Total Posts:21|Showing Posts:1-21
Jump to topic:

People die, Government says sorry, repeat.

KendoRe2
Posts: 126
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 4:04:06 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
Until we're all dead? The current stance on terror seems to be to issue a statement praying for the dead, let people make comments on social media, then wait a week until the next attack and do it all over. There's no end in sight
slo1
Posts: 4,314
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 4:19:11 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/15/2016 4:04:06 PM, KendoRe2 wrote:
Until we're all dead? The current stance on terror seems to be to issue a statement praying for the dead, let people make comments on social media, then wait a week until the next attack and do it all over. There's no end in sight

Pretty similar to how people feel with mass shootings and gun violence. Regardless the level of activity compared to enforcement ability in the US does not warrant knee jerk reaction and draconian violations of rights in either cases.
KendoRe2
Posts: 126
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 4:22:21 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/15/2016 4:19:11 PM, slo1 wrote:
At 7/15/2016 4:04:06 PM, KendoRe2 wrote:
Until we're all dead? The current stance on terror seems to be to issue a statement praying for the dead, let people make comments on social media, then wait a week until the next attack and do it all over. There's no end in sight

Pretty similar to how people feel with mass shootings and gun violence. Regardless the level of activity compared to enforcement ability in the US does not warrant knee jerk reaction and draconian violations of rights in either cases.

What about the right to live? People are having that taken away every day.
slo1
Posts: 4,314
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 4:29:03 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/15/2016 4:22:21 PM, KendoRe2 wrote:
At 7/15/2016 4:19:11 PM, slo1 wrote:
At 7/15/2016 4:04:06 PM, KendoRe2 wrote:
Until we're all dead? The current stance on terror seems to be to issue a statement praying for the dead, let people make comments on social media, then wait a week until the next attack and do it all over. There's no end in sight

Pretty similar to how people feel with mass shootings and gun violence. Regardless the level of activity compared to enforcement ability in the US does not warrant knee jerk reaction and draconian violations of rights in either cases.


What about the right to live? People are having that taken away every day.

Are you advocating a complete ban on guns so nobody gets killed by a person with a gun? Get rid of cars so the tens of thousands we know will die in auto accidents don't. Policy around life and death concerns should be made in balance without appeals to emotion. Reduce deaths but not at all costs.
KendoRe2
Posts: 126
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 4:30:26 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/15/2016 4:29:03 PM, slo1 wrote:
At 7/15/2016 4:22:21 PM, KendoRe2 wrote:
At 7/15/2016 4:19:11 PM, slo1 wrote:
At 7/15/2016 4:04:06 PM, KendoRe2 wrote:
Until we're all dead? The current stance on terror seems to be to issue a statement praying for the dead, let people make comments on social media, then wait a week until the next attack and do it all over. There's no end in sight

Pretty similar to how people feel with mass shootings and gun violence. Regardless the level of activity compared to enforcement ability in the US does not warrant knee jerk reaction and draconian violations of rights in either cases.


What about the right to live? People are having that taken away every day.

Are you advocating a complete ban on guns so nobody gets killed by a person with a gun? Get rid of cars so the tens of thousands we know will die in auto accidents don't. Policy around life and death concerns should be made in balance without appeals to emotion. Reduce deaths but not at all costs.

I'm advocating doing something, anything. Nothing worse than sitting back letting people die.
FaustianJustice
Posts: 6,205
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 4:39:46 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/15/2016 4:30:26 PM, KendoRe2 wrote:
At 7/15/2016 4:29:03 PM, slo1 wrote:
At 7/15/2016 4:22:21 PM, KendoRe2 wrote:
At 7/15/2016 4:19:11 PM, slo1 wrote:
At 7/15/2016 4:04:06 PM, KendoRe2 wrote:
Until we're all dead? The current stance on terror seems to be to issue a statement praying for the dead, let people make comments on social media, then wait a week until the next attack and do it all over. There's no end in sight

Pretty similar to how people feel with mass shootings and gun violence. Regardless the level of activity compared to enforcement ability in the US does not warrant knee jerk reaction and draconian violations of rights in either cases.


What about the right to live? People are having that taken away every day.

Are you advocating a complete ban on guns so nobody gets killed by a person with a gun? Get rid of cars so the tens of thousands we know will die in auto accidents don't. Policy around life and death concerns should be made in balance without appeals to emotion. Reduce deaths but not at all costs.


I'm advocating doing something, anything. Nothing worse than sitting back letting people die.

That's he problem, the "anything" portion of that. Doing something for the sake of doing anything is the exact definition of "knee jerk". Throwing a drowning person a brick is doing something.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
Robkwoods
Posts: 570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 4:50:18 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/15/2016 4:04:06 PM, KendoRe2 wrote:
Until we're all dead? The current stance on terror seems to be to issue a statement praying for the dead, let people make comments on social media, then wait a week until the next attack and do it all over. There's no end in sight

There is evil in the world, no law will change that. To live is to struggle. Some make it to 5 some make it to 100.

France is a bunch of possies. See WWII
This is what happens when you choose to ignore reality. When you choose to not fight, literally, back. If someone wants to destroy you, they will do so by all means necessary, unless you destroy them first.
Emilrose
Posts: 2,479
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 9:43:28 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/15/2016 4:04:06 PM, KendoRe2 wrote:
Until we're all dead? The current stance on terror seems to be to issue a statement praying for the dead, let people make comments on social media, then wait a week until the next attack and do it all over. There's no end in sight

And what exactly is it that you propose? If this is in reference to the Nice attacks--I agree that it's essentially one attack too many now but the only real way France can tackle it is through improving their intelligence and police work; by working on practical methods to prevent these atrocities.
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'
AnnaCzereda
Posts: 59
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 12:13:21 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
France by accepting so many Muslim immigrants, mostly from its former colonies, has nursed a viper on its bosom. Those immigrants or their children fail to assimilate, hate the country that seems to be culturally alien to them and get radicalized. Then, they either leave to fight in ISIS territories or organize terrorist attacks at home.

It's difficult to track down all the potential terrorists. It's impossible to control everyone. The terrorist in Nice had a criminal record but he was a petty criminal. Again, there are plenty of petty criminals and it's hard to keep an eye on everybody. However, he said to the policeman when he parked a lorry that he delivered ice-creams. And they believed him. They should have checked. Perhaps, they relaxed too much after the successful Euro. The prolonged state of emergency could also tire the police, the army and security services.
He wished to turn his countenance from the smoldering rubble, but saw from amidst the embers that a few chaff would not burn away. To these, he stared into the eye of God sneering, and called them, 'Promethean.'
KendoRe2
Posts: 126
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 5:57:57 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/15/2016 9:43:28 PM, Emilrose wrote:
At 7/15/2016 4:04:06 PM, KendoRe2 wrote:
Until we're all dead? The current stance on terror seems to be to issue a statement praying for the dead, let people make comments on social media, then wait a week until the next attack and do it all over. There's no end in sight

And what exactly is it that you propose? If this is in reference to the Nice attacks--I agree that it's essentially one attack too many now but the only real way France can tackle it is through improving their intelligence and police work; by working on practical methods to prevent these atrocities.

I'm open. Tell me what to do. This is 2016, we shouldn't have to settle for "oh well people gonna die can't stop it."

The most basic right, to life, is the hardest to protect apparently. And that's crap
BrendanD19
Posts: 2,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 8:02:18 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/15/2016 4:22:21 PM, KendoRe2 wrote:
At 7/15/2016 4:19:11 PM, slo1 wrote:
At 7/15/2016 4:04:06 PM, KendoRe2 wrote:
Until we're all dead? The current stance on terror seems to be to issue a statement praying for the dead, let people make comments on social media, then wait a week until the next attack and do it all over. There's no end in sight

Pretty similar to how people feel with mass shootings and gun violence. Regardless the level of activity compared to enforcement ability in the US does not warrant knee jerk reaction and draconian violations of rights in either cases.


What about the right to live? People are having that taken away every day.

Especially Pakistani children who lose it to US drone strikes
KendoRe2
Posts: 126
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2016 12:07:26 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/16/2016 8:02:18 PM, BrendanD19 wrote:
At 7/15/2016 4:22:21 PM, KendoRe2 wrote:
At 7/15/2016 4:19:11 PM, slo1 wrote:
At 7/15/2016 4:04:06 PM, KendoRe2 wrote:
Until we're all dead? The current stance on terror seems to be to issue a statement praying for the dead, let people make comments on social media, then wait a week until the next attack and do it all over. There's no end in sight

Pretty similar to how people feel with mass shootings and gun violence. Regardless the level of activity compared to enforcement ability in the US does not warrant knee jerk reaction and draconian violations of rights in either cases.


What about the right to live? People are having that taken away every day.

Especially Pakistani children who lose it to US drone strikes

If you're a U.S. citizen and you feel that way, don't be a U.S. citizen anymore is the best solution to your problem.
BrendanD19
Posts: 2,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2016 12:15:16 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/17/2016 12:07:26 AM, KendoRe2 wrote:
At 7/16/2016 8:02:18 PM, BrendanD19 wrote:
At 7/15/2016 4:22:21 PM, KendoRe2 wrote:
At 7/15/2016 4:19:11 PM, slo1 wrote:
At 7/15/2016 4:04:06 PM, KendoRe2 wrote:
Until we're all dead? The current stance on terror seems to be to issue a statement praying for the dead, let people make comments on social media, then wait a week until the next attack and do it all over. There's no end in sight

Pretty similar to how people feel with mass shootings and gun violence. Regardless the level of activity compared to enforcement ability in the US does not warrant knee jerk reaction and draconian violations of rights in either cases.


What about the right to live? People are having that taken away every day.

Especially Pakistani children who lose it to US drone strikes

If you're a U.S. citizen and you feel that way, don't be a U.S. citizen anymore is the best solution to your problem.

Why should I, as a person who has lived in the middle of the US (no joke, I'm from Kansas) for my entire life, who's parents and grandparents are from this country, renounce my US citizenship simply because I disagree with the immoral actions undertaken by my government and policies by my government about which I disagree?
And How would renouncing my US citizenship solve the problems that I have with these policies when I have given up my right to vote?
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2016 12:21:53 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/17/2016 12:15:16 AM, BrendanD19 wrote:
At 7/17/2016 12:07:26 AM, KendoRe2 wrote:
At 7/16/2016 8:02:18 PM, BrendanD19 wrote:
At 7/15/2016 4:22:21 PM, KendoRe2 wrote:
At 7/15/2016 4:19:11 PM, slo1 wrote:
At 7/15/2016 4:04:06 PM, KendoRe2 wrote:
Until we're all dead? The current stance on terror seems to be to issue a statement praying for the dead, let people make comments on social media, then wait a week until the next attack and do it all over. There's no end in sight

Pretty similar to how people feel with mass shootings and gun violence. Regardless the level of activity compared to enforcement ability in the US does not warrant knee jerk reaction and draconian violations of rights in either cases.


What about the right to live? People are having that taken away every day.

Especially Pakistani children who lose it to US drone strikes

If you're a U.S. citizen and you feel that way, don't be a U.S. citizen anymore is the best solution to your problem.

Why should I, as a person who has lived in the middle of the US (no joke, I'm from Kansas) for my entire life, who's parents and grandparents are from this country, renounce my US citizenship simply because I disagree with the immoral actions undertaken by my government and policies by my government about which I disagree?
And How would renouncing my US citizenship solve the problems that I have with these policies when I have given up my right to vote?

It costs $10,000 to renounce American citizenship.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
BrendanD19
Posts: 2,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2016 12:38:21 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/17/2016 12:21:53 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 7/17/2016 12:15:16 AM, BrendanD19 wrote:
At 7/17/2016 12:07:26 AM, KendoRe2 wrote:
At 7/16/2016 8:02:18 PM, BrendanD19 wrote:
At 7/15/2016 4:22:21 PM, KendoRe2 wrote:
At 7/15/2016 4:19:11 PM, slo1 wrote:
At 7/15/2016 4:04:06 PM, KendoRe2 wrote:
Until we're all dead? The current stance on terror seems to be to issue a statement praying for the dead, let people make comments on social media, then wait a week until the next attack and do it all over. There's no end in sight

Pretty similar to how people feel with mass shootings and gun violence. Regardless the level of activity compared to enforcement ability in the US does not warrant knee jerk reaction and draconian violations of rights in either cases.


What about the right to live? People are having that taken away every day.

Especially Pakistani children who lose it to US drone strikes

If you're a U.S. citizen and you feel that way, don't be a U.S. citizen anymore is the best solution to your problem.

Why should I, as a person who has lived in the middle of the US (no joke, I'm from Kansas) for my entire life, who's parents and grandparents are from this country, renounce my US citizenship simply because I disagree with the immoral actions undertaken by my government and policies by my government about which I disagree?
And How would renouncing my US citizenship solve the problems that I have with these policies when I have given up my right to vote?

It costs $10,000 to renounce American citizenship.

Yet another reason to not do that. I do not have $10,000
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2016 12:40:07 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/17/2016 12:38:21 AM, BrendanD19 wrote:
At 7/17/2016 12:21:53 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 7/17/2016 12:15:16 AM, BrendanD19 wrote:
At 7/17/2016 12:07:26 AM, KendoRe2 wrote:
At 7/16/2016 8:02:18 PM, BrendanD19 wrote:
At 7/15/2016 4:22:21 PM, KendoRe2 wrote:
At 7/15/2016 4:19:11 PM, slo1 wrote:
At 7/15/2016 4:04:06 PM, KendoRe2 wrote:
Until we're all dead? The current stance on terror seems to be to issue a statement praying for the dead, let people make comments on social media, then wait a week until the next attack and do it all over. There's no end in sight

Pretty similar to how people feel with mass shootings and gun violence. Regardless the level of activity compared to enforcement ability in the US does not warrant knee jerk reaction and draconian violations of rights in either cases.


What about the right to live? People are having that taken away every day.

Especially Pakistani children who lose it to US drone strikes

If you're a U.S. citizen and you feel that way, don't be a U.S. citizen anymore is the best solution to your problem.

Why should I, as a person who has lived in the middle of the US (no joke, I'm from Kansas) for my entire life, who's parents and grandparents are from this country, renounce my US citizenship simply because I disagree with the immoral actions undertaken by my government and policies by my government about which I disagree?
And How would renouncing my US citizenship solve the problems that I have with these policies when I have given up my right to vote?

It costs $10,000 to renounce American citizenship.

Yet another reason to not do that. I do not have $10,000

Lol, neither do many individuals that would renounce citizenship. Idk a good reason to renounce citizenship other than simply moving and settling down into a different country.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
BrendanD19
Posts: 2,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2016 2:17:08 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/17/2016 12:40:07 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 7/17/2016 12:38:21 AM, BrendanD19 wrote:
At 7/17/2016 12:21:53 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 7/17/2016 12:15:16 AM, BrendanD19 wrote:
At 7/17/2016 12:07:26 AM, KendoRe2 wrote:
At 7/16/2016 8:02:18 PM, BrendanD19 wrote:
At 7/15/2016 4:22:21 PM, KendoRe2 wrote:
At 7/15/2016 4:19:11 PM, slo1 wrote:
At 7/15/2016 4:04:06 PM, KendoRe2 wrote:
Until we're all dead? The current stance on terror seems to be to issue a statement praying for the dead, let people make comments on social media, then wait a week until the next attack and do it all over. There's no end in sight

Pretty similar to how people feel with mass shootings and gun violence. Regardless the level of activity compared to enforcement ability in the US does not warrant knee jerk reaction and draconian violations of rights in either cases.


What about the right to live? People are having that taken away every day.

Especially Pakistani children who lose it to US drone strikes

If you're a U.S. citizen and you feel that way, don't be a U.S. citizen anymore is the best solution to your problem.

Why should I, as a person who has lived in the middle of the US (no joke, I'm from Kansas) for my entire life, who's parents and grandparents are from this country, renounce my US citizenship simply because I disagree with the immoral actions undertaken by my government and policies by my government about which I disagree?
And How would renouncing my US citizenship solve the problems that I have with these policies when I have given up my right to vote?

It costs $10,000 to renounce American citizenship.

Yet another reason to not do that. I do not have $10,000

Lol, neither do many individuals that would renounce citizenship. Idk a good reason to renounce citizenship other than simply moving and settling down into a different country.

And in some countries you don't even need to do that, because you get voting rights automatically as long as you are in the country legally
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2016 2:19:41 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/17/2016 2:17:08 AM, BrendanD19 wrote:
At 7/17/2016 12:40:07 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 7/17/2016 12:38:21 AM, BrendanD19 wrote:
At 7/17/2016 12:21:53 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 7/17/2016 12:15:16 AM, BrendanD19 wrote:
At 7/17/2016 12:07:26 AM, KendoRe2 wrote:
At 7/16/2016 8:02:18 PM, BrendanD19 wrote:
At 7/15/2016 4:22:21 PM, KendoRe2 wrote:
At 7/15/2016 4:19:11 PM, slo1 wrote:
At 7/15/2016 4:04:06 PM, KendoRe2 wrote:
Until we're all dead? The current stance on terror seems to be to issue a statement praying for the dead, let people make comments on social media, then wait a week until the next attack and do it all over. There's no end in sight

Pretty similar to how people feel with mass shootings and gun violence. Regardless the level of activity compared to enforcement ability in the US does not warrant knee jerk reaction and draconian violations of rights in either cases.


What about the right to live? People are having that taken away every day.

Especially Pakistani children who lose it to US drone strikes

If you're a U.S. citizen and you feel that way, don't be a U.S. citizen anymore is the best solution to your problem.

Why should I, as a person who has lived in the middle of the US (no joke, I'm from Kansas) for my entire life, who's parents and grandparents are from this country, renounce my US citizenship simply because I disagree with the immoral actions undertaken by my government and policies by my government about which I disagree?
And How would renouncing my US citizenship solve the problems that I have with these policies when I have given up my right to vote?

It costs $10,000 to renounce American citizenship.

Yet another reason to not do that. I do not have $10,000

Lol, neither do many individuals that would renounce citizenship. Idk a good reason to renounce citizenship other than simply moving and settling down into a different country.

And in some countries you don't even need to do that, because you get voting rights automatically as long as you are in the country legally

That's stupid. You should get voting rights after you're a citizen.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
BrendanD19
Posts: 2,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2016 2:36:56 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/17/2016 2:19:41 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 7/17/2016 2:17:08 AM, BrendanD19 wrote:
At 7/17/2016 12:40:07 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 7/17/2016 12:38:21 AM, BrendanD19 wrote:
At 7/17/2016 12:21:53 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 7/17/2016 12:15:16 AM, BrendanD19 wrote:
At 7/17/2016 12:07:26 AM, KendoRe2 wrote:
At 7/16/2016 8:02:18 PM, BrendanD19 wrote:
At 7/15/2016 4:22:21 PM, KendoRe2 wrote:
At 7/15/2016 4:19:11 PM, slo1 wrote:
At 7/15/2016 4:04:06 PM, KendoRe2 wrote:
Until we're all dead? The current stance on terror seems to be to issue a statement praying for the dead, let people make comments on social media, then wait a week until the next attack and do it all over. There's no end in sight

Pretty similar to how people feel with mass shootings and gun violence. Regardless the level of activity compared to enforcement ability in the US does not warrant knee jerk reaction and draconian violations of rights in either cases.


What about the right to live? People are having that taken away every day.

Especially Pakistani children who lose it to US drone strikes

If you're a U.S. citizen and you feel that way, don't be a U.S. citizen anymore is the best solution to your problem.

Why should I, as a person who has lived in the middle of the US (no joke, I'm from Kansas) for my entire life, who's parents and grandparents are from this country, renounce my US citizenship simply because I disagree with the immoral actions undertaken by my government and policies by my government about which I disagree?
And How would renouncing my US citizenship solve the problems that I have with these policies when I have given up my right to vote?

It costs $10,000 to renounce American citizenship.

Yet another reason to not do that. I do not have $10,000

Lol, neither do many individuals that would renounce citizenship. Idk a good reason to renounce citizenship other than simply moving and settling down into a different country.

And in some countries you don't even need to do that, because you get voting rights automatically as long as you are in the country legally

That's stupid. You should get voting rights after you're a citizen.

Well in my opinion if you pay taxes you should be able to vote. However I place heavy emphasis on democracy while you do not
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2016 2:37:31 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/17/2016 2:36:56 AM, BrendanD19 wrote:
At 7/17/2016 2:19:41 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 7/17/2016 2:17:08 AM, BrendanD19 wrote:
At 7/17/2016 12:40:07 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 7/17/2016 12:38:21 AM, BrendanD19 wrote:
At 7/17/2016 12:21:53 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 7/17/2016 12:15:16 AM, BrendanD19 wrote:
At 7/17/2016 12:07:26 AM, KendoRe2 wrote:
At 7/16/2016 8:02:18 PM, BrendanD19 wrote:
At 7/15/2016 4:22:21 PM, KendoRe2 wrote:
At 7/15/2016 4:19:11 PM, slo1 wrote:
At 7/15/2016 4:04:06 PM, KendoRe2 wrote:
Until we're all dead? The current stance on terror seems to be to issue a statement praying for the dead, let people make comments on social media, then wait a week until the next attack and do it all over. There's no end in sight

Pretty similar to how people feel with mass shootings and gun violence. Regardless the level of activity compared to enforcement ability in the US does not warrant knee jerk reaction and draconian violations of rights in either cases.


What about the right to live? People are having that taken away every day.

Especially Pakistani children who lose it to US drone strikes

If you're a U.S. citizen and you feel that way, don't be a U.S. citizen anymore is the best solution to your problem.

Why should I, as a person who has lived in the middle of the US (no joke, I'm from Kansas) for my entire life, who's parents and grandparents are from this country, renounce my US citizenship simply because I disagree with the immoral actions undertaken by my government and policies by my government about which I disagree?
And How would renouncing my US citizenship solve the problems that I have with these policies when I have given up my right to vote?

It costs $10,000 to renounce American citizenship.

Yet another reason to not do that. I do not have $10,000

Lol, neither do many individuals that would renounce citizenship. Idk a good reason to renounce citizenship other than simply moving and settling down into a different country.

And in some countries you don't even need to do that, because you get voting rights automatically as long as you are in the country legally

That's stupid. You should get voting rights after you're a citizen.

Well in my opinion if you pay taxes you should be able to vote. However I place heavy emphasis on democracy while you do not

Correct, I'm a Republican Minarchist, meaning I want a tiny tiny government with a Constitutional Republic system.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.