Jump to topic:

Could a new drug be what is needed?

xus00HAY
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2016 8:38:27 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
It's like Huey Lewis said " I want a new drug".
They keep trying to ban drugs that people use to get high, but the problems associated with them just keep getting worse.
Oxycontin is produced naturally by a shrub called epipactis helleborine . This plant grows like a weed. I don't know how much is contained in a plant, but breeding a new variety that produces plenty of oxycontin, seems like something do-able.
Perhaps abusers of oxycontin could grow these plants by themselves in their back yard, and then they wouldn't have to buy drugs to get high.
Hiu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2016 9:06:52 AM
At 7/4/2016 8:38:27 AM, xus00HAY wrote:
They keep trying to ban drugs that people use to get high, but the problems associated with them just keep getting worse.
Oxycontin is produced naturally by a shrub called epipactis helleborine . This plant grows like a weed. I don't know how much is contained in a plant, but breeding a new variety that produces plenty of oxycontin, seems like something do-able.
Perhaps abusers of oxycontin could grow these plants by themselves in their back yard, and then they wouldn't have to buy drugs to get high.

Look at what you just said:

"Abusers of oxycontin could grow these plants by themselves in their back yard, and then they wouldn't have to buy drugs to get high."

The advocacy of drug abuse is a rabbit hole that society should not go down....A new drug is not the answer, it merely gives users another newer form of addiction.
someloser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2016 9:52:21 AM
No, there are too many drugs being used far too commonly today. Particularly those prescribed by psychiatrists.

It's an un-Cynical problem. Instead of fixing the root of the situation, semi-effective band-aids with multiple side effects are essentially forced unto people who cannot adapt and remain functional.

Kaczynski's actions were evil, but the man saw things that no-one else did.
Ego sum qui sum. Deus lo vult.

"America is ungovernable; those who served the revolution have plowed the sea." - Simon Bolivar

"A healthy nation is as unconscious of its nationality as a healthy man of his bones. But if you break a nation's nationality it will think of nothing else but getting it set again." - George Bernard Shaw
Chang29
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2016 1:23:03 AM
At 7/4/2016 8:38:27 AM, xus00HAY wrote:

De-criminalization of all drugs is the best answer, let people put what they want in their bodies and let others produce products to fulfil those desires. Far too many people are locked in cages for providing desired products to willing consumers.
A free market anti-capitalist

If it can be de-centralized, it will be de-centralized.
xus00HAY
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2016 11:28:03 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
The Methadone Maintenance program has proved to be a success at lowering the number of addicts in any city where they have one.
The problem is many people believe you can use methadone to get high so they believe it is counter productive to give people a drug that is so similar to drugs we are trying to eliminate with the war on drugs.
Now a new drug that could be produced by the users would have effects similar to methadone , and since it was illegal it can be dealt with traditional methods of attempting to eliminate its supply.