Jump to topic:

FBI Recommendation on Hillary Clinton

Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2016 6:41:18 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
Transcript of video: https://www.fbi.gov...

Today the FBI announced Hillary Clinton violated classified procedures, carelessly and recklessly endangered national security - and had done so repeatedly. The FBI then announced they would recommend no charges.

My own thoughts on the matter? I'm disappointed. Perhaps there are additional levels of protection in her case, perhaps the meeting between Lynch and Clinton was a smashing success, perhaps some people truly are untouchable in our legal system. All I know is what is presented, and that is that she mishandled classified information, as admitted by the FBI director himself, but is having no charges pressed against her by the FBI. Is it over yet? No. But yeah, it is. No-one is left in this process that will charge her, the show has ended and she is free.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2016 7:11:13 PM
At 7/5/2016 6:41:18 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

Today the FBI announced Hillary Clinton violated classified procedures, carelessly and recklessly endangered national security - and had done so repeatedly. The FBI then announced they would recommend no charges.

My own thoughts on the matter? I'm disappointed. Perhaps there are additional levels of protection in her case, perhaps the meeting between Lynch and Clinton was a smashing success, perhaps some people truly are untouchable in our legal system. All I know is what is presented, and that is that she mishandled classified information, as admitted by the FBI director himself, but is having no charges pressed against her by the FBI. Is it over yet? No. But yeah, it is. No-one is left in this process that will charge her, the show has ended and she is free.

HILLARY CLINTON IS THE MOST POWERFUL WOMAN ON EARTH! Can't touch that.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2016 7:49:52 PM
At 7/5/2016 7:11:13 PM, Bennett91 wrote:

Please... There simply wasn't enough there to make any charge.

As I said already, the GOP now has only the conspiratorial inclined part of the base and the highly jaded. They could have made this work for them, but its not going to do them much good now. Its mixed in the the farce that is 8x Benghazi investigations, and the death of Vince Foster.

They blew it AFTER Clinton blew it.
MakeSensePeopleDont
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2016 8:08:51 PM
It's sad...really is. The day after we celebrate our independence from a governing force which treated citizens so much differently than themselves, we find ourselves full circle. Anyone trying to downplay Benghazi or the email scandal just isn't being honest with themselves.

The part I find the worst though, is how so many Americans are celebrating her not being hit with charges, placing their political ideologies before what it means to be an American. As sure as the sun will rise in the east tomorrow, we are going to get a lifetime's worth of equality speeches directly from Hillary. Wouldn't be surprised if she's already talking about equality.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2016 8:39:48 PM

And...those responsible for 9/11 and ISIS are the biggest funders of her campaign. Death to America!
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
MakeSensePeopleDont
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2016 9:51:45 PM

After review of this conference, I have taken away the following, this is a very short list, not comprehensive:

1) Hillary knowingly both sent and received Top Secret Special Access Program documents from her server; these were classified as such at time of transmissions.

2) Hillary had multiple servers, not just one

3) Hillary completely lied to everyone, every step of the way

4) Hillary transferred these documents in software form to her lawyers who do not have security clearance

5) Hillary's lawyers knowingly and willfully destroyed evidence in a manner deemed to be unrecoverable

6) No criminal felony charges suggested for any offense including destruction of evidence by her lawyers.

7) Comey ensured he made it 100% clear that Hillary violated just about every security regulation in the book, placed national security at risk and lied about it every step of the way

8) Comey made it clear that although he could not recommend charges for who knows why, he felt strongly that the DOJ should pursue other charges and penalties including removal of all security clearances.

9) For the first time, Comey appeared visibly shaken while giving a press conference; so much so, he didn't even take a single question, which is way outside of his character.
RookieApologist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2016 9:52:02 PM
At 7/5/2016 8:08:51 PM, MakeSensePeopleDont wrote:
It's sad...really is. The day after we celebrate our independence from a governing force which treated citizens so much differently than themselves, we find ourselves full circle. Anyone trying to downplay Benghazi or the email scandal just isn't being honest with themselves.

The part I find the worst though, is how so many Americans are celebrating her not being hit with charges, placing their political ideologies before what it means to be an American. As sure as the sun will rise in the east tomorrow, we are going to get a lifetime's worth of equality speeches directly from Hillary. Wouldn't be surprised if she's already talking about equality.

THIS.

and Comey just became the sound bite of about 20 future Republican PAC commercials. This could actually end up helping Trump more than people realize. Anyone with a 1/4 of a brain cell can tell this is corruption at its worst. Hell Comey basically said she was irresponsible, negligent, ignorant, and untrustworthy. Sound like someone you want running the country??

Trump is a wild card, and certainly can be an idiot, but I'll take that over outright lies and corruption any day.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2016 9:55:52 PM

My own thoughts on the matter? I'm disappointed. Perhaps there are additional levels of protection in her case, perhaps the meeting between Lynch and Clinton was a smashing success,

Loretta Lynch =/= The FBI. Those are two totally different entities that arent even tied to each other.

perhaps some people truly are untouchable in our legal system. All I know is what is presented, and that is that she mishandled classified information, as admitted by the FBI director himself, but is having no charges pressed against her by the FBI. Is it over yet? No. But yeah, it is. No-one is left in this process that will charge her, the show has ended and she is free.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
MakeSensePeopleDont
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2016 9:58:00 PM
At 7/5/2016 9:52:02 PM, RookieApologist wrote:

THIS.

and Comey just became the sound bite of about 20 future Republican PAC commercials. This could actually end up helping Trump more than people realize. Anyone with a 1/4 of a brain cell can tell this is corruption at its worst. Hell Comey basically said she was irresponsible, negligent, ignorant, and untrustworthy. Sound like someone you want running the country??

Trump is a wild card, and certainly can be an idiot, but I'll take that over outright lies and corruption any day.

Correct, and i agree with you 100% there; however, this situation should not be viewed in any political way, it should only be viewed as a criminal situation. You know...like how the Supreme Court is supposed to be 100% nonpartisan and simply interpret the written word as written. Yet somehow we are neck deep in a battle over who gets to nominate the next justice strictly because even our Supreme Court justices have no sense of responsibility or rule of law.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2016 10:02:00 PM

Anyone trying to downplay Benghazi or the email scandal just isn't being honest with themselves.

Sure we are, because both scandals are just events hyped up by hard-left idiots like you in an attempt to discredit Hillary..... The committees investigating Benghazi have lasted longer than the Committees made to investigate 9/11 itself, which was more deadly than the Benghazi attacks and the email slip-ups by a factor of hundreds......
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

MakeSensePeopleDont
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2016 10:02:09 PM
At 7/5/2016 9:55:52 PM, imabench wrote:

My own thoughts on the matter? I'm disappointed. Perhaps there are additional levels of protection in her case, perhaps the meeting between Lynch and Clinton was a smashing success,

Loretta Lynch =/= The FBI. Those are two totally different entities that arent even tied to each other.

perhaps some people truly are untouchable in our legal system. All I know is what is presented, and that is that she mishandled classified information, as admitted by the FBI director himself, but is having no charges pressed against her by the FBI. Is it over yet? No. But yeah, it is. No-one is left in this process that will charge her, the show has ended and she is free.

They are as separate as the police department and state prosecutor's office -- of course, not counting Marilyn Mosby and the Baltimore PD.
MakeSensePeopleDont
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2016 10:04:21 PM
At 7/5/2016 10:02:00 PM, imabench wrote:

Anyone trying to downplay Benghazi or the email scandal just isn't being honest with themselves.

Sure we are, because both scandals are just events hyped up by hard-left idiots like you in an attempt to discredit Hillary..... The committees investigating Benghazi have lasted longer than the Committees made to investigate 9/11 itself, which was more deadly than the Benghazi attacks and the email slip-ups by a factor of hundreds......

Yyyeahhh...I tend not to take a person seriously when they don't understand what side of the isle their political party is on. Conservatives are Hard-left? Really?
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2016 10:08:01 PM
At 7/5/2016 10:04:21 PM, MakeSensePeopleDont wrote:

Sure we are, because both scandals are just events hyped up by hard-right idiots like you in an attempt to discredit Hillary..... The committees investigating Benghazi have lasted longer than the Committees made to investigate 9/11 itself, which was more deadly than the Benghazi attacks and the email slip-ups by a factor of hundreds......

Yyyeahhh...I tend not to take a person seriously when they don't understand what side of the isle their political party is on. Conservatives are Hard-left? Really?

Hard right then

Way to completely dodge the point by pointing out a small error then stick with an argument though. Typical for you

TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2016 10:22:59 PM
At 7/5/2016 10:08:01 PM, imabench wrote:
At 7/5/2016 10:04:21 PM, MakeSensePeopleDont wrote:

Sure we are, because both scandals are just events hyped up by hard-right idiots like you in an attempt to discredit Hillary..... The committees investigating Benghazi have lasted longer than the Committees made to investigate 9/11 itself, which was more deadly than the Benghazi attacks and the email slip-ups by a factor of hundreds......

Hard right then

Way to completely dodge the point by pointing out a small error then stick with an argument though. Typical for you

See my post above. What the GOP has now is just the conspiracy crazy and the jaded. No new ground gained for them.

They lost this one. Not because she was not charged, but because they are bumbling idiots - Now headed by the biggest idiot seen in American politics.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2016 11:01:00 PM
Lynch also said she would accept the findings/recommendation of the FBI 3 days before their recommendation even came out, primarily because of the uproar between her and Bill Clinton crossing paths a few days earlier..... To paint it as if she is somehow the one behind all of this, let alone had anything to do with this in the first place, is a stretch at best and simply conspiracy at worst http://www.nytimes.com...

Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2016 11:59:23 PM
This just proves Hillary is not qualified to put her finger on the Russian "reset" button.

Or any other button for that matter.
Chang29
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2016 1:50:48 AM
Prosecutions of individuals that removed classified information from secure systems and transferring it to non-secure systems should begin. In the FBI's view, Clinton may be innocent but many around her are guilt of crimes against the state. The social contract as of now, defines those actions as punishable, send those underlings to prison just like Scooter Libby.
A free market anti-capitalist

If it can be de-centralized, it will be de-centralized.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2016 2:27:52 AM

She is guilty, but since she didn't mean to be guilty, she can't be held guilty. So I can burn down a house as long as I claim the I didn't know arson was illegal.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
MakeSensePeopleDont
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2016 5:04:53 AM
At 7/6/2016 2:27:52 AM, brontoraptor wrote:

She is guilty, but since she didn't mean to be guilty, she can't be held guilty. So I can burn down a house as long as I claim the I didn't know arson was illegal.

No, no, no, no. You got it all wrong friend. You can burn down the house...as long as you didn't have the INTENT of burning down the house.

So if you just so happen to find yourself at a gas station, and you coincidentally purchase a number of gas cans, then by pure happenstance require those cans filled and do so. If then you decide to stop in front of a non-specific domicile, you forget it is not your house and take the cans in through the front door, trip and accidentally drop the cans spilling the gas all over the floor, then by complete twist of fate while running to grab some towels, your lighter happens to spark and the handkerchief in your hand from blowing your nose that was doused in gasoline happens to light on fire and you toss into the house out of fear, and then hop in your truck and speed off....

No INTENT...no worries. All those other laws you broke, forgiven as it was not done with INTENT.
Death23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2016 5:05:43 AM

The director's stern criticism of Clinton wasn't consistent with his decision not to recommend charges.
MakeSensePeopleDont
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2016 5:18:49 AM
At 7/6/2016 5:05:43 AM, Death23 wrote:

The director's stern criticism of Clinton wasn't consistent with his decision not to recommend charges.

Well, since they are choosing not to indite Clinton, the FBI must release the findings and evidence of their investigation. I would be willing to bet that the choice not to charge her was based on quantity.

As her email address would not have been listed in the Global Address Book, she would have shown up on every email as her full HRC @ ClintonFoundation.c o m email address as opposed to simply "Clinton, Hillary" as is standard. So it would have been glaringly obvious to every single person to send and/or receive e-mails to/from her. So, Hillary goes down, the majority of the Democrat Party goes down with her...including Obama.

I bet he was presented with a political zero sum game there. That's a rough position to be in.
Peepette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2016 5:37:02 AM
Shillary is as slick as they come. She probably used and Eron style "idiot defense."
To topple the Dem party and call into question anything she did while Sec of State might be of greater concern with the Feds than charging her. This is just one of her many times she has skirted the law. Have to admit she sure is good at keeping out of jail.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2016 6:55:37 AM

Lol, it seems that way, indeed.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2016 6:58:07 AM
At 7/5/2016 9:51:45 PM, MakeSensePeopleDont wrote:

After review of this conference, I have taken away the following, this is a very short list, not comprehensive:

1) Hillary knowingly both sent and received Top Secret Special Access Program documents from her server; these were classified as such at time of transmissions.

2) Hillary had multiple servers, not just one

3) Hillary completely lied to everyone, every step of the way

4) Hillary transferred these documents in software form to her lawyers who do not have security clearance

5) Hillary's lawyers knowingly and willfully destroyed evidence in a manner deemed to be unrecoverable

6) No criminal felony charges suggested for any offense including destruction of evidence by her lawyers.

7) Comey ensured he made it 100% clear that Hillary violated just about every security regulation in the book, placed national security at risk and lied about it every step of the way

8) Comey made it clear that although he could not recommend charges for who knows why, he felt strongly that the DOJ should pursue other charges and penalties including removal of all security clearances.

9) For the first time, Comey appeared visibly shaken while giving a press conference; so much so, he didn't even take a single question, which is way outside of his character.

Yup.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2016 7:02:12 AM
At 7/5/2016 9:55:52 PM, imabench wrote:

The FBI is part of the US Department of Justice, and thus the Attorney General theoretically has control over them. The AG is, of course, at the beck and call of the President. https://www.fbi.gov...

Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2016 7:06:07 AM
At 7/5/2016 11:59:23 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
This just proves Hillary is not qualified to put her finger on the Russian "reset" button.

Lol, Putin *despises* her, regardless of if she is qualified or not, if she enters office we can expect some seriously rocky years ahead in terms of our relations with them.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2016 7:10:48 AM
At 7/6/2016 5:05:43 AM, Death23 wrote:

Tell me about it. This is what stinks the most about this whole thing, it's so clear that he wanted to take this further. His condemnation of her throughout the entire speech is evident of this. It's almost reminiscent of an old Western Town Sheriff forced to let the criminal go because the criminals father owns the local railroad and pays his salary. He didn't want to do this, he had too, and that's what bothers me.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2016 7:13:41 AM
At 7/6/2016 6:32:34 AM, HandsOff wrote:
As of today it is no longer illegal to use gross negligence when handling classified information. That's the real story.

Yes, the precedent set today is not good, at all.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2016 9:00:31 AM
At 7/6/2016 7:06:07 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 7/5/2016 11:59:23 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

Lol, Putin *despises* her, regardless of if she is qualified or not, if she enters office we can expect some seriously rocky years ahead in terms of our relations with them.

yep!