Jump to topic:

Hillary

CRandy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 1:16:54 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
Hillary Clinton can't be trusted because of the series of allegations that she's been facing. If I was facing such allegations, I would be sent to prison but she's getting off scott free. That is sad. Because of these allegations, I would rather have a dog catcher for President.
Also, Hillary said that she's going to put a lot of coal miners out of work. Coal miners are human beings just like everybody else. What will they do when they and their families go hungry or are evicted because they can't afford to buy food and or pay their bills? If coal miners vote for Hillary, they'll be slicing their own throats.
I'm also worried that she may not stop at just putting coal miners out of work. What if she puts other people out of work also? I honestly believe that no votes would be better than votes for Hillary.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 1:38:54 AM
At 7/7/2016 1:16:54 AM, CRandy wrote:
Hillary Clinton can't be trusted because of the series of allegations that she's been facing. If I was facing such allegations, I would be sent to prison but she's getting off scott free. That is sad. Because of these allegations, I would rather have a dog catcher for President.
Also, Hillary said that she's going to put a lot of coal miners out of work. Coal miners are human beings just like everybody else. What will they do when they and their families go hungry or are evicted because they can't afford to buy food and or pay their bills? If coal miners vote for Hillary, they'll be slicing their own throats.
I'm also worried that she may not stop at just putting coal miners out of work. What if she puts other people out of work also? I honestly believe that no votes would be better than votes for Hillary.

Are you from Kentucky? Look, the coal mining industry employs <100k in direct operations, that is less than half the total employees of Starbucks. As we get more power from wind and solar, yea, mining will drop-off. Further automation in mining will chip away at the jobs as well. We can feel for the employees effected, but the writing is on the wall, and its not Clintons fault that these jobs are going away.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 1:50:56 AM
At 7/7/2016 1:38:54 AM, TBR wrote:

Are you from Kentucky? Look, the coal mining industry employs <100k in direct operations, that is less than half the total employees of Starbucks. As we get more power from wind and solar, yea, mining will drop-off. Further automation in mining will chip away at the jobs as well. We can feel for the employees effected, but the writing is on the wall, and its not Clintons fault that these jobs are going away.

This is what happens when you trust the government to provide "clean" energy...

http://fortune.com...
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 3:04:50 AM
At 7/7/2016 1:50:56 AM, Greyparrot wrote:

Clean coal is nonsense. The point, however, is simple enough. You can't blame Clinton for losses in an industry that is bound to loose jobs for the next decade. Solar and wind are catching up, and automation in mining is growing. Both factors mean less coal miners.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 3:11:59 AM
At 7/7/2016 3:04:50 AM, TBR wrote:

Clean coal is nonsense. The point, however, is simple enough. You can't blame Clinton for losses in an industry that is bound to loose jobs for the next decade. Solar and wind are catching up, and automation in mining is growing. Both factors mean less coal miners.

Actually, gas is the major enemy of coal.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 3:23:00 PM
At 7/7/2016 3:11:59 AM, Greyparrot wrote:

LNG, yea sure. Again, what I am trying to communicate to the OP is that Clinton can't be blamed for the changes in energy that will move away from coal and coal related jobs.
RookieApologist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 3:27:08 PM
At 7/7/2016 3:23:00 PM, TBR wrote:
At 7/7/2016 3:11:59 AM, Greyparrot wrote:

LNG, yea sure. Again, what I am trying to communicate to the OP is that Clinton can't be blamed for the changes in energy that will move away from coal and coal related jobs.

Agree, Clinton isn't to blame here, any more than blaming Wal Mart for laying off cashiers and baggers and replacing them with self-checkout lines.
AdamEsk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 3:32:30 PM

I wouldn't give solar energy so much credit this early in the game. Though it is (gradually af) getting more cost efficient, it still has a long way to go. Didn't SunEdison go bankrupt just months after being propped up by the government last winter? The market is not yet ready this form of energy. I hear other forms of energy are quickly passing it too.