Total Posts:20|Showing Posts:1-20
Jump to topic:

Liberals have become new Native Americans

brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 10:21:42 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
Sure. Let them all in. They won't try to take it from us...
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
BrendanD19
Posts: 2,046
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 11:19:05 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/27/2016 10:21:42 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
Sure. Let them all in. They won't try to take it from us...

What?
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 11:21:42 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
You mean savages/inferiors?
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 11:26:25 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/27/2016 11:19:05 PM, BrendanD19 wrote:
At 6/27/2016 10:21:42 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
Sure. Let them all in. They won't try to take it from us...

What?

Multiculturism doesn't give you a nice blend of cultures. Once they get numbers and power they push you out. Ask the 5 civilized tribes.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 11:29:07 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
Those of us of Native American culture know what happens when you try to assimilate the minority into your land. This:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org...
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 11:33:34 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/27/2016 11:29:07 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
Those of us of Native American culture know what happens when you try to assimilate the minority into your land. This:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org...

I hate to break it to ya buddy, but whites are one of the smallest global minorities.
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2016 11:35:43 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/27/2016 11:33:34 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 6/27/2016 11:29:07 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
Those of us of Native American culture know what happens when you try to assimilate the minority into your land. This:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org...

I hate to break it to ya buddy, but whites are one of the smallest global minorities.

It looks like you are trying to prove my point. They won't be anything for long. They keep bringing in groups that breed like rabbits and are becoming soon to be minorities in their own lands.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
BrendanD19
Posts: 2,046
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2016 12:18:40 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/27/2016 11:29:07 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
Those of us of Native American culture know what happens when you try to assimilate the minority into your land. This:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org...

Native Americans didn't try to integrate us, they didn't want us here. Sadly we didn't want them here either and we decided to commit massive acts of genocide.
triangle.128k
Posts: 3,641
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2016 1:03:00 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/28/2016 12:18:40 AM, BrendanD19 wrote:
At 6/27/2016 11:29:07 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
Those of us of Native American culture know what happens when you try to assimilate the minority into your land. This:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org...

Native Americans didn't try to integrate us, they didn't want us here. Sadly we didn't want them here either and we decided to commit massive acts of genocide.

At least we didn't culturally assimilate to dance around fires and chase buffaloes.
BrendanD19
Posts: 2,046
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2016 1:19:47 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/28/2016 1:03:00 AM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 6/28/2016 12:18:40 AM, BrendanD19 wrote:
At 6/27/2016 11:29:07 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
Those of us of Native American culture know what happens when you try to assimilate the minority into your land. This:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org...

Native Americans didn't try to integrate us, they didn't want us here. Sadly we didn't want them here either and we decided to commit massive acts of genocide.

At least we didn't culturally assimilate to dance around fires and chase buffaloes.

To quotes CinemaSins: That's Racist
triangle.128k
Posts: 3,641
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2016 1:30:45 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/28/2016 1:19:47 AM, BrendanD19 wrote:
At 6/28/2016 1:03:00 AM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 6/28/2016 12:18:40 AM, BrendanD19 wrote:
At 6/27/2016 11:29:07 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
Those of us of Native American culture know what happens when you try to assimilate the minority into your land. This:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org...

Native Americans didn't try to integrate us, they didn't want us here. Sadly we didn't want them here either and we decided to commit massive acts of genocide.

At least we didn't culturally assimilate to dance around fires and chase buffaloes.

To quotes CinemaSins: That's Racist

I never said Native Americans are genetically inferior, I'm just pointing out that they were lacking in technological advancement. Hence, having the White settlers assimilate with their culture wouldn't be a good idea. If they did, the USA wouldn't be where it's at today.
BrendanD19
Posts: 2,046
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2016 1:32:49 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/28/2016 1:30:45 AM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 6/28/2016 1:19:47 AM, BrendanD19 wrote:
At 6/28/2016 1:03:00 AM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 6/28/2016 12:18:40 AM, BrendanD19 wrote:
At 6/27/2016 11:29:07 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
Those of us of Native American culture know what happens when you try to assimilate the minority into your land. This:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org...

Native Americans didn't try to integrate us, they didn't want us here. Sadly we didn't want them here either and we decided to commit massive acts of genocide.

At least we didn't culturally assimilate to dance around fires and chase buffaloes.

To quotes CinemaSins: That's Racist

I never said Native Americans are genetically inferior, I'm just pointing out that they were lacking in technological advancement. Hence, having the White settlers assimilate with their culture wouldn't be a good idea. If they did, the USA wouldn't be where it's at today.

It is culturally racist, but regardless I really don't want to argue semantics.
triangle.128k
Posts: 3,641
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2016 1:47:08 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/28/2016 1:32:49 AM, BrendanD19 wrote:
At 6/28/2016 1:30:45 AM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 6/28/2016 1:19:47 AM, BrendanD19 wrote:
At 6/28/2016 1:03:00 AM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 6/28/2016 12:18:40 AM, BrendanD19 wrote:
At 6/27/2016 11:29:07 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
Those of us of Native American culture know what happens when you try to assimilate the minority into your land. This:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org...

Native Americans didn't try to integrate us, they didn't want us here. Sadly we didn't want them here either and we decided to commit massive acts of genocide.

At least we didn't culturally assimilate to dance around fires and chase buffaloes.

To quotes CinemaSins: That's Racist

I never said Native Americans are genetically inferior, I'm just pointing out that they were lacking in technological advancement. Hence, having the White settlers assimilate with their culture wouldn't be a good idea. If they did, the USA wouldn't be where it's at today.

It is culturally racist, but regardless I really don't want to argue semantics.

If denouncing certain cultures is racist, then I do not see an issue with being a "cultural racist." Do you not believe that the Aztec culture was backwards and barbaric?
Diqiucun_Cunmin
Posts: 2,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2016 7:33:50 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/28/2016 1:47:08 AM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 6/28/2016 1:32:49 AM, BrendanD19 wrote:
At 6/28/2016 1:30:45 AM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 6/28/2016 1:19:47 AM, BrendanD19 wrote:
At 6/28/2016 1:03:00 AM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 6/28/2016 12:18:40 AM, BrendanD19 wrote:
At 6/27/2016 11:29:07 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
Those of us of Native American culture know what happens when you try to assimilate the minority into your land. This:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org...

Native Americans didn't try to integrate us, they didn't want us here. Sadly we didn't want them here either and we decided to commit massive acts of genocide.

At least we didn't culturally assimilate to dance around fires and chase buffaloes.

To quotes CinemaSins: That's Racist

I never said Native Americans are genetically inferior, I'm just pointing out that they were lacking in technological advancement. Hence, having the White settlers assimilate with their culture wouldn't be a good idea. If they did, the USA wouldn't be where it's at today.

It is culturally racist, but regardless I really don't want to argue semantics.

If denouncing certain cultures is racist, then I do not see an issue with being a "cultural racist." Do you not believe that the Aztec culture was backwards and barbaric?

Assuming that this statement was made with regards to the practice human sacrifices in the Aztec culture, then yes, they were backward and barbaric in this regard. However, your original statement was, frankly, condescending towards aspects of native culture that were simply different from the West.

Different peoples allow different aspects of human culture greater development, according to their needs. Hunter-gatherer societies are undeveloped in terms of material welfare because they never saw the need to pursue them further. Agriculture, as it were, did not arise out of an intellectual pursuit, but out of dire need: The climatic conditions were no longer suitable for hunting and gathering, and our ancestors had to adapt. In Eurasia, it spread like wildfire because practising agriculture in one area will soon render neighbouring areas unsuitable for hunting-gathering as well. This is the reason why Eurasia is relatively well-developed in production technologies. In the Americas, agriculture did not gain much traction, and thus was only limited to small areas, with the majority of tribes continuing to hunt and gather.

Hunter-gatherer societies are less productive, but their simpler methods of production (which, of course, involves chasing bulls) also leaves them ample time for cultural and intellectual pursuits. What you call 'dancing around fires' is a complex system of songs and dances that express their worldview, their history, etc. Their songs and dances are serious works of art that would put Justin Bieber or even the songs we sing around campfires to shame. :)
The thing is, I hate relativism. I hate relativism more than I hate everything else, excepting, maybe, fibreglass powerboats... What it overlooks, to put it briefly and crudely, is the fixed structure of human nature. - Jerry Fodor

Don't be a stat cynic:
http://www.debate.org...

Response to conservative views on deforestation:
http://www.debate.org...

Topics I'd like to debate (not debating ATM): http://tinyurl.com...
MakeSensePeopleDont
Posts: 1,104
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2016 12:56:21 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/27/2016 11:29:07 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
Those of us of Native American culture know what happens when you try to assimilate the minority into your land. This:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org...

You do know that the Powhatan Indians started rolling that ball down the hill toward you guys right? Jamestown settlers, 1607; sent to construct and man the first permanent European colony in America. The Indians launched their first attacks before the settler's boats even touched shore. From that point, it was a crap shoot if they would attack or not when they would stop by
Harikrish
Posts: 11,005
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2016 1:50:50 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/27/2016 10:21:42 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
Sure. Let them all in. They won't try to take it from us...

Sex has become so recreational in America that Americans are depending on immigrants to help maintain the population growth necessary for future generations.
desmac
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2016 2:07:08 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/28/2016 1:50:50 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 6/27/2016 10:21:42 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
Sure. Let them all in. They won't try to take it from us...

Sex has become so recreational in America that Americans are depending on immigrants to help maintain the population growth necessary for future generations.

Citations?
Harikrish
Posts: 11,005
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2016 2:30:18 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/28/2016 2:07:08 PM, desmac wrote:
At 6/28/2016 1:50:50 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 6/27/2016 10:21:42 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
Sure. Let them all in. They won't try to take it from us...

Sex has become so recreational in America that Americans are depending on immigrants to help maintain the population growth necessary for future generations.

Citations?

When are you going to try doing your own research? We are not here to educate retards like you who cannot even learn to use a search engine.

"A problem with legalized pornography is that if you allow pornography to become too widely consumed, its degraded vision of women will eat away at the capacity of men to fall in love with members of the opposite sex. This reduced capacity for romantic love will make the men of a society less interested in the joys and challenges of stable pair bond based reproduction. Pornography encourages recreational sex rather than marriage and children."
http://www.theoccidentalobserver.net...
desmac
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2016 4:18:47 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/28/2016 2:30:18 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 6/28/2016 2:07:08 PM, desmac wrote:
At 6/28/2016 1:50:50 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 6/27/2016 10:21:42 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
Sure. Let them all in. They won't try to take it from us...

Sex has become so recreational in America that Americans are depending on immigrants to help maintain the population growth necessary for future generations.

Citations?

When are you going to try doing your own research? We are not here to educate retards like you who cannot even learn to use a search engine.

"A problem with legalized pornography is that if you allow pornography to become too widely consumed, its degraded vision of women will eat away at the capacity of men to fall in love with members of the opposite sex. This reduced capacity for romantic love will make the men of a society less interested in the joys and challenges of stable pair bond based reproduction. Pornography encourages recreational sex rather than marriage and children."
http://www.theoccidentalobserver.net...

You are the one making claims, so the burden of proof falls on you, and you have yet to provide any.

Nothing at all regarding the recreational sex mentioned in your post, and an article from a blogspot on pornography written by some bloke playing with numbers derived from that doyen of scientific truth Wikipedia.
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 4:16:04 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/28/2016 7:33:50 AM, Diqiucun_Cunmin wrote:
At 6/28/2016 1:47:08 AM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 6/28/2016 1:32:49 AM, BrendanD19 wrote:
At 6/28/2016 1:30:45 AM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 6/28/2016 1:19:47 AM, BrendanD19 wrote:
At 6/28/2016 1:03:00 AM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 6/28/2016 12:18:40 AM, BrendanD19 wrote:
At 6/27/2016 11:29:07 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
Those of us of Native American culture know what happens when you try to assimilate the minority into your land. This:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org...

Native Americans didn't try to integrate us, they didn't want us here. Sadly we didn't want them here either and we decided to commit massive acts of genocide.

At least we didn't culturally assimilate to dance around fires and chase buffaloes.

To quotes CinemaSins: That's Racist

I never said Native Americans are genetically inferior, I'm just pointing out that they were lacking in technological advancement. Hence, having the White settlers assimilate with their culture wouldn't be a good idea. If they did, the USA wouldn't be where it's at today.

It is culturally racist, but regardless I really don't want to argue semantics.

If denouncing certain cultures is racist, then I do not see an issue with being a "cultural racist." Do you not believe that the Aztec culture was backwards and barbaric?

Assuming that this statement was made with regards to the practice human sacrifices in the Aztec culture, then yes, they were backward and barbaric in this regard. However, your original statement was, frankly, condescending towards aspects of native culture that were simply different from the West.

Different peoples allow different aspects of human culture greater development, according to their needs. Hunter-gatherer societies are undeveloped in terms of material welfare because they never saw the need to pursue them further. Agriculture, as it were, did not arise out of an intellectual pursuit, but out of dire need: The climatic conditions were no longer suitable for hunting and gathering, and our ancestors had to adapt. In Eurasia, it spread like wildfire because practising agriculture in one area will soon render neighbouring areas unsuitable for hunting-gathering as well. This is the reason why Eurasia is relatively well-developed in production technologies. In the Americas, agriculture did not gain much traction, and thus was only limited to small areas, with the majority of tribes continuing to hunt and gather.

Hunter-gatherer societies are less productive, but their simpler methods of production (which, of course, involves chasing bulls) also leaves them ample time for cultural and intellectual pursuits. What you call 'dancing around fires' is a complex system of songs and dances that express their worldview, their history, etc. Their songs and dances are serious works of art that would put Justin Bieber or even the songs we sing around campfires to shame. :)

That'd be Eurabia
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...