Jump to topic:

Secular or Christian President?

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 3:31:45 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
Would you rather have an Atheist or Christian President? I only ask because we have never had a President openly claim to be an Atheist that I can think of.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
Robkwoods
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 3:42:04 PM
At 7/14/2016 3:31:45 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
Would you rather have an Atheist or Christian President? I only ask because we have never had a President openly claim to be an Atheist that I can think of.

Christians should be inherently secular.

Jesus never said you have to believe, only that you should. Free will is deeply ingrained in Christianity despite how the world presents it. I am convinced this is why the world rejects it.
BrendanD19
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 1:57:37 AM
At 7/14/2016 3:31:45 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

Some of the early ones like Washington, Madison, Jefferson, and Monroe were not Chrisitans, but rather deists, however we have never had an atheist president.
For me, I wouldn't really care. There was a time when I don't think I would have backed an atheist for president, however when I told my priest that he was taken a back by that and told me to think more on it. Today it's more about the policies than the religion or ethnicity or education. This cycle I have campaigned for and donated to two secular Jews running for president, Sanders and Stein.