Jump to topic:

Trump and the David's Star

Objectivity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 1:47:32 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
I wonder how it feels to be so disingenuous and such a phony that you go after Donald Trump for posting David's star on Twitter, but you want to abolish the only safe haven for Jews to go to (Israel) even though the are the victims of more religious hate crimes than any other religion in the world. I'm looking at you, the American left.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 2:10:32 AM
At 7/7/2016 1:47:32 AM, Objectivity wrote:
I wonder how it feels to be so disingenuous and such a phony that you go after Donald Trump for posting David's star on Twitter, but you want to abolish the only safe haven for Jews to go to (Israel) even though the are the victims of more religious hate crimes than any other religion in the world. I'm looking at you, the American left.

https://twitter.com...
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
someloser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 2:20:06 AM
At 7/7/2016 2:10:32 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:
https://twitter.com...
TIL Frozen is Neo-Nazi propaganda.
Ego sum qui sum. Deus lo vult.

"America is ungovernable; those who served the revolution have plowed the sea." - Simon Bolivar

"A healthy nation is as unconscious of its nationality as a healthy man of his bones. But if you break a nation's nationality it will think of nothing else but getting it set again." - George Bernard Shaw
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 2:22:54 AM

This Star of David thing is entirely ridiculous and I doubt any Jews are really falling for it (though most wont for Trump anyway). But to be fair to Hillary, she is very Pro-Israel, and she didn't sway an inch from that position during one particular debate with Sanders - and he did his best to equivocate and avoid the crux of issue in general.

The far left is clearly very anti-Israel, but Hillary isn't in that camp at all - and while I do question how genuine she is on some of her stances (and how trustworthy she is in general), this is one issue she's been very consistent on.

I know you didn't bring up Hillary (and instead the left - which I do agree with), but this is a Trump versus Hillary thing in general, and both are very clearly Pro-Israel.

In any case, you are right to point out how ridiculous this Star of David thing is, because it absolutely is ridiculous.
Debate.org Moderator
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 2:23:47 AM
Correction*

At 7/7/2016 2:22:54 AM, airmax1227 wrote:

This Star of David thing is entirely ridiculous and I doubt any Jews are really falling for it (though most wont VOTE* for Trump anyway).
Debate.org Moderator
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 2:23:56 AM

That's an insane and broad generalization to make. Out of the millions of people that are in the American left, I'd say about 10 of them want to "abolish Israel".
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 2:29:23 AM

The more interesting point is that Donald relented to PC pressure and changed the ad. Wonder why he relented this time? Hummmmm.
Objectivity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 2:48:38 AM
At 7/7/2016 2:23:56 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

That's an insane and broad generalization to make. Out of the millions of people that are in the American left, I'd say about 10 of them want to "abolish Israel".

10? Lol. So we are excluding the millions of leftists in America who support palestinian claims to Israel?
Objectivity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 2:49:24 AM

This Star of David thing is entirely ridiculous and I doubt any Jews are really falling for it (though most wont for Trump anyway). But to be fair to Hillary, she is very Pro-Israel, and she didn't sway an inch from that position during one particular debate with Sanders - and he did his best to equivocate and avoid the crux of issue in general.

The far left is clearly very anti-Israel, but Hillary isn't in that camp at all - and while I do question how genuine she is on some of her stances (and how trustworthy she is in general), this is one issue she's been very consistent on.

I know you didn't bring up Hillary (and instead the left - which I do agree with), but this is a Trump versus Hillary thing in general, and both are very clearly Pro-Israel.

In any case, you are right to point out how ridiculous this Star of David thing is, because it absolutely is ridiculous.

I know Hillary is pro Israel, I don't think a lot of the American left are pro Israel.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 2:50:01 AM
At 7/7/2016 2:49:24 AM, Objectivity wrote:

I know Hillary is pro Israel, I don't think a lot of the American left are pro Israel.

I think Hillary is only lukewarm to Israel...
Tsar of DDO
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 2:53:44 AM
At 7/7/2016 2:48:38 AM, Objectivity wrote:

10? Lol. So we are excluding the millions of leftists in America who support palestinian claims to Israel?

*Palestinian claims to the land they owned before Israeli settlement expansion.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Objectivity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 2:54:35 AM
At 7/7/2016 2:50:01 AM, YYW wrote:

That's probably fair,
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 2:55:35 AM
At 7/7/2016 2:54:35 AM, Objectivity wrote:
At 7/7/2016 2:50:01 AM, YYW wrote:

That's probably fair,

If I was Jewish I would be offended by the stupidity of her campaign's attack narrative on this...
Tsar of DDO
Objectivity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 2:58:02 AM
At 7/7/2016 2:53:44 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

Israeli settlement expansion, lol. That's all then? So, for example, no leftist imposes double standards on Israel's right to defend itself?
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 3:03:55 AM
At 7/7/2016 2:58:02 AM, Objectivity wrote:

Israeli settlement expansion, lol. That's all then? So, for example, no leftist imposes double standards on Israel's right to defend itself?

You're making things black and white. They have a right to defend themselves, but there's an issue when Israeli military is found to have used 'reckless' force in live ammunition on Palestinian children *repeatedly*. They have to clean up their act as well in order for any peace in the area.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Objectivity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 3:15:55 AM
At 7/7/2016 3:03:55 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 7/7/2016 2:58:02 AM, Objectivity wrote:

You're making things black and white. They have a right to defend themselves, but there's an issue when Israeli military is found to have used 'reckless' force in live ammunition on Palestinian children *repeatedly*. They have to clean up their act as well in order for any peace in the area.

Do you sincerely believe that is the fault of the IDF, whether than Hamas?
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 3:27:50 AM
At 7/7/2016 2:29:23 AM, slo1 wrote:

The more interesting point is that Donald relented to PC pressure and changed the ad. Wonder why he relented this time? Hummmmm.

Maybe because he doesn't need to add anti-Semite to the mix? It's smart of his to do so, as fighting PC culture is one thing, giving people more reasons to call you racist ( which certainly works in elections) is another.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 3:29:39 AM
In all fairness, most Leftists seem to support the existence of the state of Israel.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 3:31:47 AM
At 7/7/2016 3:29:39 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
In all fairness, most Leftists seem to support the existence of the state of Israel.

I hear a lot of people saying "Israel is UNDER ATTACK by the anti-semitic left!" but in truth Israel is almost a litmus test for American politicians. Even Democrat politicians don't dare levy harsh criticism towards Israel unless they want to be branded as radicals.

The DDO Blog:

Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 3:33:48 AM
In fact, even the FREAKING MEDIA (which might as well coalesce under the name "Pravda USA") isn't particularly harsh towards Israel.

The DDO Blog:

xus00HAY
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 6:20:07 AM
This may be a trick. Trump puts out a tweet that may appear anti-semetic but really is not.
Hillary is not Jewish. The theme of the message is that so many people have given her so much money, It might appear that she owes these people a favor, or she has been bought and paid for. There is a six pointed star over a pile of pile of cash, which may or may not suggest that this money was given to her by Jews.
N.B. A solid six pointed red star is not the symbol of Judaism. It is not the star of David. Dave's star is made from 2 triangles. Although a solid six pointed star is similar to Dave's star, That solid star has more similarity to the six pointed sheriff's badges.
Most of the people who work in the news industry are bleeding heart liberals.
So if they accuse Trump of being anti-semetic and offer that tweet as their evidence, this suggests that the news people are giving their audience propaganda that they think will get people to vote 4
their girl.
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 10:58:16 AM
At 7/7/2016 3:27:50 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:

Maybe because he doesn't need to add anti-Semite to the mix? It's smart of his to do so, as fighting PC culture is one thing, giving people more reasons to call you racist ( which certainly works in elections) is another.

The damage is already done. It is either a sign of weakness or he is unwilling to piss off evangelicals or other radical Christians who get real testy when dealing with a major player to their prophesy.
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 11:06:40 AM
At 7/7/2016 6:20:07 AM, xus00HAY wrote:
This may be a trick. Trump puts out a tweet that may appear anti-semetic but really is not.
Hillary is not Jewish. The theme of the message is that so many people have given her so much money, It might appear that she owes these people a favor, or she has been bought and paid for. There is a six pointed star over a pile of pile of cash, which may or may not suggest that this money was given to her by Jews.
N.B. A solid six pointed red star is not the symbol of Judaism. It is not the star of David. Dave's star is made from 2 triangles. Although a solid six pointed star is similar to Dave's star, That solid star has more similarity to the six pointed sheriff's badges.
Most of the people who work in the news industry are bleeding heart liberals.
So if they accuse Trump of being anti-semetic and offer that tweet as their evidence, this suggests that the news people are giving their audience propaganda that they think will get people to vote 4
their girl.

You forgot the fact that Trump's team lifted it from a known anti Semite. Trump may not be anti Semite, but his staff are not the sharpest pencils in the box.
Ramshutu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 2:03:37 PM

Name on regular contributor here, on the "American Left" who wants to abolish Israel.

I think you're confusing the view that "Israel actions and policies with regards to the Palestinians, the Arab world, and the occupied territories are not befitting of a modern, democratic western nation; and while their actions are not as horrific is those that oppose them, and with full appreciation as to what is happening with it's citizens, are not always moral and are serving to inflame the geo-political situation rather than mitigate it" with "abolish Israel".

It's an easy mistake, I guess.
RookieApologist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 2:10:02 PM

Agree on all points.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 3:24:27 PM

I find it fascinating that Liberals make fun of Trump's ignorance on certain parts of Christianity, yet think he correlated a deep meaninged signifigance to the Israeli star of David...
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 3:58:20 PM
At 7/7/2016 10:58:16 AM, slo1 wrote:

The damage is already done. It is either a sign of weakness or he is unwilling to piss off evangelicals or other radical Christians who get real testy when dealing with a major player to their prophesy.

Evangelicals are a large part of the Republican voter base, so why would he try to anger them?
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 5:14:21 PM
At 7/7/2016 3:58:20 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 7/7/2016 10:58:16 AM, slo1 wrote:

Evangelicals are a large part of the Republican voter base, so why would he try to anger them?

I thought he was against political correctness. You tell me why he would appease his evangelical base.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 8:35:44 PM

What? Just what?

The Donald Trump star thing was an issue because of its context. If, as he wants to say now, he has no idea what the star was, well, then he is a idiot. "It could have been a sheriffs star". Really, under what context does that make sense? Trump, just for once, be honest about your crap!

As to the left and Israel, disagreeing with policy's on settlements has nothing to do with wanting Israel to be destroyed.

Nothing about this post is anything other than bloating.
xus00HAY
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 8:43:40 PM
"You forgot the fact that Trump's team lifted it from a known anti Semite. Trump may not be anti Semite, but his staff are not the sharpest pencils in the box."

That is the trick, the picture looks like a picture posted by an anti-semite.
Is it wrong to associate Jews with money?. Do Jews feel offended if someone associates them with money?