Jump to topic:

Disgusting Democratic Sens. on Sanders

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2016 5:05:01 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
Bernie Sanders is back in the Senate, and his return has been a bit awkward.

Hm?

The Vermont senator enjoyed roaring crowds on the 2016 campaign trail and quickly became a political celebrity, raking in donations and appearing on "Saturday Night Live." He received a standing ovation at the Senate Democratic caucus lunch last week, where he was allowed to speak for nearly half an hour.

That happens.

But otherwise, his return has been described by a variety of sources as "low key."
Sanders attracted more than 12 million votes in the Democratic presidential primaries and caucuses " including the support of hundreds of thousands of young liberals " by calling for a "revolution" and an overhaul of the Democratic Party.

Low key? Ok. He's just a colleague.

That message has been less enthusiastically received in the Senate, where lawmakers often note that Sanders enjoys the full privileges of membership in the Democratic caucus even though he is technically an independent.

Ok.

A senior Democratic aide said Sanders "annoyed" some colleagues last week by proclaiming in a speech his desire to "transform the Democratic Party so that it becomes a party of working people and young people, and not just wealthy campaign contributors."

WHAT THE FVCK? WHO THE FVCK WOULD SAY THAT? ARE THEY FVCKING STUPID?

Fvck this. Party unity? You want him to bring unity - and you refuse to let this be a worker's party in policy, but you ask unions for contributions? Get fvcking real.

http://thehill.com...
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2016 5:24:18 AM

Fvck this. Party unity? You want him to bring unity - and you refuse to let this be a worker's party in policy, but you ask unions for contributions? Get fvcking real.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com...
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2016 6:43:31 AM
At 6/25/2016 5:05:01 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
Bernie Sanders is back in the Senate, and his return has been a bit awkward.

Hm?

The Vermont senator enjoyed roaring crowds on the 2016 campaign trail and quickly became a political celebrity, raking in donations and appearing on "Saturday Night Live." He received a standing ovation at the Senate Democratic caucus lunch last week, where he was allowed to speak for nearly half an hour.

That happens.

But otherwise, his return has been described by a variety of sources as "low key." Sanders attracted more than 12 million votes in the Democratic presidential primaries and caucuses " including the support of hundreds of thousands of young liberals " by calling for a "revolution" and an overhaul of the Democratic Party.

Fix'd^

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2016 11:24:15 AM
A senior Democratic aide said Sanders "annoyed" some colleagues last week by proclaiming in a speech his desire to "transform the Democratic Party so that it becomes a party of working people and young people, and not just wealthy campaign contributors."

Lol, why actually support workers right when the corrupt Union leadership will back you because they have long ago ossified from politically promiscuous advocacy groups into part and parcel of the party machinery, which funnels worker dues to the Democratic party regardless of their principles and policies? This is why both union leadership and the Democratic party will lose huge amounts of influence during this election.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2016 12:41:08 PM
At 6/25/2016 11:24:15 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:

Lol, why actually support workers right when the corrupt Union leadership will back you because they have long ago ossified from politically promiscuous advocacy groups into part and parcel of the party machinery, which funnels worker dues to the Democratic party regardless of their principles and policies? This is why both union leadership and the Democratic party will lose huge amounts of influence during this election.

Yeah. Even if they win back the Senate and sh!t it seems that young liberals are holding the DNC accountable.

For once.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King