Jump to topic:

TRUMP: "SECOND THOUGHTS ABOUT PENCE" nac

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 10:02:27 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
CNN is saying that Trump is having second thoughts about Pence. Maybe he realized how disasterously stupid that call would have been.

Trump should pick Christie, the dude form Ohio, or Newt.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 10:07:52 PM
I'll add this:

Trump will lose if he picks Mike Pence, for the same reason, as Subutai correctly observed, that McCain lost with Palin, and Romney lost with Ryan.

GOP candidates keep making the same stupid mistakes over and over and over.

Trump has to pick someone who is on brand; someone who isn't going to drag him down and make him look like a liar and a hypocrite.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 10:12:22 PM
This is the world with Pence:

"Trump says he's about revamping american jobs, but he picked the guy who let Carrier go to Mexico."

"Tump says he's going to make America great again, but look at Indiana! Mike Pence couldn't even keep Carrier in Indiana, and THIS is the guy Trump is looking towards to help him make America great again? THIS is the best he can do?"

"Trump doesn't give a sh!t about you, which you know because Trump picked the one guy who sat by and did nothing while jobs left the state of Indiana for Mexico DURING THIS ELECTION PRIMARY!"

"If Trump picks Pence as his VP, what kind of screwball will he put in the supreme court?"

The attacks go on and on. Pence is the WORST possible pick he could have made other than Todd Adkins, Tom Cotton, etc. Low energy Jeb Bush or Lyin' Ted would have been better, and--from me, who hates both of them--that is really saying something.

Bottom line is that Trump got screwed by the Establishment and the Svengalis in his campaign now that Lewandowski is gone. Lewandowski, even if he is a crack pot, knows better than to do this stupid sh!t.
Tsar of DDO
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 10:16:40 PM
At 7/15/2016 10:02:27 PM, YYW wrote:
CNN is saying that Trump is having second thoughts about Pence. Maybe he realized how disasterously stupid that call would have been.

MSNBC was reporting the same. It looks very bad that he didn't get through the night without second guessing the choice. The damn convention is starting next week, and this is the status? His campaign is a wreck.
Ramshutu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 10:19:29 PM
At 7/15/2016 10:07:52 PM, YYW wrote:
Trump has to pick someone who is on brand; someone who isn't going to drag him down and make him look like a liar and a hypocrite.

Aren't those two mutually exclusive?
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 10:19:36 PM
At 7/15/2016 10:16:40 PM, TBR wrote:

MSNBC was reporting the same. It looks very bad that he didn't get through the night without second guessing the choice. The damn convention is starting next week, and this is the status? His campaign is a wreck.

It does look terrible, but not nearly as terrible as picking disgusting piece of sh_t Mike Pence.
Tsar of DDO
ironslippers
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 10:26:20 PM

I agree with your thoughts on Pence.
Trump has slowly been losing any support from myself since he attacked judge Curiel. Trump has had enough time to show an inkling of his great abilities in unifying the Republican Party
Everyone stands on their own dung hill and speaks out about someone else's - Nathan Krusemark
Its easier to criticize and hate than it is to support and create - I Ron Slippers
ironslippers
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 10:28:14 PM
At 7/15/2016 10:26:20 PM, ironslippers wrote:

Trump has slowly been losing any support from myself since he attacked judge Curiel. Trump has had enough time to show an inkling of his great abilities in unifying the Republican Party

What does nac mean?
Everyone stands on their own dung hill and speaks out about someone else's - Nathan Krusemark
Its easier to criticize and hate than it is to support and create - I Ron Slippers
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 10:29:01 PM
At 7/15/2016 10:19:36 PM, YYW wrote:
At 7/15/2016 10:16:40 PM, TBR wrote:

It does look terrible, but not nearly as terrible as picking disgusting piece of sh_t Mike Pence.

I agree Pene is a total d1ck, but that was the choice. Trump simply can't keep selling this "great businessman - great decision maker" mantra when he clearly sucks hard.

Pence would be a fool to even stay on the ticket now. No matter what, its going to be hard to sell this the way Trump needs to coming into the convention.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 10:29:22 PM
At 7/15/2016 10:28:14 PM, ironslippers wrote:
At 7/15/2016 10:26:20 PM, ironslippers wrote:

What does nac mean?

not all caps
Tsar of DDO
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 10:31:05 PM
This is the defining moment for Trump. Does he go the way of party politics? Or does he make his own rules?

Last chance for redemption....
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 10:39:58 PM
At 7/15/2016 10:31:05 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
This is the defining moment for Trump. Does he go the way of party politics? Or does he make his own rules?

No. That would have been last night before he announced (Via Twitter like child he is).

There is no way out of this without loss of face. There is no way for Pence to stay IN without loss of face. Trump makes a mess of even the simple stuff. He can't write a damn press-release without making himself the fool
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 10:48:54 PM
At 7/15/2016 10:39:58 PM, TBR wrote:

No. That would have been last night before he announced (Via Twitter like child he is).

There is no way out of this without loss of face. There is no way for Pence to stay IN without loss of face. Trump makes a mess of even the simple stuff. He can't write a damn press-release without making himself the fool

I have faith!
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 10:53:52 PM

Yeah, there is a way...

What he says is this:

"I was feeling boxed in by the people in my campaign, and the pressure I was getting from the RNC. They forced me to take Mike Pence, and I thought that I didn't have a choice. But I have a choice, and I am choosing who I think is best for the country and NOT who the establishment hacks at the RNC wants to shove down my throat and force upon you. I am not picking Mike Pence. I will pick someone else and that may take until the convention, but I will not pick someone who does not stand with you, America. I will pick someone who can help me make America great again."
Tsar of DDO
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 11:02:10 PM
At 7/15/2016 10:12:22 PM, YYW wrote:

"Trump says he's about revamping american jobs, but he picked the guy who let Carrier go to Mexico."

"Tump says he's going to make America great again, but look at Indiana! Mike Pence couldn't even keep Carrier in Indiana, and THIS is the guy Trump is looking towards to help him make America great again? THIS is the best he can do?"

"Trump doesn't give a sh!t about you, which you know because Trump picked the one guy who sat by and did nothing while jobs left the state of Indiana for Mexico DURING THIS ELECTION PRIMARY!"

"If Trump picks Pence as his VP, what kind of screwball will he put in the supreme court?"

The attacks go on and on. Pence is the WORST possible pick he could have made other than Todd Adkins, Tom Cotton, etc. Low energy Jeb Bush or Lyin' Ted would have been better, and--from me, who hates both of them--that is really saying something.

Bottom line is that Trump got screwed by the Establishment and the Svengalis in his campaign now that Lewandowski is gone. Lewandowski, even if he is a crack pot, knows better than to do this stupid sh!t.

Not to mention Pence has backed every free trade deal in the past 15 years, and Trump's thing is free trade.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 11:02:52 PM
At 7/15/2016 11:02:10 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 7/15/2016 10:12:22 PM, YYW wrote:

Not to mention Pence has backed every free trade deal in the past 15 years, and Trump's thing is free trade.

Cupcake, you are right again.
Tsar of DDO
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 11:05:19 PM
At 7/15/2016 10:53:52 PM, YYW wrote:

Yeah, there is a way...

What he says is this:

"I was feeling boxed in by the people in my campaign, and the pressure I was getting from the RNC. They forced me to take Mike Pence, and I thought that I didn't have a choice. But I have a choice, and I am choosing who I think is best for the country and NOT who the establishment hacks at the RNC wants to shove down my throat and force upon you. I am not picking Mike Pence. I will pick someone else and that may take until the convention, but I will not pick someone who does not stand with you, America. I will pick someone who can help me make America great again."

And that would work for you? Really, I am asking. That sounds so damn weak. Is he the decisive successful leader - willing to trust his own gut. The Trump persona that people love, or the one that bent to the will of the establishment, and later thought better of it?

Nah. He is stuck either way he turns now. His best bet is to ditch him, but its a mess regardless. Want to be Newt stepping on stage as the second choice? Newt is an a$$, but he is smart as hell, I don't think HE would take it now.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 11:06:32 PM
At 7/15/2016 11:05:19 PM, TBR wrote:
At 7/15/2016 10:53:52 PM, YYW wrote:

Yeah, there is a way...

What he says is this:

And that would work for you? Really, I am asking. That sounds so damn weak. Is he the decisive successful leader - willing to trust his own gut. The Trump persona that people love, or the one that bent to the will of the establishment, and later thought better of it?

It's the best he can do with this fuckedup situation.

Nah. He is stuck either way he turns now. His best bet is to ditch him, but its a mess regardless. Want to be Newt stepping on stage as the second choice? Newt is an a$$, but he is smart as hell, I don't think HE would take it now.

I agree this is going to hurt him.
Tsar of DDO
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 11:07:05 PM
At 7/15/2016 10:48:54 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

I have faith!

In what? Trumps clear incompetence? Lack of decision making skills? In ability to keep a straight line for more than 24 hours?
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 11:42:55 PM
At 7/15/2016 11:07:05 PM, TBR wrote:
At 7/15/2016 10:48:54 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

I have faith!

In what? Trumps clear incompetence? Lack of decision making skills? In ability to keep a straight line for more than 24 hours?

I don't mind having to wait for the sequel to see how the revolution against the establishment pans out.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 11:54:23 PM
Seems like he's going ahead with it anyway.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 12:32:38 AM
At 7/15/2016 11:54:23 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

I think he is going to have to at this point.
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 1:19:52 AM
Interesting...Trump wanted Christie but did not choose him because Christie prosecuted the father of Trump's son in law.

"Trump told others that he had favored New Jersey Governor Chris Christie, but could not choose him because of his own family loyalty. Christie, as U.S. Attorney, prosecuted Charles Kushner, the father of Trump's son-in-law and close advisor Jared Kushner. Multiple sources said Kushner strongly opposed Christie as the running mate. Working with Christie behind the scenes on the transition team and strategy is one thing, but Kushner could not accept Christie as the running mate."

http://www.nbcnews.com...
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 1:26:02 AM
At 7/16/2016 1:21:58 AM, Geographia wrote:

If Trump somehow manages to change his veep to Christie, would you vote for him?

Yes and I think most would.

I figured the whole bad blood between Christie and Donald Trump's son in law's father had some influence in the matter. Christie was a US Attorney, and it was his job to prosecute criminals, which Trump's son in law's father is.
Tsar of DDO
Geographia
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 1:29:15 AM
At 7/16/2016 1:26:02 AM, YYW wrote:

If Trump somehow manages to change his veep to Christie, would you vote for him?

I figured the whole bad blood between Christie and Donald Trump's son in law's father had some influence in the matter. Christie was a US Attorney, and it was his job to prosecute criminals, which Trump's son in law's father is.

These last 72 hours done more to change my mind about Trump, than the primaries. Good lord, what a blunder.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 1:31:18 AM
At 7/16/2016 1:29:15 AM, Geographia wrote:
At 7/16/2016 1:26:02 AM, YYW wrote:

These last 72 hours done more to change my mind about Trump, than the primaries. Good lord, what a blunder.

Same
Tsar of DDO
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 1:46:41 AM
At 7/16/2016 12:32:38 AM, TBR wrote:

Well, that's the end of the show folks, nothing to see here.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 1:55:16 AM
At 7/16/2016 1:46:41 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 7/16/2016 12:32:38 AM, TBR wrote:

Well, that's the end of the show folks, nothing to see here.

Nothing is set in stone
Tsar of DDO
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 2:53:02 AM
I knew Gingrich was out of the running the moment he gave Trump sh*t about the Latino judge overseeing the Trump University trial.... But I thought Trump would ultimately go with Palin
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015