Total Posts:18|Showing Posts:1-18
Jump to topic:

Trump's News Cycle Issue

bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 11:32:05 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
I recently read an article which I think made a very valid and interesting point. It said, in part:

"On Tuesday, FBI Director James Comey"s press conference was a damaging blow for Hillary Clinton. Presumably this wasn"t a partisan attack on the likely Democratic presidential candidate; it was a condemnation from a very high-level law enforcement official. This was criticism from what communications professionals call a 'third-party validator' and it"s usually quite effective.

What Trump should have done when this situation occurred was to go silent for several days, let Comey"s comments speak for themselves and dominate the news and allow the political situation to fester.

But Trump did the exact opposite. The same day the FBI director announced his agency"s findings, Trump made a controversial speech in North Carolina that praised Saddam Hussein. That immediately pulled focus away from Comey and Clinton and raised the question about his support for and approval of dictators."


[http://www.forbes.com...]

Certainly, Trump's strategy involved hogging the spotlight, but in doing so he may overshadow things that could hurt Clinton. And, moreover, in his efforts to be seen, he often draws more negative attention that positive attention from the media.

So, is his strategy working? Should he have "gone quiet" as the article suggests? What do you think about all this?
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
thett3
Posts: 14,378
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2016 1:25:47 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
He already said the thing about Saddam being good at killing terrorists (which is an objective fact btw). He has said it many times before.

The media also called his speech in the rally "unhinged" and talked about how he seemed to be losing it...but I watched it and have watched several of his rallies and have actually been to one. It was the same as ever. Funny that the media made this into an issue then, right after the news conference...timing is a strange thing
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2016 2:03:09 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/11/2016 1:25:47 AM, thett3 wrote:
He already said the thing about Saddam being good at killing terrorists (which is an objective fact btw). He has said it many times before.

The media also called his speech in the rally "unhinged" and talked about how he seemed to be losing it...but I watched it and have watched several of his rallies and have actually been to one. It was the same as ever. Funny that the media made this into an issue then, right after the news conference...timing is a strange thing

He has to get NEW supporters, not you. This, like many cases, is Trump supporters dismissing reality's. Trump is not the tactician people what to think he is.
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,325
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2016 5:40:09 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/11/2016 2:03:09 AM, TBR wrote:
. Trump is not the tactician people what to think he is.

Let's hope not. We don't need more sniveling politicians.
xus00HAY
Posts: 1,395
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2016 5:42:34 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
" the question about his support for and approval of dictators."
The answer to this question is Trump does not support and approve dictators, he just said that this particular dictator eliminated terrorists.
What the press does is put plenty of these half truths in articles about a candidate they want to lose an election. If things like this keep happening the GOP's advertising can not only claim that Hillary is a liar, they can claim the newsreaders are liars.
Trump is a republican, so the things you disagree with republicans about you can associate with Trump. If you base a prediction on the issues, you can't expect Trump to get more votes than Hillary. Therefore the GOP has to come up with a new strategy to win this election. My guess is they will get people to vote against Hillary and the democrats because they have been lied to too much.
So like Trump wants the immigration laws enforced. So suppose someone else wants the opposite, well, what exactly is the opposite of that? It could be that the Mexicans need to disobey our laws because they can't get a job in Mexico.
It could also be that if one of them succeeds in crossing the border without getting caught, then the law against being here without a visa is to be violated every day, for 24 hours a day. Now if he finds a job here and lives and works here for 10 years, maybe we should forgive him, even though he has violated a law for 3650 days.
Some bleeding heart liberal may tell you that he should be given amnesty , even though he has broke a law every day for 3650 days.
I suppose all you bleeding heart left wingers here in this forum think amnesty is good, but conservatives and middle of the roaders think it is bad.
desmac
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2016 6:20:54 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/11/2016 5:42:34 AM, xus00HAY wrote:
" the question about his support for and approval of dictators."
The answer to this question is Trump does not support and approve dictators, he just said that this particular dictator eliminated terrorists.
What the press does is put plenty of these half truths in articles about a candidate they want to lose an election. If things like this keep happening the GOP's advertising can not only claim that Hillary is a liar, they can claim the newsreaders are liars.
Trump is a republican, so the things you disagree with republicans about you can associate with Trump. If you base a prediction on the issues, you can't expect Trump to get more votes than Hillary. Therefore the GOP has to come up with a new strategy to win this election. My guess is they will get people to vote against Hillary and the democrats because they have been lied to too much.
So like Trump wants the immigration laws enforced. So suppose someone else wants the opposite, well, what exactly is the opposite of that? It could be that the Mexicans need to disobey our laws because they can't get a job in Mexico.
It could also be that if one of them succeeds in crossing the border without getting caught, then the law against being here without a visa is to be violated every day, for 24 hours a day. Now if he finds a job here and lives and works here for 10 years, maybe we should forgive him, even though he has violated a law for 3650 days.
Some bleeding heart liberal may tell you that he should be given amnesty , even though he has broke a law every day for 3650 days.
I suppose all you bleeding heart left wingers here in this forum think amnesty is good, but conservatives and middle of the roaders think it is bad.

3,562 or 3563 days.
xus00HAY
Posts: 1,395
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2016 8:29:43 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
Now , The majority of real Americans would agree with Trump on the law should be enforced, but they do not feel that the reasons are they hate Mexicans and fear the beaners are a threat to whatever racial purity we have left in America, their reasons are more like we have too many Americans unemployed, and we can't solve the unemployment problems of other countries by giving American jobs to foreigners.
Actually Trump has similar opinions with the real Americans on this issue.
The left has claimed that Trump wants a wall due to his racism and bigotry, and his belief that Latino lives don't matter, so we should just let them starve, and this may be due to his being like a nazi due to his German ancestry.
The GOP can use advertising to show that the news people and Hillary just made up this bull**** to make trump look bad.
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2016 10:04:15 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/11/2016 5:42:34 AM, xus00HAY wrote:
" the question about his support for and approval of dictators."
The answer to this question is Trump does not support and approve dictators, he just said that this particular dictator eliminated terrorists.
What the press does is put plenty of these half truths in articles about a candidate they want to lose an election. If things like this keep happening the GOP's advertising can not only claim that Hillary is a liar, they can claim the newsreaders are liars.
Trump is a republican, so the things you disagree with republicans about you can associate with Trump. If you base a prediction on the issues, you can't expect Trump to get more votes than Hillary. Therefore the GOP has to come up with a new strategy to win this election. My guess is they will get people to vote against Hillary and the democrats because they have been lied to too much.
So like Trump wants the immigration laws enforced. So suppose someone else wants the opposite, well, what exactly is the opposite of that? It could be that the Mexicans need to disobey our laws because they can't get a job in Mexico.
It could also be that if one of them succeeds in crossing the border without getting caught, then the law against being here without a visa is to be violated every day, for 24 hours a day. Now if he finds a job here and lives and works here for 10 years, maybe we should forgive him, even though he has violated a law for 3650 days.
Some bleeding heart liberal may tell you that he should be given amnesty , even though he has broke a law every day for 3650 days.
I suppose all you bleeding heart left wingers here in this forum think amnesty is good, but conservatives and middle of the roaders think it is bad.

This has nothing to do with the media strategy Trump is using. I don't care about the rightness or wrongness of what he said (at least in this thread), I care more about discussing here whether he says things at inopportune times, distracting media scrutiny of Hillary.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2016 10:13:20 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/11/2016 5:40:09 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 7/11/2016 2:03:09 AM, TBR wrote:
. Trump is not the tactician people what to think he is.

Let's hope not. We don't need more sniveling politicians.

Good thing he is right on track to failure.
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2016 10:16:24 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/11/2016 10:04:15 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 7/11/2016 5:42:34 AM, xus00HAY wrote:
" the question about his support for and approval of dictators."
The answer to this question is Trump does not support and approve dictators, he just said that this particular dictator eliminated terrorists.
What the press does is put plenty of these half truths in articles about a candidate they want to lose an election. If things like this keep happening the GOP's advertising can not only claim that Hillary is a liar, they can claim the newsreaders are liars.
Trump is a republican, so the things you disagree with republicans about you can associate with Trump. If you base a prediction on the issues, you can't expect Trump to get more votes than Hillary. Therefore the GOP has to come up with a new strategy to win this election. My guess is they will get people to vote against Hillary and the democrats because they have been lied to too much.
So like Trump wants the immigration laws enforced. So suppose someone else wants the opposite, well, what exactly is the opposite of that? It could be that the Mexicans need to disobey our laws because they can't get a job in Mexico.
It could also be that if one of them succeeds in crossing the border without getting caught, then the law against being here without a visa is to be violated every day, for 24 hours a day. Now if he finds a job here and lives and works here for 10 years, maybe we should forgive him, even though he has violated a law for 3650 days.
Some bleeding heart liberal may tell you that he should be given amnesty , even though he has broke a law every day for 3650 days.
I suppose all you bleeding heart left wingers here in this forum think amnesty is good, but conservatives and middle of the roaders think it is bad.

This has nothing to do with the media strategy Trump is using. I don't care about the rightness or wrongness of what he said (at least in this thread), I care more about discussing here whether he says things at inopportune times, distracting media scrutiny of Hillary.

Its not just media strategy, its the entire campaign. He has no idea how to do it, and is unwilling to get proper help. He thinks he is going to win a national campaign for the POTUS using Twitter - its not going to happen.
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,325
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2016 12:33:19 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/11/2016 10:13:20 PM, TBR wrote:
At 7/11/2016 5:40:09 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 7/11/2016 2:03:09 AM, TBR wrote:
. Trump is not the tactician people what to think he is.

Let's hope not. We don't need more sniveling politicians.

Good thing he is right on track to failure.

Good, if he fails at crony establishment politics, it will be a historical first for any president.
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2016 2:20:54 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/12/2016 12:33:19 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 7/11/2016 10:13:20 PM, TBR wrote:
At 7/11/2016 5:40:09 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 7/11/2016 2:03:09 AM, TBR wrote:
. Trump is not the tactician people what to think he is.

Let's hope not. We don't need more sniveling politicians.

Good thing he is right on track to failure.

Good, if he fails at crony establishment politics, it will be a historical first for any president.

What do you think you accomplish with the dumpster-fire? Do you think the establishment GOP packs it in? That the Democratic party celebrates your tenacity? Or do you just lose?
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,325
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2016 2:54:31 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/12/2016 2:20:54 AM, TBR wrote:
At 7/12/2016 12:33:19 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 7/11/2016 10:13:20 PM, TBR wrote:
At 7/11/2016 5:40:09 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 7/11/2016 2:03:09 AM, TBR wrote:
. Trump is not the tactician people what to think he is.

Let's hope not. We don't need more sniveling politicians.

Good thing he is right on track to failure.

Good, if he fails at crony establishment politics, it will be a historical first for any president.

What do you think you accomplish with the dumpster-fire? Do you think the establishment GOP packs it in? That the Democratic party celebrates your tenacity? Or do you just lose?

DC needs to lose so the people can win.
xus00HAY
Posts: 1,395
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2016 8:04:36 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
If the GOP uses a conventional strategy this year they will lose.
Many of the people who voted for Reagan and the George Bushes were
old then and now they are dead. They need to hit the democrats with something new, that they won't be able to deal with.
I think it may be something like America needs to take back our country from the liberals, but it is a secret.
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2016 2:49:01 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/12/2016 2:54:31 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 7/12/2016 2:20:54 AM, TBR wrote:
At 7/12/2016 12:33:19 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 7/11/2016 10:13:20 PM, TBR wrote:
At 7/11/2016 5:40:09 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 7/11/2016 2:03:09 AM, TBR wrote:
. Trump is not the tactician people what to think he is.

Let's hope not. We don't need more sniveling politicians.

Good thing he is right on track to failure.

Good, if he fails at crony establishment politics, it will be a historical first for any president.

What do you think you accomplish with the dumpster-fire? Do you think the establishment GOP packs it in? That the Democratic party celebrates your tenacity? Or do you just lose?

DC needs to lose so the people can win.

How is DC losing with a Clinton win? How is this anything but a gut-punch for the GOP?

I know, and respect that you guys are pissed at the GOP. They suck, and have for a very long time. Trump is no solution to this problem, its just lashing out.
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2016 2:50:27 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/12/2016 8:04:36 AM, xus00HAY wrote:
If the GOP uses a conventional strategy this year they will lose.
Many of the people who voted for Reagan and the George Bushes were
old then and now they are dead. They need to hit the democrats with something new, that they won't be able to deal with.
I think it may be something like America needs to take back our country from the liberals, but it is a secret.

So you guys are going to run a secret plan? OK. We are frightened now.
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,325
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2016 5:43:01 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/12/2016 2:49:01 PM, TBR wrote:
At 7/12/2016 2:54:31 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 7/12/2016 2:20:54 AM, TBR wrote:
At 7/12/2016 12:33:19 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 7/11/2016 10:13:20 PM, TBR wrote:
At 7/11/2016 5:40:09 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 7/11/2016 2:03:09 AM, TBR wrote:
. Trump is not the tactician people what to think he is.

Let's hope not. We don't need more sniveling politicians.

Good thing he is right on track to failure.

Good, if he fails at crony establishment politics, it will be a historical first for any president.

What do you think you accomplish with the dumpster-fire? Do you think the establishment GOP packs it in? That the Democratic party celebrates your tenacity? Or do you just lose?

DC needs to lose so the people can win.

How is DC losing with a Clinton win? How is this anything but a gut-punch for the GOP?

I know, and respect that you guys are pissed at the GOP. They suck, and have for a very long time. Trump is no solution to this problem, its just lashing out.

Normally, it wouldn't be a loss for DC, but we have Bernie and his followers. And Clinton has no chance of avoiding a Bushlike party meltdown during her reign.
xus00HAY
Posts: 1,395
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2016 10:09:33 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
Apparently Trump's campaign manager determines what we will hear Hillary say on the news
She looks angry.
What she needs to do is appear friendly and trustworthy.
You may disagree with Trump, but he appears to be just saying what is in his mind, and he has not thought it over and asked his advisors if he can say this.