Total Posts:109|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Sarah Palin is stupid

LaissezFaire
Posts: 2,050
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2010 1:42:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
What difference does it make how stupid or smart a candidate is? Richard Nixon and Jimmy Carter both had very high IQs, but were both terrible presidents. Attacking a politician for being stupid is a terrible argument; you should attack them for the quality of their positions and policies.
Should we subsidize education?
http://www.debate.org...

http://mises.org...

http://lewrockwell.com...

http://antiwar.com...

: At 6/22/2011 6:57:23 PM, el-badgero wrote:
: i didn't like [Obama]. he was the only black dude in moneygall yet he claimed to be home. obvious liar is obvious liar. i bet him and bin laden are bumfvcking right now.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2010 1:44:35 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/18/2010 1:42:14 PM, LaissezFaire wrote:
What difference does it make how stupid or smart a candidate is? Richard Nixon and Jimmy Carter both had very high IQs,
That has nothing to do with his knowledge. As high as Sarah Palin's IQ can be, her knowledge of certain very important things is low.
gavin.ogden
Posts: 1,729
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2010 1:47:22 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/18/2010 1:42:14 PM, LaissezFaire wrote:
What difference does it make how stupid or smart a candidate is? Richard Nixon and Jimmy Carter both had very high IQs, but were both terrible presidents. Attacking a politician for being stupid is a terrible argument; you should attack them for the quality of their positions and policies.

She does not understand policies, and her positions are humorous, at best. This is because she is stupid. Moreover, there are many Americans who actually support her. It is no wonder we are the laughing stock of the entire world!

For example...
gavin.ogden
Posts: 1,729
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2010 1:48:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/18/2010 1:44:35 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 12/18/2010 1:42:14 PM, LaissezFaire wrote:
What difference does it make how stupid or smart a candidate is? Richard Nixon and Jimmy Carter both had very high IQs,
That has nothing to do with his knowledge. As high as Sarah Palin's IQ can be, her knowledge of certain very important things is low.

Her IQ is very low, as well.
gavin.ogden
Posts: 1,729
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2010 1:55:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/18/2010 1:51:31 PM, wamba wrote:
conservative, wouldn't even consider voting for her.

And as for the people who would? What can we infer about anyone who would even consider voting for this woman?
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2010 2:23:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I don't get the Alaska-Russia next door neighbor thing, I mean shes correct right? You can see Russian land from Alaskan land. Its not like she said "I can see Russia from my house"
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2010 2:23:21 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
But it is not incredibly hard to defend her, actually. Let us take it point by point, comparatively:

1. Role of the Vice President - The formulated herself poorly
2. Russia neighbor - Poor formulation.
1a. Obama formulated his language poorly many a times
1b. Obama made mistakes about the number of states
3. See: Youtube, watch?v=of61E1FesPU

I can go on. I think that her persona and other things about her make her incapable of being a good president of the US, but judging her by some mistakes is not the best thing to do. Obama made many.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2010 2:24:34 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/18/2010 2:23:03 PM, lewis20 wrote:
I don't get the Alaska-Russia next door neighbor thing, I mean shes correct right? You can see Russian land from Alaskan land. Its not like she said "I can see Russia from my house"
Yes, she probably formulated herself poorly. She could have meant that we can see Russia from US soil, meaning that we are closer to them than most people realize, not only diplomatically, but also geographically; Russia is not on an alien location. That could be sufficient.
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2010 2:30:07 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
And I couldn't agree more, give me a Palin slip up and I'll give you an Obama slip up of greater magnitude and importance.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
mongoose
Posts: 3,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2010 2:35:56 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/18/2010 2:24:34 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 12/18/2010 2:23:03 PM, lewis20 wrote:
I don't get the Alaska-Russia next door neighbor thing, I mean shes correct right? You can see Russian land from Alaskan land. Its not like she said "I can see Russia from my house"
Yes, she probably formulated herself poorly. She could have meant that we can see Russia from US soil, meaning that we are closer to them than most people realize, not only diplomatically, but also geographically; Russia is not on an alien location. That could be sufficient.

http://abcnews.go.com...

PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska.

I think that is essentially what she said.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2010 2:39:46 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/18/2010 2:35:56 PM, mongoose wrote:
http://abcnews.go.com...

PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska.

I think that is essentially what she said.
I didn't say the contrary. I said that she formulated herself poorly. Everyone does that once in a while, especially when under great pressure. I gave an example of what she could have meant by that, or what she would have said had she formulated herself properly.

I want to clarify that I am not defending her role as a candidate, but poor attacks are not justifiable.
gavin.ogden
Posts: 1,729
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2010 3:07:08 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/18/2010 2:23:03 PM, lewis20 wrote:
I don't get the Alaska-Russia next door neighbor thing, I mean shes correct right? You can see Russian land from Alaskan land. Its not like she said "I can see Russia from my house"

Are you serious? You were joking right?
LaissezFaire
Posts: 2,050
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2010 3:10:51 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
It looks like it is possible for smart people to think Sarah Palin would be a good president.

http://www.debate.org...
Should we subsidize education?
http://www.debate.org...

http://mises.org...

http://lewrockwell.com...

http://antiwar.com...

: At 6/22/2011 6:57:23 PM, el-badgero wrote:
: i didn't like [Obama]. he was the only black dude in moneygall yet he claimed to be home. obvious liar is obvious liar. i bet him and bin laden are bumfvcking right now.
gavin.ogden
Posts: 1,729
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2010 3:13:19 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/18/2010 2:39:46 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 12/18/2010 2:35:56 PM, mongoose wrote:
http://abcnews.go.com...

PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska.

I think that is essentially what she said.
I didn't say the contrary. I said that she formulated herself poorly. Everyone does that once in a while, especially when under great pressure. I gave an example of what she could have meant by that, or what she would have said had she formulated herself properly.

I want to clarify that I am not defending her role as a candidate, but poor attacks are not justifiable.

She is unintelligable, at times. She says things that make absolutely no sense. That is not a slip up. It is downright stupid. I also agree on Obama. He has said and done some stupid things, but at least I could understand what he was saying. How can people support someone that speaks her own language?
gavin.ogden
Posts: 1,729
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2010 3:14:56 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/18/2010 3:10:51 PM, LaissezFaire wrote:
It looks like it is possible for smart people to think Sarah Palin would be a good president.

http://www.debate.org...

Astonished...
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2010 3:15:31 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/18/2010 3:07:08 PM, gavin.ogden wrote:
At 12/18/2010 2:23:03 PM, lewis20 wrote:
I don't get the Alaska-Russia next door neighbor thing, I mean shes correct right? You can see Russian land from Alaskan land. Its not like she said "I can see Russia from my house"

Are you serious? You were joking right?

? nah whats there to joke about? It is possible to see Russia from Alaska.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2010 3:24:12 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I'm guessing he would be fine with her being president.... Just a guess though: http://www.debate.org...
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
LaissezFaire
Posts: 2,050
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2010 3:26:07 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/18/2010 3:24:12 PM, annhasle wrote:
I'm guessing he would be fine with her being president.... Just a guess though: http://www.debate.org...

I think that guy's actually a liberal, trolling as a stereotypical conservative tea-partier.
Should we subsidize education?
http://www.debate.org...

http://mises.org...

http://lewrockwell.com...

http://antiwar.com...

: At 6/22/2011 6:57:23 PM, el-badgero wrote:
: i didn't like [Obama]. he was the only black dude in moneygall yet he claimed to be home. obvious liar is obvious liar. i bet him and bin laden are bumfvcking right now.
gavin.ogden
Posts: 1,729
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2010 3:36:23 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/18/2010 3:26:07 PM, LaissezFaire wrote:
At 12/18/2010 3:24:12 PM, annhasle wrote:
I'm guessing he would be fine with her being president.... Just a guess though: http://www.debate.org...

I think that guy's actually a liberal, trolling as a stereotypical conservative tea-partier.

One can only hope.
J.Kenyon
Posts: 4,194
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2010 3:39:19 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/18/2010 2:23:21 PM, Mirza wrote:
But it is not incredibly hard to defend her, actually. Let us take it point by point, comparatively:

1. Role of the Vice President - The formulated herself poorly
2. Russia neighbor - Poor formulation.
1a. Obama formulated his language poorly many a times
1b. Obama made mistakes about the number of states
3. See: Youtube, watch?v=of61E1FesPU

I can go on. I think the fact that she's a woman makes her incapable of being a good president of the US, but judging her by some mistakes is not the best thing to do. Obama made many.

Wow, Mirza, that's pretty sexist. That being said, I wouldn't vote for her either.
Tidin
Posts: 63
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2010 3:48:58 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I don't care for her ideology... Recently she said something along the lines of, we should hunt down Julian just like we do Osama Bin Laden. The rebuttal to that was ... " good he should be safe for at least a decade".

I don't blame her for her stupidity, she was taught in American schools.
TheAtheistAllegiance
Posts: 1,251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2010 5:32:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/18/2010 3:10:51 PM, LaissezFaire wrote:
It looks like it is possible for smart people to think Sarah Palin would be a good president.

http://www.debate.org...

Roy may be intelligent and a great debater, but he's very unreasonable at times, which reflects his position on Palin.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2010 9:38:10 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
People liked her because they didn't see her as a politician, but as a person. Every time one of her stupid comments was pointed out, people rationalized that it was not that she was stupid, but that she didn't have the silk tongue of other politicians, so innocent things came out sounding wrong.

The more she stays in politics, the more people will realize that she is just another politician (only less bright). That is why she seems so popular, yet can't get the win for the tea-party senator for alaska, would get her butt kicked by Obama in 2012 by double digits if the race was today, and has to do TV shows to maintain popularity and interest, because her political understanding is just too bad to keep people interest.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
RoyLatham
Posts: 4,488
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2010 9:52:02 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Sarah Palin is not stupid. I don't favor her as a presidential candidate because she has not shown enough depth of policy issues. However, Obama won with no administrative experience and no expertise in business, the military, or economics. He was a brilliant campaigner. He showed no depth whatsoever, in fact he won by avoiding specifics. Palin compares favorably.

Calling people crazy or stupid is a way to claim your own personal superiority without debating the issues.
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2010 11:31:38 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/21/2010 9:52:02 PM, RoyLatham wrote:
Sarah Palin is not stupid. I don't favor her as a presidential candidate because she has not shown enough depth of policy issues. However, Obama won with no administrative experience and no expertise in business, the military, or economics. He was a brilliant campaigner. He showed no depth whatsoever, in fact he won by avoiding specifics. Palin compares favorably.

Calling people crazy or stupid is a way to claim your own personal superiority without debating the issues.

Barack Obama graduated from Harvard Law School with magna cum laude.
It took Sarah Palin 6 years, with 6 mediocre colleges to get a bachelor's in communication.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2010 3:01:02 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/21/2010 11:31:51 PM, Caramel wrote:
Palin an Dubya should procreate and begin to re-populate homo erectus...

Wheres homo erectus?
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler