Total Posts:3|Showing Posts:1-3
Jump to topic:

Why did Boris Johnson drop out of the race?

OxfordUni
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2016 9:45:11 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
Why did Boris Johnson drop out of the race to become next prime minister? His actions are somewhat illogical, first he spends the last 2 to 3 months of his life campaigning, debating, not to mention getting a constant grilling from his opponents, secondly he wins the campaign I gains strong support from the conservative party to become next PM. Even if Michael Gove did stab him at the back, he was still the lead favourite to win, I believe that there is more than meets the eye on why he chose to step out.

Please feel free to share your opinions
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2016 10:33:24 PM
I agree. I would say that all likelihood, Johnson came to the same conclusion that Gove did--that he simply wasn't suitable for the job. If he'd had truly wanted to become leader, he'd be campaigning now.
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'
BrendanD19
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2016 12:46:07 AM
At 7/3/2016 9:45:11 PM, OxfordUni wrote:
Why did Boris Johnson drop out of the race to become next prime minister? His actions are somewhat illogical, first he spends the last 2 to 3 months of his life campaigning, debating, not to mention getting a constant grilling from his opponents, secondly he wins the campaign I gains strong support from the conservative party to become next PM. Even if Michael Gove did stab him at the back, he was still the lead favourite to win, I believe that there is more than meets the eye on why he chose to step out.

Please feel free to share your opinions

Gove was going to split the vote and hand it to Teresa may, he figured that it would be better to have a simple race rather than a crowded field. Unlike Labour and the Greens the Tories use first past the post to elect their leader.