England to leave the EU.

Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2016 10:03:52 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/26/2016 9:07:18 PM, ILoveSitarMusic wrote:
Is this a good idea? I think it is. All of this globalist policy violates national sovernty.

Not only did UK see its pound devalued, it lost its PM David Cameron and will soon be not only poorer but smaller as well when Scotland leaves tbe UK to remain in the EU.
England was already struggling with polish and Rumanian migrant workers more qualified than them taking their jobs. Syrian refugees was an even greater threat to their already stretched welfare system. BREXIT was tbe last stand to defend what's left of it.
Lynx_N
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2016 10:10:00 PM
Personally I think the whole World should unite as a whole, under one government, that would be really beautiful.
No nations, no individual armies, no borders, no customs, just one people of planet Earth.

Btw, this is a very dangerous suggestion, better not spread it beyond this forum, might get you in trouble if you did.
Bronto?
Congrats.

poet
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2016 10:22:37 PM
The world can still function is Russia gets Europe. China gets Asia and the US like England shut their borders and mind their own business.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2016 10:29:48 PM
At 6/26/2016 10:03:52 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Is this a good idea? I think it is. All of this globalist policy violates national sovernty.

Not only did UK see its pound devalued, it lost its PM David Cameron and will soon be not only poorer but smaller as well when Scotland leaves tbe UK to remain in the EU.
England was already struggling with polish and Rumanian migrant workers more qualified than them taking their jobs. Syrian refugees was an even greater threat to their already stretched welfare system. BREXIT was tbe last stand to defend what's left of it.

The wild behaviour of the stock market basically just happened because investors have been made to believe that the British economy would be destroyed by a Brexit. Basically it's a short-term panic with few long-term implications. Wait about 10 months and look at the state of the British economy then before coming to a conclusion about the effects of the Brexit.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
ILoveSitarMusic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 12:10:06 AM
At 6/26/2016 10:10:00 PM, Lynx_N wrote:
Personally I think the whole World should unite as a whole, under one government, that would be really beautiful.
No nations, no individual armies, no borders, no customs, just one people of planet Earth.

Btw, this is a very dangerous suggestion, better not spread it beyond this forum, might get you in trouble if you did.

You have no right to threaten me.
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 1:14:57 AM

Yeah, I agree with Brexit.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 1:18:08 AM
At 6/26/2016 10:29:48 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

The wild behaviour of the stock market basically just happened because investors have been made to believe that the British economy would be destroyed by a Brexit. Basically it's a short-term panic with few long-term implications. Wait about 10 months and look at the state of the British economy then before coming to a conclusion about the effects of the Brexit.
The stock market is the first indicator of a countries economic health. It is where smart people invest their money.
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 7:44:14 AM

How many Syrian refugees has Britain taken in?
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 1:31:30 PM
At 6/27/2016 7:44:14 AM, desmac wrote:

How many Syrian refugees has Britain taken in?

It is just a threat right now and Britons are worried how it will hurt their welfare system accodomating the Syrian refugees. Read the post you retard.
foxxhajti
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 2:38:44 PM

Hello there. I think the Brexit is a bad idea.
The UK was very influential in the EU, holding the third most seats in the European parliament, therefore having a lot of say on what happens to it. The UK won't gain full sovereignty at all and I'll explain why further on.
Don't think about it as some kind of globalist policy. Think about what would benefit the country the most.

The UK used to give an immense amount of money to the EU.
"In 2015 the UK government paid 13 billion to the EU budget, and EU spending on the UK was 4.5 billion. So the UK"s "net contribution" was estimated at about 8.5 billion. Each year the UK gets an instant discount on its contributions to the EU"the "rebate""worth almost 5 billion last year."
But the EU also used to fund areas like Cornwall and Wales, basically poorer areas. Apart from that, it also used to fund around 15% of the cash going towards Universities and the research sector.
There is no confirmation these areas will be funded anymore by the government. There is no confirmation the money that used to be used to the EU's membership fees will be used on these specific areas, or stuff like the Nhs.
Apart from that, the UK got most of its money's worth through its accessibility to the single market. Mostly due to the fact that the EU buys over 50 per cent of UK exports (54 per cent of goods, 40 per cent of services). Over 300,000 British companies and 74 per cent of British exporters operate in other EU markets.

Having said all that about the economy, let me start rambling about the sovereignty part.
In the EU, the UK has to abide by the EU"s Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) and Common Fisheries Policies (CFP) covering animal husbandry, and all that stuff. The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) estimates that European agricultural policies cost EU consumers approximately "16 billion in subsidies and tariffs. Since the UK left, quite a few British farmers will be losing their EU subsidies and if they want to trade in the continent itself, they still have to abide to those laws, whatever trade agreement they make.
Regarding the justice aspect of the law. The Treaty of Lisbon allowed the ECJ the possibility to rule on about 135 measures in the field of criminal justice. The UK opted-in 35, including Europol, Eurojust and the controversial European Arrest Warrant (EUWA), which allows British citizens to be surrendered to other EU States for trial for a number of offences. The EU arrest warrant, barely affects any citizens whatsoever (42,000). Since the UK left, there has to be some renegotiation about this.
Withdrawing from the European convention of human rights, is likely to have a significant negative impact on the UK standing in Europe, the United Nations and the county"s moral authority around the world.
Now regarding illegal immigration. The UK will be able to control its borders, more freely, yes. Switzerland is not part of the union, but is forced to accept unlimited EU migration in order to have any access to the single market, and has been locked in an intractable fight with Brussels in a bid to put a cap on the inflow. Norway isn"t part of the EU, but has a higher rate of migration than Britain since it is in the Schengen area. So again, more negotiation needs to be done.
The UK now will be able to trade freely, and would be able to negotiate some free trade agreements. BUT truly, if it wants to retain access to the single market, it will still have to adopt to a bunch of their regulations. It can also become a European Free Trade Association (EFTA) member, like Norway, but Norway's access is to some 93 per cent of the costliest EU regulations. Something like the Swiss free-trade arrangement might give the UK a bit more autonomy, but it would deny the UK any financial services. Apart from that, about a third of Swiss laws, enacted from the 90s till 2010, were from the EU law itself.
"It's interesting to observe that almost all truly worthy men have simple manners, and that simple manners are almost always taken as a sign of little worth" - Giacomo Leopardi

"It is more honorable to be raised to a throne than to be born to one. Fortune bestows the one, merit obtains the other." - Francesco Petrarca

"You too must not count too much on your reality as you feel it today, since like yesterday, it may prove an illusion for you tomorrow." - Luigi Pirandello
Kreakin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 2:48:54 PM
The point is, you are too late with this. The votes past and we are leaving. It doesn't matter any more, we need to look to the future.