Jump to topic:

Penetrating

slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 5:47:17 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
I will admit that I saw Trump's logo before all the news and the first thing I thought was about Trump penetrating his VP.

However with that said it is very sad that when the day is done and it is clear the American people don't judge president candidates on their character. Integrity, capability, and stance on issues.

I was expecting back lash here about how this is just nothing but identity politics trying to characterize someone unscrupulously. I do think it is a faux pas, but there is much much more out there demonstrating the lack of integrity and capability that Trump possesses.

It is pretty damn funny faux pas though.
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 5:50:36 PM
At 7/16/2016 5:47:17 PM, slo1 wrote:
I will admit that I saw Trump's logo before all the news and the first thing I thought was about Trump penetrating his VP.

However with that said it is very sad that when the day is done and it is clear the American people don't judge president candidates on their character. Integrity, capability, and stance on issues.

I was expecting back lash here about how this is just nothing but identity politics trying to characterize someone unscrupulously. I do think it is a faux pas, but there is much much more out there demonstrating the lack of integrity and capability that Trump possesses.

It shows the Democrat's desperation that they must make fun of a logo for someone's campaign.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
RookieApologist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 6:12:07 PM

I find the title of your OP very offensive and ask that you take it down please. Otherwise, I will have to do at least one of the following:

1) Protest in the streets and potentially get arrested for emphasis
2) Be invited to the White House for a sit down with the President to discuss the offensiveness of this title
3) Contact the OTLG (Offensive Title Lawyer Group) to sue you for hurting my feelings, to which they will obviously get the judge to fine you to the sum of at least enough to make you go out of business so you can't hurt anyone else's feelings.
4) Make you attend a lecture on the importance of micro-aggressions
5) Make you write, "I will not offend others on DDO through the use of offending titles" on a chalk board 1,000 times, followed by a lecture on the importance of micro-aggressions
6) Insist that you create a YouTube video on the importance of not using offensive titles on DDO, and throwing in some white privilege information just for the heck of it, since obviously it's the white male Christian's fault that you were brought up in such a way as to be prone to creating offensive titles.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 6:12:42 PM
At 7/16/2016 5:50:36 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:

It shows the Democrat's desperation that they must make fun of a logo for someone's campaign.

No, it shows that Trump is f*cking the details. He can't be called this master of business, and miss the obvious details like this. Branding is very important, Trump should know that, and he made a obvious mistake.
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 6:14:54 PM
At 7/16/2016 6:12:42 PM, TBR wrote:

No, it shows that Trump is f*cking the details. He can't be called this master of business, and miss the obvious details like this. Branding is very important, Trump should know that, and he made a obvious mistake.

Yes, and the Democrats capitalizing on this shows their total desperation. I don't think that the first thing going through the artist's mind was "this can be taken as a phallic joke".

And just so you know, Trump wasn't the one that made that logo.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 6:15:34 PM

A very aristocratic establishment take.
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 6:44:38 PM

Hillary took flack for hers too.
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 6:45:25 PM
At 7/16/2016 6:44:38 PM, slo1 wrote:

Hillary took flack for hers too.

Oh yeah, she did.

slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 6:52:18 PM
At 7/16/2016 6:15:34 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

What does that say about Trump once again relenting to the establishment then?
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 6:53:08 PM
At 7/16/2016 6:52:18 PM, slo1 wrote:
At 7/16/2016 6:15:34 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

What does that say about Trump once again relenting to the establishment then?

The revolution will come. Be patient. Lock your doors.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 6:55:15 PM
At 7/16/2016 6:14:54 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:

Yes, and the Democrats capitalizing on this shows their total desperation. I don't think that the first thing going through the artist's mind was "this can be taken as a phallic joke".
He should have. When you create a logo for a professional endeavor, yea you have to think about this stuff.

He hired (remember, he is going to get 'great people' 'only the best') the guy - it is Trump responsibility to make the decisions. Can't just run from this, and blame the artiest - its his campaign.
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 6:57:10 PM
At 7/16/2016 6:55:15 PM, TBR wrote:

He should have. When you create a logo for a professional endeavor, yea you have to think about this stuff.

Agreed.

He hired (remember, he is going to get 'great people' 'only the best') the guy - it is Trump responsibility to make the decisions. Can't just run from this, and blame the artiest - its his campaign.

That's true, but I don't think a 70 year old man is "cultured" enough to think of a penis joke as the first thing that comes to mind.

TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 7:11:00 PM
At 7/16/2016 6:57:10 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:

Agreed.

That's true, but I don't think a 70 year old man is "cultured" enough to think of a penis joke as the first thing that comes to mind.

Do you really think penis jokes are a new thing?
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 7:12:02 PM

Oh yes. It's the most homoerotic presidential campaign logo in the history of presidential campaign logos.

Tsar of DDO
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 7:23:53 PM
At 7/16/2016 7:11:00 PM, TBR wrote:

Agreed.

No, they aren't. Finding a penis joke in everything IS a new thing.

desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 7:32:33 PM
At 7/16/2016 7:23:53 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:

Agreed.

Hardly surprising given that Trump is a complete dick.
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 7:35:07 PM
At 7/16/2016 7:32:33 PM, desmac wrote:
At 7/16/2016 7:23:53 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:

Agreed.

Hardly surprising given that Trump is a complete dick.

He's a nice guy.

Geographia
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 7:36:56 PM

Trump shat the bed by trying to scurry back on his veep pick. That is why he nearly lost my vote.
BrendanD19
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 7:37:39 PM

No, it's just funny. Remember all the Jokes about Hillary's logo? Jokes that is looked like the World Trade Center, Jokes about the Arrow showing Hillarys real leanings, etc.
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 7:38:02 PM
At 7/16/2016 7:37:39 PM, BrendanD19 wrote:

No, it's just funny. Remember all the Jokes about Hillary's logo? Jokes that is looked like the World Trade Center, Jokes about the Arrow showing Hillarys real leanings, etc.

Oh yeah, those were hilarious.

BrendanD19
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 7:38:22 PM

It's still funny
BrendanD19
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 7:39:05 PM
At 7/16/2016 7:38:02 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:

And the Trump ones are no different
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 7:39:25 PM
At 7/16/2016 7:38:22 PM, BrendanD19 wrote:

It's still funny

Gary Johnson put up one where one of the red lines would go up and down to simulate having sex.

bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 7:39:44 PM
At 7/16/2016 7:39:05 PM, BrendanD19 wrote:

They're coming from lefties, so it's no longer funny.

BrendanD19
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 7:40:13 PM

Agreed.

This is the guy who bragged about his penis size during a republican debate.
BrendanD19
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 7:41:11 PM
At 7/16/2016 7:39:44 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:

Ask the right wingers who also hate trump
BrendanD19
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 7:42:28 PM
At 7/16/2016 7:39:25 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:

It's still funny

Gary Johnson put up one where one of the red lines would go up and down to simulate having sex.

I saw, that was pretty good. And Johnson is not really a lefty.
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 7:43:23 PM
At 7/16/2016 7:40:13 PM, BrendanD19 wrote:

Agreed.

This is the guy who bragged about his penis size during a republican debate.

He had to defend himself.

bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 7:44:13 PM
At 7/16/2016 7:41:11 PM, BrendanD19 wrote:
At 7/16/2016 7:39:44 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:

Ask the right wingers who also hate trump

That's akin to the Gary Johnson comment I made. His group is really having a field day.

bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 7:44:52 PM
At 7/16/2016 7:42:28 PM, BrendanD19 wrote:
At 7/16/2016 7:39:25 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:

It's still funny

I saw, that was pretty good. And Johnson is not really a lefty.

He's a Libertarian, so fiscally conservative (more conservative than all the other candidates running) and socially liberal.