Jump to topic:

Voters believe Clinton should've been charged

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2016 6:43:29 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
By a 17 point margin, 54-37, voters disagree with the decision not to indict Clinton.

The only surprising thing about this statistic is that 37% of Americans believe that the law shouldn't be equally applied. I hope that Trump runs with this--the average American knows what would happen to him if he leaked that amount of classified information.

Lack of criminal intent won't get you out of a $40 paring ticket, but it gets you out of jeopardizing national security. We truly live in a Banana republic, and anybody who denies it is fooling themselves.

http://nypost.com...
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2016 6:46:18 PM
"The poll found that voters are also cynical about the system, with 81 percent saying powerful people get preferential treatment when they break the law. Just 10 percent think they don"t."

By a 71 point margin Americans know the truth about our "justice" system. That is actually a very encouraging statistic.

Only Trump will fix this.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2016 6:56:41 PM
At 7/6/2016 6:43:29 PM, thett3 wrote:
By a 17 point margin, 54-37, voters disagree with the decision not to indict Clinton.

"A Rasmussen poll"

^ There's your first problem
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2016 6:57:59 PM
At 7/6/2016 6:56:41 PM, imabench wrote:

"A Rasmussen poll"

How does that excuse 37% being okay with giving the law the middle finger?
RookieApologist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2016 7:00:10 PM
At 7/6/2016 6:56:41 PM, imabench wrote:

"A Rasmussen poll"

https://www.logicallyfallacious.com...

Try again.
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2016 7:02:03 PM

The only surprising thing about this statistic is that 37% of Americans believe that the law shouldn't be equally applied. I hope that Trump runs with this--the average American knows what would happen to him if he leaked that amount of classified information.

Lack of criminal intent won't get you out of a $40 paring ticket, but it gets you out of jeopardizing national security. We truly live in a Banana republic, and anybody who denies it is fooling themselves.

How would anyone know whether to indict without knowing what the FBI knows and without knowing the possible laws which may have been broken. It is basically a poll on people's beliefs which we know were formed with very few facts.
someloser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2016 7:27:44 PM
Comey might just be a genius.
Ego sum qui sum. Deus lo vult.

"America is ungovernable; those who served the revolution have plowed the sea." - Simon Bolivar

"A healthy nation is as unconscious of its nationality as a healthy man of his bones. But if you break a nation's nationality it will think of nothing else but getting it set again." - George Bernard Shaw
1Percenter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2016 8:06:47 PM
At 7/6/2016 6:46:18 PM, thett3 wrote:

Hate to be the cynic, but no single Executive can fix this level of corruption and moral decay, not even Trump. The American people need to act. What Trump can do is expose the rot in our government to the public and restore a sane demographic balance before its too late and war becomes inevitable.
Burzmali
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2016 9:02:50 PM
"The poll found that voters are also cynical about the system, with 81 percent saying powerful people get preferential treatment when they break the law. Just 10 percent think they don"t."

By a 71 point margin Americans know the truth about our "justice" system. That is actually a very encouraging statistic.

I would be very surprised if Trump hasn't benefited from this lopsided system that favors the wealthy and powerful. That makes me very skeptical that he would fix the problem if he had the power.
Semiya
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2016 9:54:49 PM

You actually think Clinton is a criminal? There are many things wrong with her, but that isn't one.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2016 10:05:47 PM
The funny thing about all this is that it just makes me want to vote for Trump even more. I don't think I'm alone in these sentiments either.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2016 10:21:38 PM
At 7/6/2016 7:27:44 PM, someloser wrote:
Comey might just be a genius.

Well, he doesn't want to suddenly die if he did the opposite.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2016 10:21:57 PM
At 7/6/2016 10:05:47 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
The funny thing about all this is that it just makes me want to vote for Trump even more. I don't think I'm alone in these sentiments either.

^^^^^
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2016 10:52:02 PM
At 7/6/2016 9:02:50 PM, Burzmali wrote:

I would be very surprised if Trump hasn't benefited from this lopsided system that favors the wealthy and powerful. That makes me very skeptical that he would fix the problem if he had the power.

That certainly explains why the corrupt establishment is okay with him.

Except they aren't. The reality is that Trump is the first threat to the established order in decades and everybody knows it. If there was ever a chance to take our country back, this is it.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

someloser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2016 11:06:06 PM
And this, of course, is why Comey did the right thing.

1. No indictment means business as usual for Wasserman-Schultz. This destroys the possibility of the DNC picking a more electable candidate.
2. There's the obvious damage to Clinton's image, both in the eyes of her base, the delegates, and reluctant Democrats who would prefer Biden or Sanders
3. The right/Trump gets to pound and feed on the outrage.
4. Comey is much safer from potential shenanigans than if he had recommended indictment.

"America is ungovernable; those who served the revolution have plowed the sea." - Simon Bolivar

"A healthy nation is as unconscious of its nationality as a healthy man of his bones. But if you break a nation's nationality it will think of nothing else but getting it set again." - George Bernard Shaw
someloser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2016 11:07:04 PM
Call me an optimist, but I'd like to think he masterminded the decision.

Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2016 11:40:24 PM
At 7/6/2016 8:06:47 PM, 1Percenter wrote:

Hate to be the cynic, but no single Executive can fix this level of corruption and moral decay, not even Trump. The American people need to act. What Trump can do is expose the rot in our government to the public and restore a sane demographic balance before its too late and war becomes inevitable.

Destroying the crony party system is step one.
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2016 11:47:56 PM
At 7/6/2016 11:40:24 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

Yes a man who practices nepotism and cronyism is a perfect guy to destroy cronyism.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2016 11:50:55 PM
At 7/6/2016 11:47:56 PM, slo1 wrote:

Yes a man who practices nepotism and cronyism is a perfect guy to destroy cronyism.

Does Bill Clinton count for nepotism?
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 12:00:11 AM

He is the perfect guy to destroy both parties. The Democrat party will collapse because it is built on a house of blamecards. With the elimination of the blamedonkey Republicans, the Democrats will have nothing to hide behind anymore.

Game over.
Burzmali
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 4:05:34 PM
At 7/6/2016 10:52:02 PM, thett3 wrote:

Except they aren't. The reality is that Trump is the first threat to the established order in decades and everybody knows it. If there was ever a chance to take our country back, this is it.

He's just a different kind of corrupt. Godzilla and King Kong might hate each other, but neither has any problem leveling whatever city they're in. Sure, he might wreak havoc on the existing corrupt system, but I think it's most likely that he'll just leave more corruption in his wake. There is a part of me that wants to see him win just to watch the destruction, but I think anyone who believes the aftermath will be better is deluding themselves.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 4:09:30 PM
At 7/7/2016 4:05:34 PM, Burzmali wrote:
At 7/6/2016 10:52:02 PM, thett3 wrote:

He's just a different kind of corrupt. Godzilla and King Kong might hate each other, but neither has any problem leveling whatever city they're in. Sure, he might wreak havoc on the existing corrupt system, but I think it's most likely that he'll just leave more corruption in his wake. There is a part of me that wants to see him win just to watch the destruction, but I think anyone who believes the aftermath will be better is deluding themselves.

Except that the city Godzilla is going to crush more than deserves its destruction. I see absolutely no evidence that Trump is going to create more corruption, and if he did whatever he created would certainly be easier to break down than the entrenched establishment.

There's a reason that Trump has faced so much resistance from every last establishment rat. The entire media, political class, and the establishment from the top to the bottom has opposed him at every turn. These same people are doing everything in their power to elect Clinton. Anybody who argues that Trump and Clinton are remotely comparable when it comes to dealing with corruption isn't even foing themselves, they're shilling.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 5:30:10 PM
At 7/7/2016 12:00:11 AM, Greyparrot wrote:

He is the perfect guy to destroy both parties. The Democrat party will collapse because it is built on a house of blamecards. With the elimination of the blamedonkey Republicans, the Democrats will have nothing to hide behind anymore.

Game over.

What can Donald possibly do that would destroy either party? You are in rainbow and unicorn land.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 8:24:29 PM

Anything that doesn't get settled in the way you like is corrupt. That is how it looks to me. SCOTUS makes a decision you dislike - damn activist judges. Not enough of a case to indite someone, corruption in the FBI.

Yea, get a grip. She is not going to be convicted, and congress can start more time wasting costly "investigations" if they like. The people LOVED that right? See Bill Clinton.
kasmic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 8:48:27 PM

Considering how many people are posting about Hillary Clinton and the FBI the prudent thing for me to do is probably keep my mouth shut. However, I went through all this trouble to write my thoughts down I suppose I might as well share them.

In his speech, Director James Corney seems to suggest that under normal circumstances there would be consequences for what Hillary Clinton did. For example, it seems that if a current employee had done the same they would very likely be fired and/or barred from receiving security clearance. The difference here is that Hillary Clinton currently does not work for the Government. Likewise, she does not have security clearance. Therefore, she can"t be fired and cannot have security clearance revoked. Thus, the typical punishments associated with this type of thing simply cannot apply to Hillary Clinton.

The FBI was given the task of determining if such a breach is worthy of criminal charges. Many seem to think that to say that Hillary did not intend to harm the country is a ludicrous defense. As far as I understand, intent has a great deal to do with how our laws are enforced. For example, Edward Snowden intended to (and did) share classified information. Conversely, it was found that Hillary was more or less extremely careless. The precedent seems to be that jail time often happens if it appears you were going to release classified data. So I am not bothered to a great degree that there is no criminal charge. That stated, it seems to me that having someone as commander and chief that has shown severe issues with security procedure or is that careless is a terrible idea.
"Liberalism Defined" http://www.debate.org...
"The Social Contract" http://www.debate.org...
"Intro to IR An Open Discussion" http://www.debate.org...

Check out my website, the Sensible Soapbox http://www.sensiblesoapbox.com...
My latest article: http://www.sensiblesoapbox.com...