks are circling.

What would be interesting is if the EU actually reforms...and then UK re-applies :P
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2016 3:06:53 AM
At 6/24/2016 11:39:04 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

What would be interesting is if the EU actually reforms...and then UK re-applies :P

LOL, troll Farage ftw.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2016 3:10:43 AM
At 6/24/2016 11:39:04 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

Sometimes you need to be punched in the face to get some sense knocked into you.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Diqiucun_Cunmin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2016 5:17:11 AM

Firstly, this is a nitpick, but I have to be opportunistic because it's so hard to find and opportunity to nitpick about your posts: Sarkozy is the former President, not the former PM :P

I think Sarkozy is going for populism after the terrorist attacks and stuff. He's been more and more aggressive since renaming the UMP as the Republican Party and clearly wants the presidency back, and doesn't want the FN to eat into too many of his party's votes in the two 2017 elections.
The thing is, I hate relativism. I hate relativism more than I hate everything else, excepting, maybe, fibreglass powerboats... What it overlooks, to put it briefly and crudely, is the fixed structure of human nature. - Jerry Fodor

Don't be a stat cynic:
http://www.debate.org...

Response to conservative views on deforestation:

Topics I'd like to debate (not debating ATM): http://tinyurl.com...
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2016 12:00:39 PM
At 6/26/2016 5:17:11 AM, Diqiucun_Cunmin wrote:

Firstly, this is a nitpick, but I have to be opportunistic because it's so hard to find and opportunity to nitpick about your posts: Sarkozy is the former President, not the former PM :P

Lol, thanks, I'm so used to talking and reading about Britain for three days that I had a bit of a Freudian slip =P

I think Sarkozy is going for populism after the terrorist attacks and stuff. He's been more and more aggressive since renaming the UMP as the Republican Party and clearly wants the presidency back, and doesn't want the FN to eat into too many of his party's votes in the two 2017 elections.

I agree, I think that a lot of European centrists will be tugged to the right.
- Hilaire Belloc -
Diqiucun_Cunmin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2016 4:22:49 PM
At 6/26/2016 12:00:39 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 6/26/2016 5:17:11 AM, Diqiucun_Cunmin wrote:

Lol, thanks, I'm so used to talking and reading about Britain for three days that I had a bit of a Freudian slip =P
Haha yeah so that's why XD Apparently the relationship between the French president and PM is actually similar to that between the British monarch and PM, in the sense that the latter does far more work than the former. Sarkozy and Hollande appear on TV, deliver speeches and do PR stuff while the PM actually heads the government...

I agree, I think that a lot of European centrists will be tugged to the right.
Yep. Incidentally, pretty much the same thing is happening here in Hong Kong, although funnily it's the youth and not the older generation that gets tucked to the right. It's created a huge faultline in the pro-democracy camp that is growing wider and deeper by the day.
The thing is, I hate relativism. I hate relativism more than I hate everything else, excepting, maybe, fibreglass powerboats... What it overlooks, to put it briefly and crudely, is the fixed structure of human nature. - Jerry Fodor

Don't be a stat cynic:

Response to conservative views on deforestation:

Topics I'd like to debate (not debating ATM): http://tinyurl.com...