Total Posts:64|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Islamic Barbarism Reaches New Low!

YYW
Posts: 36,375
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2016 11:42:59 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
Idiots! Vile, disgusting idiots! Religious nutter idiots!

This is so stupid when I first read it, I thought it was an Onion article, but NO! THIS IS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW!

In Iran, if you own a dog, the government will come and take your dog away.

http://www.samaa.tv...

Dog owners in Central Iran were informed that the religious police kidnapped their dogs under the pretext of vaccination, but in reality, the dogs have been taken and will never be returned.

Iran's disgusting, barbaric government claims that dog ownership promotes "vulgar Western culture" and that people who keep dogs will be "dealt with firmly."

What the fvck does that mean? What kind of a vile, sick, disgusting, barbaric, inhumanely cruel, malicious, perverse, repulsive government kidnaps dogs?

Iranian families are in tears, as would anyone, if the government seized their pets.

The Iranian government is a disgrace to human civilization, and their perverse "religious reasons" for kidnapping dogs (and probably killing them, though that was not indicated in the article) are indescribably vile.

But this is also a country that uses its religion to justify publicly executing gays, so of course there is no depth that the Iranian government would not sink too.

This pathetic, stupid country, with a pathetic, stupid government, with pathetic, stupid laws, ruled by pathetic, stupid people must be forced to become civilized.

Fvck their religious police.
Tsar of DDO
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2016 12:05:16 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/25/2016 11:42:59 PM, YYW wrote:
Idiots! Vile, disgusting idiots! Religious nutter idiots!

This is so stupid when I first read it, I thought it was an Onion article, but NO! THIS IS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW!

In Iran, if you own a dog, the government will come and take your dog away.

http://www.samaa.tv...

Dog owners in Central Iran were informed that the religious police kidnapped their dogs under the pretext of vaccination, but in reality, the dogs have been taken and will never be returned.

Iran's disgusting, barbaric government claims that dog ownership promotes "vulgar Western culture" and that people who keep dogs will be "dealt with firmly."

What the fvck does that mean? What kind of a vile, sick, disgusting, barbaric, inhumanely cruel, malicious, perverse, repulsive government kidnaps dogs?

Iranian families are in tears, as would anyone, if the government seized their pets.

The Iranian government is a disgrace to human civilization, and their perverse "religious reasons" for kidnapping dogs (and probably killing them, though that was not indicated in the article) are indescribably vile.

But this is also a country that uses its religion to justify publicly executing gays, so of course there is no depth that the Iranian government would not sink too.

This pathetic, stupid country, with a pathetic, stupid government, with pathetic, stupid laws, ruled by pathetic, stupid people must be forced to become civilized.

Fvck their religious police.

Yea, that is some next level bullsh1t.

If dogs are haram, why not be brave enough to say so? I fuc*ing hate Islam.

Where is that know-(it)islam-all Yasmen to explain this to us all.
AnnaCzereda
Posts: 62
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2016 12:15:20 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
I think the Iranian citizens have more serious problems than not being allowed to keep dogs. There is a lot of censorship there. It's a totalitarian country.
That being said, I don't really understand your passionate anger with the state of things in Iran. You don't live there, do you?
He wished to turn his countenance from the smoldering rubble, but saw from amidst the embers that a few chaff would not burn away. To these, he stared into the eye of God sneering, and called them, 'Promethean.'
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2016 12:18:47 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/26/2016 12:15:20 AM, AnnaCzereda wrote:
I think the Iranian citizens have more serious problems than not being allowed to keep dogs. There is a lot of censorship there. It's a totalitarian country.
That being said, I don't really understand your passionate anger with the state of things in Iran. You don't live there, do you?

Because this is a prime example of a piece of sh1t government highlighting a piece of sh1t religion. Yea, they have problems, so lets steal and kill all the dogs.
AnnaCzereda
Posts: 62
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2016 12:26:03 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/26/2016 12:18:47 AM, TBR wrote:
Because this is a prime example of a piece of sh1t government highlighting a piece of sh1t religion. Yea, they have problems, so lets steal and kill all the dogs.

I don't see a problem. I live in Poland, not in some Muslim country. Why should I care? We have very few Muslims here and they don't cause any problems. It's the other countries that have a problem because their governments were stupid enough to accept large numbers of Muslim immigrants.
He wished to turn his countenance from the smoldering rubble, but saw from amidst the embers that a few chaff would not burn away. To these, he stared into the eye of God sneering, and called them, 'Promethean.'
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2016 12:28:29 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/26/2016 12:26:03 AM, AnnaCzereda wrote:
At 6/26/2016 12:18:47 AM, TBR wrote:
Because this is a prime example of a piece of sh1t government highlighting a piece of sh1t religion. Yea, they have problems, so lets steal and kill all the dogs.

I don't see a problem. I live in Poland, not in some Muslim country. Why should I care? We have very few Muslims here and they don't cause any problems. It's the other countries that have a problem because their governments were stupid enough to accept large numbers of Muslim immigrants.

Its called empathy.
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2016 12:33:47 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/26/2016 12:05:16 AM, TBR wrote:
At 6/25/2016 11:42:59 PM, YYW wrote:
Idiots! Vile, disgusting idiots! Religious nutter idiots!

This is so stupid when I first read it, I thought it was an Onion article, but NO! THIS IS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW!

In Iran, if you own a dog, the government will come and take your dog away.

http://www.samaa.tv...

Dog owners in Central Iran were informed that the religious police kidnapped their dogs under the pretext of vaccination, but in reality, the dogs have been taken and will never be returned.

Iran's disgusting, barbaric government claims that dog ownership promotes "vulgar Western culture" and that people who keep dogs will be "dealt with firmly."

What the fvck does that mean? What kind of a vile, sick, disgusting, barbaric, inhumanely cruel, malicious, perverse, repulsive government kidnaps dogs?

Iranian families are in tears, as would anyone, if the government seized their pets.

The Iranian government is a disgrace to human civilization, and their perverse "religious reasons" for kidnapping dogs (and probably killing them, though that was not indicated in the article) are indescribably vile.

But this is also a country that uses its religion to justify publicly executing gays, so of course there is no depth that the Iranian government would not sink too.

This pathetic, stupid country, with a pathetic, stupid government, with pathetic, stupid laws, ruled by pathetic, stupid people must be forced to become civilized.

Fvck their religious police.

Yea, that is some next level bullsh1t.

If dogs are haram, why not be brave enough to say so? I fuc*ing hate Islam.

Where is that know-(it)islam-all Yasmen to explain this to us all.

This makes me think of that one meme that goes "absolutely haram".

Nonetheless, I agree. Islam is as peaceful of a religion as LeBron James is short.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2016 12:34:07 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/26/2016 12:15:20 AM, AnnaCzereda wrote:
I think the Iranian citizens have more serious problems than not being allowed to keep dogs. There is a lot of censorship there. It's a totalitarian country.
That being said, I don't really understand your passionate anger with the state of things in Iran. You don't live there, do you?

You can care about what happens in places where you don't live.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2016 12:34:16 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/26/2016 12:28:29 AM, TBR wrote:
At 6/26/2016 12:26:03 AM, AnnaCzereda wrote:
At 6/26/2016 12:18:47 AM, TBR wrote:
Because this is a prime example of a piece of sh1t government highlighting a piece of sh1t religion. Yea, they have problems, so lets steal and kill all the dogs.

I don't see a problem. I live in Poland, not in some Muslim country. Why should I care? We have very few Muslims here and they don't cause any problems. It's the other countries that have a problem because their governments were stupid enough to accept large numbers of Muslim immigrants.

Its called empathy.

^
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2016 12:35:05 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/25/2016 11:42:59 PM, YYW wrote:
Idiots! Vile, disgusting idiots! Religious nutter idiots!

This is so stupid when I first read it, I thought it was an Onion article, but NO! THIS IS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW!

In Iran, if you own a dog, the government will come and take your dog away.

http://www.samaa.tv...

Dog owners in Central Iran were informed that the religious police kidnapped their dogs under the pretext of vaccination, but in reality, the dogs have been taken and will never be returned.

Iran's disgusting, barbaric government claims that dog ownership promotes "vulgar Western culture" and that people who keep dogs will be "dealt with firmly."

What the fvck does that mean? What kind of a vile, sick, disgusting, barbaric, inhumanely cruel, malicious, perverse, repulsive government kidnaps dogs?

Iranian families are in tears, as would anyone, if the government seized their pets.

The Iranian government is a disgrace to human civilization, and their perverse "religious reasons" for kidnapping dogs (and probably killing them, though that was not indicated in the article) are indescribably vile.

But this is also a country that uses its religion to justify publicly executing gays, so of course there is no depth that the Iranian government would not sink too.

This pathetic, stupid country, with a pathetic, stupid government, with pathetic, stupid laws, ruled by pathetic, stupid people must be forced to become civilized.

Fvck their religious police.

Are you going to get on hangouts?
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
Blade-of-Truth
Posts: 5,036
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2016 12:39:01 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/25/2016 11:42:59 PM, YYW wrote:
Idiots! Vile, disgusting idiots! Religious nutter idiots!

This is so stupid when I first read it, I thought it was an Onion article, but NO! THIS IS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW!

In Iran, if you own a dog, the government will come and take your dog away.

http://www.samaa.tv...

Dog owners in Central Iran were informed that the religious police kidnapped their dogs under the pretext of vaccination, but in reality, the dogs have been taken and will never be returned.

Iran's disgusting, barbaric government claims that dog ownership promotes "vulgar Western culture" and that people who keep dogs will be "dealt with firmly."

That's absurd! The practice of keeping animals as pets predates America and "western culture" itself. Unbelievable.

What the fvck does that mean? What kind of a vile, sick, disgusting, barbaric, inhumanely cruel, malicious, perverse, repulsive government kidnaps dogs?

Iranian families are in tears, as would anyone, if the government seized their pets.

The Iranian government is a disgrace to human civilization, and their perverse "religious reasons" for kidnapping dogs (and probably killing them, though that was not indicated in the article) are indescribably vile.

But this is also a country that uses its religion to justify publicly executing gays, so of course there is no depth that the Iranian government would not sink too.

This pathetic, stupid country, with a pathetic, stupid government, with pathetic, stupid laws, ruled by pathetic, stupid people must be forced to become civilized.

Fvck their religious police.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
rross
Posts: 2,772
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2016 12:48:32 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
I've felt uneasy about dog "ownership" ever since adreamofliberty aired his opinions here. Also, I'm allergic to dogs, and if you live in an area where people are irresponsible about cleaning up coughfrancecough, there's sh1t everywhere.
I say go for it. Ban dogs.
lotsoffun
Posts: 1,610
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2016 1:46:06 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/25/2016 11:42:59 PM, YYW wrote:
Idiots! Vile, disgusting idiots! Religious nutter idiots!

This is so stupid when I first read it, I thought it was an Onion article, but NO! THIS IS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW!

In Iran, if you own a dog, the government will come and take your dog away.

http://www.samaa.tv...

Dog owners in Central Iran were informed that the religious police kidnapped their dogs under the pretext of vaccination, but in reality, the dogs have been taken and will never be returned.

Iran's disgusting, barbaric government claims that dog ownership promotes "vulgar Western culture" and that people who keep dogs will be "dealt with firmly."

What the fvck does that mean? What kind of a vile, sick, disgusting, barbaric, inhumanely cruel, malicious, perverse, repulsive government kidnaps dogs?

Iranian families are in tears, as would anyone, if the government seized their pets.

The Iranian government is a disgrace to human civilization, and their perverse "religious reasons" for kidnapping dogs (and probably killing them, though that was not indicated in the article) are indescribably vile.

But this is also a country that uses its religion to justify publicly executing gays, so of course there is no depth that the Iranian government would not sink too.

This pathetic, stupid country, with a pathetic, stupid government, with pathetic, stupid laws, ruled by pathetic, stupid people must be forced to become civilized.

Fvck their religious police.

You sound like one of those people who gets more enraged at the (supposed death) of animals than you would about the horrors inflicted on human beings in Iran. You must be British.
YYW
Posts: 36,375
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2016 1:47:43 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/26/2016 1:46:06 AM, lotsoffun wrote:
At 6/25/2016 11:42:59 PM, YYW wrote:
Idiots! Vile, disgusting idiots! Religious nutter idiots!

This is so stupid when I first read it, I thought it was an Onion article, but NO! THIS IS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW!

In Iran, if you own a dog, the government will come and take your dog away.

http://www.samaa.tv...

Dog owners in Central Iran were informed that the religious police kidnapped their dogs under the pretext of vaccination, but in reality, the dogs have been taken and will never be returned.

Iran's disgusting, barbaric government claims that dog ownership promotes "vulgar Western culture" and that people who keep dogs will be "dealt with firmly."

What the fvck does that mean? What kind of a vile, sick, disgusting, barbaric, inhumanely cruel, malicious, perverse, repulsive government kidnaps dogs?

Iranian families are in tears, as would anyone, if the government seized their pets.

The Iranian government is a disgrace to human civilization, and their perverse "religious reasons" for kidnapping dogs (and probably killing them, though that was not indicated in the article) are indescribably vile.

But this is also a country that uses its religion to justify publicly executing gays, so of course there is no depth that the Iranian government would not sink too.

This pathetic, stupid country, with a pathetic, stupid government, with pathetic, stupid laws, ruled by pathetic, stupid people must be forced to become civilized.

Fvck their religious police.

You sound like one of those people who gets more enraged at the (supposed death) of animals than you would about the horrors inflicted on human beings in Iran. You must be British.

You must not be very bright. I have made a name for myself railing against Iran and Islamic culture in the middle east, and this is the first instance of my highlighting their barbarism on how they treat animals and pet owners.

Please refrain in the future from making stupid comments.
Tsar of DDO
Skepsikyma
Posts: 8,286
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2016 1:50:56 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/26/2016 12:28:29 AM, TBR wrote:
At 6/26/2016 12:26:03 AM, AnnaCzereda wrote:
At 6/26/2016 12:18:47 AM, TBR wrote:
Because this is a prime example of a piece of sh1t government highlighting a piece of sh1t religion. Yea, they have problems, so lets steal and kill all the dogs.

I don't see a problem. I live in Poland, not in some Muslim country. Why should I care? We have very few Muslims here and they don't cause any problems. It's the other countries that have a problem because their governments were stupid enough to accept large numbers of Muslim immigrants.

Its called empathy.

Yeah, Americans tend to have more empathy for dogs than they do for human beings. That speaks volumes, really.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2016 1:54:17 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/26/2016 1:50:56 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 6/26/2016 12:28:29 AM, TBR wrote:
At 6/26/2016 12:26:03 AM, AnnaCzereda wrote:
At 6/26/2016 12:18:47 AM, TBR wrote:
Because this is a prime example of a piece of sh1t government highlighting a piece of sh1t religion. Yea, they have problems, so lets steal and kill all the dogs.

I don't see a problem. I live in Poland, not in some Muslim country. Why should I care? We have very few Muslims here and they don't cause any problems. It's the other countries that have a problem because their governments were stupid enough to accept large numbers of Muslim immigrants.

Its called empathy.

Yeah, Americans tend to have more empathy for dogs than they do for human beings. That speaks volumes, really.

Your argument was about people too, but regardless yea. I care about a dog in Iran too. We, Americans, ARE caring people. For all the faults you can find, many legitimate, a very clear positive aspect of Americans is they DO care.
Skepsikyma
Posts: 8,286
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2016 1:57:18 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/26/2016 12:39:01 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 6/25/2016 11:42:59 PM, YYW wrote:
Idiots! Vile, disgusting idiots! Religious nutter idiots!

This is so stupid when I first read it, I thought it was an Onion article, but NO! THIS IS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW!

In Iran, if you own a dog, the government will come and take your dog away.

http://www.samaa.tv...

Dog owners in Central Iran were informed that the religious police kidnapped their dogs under the pretext of vaccination, but in reality, the dogs have been taken and will never be returned.

Iran's disgusting, barbaric government claims that dog ownership promotes "vulgar Western culture" and that people who keep dogs will be "dealt with firmly."

That's absurd! The practice of keeping animals as pets predates America and "western culture" itself. Unbelievable.

Honestly, I don't think this is that bad. An aversion to dogs has long been a cultural taboo in the Muslims world, similar to how in the West rats are seen as unclean, while the Chinese revere them to a degree and keep them as pets. Dogs aren't special. They aren't particularly bright animals. We just have a cultural obsession with them. Indians have a cultural obsession with cows, we eat them. We have a cultural obsession with dophins and dogs, and the Japanese eat them. This is the cultural equivalent of screaming that MY FAVORITE ANIMAL IS OBJECTIVELY THE BEST ANIMAL!

They still keep pets, Muslims just have a weird cultural hangup about dogs in specific.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Skepsikyma
Posts: 8,286
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2016 2:13:02 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/26/2016 1:54:17 AM, TBR wrote:
At 6/26/2016 1:50:56 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 6/26/2016 12:28:29 AM, TBR wrote:
At 6/26/2016 12:26:03 AM, AnnaCzereda wrote:
At 6/26/2016 12:18:47 AM, TBR wrote:
Because this is a prime example of a piece of sh1t government highlighting a piece of sh1t religion. Yea, they have problems, so lets steal and kill all the dogs.

I don't see a problem. I live in Poland, not in some Muslim country. Why should I care? We have very few Muslims here and they don't cause any problems. It's the other countries that have a problem because their governments were stupid enough to accept large numbers of Muslim immigrants.

Its called empathy.

Yeah, Americans tend to have more empathy for dogs than they do for human beings. That speaks volumes, really.

Your argument was about people too, but regardless yea. I care about a dog in Iran too. We, Americans, ARE caring people. For all the faults you can find, many legitimate, a very clear positive aspect of Americans is they DO care.

Empathy is always selective. The sad fact of the matter is that the overwhelming majority of Americans care more about Bosnian dogs than Bosnian children, as was made clear by their reactions to the riots in which people mourning the brutal police dog killing of a local child lashed out at some dogs. Despite decades of brutal genocide and oppression languishing on the back page of newspapers, this story made it to the front page, and the outrage was humiliatingly palpable when compared to our years of relative silence while human beings were butchered. These sorts of reactions speak volumes to how obscenely sheltered people in first world countries live. Mass graves? Nope, sorry, I'm watching Judge Judy. Wait they killed a DOG!? Sound the trumpets! The cavalry rides! Any sense of moral rectitude, with that backdrop, can never be more than a farce.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
rross
Posts: 2,772
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2016 2:26:14 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/26/2016 2:13:02 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 6/26/2016 1:54:17 AM, TBR wrote:
At 6/26/2016 1:50:56 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 6/26/2016 12:28:29 AM, TBR wrote:
At 6/26/2016 12:26:03 AM, AnnaCzereda wrote:
At 6/26/2016 12:18:47 AM, TBR wrote:
Because this is a prime example of a piece of sh1t government highlighting a piece of sh1t religion. Yea, they have problems, so lets steal and kill all the dogs.

I don't see a problem. I live in Poland, not in some Muslim country. Why should I care? We have very few Muslims here and they don't cause any problems. It's the other countries that have a problem because their governments were stupid enough to accept large numbers of Muslim immigrants.

Its called empathy.

Yeah, Americans tend to have more empathy for dogs than they do for human beings. That speaks volumes, really.

Your argument was about people too, but regardless yea. I care about a dog in Iran too. We, Americans, ARE caring people. For all the faults you can find, many legitimate, a very clear positive aspect of Americans is they DO care.

Empathy is always selective. The sad fact of the matter is that the overwhelming majority of Americans care more about Bosnian dogs than Bosnian children, as was made clear by their reactions to the riots in which people mourning the brutal police dog killing of a local child lashed out at some dogs. Despite decades of brutal genocide and oppression languishing on the back page of newspapers, this story made it to the front page, and the outrage was humiliatingly palpable when compared to our years of relative silence while human beings were butchered. These sorts of reactions speak volumes to how obscenely sheltered people in first world countries live. Mass graves? Nope, sorry, I'm watching Judge Judy. Wait they killed a DOG!? Sound the trumpets! The cavalry rides! Any sense of moral rectitude, with that backdrop, can never be more than a farce.

That's so interesting. What's that all about? Because I think people really are shocked by mass graves. Maybe too shocked. And humans against humans is morally ambiguous, but anyone who can hurt a dog must be evil. Maybe it's about that.
Skepsikyma
Posts: 8,286
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2016 2:37:04 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/26/2016 2:26:14 AM, rross wrote:
At 6/26/2016 2:13:02 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 6/26/2016 1:54:17 AM, TBR wrote:
At 6/26/2016 1:50:56 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 6/26/2016 12:28:29 AM, TBR wrote:
At 6/26/2016 12:26:03 AM, AnnaCzereda wrote:
At 6/26/2016 12:18:47 AM, TBR wrote:
Because this is a prime example of a piece of sh1t government highlighting a piece of sh1t religion. Yea, they have problems, so lets steal and kill all the dogs.

I don't see a problem. I live in Poland, not in some Muslim country. Why should I care? We have very few Muslims here and they don't cause any problems. It's the other countries that have a problem because their governments were stupid enough to accept large numbers of Muslim immigrants.

Its called empathy.

Yeah, Americans tend to have more empathy for dogs than they do for human beings. That speaks volumes, really.

Your argument was about people too, but regardless yea. I care about a dog in Iran too. We, Americans, ARE caring people. For all the faults you can find, many legitimate, a very clear positive aspect of Americans is they DO care.

Empathy is always selective. The sad fact of the matter is that the overwhelming majority of Americans care more about Bosnian dogs than Bosnian children, as was made clear by their reactions to the riots in which people mourning the brutal police dog killing of a local child lashed out at some dogs. Despite decades of brutal genocide and oppression languishing on the back page of newspapers, this story made it to the front page, and the outrage was humiliatingly palpable when compared to our years of relative silence while human beings were butchered. These sorts of reactions speak volumes to how obscenely sheltered people in first world countries live. Mass graves? Nope, sorry, I'm watching Judge Judy. Wait they killed a DOG!? Sound the trumpets! The cavalry rides! Any sense of moral rectitude, with that backdrop, can never be more than a farce.

That's so interesting. What's that all about? Because I think people really are shocked by mass graves. Maybe too shocked. And humans against humans is morally ambiguous, but anyone who can hurt a dog must be evil. Maybe it's about that.

Yeah, I think so. People are deadened to human violence, because it's complicated. They don't want to think about it, so they take refuge in something simple (in their mind).

But really, this is like if Chinese people came to American and started screaming at us because we are MONSTERS for exterminating rats from our homes, because they are Man's best friend!
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2016 3:02:08 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/26/2016 2:13:02 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 6/26/2016 1:54:17 AM, TBR wrote:
At 6/26/2016 1:50:56 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 6/26/2016 12:28:29 AM, TBR wrote:
At 6/26/2016 12:26:03 AM, AnnaCzereda wrote:
At 6/26/2016 12:18:47 AM, TBR wrote:
Because this is a prime example of a piece of sh1t government highlighting a piece of sh1t religion. Yea, they have problems, so lets steal and kill all the dogs.

I don't see a problem. I live in Poland, not in some Muslim country. Why should I care? We have very few Muslims here and they don't cause any problems. It's the other countries that have a problem because their governments were stupid enough to accept large numbers of Muslim immigrants.

Its called empathy.

Yeah, Americans tend to have more empathy for dogs than they do for human beings. That speaks volumes, really.

Your argument was about people too, but regardless yea. I care about a dog in Iran too. We, Americans, ARE caring people. For all the faults you can find, many legitimate, a very clear positive aspect of Americans is they DO care.

Empathy is always selective. The sad fact of the matter is that the overwhelming majority of Americans care more about Bosnian dogs than Bosnian children, as was made clear by their reactions to the riots in which people mourning the brutal police dog killing of a local child lashed out at some dogs. Despite decades of brutal genocide and oppression languishing on the back page of newspapers, this story made it to the front page, and the outrage was humiliatingly palpable when compared to our years of relative silence while human beings were butchered. These sorts of reactions speak volumes to how obscenely sheltered people in first world countries live. Mass graves? Nope, sorry, I'm watching Judge Judy. Wait they killed a DOG!? Sound the trumpets! The cavalry rides! Any sense of moral rectitude, with that backdrop, can never be more than a farce.

Its very easy to get jaded. The truth is, as real as much of what you said is true, Americans by and large are very empathetic.
triangle.128k
Posts: 3,660
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2016 3:34:35 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/25/2016 11:42:59 PM, YYW wrote:
Idiots! Vile, disgusting idiots! Religious nutter idiots!

This is so stupid when I first read it, I thought it was an Onion article, but NO! THIS IS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW!

In Iran, if you own a dog, the government will come and take your dog away.

http://www.samaa.tv...

Dog owners in Central Iran were informed that the religious police kidnapped their dogs under the pretext of vaccination, but in reality, the dogs have been taken and will never be returned.

Iran's disgusting, barbaric government claims that dog ownership promotes "vulgar Western culture" and that people who keep dogs will be "dealt with firmly."

What the fvck does that mean? What kind of a vile, sick, disgusting, barbaric, inhumanely cruel, malicious, perverse, repulsive government kidnaps dogs?

Iranian families are in tears, as would anyone, if the government seized their pets.

The Iranian government is a disgrace to human civilization, and their perverse "religious reasons" for kidnapping dogs (and probably killing them, though that was not indicated in the article) are indescribably vile.

But this is also a country that uses its religion to justify publicly executing gays, so of course there is no depth that the Iranian government would not sink too.

This pathetic, stupid country, with a pathetic, stupid government, with pathetic, stupid laws, ruled by pathetic, stupid people must be forced to become civilized.

Fvck their religious police.

These types of crazy things are present in nearly every Islamic country. The wide presence of Islamic fanaticism in the middle east has led to Islamic countries adopting fascist, totalitarian regimes in order to push forward radical Islam properly. You will see the government resort to all sorts of utterly stupid acts of totalitarianism because of radical Islam.
UtherPenguin
Posts: 3,683
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2016 3:48:50 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/25/2016 11:42:59 PM, YYW wrote:
This pathetic, stupid country, with a pathetic, stupid government, with pathetic, stupid laws, ruled by pathetic, stupid people must be forced to become civilized.

White Man's Burden, we meet again.
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2016 3:53:33 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/26/2016 3:48:50 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
At 6/25/2016 11:42:59 PM, YYW wrote:
This pathetic, stupid country, with a pathetic, stupid government, with pathetic, stupid laws, ruled by pathetic, stupid people must be forced to become civilized.

White Man's Burden, we meet again.

You want to round up my aging pointer and kill her, I know it.
Blade-of-Truth
Posts: 5,036
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2016 4:07:41 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/26/2016 1:57:18 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 6/26/2016 12:39:01 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 6/25/2016 11:42:59 PM, YYW wrote:
Idiots! Vile, disgusting idiots! Religious nutter idiots!

This is so stupid when I first read it, I thought it was an Onion article, but NO! THIS IS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW!

In Iran, if you own a dog, the government will come and take your dog away.

http://www.samaa.tv...

Dog owners in Central Iran were informed that the religious police kidnapped their dogs under the pretext of vaccination, but in reality, the dogs have been taken and will never be returned.

Iran's disgusting, barbaric government claims that dog ownership promotes "vulgar Western culture" and that people who keep dogs will be "dealt with firmly."

That's absurd! The practice of keeping animals as pets predates America and "western culture" itself. Unbelievable.

Honestly, I don't think this is that bad. An aversion to dogs has long been a cultural taboo in the Muslims world, similar to how in the West rats are seen as unclean, while the Chinese revere them to a degree and keep them as pets. Dogs aren't special. They aren't particularly bright animals. We just have a cultural obsession with them. Indians have a cultural obsession with cows, we eat them. We have a cultural obsession with dophins and dogs, and the Japanese eat them. This is the cultural equivalent of screaming that MY FAVORITE ANIMAL IS OBJECTIVELY THE BEST ANIMAL!

You're absolutely correct to point out my cultural bias, I should have checked myself better. Still though, at what point does robbing people of their pet become a justifiable act due to religion or culture? In this article they are doing so because it conflicts with their own culture, but to what extent does it conflict, and to what degree does that conflict impact those around them so much that they must take the animal away? It just seems a little extreme.

They still keep pets, Muslims just have a weird cultural hangup about dogs in specific.

Yeah, I was just flustered by the reasoning presented in the article and found it to be a little extreme.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
YYW
Posts: 36,375
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2016 4:12:45 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/26/2016 3:48:50 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
At 6/25/2016 11:42:59 PM, YYW wrote:
This pathetic, stupid country, with a pathetic, stupid government, with pathetic, stupid laws, ruled by pathetic, stupid people must be forced to become civilized.

White Man's Burden, we meet again.

Nigger nigger fried chicken dinner?
Tsar of DDO
UtherPenguin
Posts: 3,683
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2016 4:46:25 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/26/2016 4:12:45 AM, YYW wrote:
At 6/26/2016 3:48:50 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
At 6/25/2016 11:42:59 PM, YYW wrote:
This pathetic, stupid country, with a pathetic, stupid government, with pathetic, stupid laws, ruled by pathetic, stupid people must be forced to become civilized.

White Man's Burden, we meet again.

Nigger nigger fried chicken dinner?

Did you just bypass the swear filter?

Hax! I call hax!
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
triangle.128k
Posts: 3,660
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2016 4:49:34 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/26/2016 4:46:25 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
At 6/26/2016 4:12:45 AM, YYW wrote:
At 6/26/2016 3:48:50 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
At 6/25/2016 11:42:59 PM, YYW wrote:
This pathetic, stupid country, with a pathetic, stupid government, with pathetic, stupid laws, ruled by pathetic, stupid people must be forced to become civilized.

White Man's Burden, we meet again.

Nigger nigger fried chicken dinner?

Did you just bypass the swear filter?

Hax! I call hax!

nigger

I bypassed it too
UtherPenguin
Posts: 3,683
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2016 4:50:25 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/26/2016 4:49:34 AM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 6/26/2016 4:46:25 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
At 6/26/2016 4:12:45 AM, YYW wrote:
At 6/26/2016 3:48:50 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
At 6/25/2016 11:42:59 PM, YYW wrote:
This pathetic, stupid country, with a pathetic, stupid government, with pathetic, stupid laws, ruled by pathetic, stupid people must be forced to become civilized.

White Man's Burden, we meet again.

Nigger nigger fried chicken dinner?

Did you just bypass the swear filter?

Hax! I call hax!

nigger

I bypassed it too

https://media.giphy.com...
"Praise Allah."
~YYW