NY Dem meeting: Bernie delegate assaulted

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2016 5:15:33 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
So this happened at the NY delegates meeting:

They were picking DNC delegates, and Andrew Cuomo was picked by the person on stage. So, a few Bernie delegates tried to state dissent - and they had their microphones cut.

So a female delegate walked back to her seat after getting no response as to why. On her way, an elderly man slapped her. And when she told him to not hit her, he hit her with his cane.

Imagine - if Clinton supporters had their mics cut and then were hit with canes. There would be insane media outrage at Sanders.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2016 5:18:01 AM
At 6/25/2016 5:15:33 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
So this happened at the NY delegates meeting:

They were picking DNC delegates, and Andrew Cuomo was picked by the person on stage. So, a few Bernie delegates tried to state dissent - and they had their microphones cut.

So a female delegate walked back to her seat after getting no response as to why. On her way, an elderly man slapped her. And when she told him to not hit her, he hit her with his cane.

Imagine - if Clinton supporters had their mics cut and then were hit with canes. There would be insane media outrage at Sanders.

Typical behavior from the political man.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2016 5:20:47 AM
https://shadowproof.com...

As Konst recounted, a little over one hour into the meeting, Reich called for a vote on making Cuomo the delegation chair. Fifteen people stood up to say they did not recognize the nominee and that they wanted to make a motion to nominate another person for the position. Delegates wanted to nominate Sanders at-large delegate Linda Sarsour, an American Muslim activist and prominent figure in the campaign. Reich ignored everyone. He pounded the gavel and indicated Cuomo had won the vote.

Konst rushed up to the microphone, along with Ahmed, to demand the chair of the meeting recognize those individuals trying to make motions. She informed the chair that there were twenty motions. The chair maintained those motions were not made when he asked.

According to Konst, she pointed to all the people making motions and then the microphone was shut off. She tried to follow Robert"s Rules of Order and the leadership of the meeting silenced her and everyone in the room trying to participate in the meeting.

Konst claimed Basil Smikle, the executive director of the New York State Democratic Party, was under the impression no Sanders delegate would motion during the meeting. No such agreement was made with the Democratic state party, but regardless, that did not mean a procedure could be ignored. She also claimed Reich told her it did not matter what Sanders delegates did. What happened during the meeting was entirely up to him.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King