Jump to topic:

Cop on black violence

LittleBallofHATE
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 11:14:17 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
In light of recent events, I would just like say this.

Police officers who cross over the line should be punished to the full extent of the law. Criminals who cross over the line in confrontations with the police deserve exactly what they get. Not to be poster boys for a movement. Stupidity carries it's own penalty. This is not a moral movement like the civil rights marches, but a political movement seeking to further the divisiveness of our society.
I would agree with you, but then we'd BOTH be wrong.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 5:37:28 PM
At 7/10/2016 11:14:17 AM, LittleBallofHATE wrote:

Police officers who cross over the line should be punished to the full extent of the law. Criminals who cross over the line in confrontations with the police deserve exactly what they get. Not to be poster boys for a movement. Stupidity carries it's own penalty. This is not a moral movement like the civil rights marches, but a political movement seeking to further the divisiveness of our society.

When people who do NOT cross the line - that being the line that deserved a death sentence - are shot dead, yea there is a problem. Yea, they are poster boys for a problem and the movement to fix said problem.
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 6:44:07 PM
At 7/10/2016 5:37:28 PM, TBR wrote:

When people who do NOT cross the line - that being the line that deserved a death sentence - are shot dead, yea there is a problem. Yea, they are poster boys for a problem and the movement to fix said problem.

+1
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 7:44:22 PM

Non compliance with an officer when he has a gun drawn is a death sentence.
idoubtit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 7:49:39 PM
I see a bigger problem. Every time one of these cops vs black person shot incidents occurs, witnesses with reasons to lie tell of a poor defenseless gentle good person inexplicably murdered by the big bad cop, a one-sided narrative is immediately put out and spread by the media, Obama butts in against the cops, riots and protests occur, all before an investigation has been properly done with actual evidence and seeing where it leads. Time and again, the evidence that comes in demonstrates that the poor innocent gentle guy was actually a thug and a criminal, and in the process of trying to murder the cop, when the cop defended himself. The latest is no different. I'm so tired of hearing Black Lies Matter and the whole anti-cop rhetoric that I no longer give any validity to any of their claims.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 7:59:46 PM
At 7/10/2016 7:44:22 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

No its not. Show me exactly where any law says that.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 8:22:19 PM
At 7/10/2016 7:59:46 PM, TBR wrote:

It's reality.
https://en.wikipedia.org...
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 8:47:38 PM
At 7/10/2016 8:22:19 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

It's reality.

Not in every case it would seem. Lots of white guys do it every day. Think that could be a problem like the one we are discussing?
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 9:33:31 PM
At 7/10/2016 8:47:38 PM, TBR wrote:

It's reality.

Not in every case it would seem. Lots of white guys do it every day. Think that could be a problem like the one we are discussing?

I agree, lots of whites attempt suicide by cop.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 10:10:38 PM
I think all blacks should be allowed to carry guns.that way the cops have the right to shoot them and blacks have the guns to defend themselves. Today it is too one sided only the cops carry guns and the blacks carry slogans.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 10:29:51 PM
At 7/10/2016 10:10:38 PM, Harikrish wrote:
I think all blacks should be allowed to carry guns.that way the cops have the right to shoot them and blacks have the guns to defend themselves. Today it is too one sided only the cops carry guns and the blacks carry slogans.

How did all those white cops get sniped and killed by slogans?
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 10:43:11 PM
At 7/10/2016 10:29:51 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

A black took up the NRA slogan. "The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun." The NRA slogan worked.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 10:48:56 PM
At 7/10/2016 10:43:11 PM, Harikrish wrote:

A black took up the NRA slogan. "The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun." The NRA slogan worked.

We need a ban on slogans then. Abolish 1st and 2nd amendments together.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 11:25:39 PM
At 7/10/2016 10:48:56 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

There is no way to abolish the 1st and 2nd amendments rights. It is etched in tbe constitution. But the NRA can apologize and change their slogan.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 11:51:27 PM
At 7/10/2016 9:33:31 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

It's reality.

And you imply that the black men shot in these cases WANT to die.

There is a real problem here. Ignoring it is not going to make it go away.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 11:54:05 PM
At 7/10/2016 11:51:27 PM, TBR wrote:

It's reality.

How are you so sure they don't?
Thugs know prison sucks, and that's why suicide by cop even exists.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 11:55:28 PM
At 7/10/2016 11:54:05 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 7/10/2016 11:51:27 PM, TBR wrote:

It's reality.

How are you so sure they don't?
Thugs know prison sucks, and that's why suicide by cop even exists.

You think the guy who was stopped for a taillight was trying to commit suicide? Do you even pretend to be honest?
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2016 12:00:18 AM
At 7/10/2016 11:55:28 PM, TBR wrote:

You think the guy who was stopped for a taillight was trying to commit suicide? Do you even pretend to be honest?

Well...he chose to move when a cop with a gun said don't move. Classic suicide by cop.
keithprosser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2016 12:10:48 AM
At 7/10/2016 7:49:39 PM, idoubtit wrote:
I see a bigger problem. Every time one of these cops vs black person shot incidents occurs, witnesses with reasons to lie tell of a poor defenseless gentle good person inexplicably murdered by the big bad cop, a one-sided narrative is immediately put out and spread by the media, Obama butts in against the cops, riots and protests occur, all before an investigation has been properly done with actual evidence and seeing where it leads. Time and again, the evidence that comes in demonstrates that the poor innocent gentle guy was actually a thug and a criminal, and in the process of trying to murder the cop, when the cop defended himself. The latest is no different. I'm so tired of hearing Black Lies Matter and the whole anti-cop rhetoric that I no longer give any validity to any of their claims.

The reliability of testimony is of course a big problem, made worse because the person whose side of the story matters most is dead. A cop isn't going to say he shot a guy because he was black - MRDA, he is going to say he acted in self defence and there is no one alive to say any different.

I could accept that would make someone say 'A pox on both your houses' and not believe anyone, yet you seem happy to assume guilt on the side of the victim and no fault on the side of the cops. That is precisely the unthinking, knee-jerk attitude that makes BLM necessary - to remind people to think and not to prejudge on the basis of stereotypes.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2016 12:16:35 AM
At 7/11/2016 12:00:18 AM, Greyparrot wrote:

Well...he chose to move when a cop with a gun said don't move. Classic suicide by cop.

That lacks intellectually honesty.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2016 12:21:43 AM
At 7/11/2016 12:16:35 AM, TBR wrote:
At 7/11/2016 12:00:18 AM, Greyparrot wrote:

That lacks intellectually honesty.

How is this a false narrative?
BrendanD19
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2016 12:30:15 AM

When your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail
BrendanD19
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2016 12:31:37 AM
At 7/10/2016 11:25:39 PM, Harikrish wrote:

There is no way to abolish the 1st and 2nd amendments rights. It is etched in tbe constitution. But the NRA can apologize and change their slogan.
Actually, they can be abolished, it would be through another constitutional amendment.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2016 12:36:53 AM
At 7/11/2016 12:30:15 AM, BrendanD19 wrote:

Except when the problem is actually a nail.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2016 12:38:33 AM
At 7/11/2016 12:31:37 AM, BrendanD19 wrote:

Actually, they can be abolished, it would be through another constitutional amendment.

If it was that easy the congress and senate would have brushed aside the NRA protests and made the necessary amendments.
BrendanD19
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2016 12:44:44 AM
At 7/10/2016 7:49:39 PM, idoubtit wrote:
I see a bigger problem. Every time one of these cops vs black person shot incidents occurs, witnesses with reasons to lie tell of a poor defenseless gentle good person inexplicably murdered by the big bad cop, a one-sided narrative is immediately put out and spread by the media, Obama butts in against the cops, riots and protests occur, all before an investigation has been properly done with actual evidence and seeing where it leads. Time and again, the evidence that comes in demonstrates that the poor innocent gentle guy was actually a thug and a criminal, and in the process of trying to murder the cop, when the cop defended himself. The latest is no different. I'm so tired of hearing Black Lives Matter and the whole anti-cop rhetoric that I no longer give any validity to any of their claims.

1) You hear the opposite story from the cop. And sometimes you don't hear the story because there were no witnesses, or maybe you see the story on camera.
2) The reason that these protests are occurring is because there is a lack of oversight and the fact that the investigations into killings by the police are done by said police. That is the goal of the protests: to get a real investigation independent of the perpetrators.
3) Whether or not the person who was killed was innocent of any crime or was in the process of committing said crime is irrelevant, under the law, people are innocent until proven guilty. Killing an unarmed person simply for not cooperating with the police is wrong and against the law. The Constitution guarantees the right to due process and the police are denying people this by killing them when they pose no threat.
4) No grand jury has found that the person killed was trying to kill the cop. It was the view of the Ferguson grand jury that Michael Brown had been reaching towards the officers firearm, however, it was not determined as to whether or not he was actually trying to grab the gun or if he was motioning for the officer to put the gun down. In the case of Michael Scott, the officer planted the weapon on the body after Michael Scott had been shot.
5) So first you complain that they are protesting before any investigation is done, but then you say you give no validity to their claims? It can't be both. Sometimes the investigation determines the claims of the protests to be true, but you say you don't care.
BrendanD19
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2016 12:47:05 AM
At 7/11/2016 12:38:33 AM, Harikrish wrote:

If it was that easy the congress and senate would have brushed aside the NRA protests and made the necessary amendments.

No, because a) amending the constitution is not an easy process. Our constitution is one of the hardest constitutions to amend, and b) No one wants to repeal either the first or second amendment.
BrendanD19
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2016 12:49:33 AM
At 7/11/2016 12:36:53 AM, Greyparrot wrote:

The Point
|
|
|
|
|
|
You head
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2016 12:50:55 AM
At 7/11/2016 12:49:33 AM, BrendanD19 wrote:
At 7/11/2016 12:36:53 AM, Greyparrot wrote:

The Nail
|
|
|
|
|
|
Your head

That's vicious!
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2016 12:56:28 AM
At 7/11/2016 12:47:05 AM, BrendanD19 wrote:
At 7/11/2016 12:38:33 AM, Harikrish wrote:

No, because a) amending the constitution is not an easy process. Our constitution is one of the hardest constitutions to amend, and b) No one wants to repeal either the first or second amendment.

Giving blacks guns is the best solution. Everything a cop stops a black man, the first thing on his mind in not the colour of the man but the gun pointing at his face. The cops reaction will not be determined by colour anymore.