Jump to topic:

What to expect from RNC.

slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2016 2:50:53 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
Beyond the obvious such as Hillary or decreasing taxes here as some items to watch for.

1. Gross over simplification of Islamic terrorism by being solely focused on ISIS.

2. Importance of SCOTUS nomination to move back to social conservatism with gay marriage, abortion regulation, etc.

3. Immigration, immigration, immigration. Watch to see how much southern border security is overshadowed by legal immigration. Is there a shift in priority?

4. Protecting Christians and Christian issues will be a minor but frequent topic.

5. 2nd amendment rehtoric will get overshadowed with police protection which fingers the latest violence on BLM.

What else?
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2016 2:55:53 AM
At 7/18/2016 2:50:53 AM, slo1 wrote:
Beyond the obvious such as Hillary or decreasing taxes here as some items to watch for.

1. Gross over simplification of Islamic terrorism by being solely focused on ISIS.

We're gonna knock the hell out of ISIS!

2. Importance of SCOTUS nomination to move back to social conservatism with gay marriage, abortion regulation, etc.

We're going to replace Scalia with someone even more homophobic, backwards, and prejudiced!

3. Immigration, immigration, immigration. Watch to see how much southern border security is overshadowed by legal immigration. Is there a shift in priority?

They're sending rapists and killers!

4. Protecting Christians and Christian issues will be a minor but frequent topic.

When I am president, you will be saying Merry Christmas!

5. 2nd amendment rehtoric will get overshadowed with police protection which fingers the latest violence on BLM.

It's time to label BlackLivesMatter a terrorist group!
Tsar of DDO
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2016 3:04:25 AM
At 7/18/2016 2:55:53 AM, YYW wrote:

We're going to replace Scalia with someone even more homophobic, backwards, and prejudiced!

that's some strong bait!
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2016 3:06:16 AM
At 7/18/2016 3:04:25 AM, Greyparrot wrote:

that's some strong bait!

I should come with a trigger warning.
Tsar of DDO
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2016 4:58:10 AM
At 7/18/2016 4:43:36 AM, Geographia wrote:
At 7/18/2016 3:06:16 AM, YYW wrote:

I don't know if you're a dem or a rep. What are you?

Both?
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2016 5:26:19 AM

He is neither. Because Dems have been overwhelmed with the regressives and the Reps are still full of archaic traditionalists.
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2016 1:28:34 PM
The Cleveland police have asked for a temporary ban to open carry around RNC.

There are 2nd amendment guys with AR 15 on backs 40 feet from kids playing in a water fountain. I don't use that picture as an appeal to emotion but rather a situation where police may have a very difficult time determining who is good or bad in an active shooter situation.

I hope the RNC and everyone involved regardless of sides remains safe. This is volatile situation and there is only time before the anti BLM fever produces anot attack against protesters and we have already seen too many crazys targeting police.
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2016 1:59:08 PM

The other nugget to watch on this is the impact on Hispanic relations. Republicans can shift to Islamic immigration, still create the fear, and appeal to their base while not triggering signals that they are anti hispanic.

There will be very little about the wall.

However will there be any shift towards immigration reform and a path to citizenship for Mexicans? It would make more sense as to why Pence is on the ticket as he has supported immigration reform.
KendoRe2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2016 3:00:57 PM

I hate liberals, just like you hate white people. Merry Christmas lib
KendoRe2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2016 3:02:36 PM
At 7/18/2016 5:26:19 AM, Greyparrot wrote:

He is neither. Because Dems have been overwhelmed with the regressives and the Reps are still full of archaic traditionalists.

So white straight people are archaic and need to be done away with? So you want me to change my color and orientation?
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2016 4:27:35 PM
At 7/18/2016 3:02:36 PM, KendoRe2 wrote:

So white straight people are archaic and need to be done away with? So you want me to change my color and orientation?

How about you stop identifying as a whitey, and start identifying as an American?
That's a radical thought.
KendoRe2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2016 4:39:09 PM
At 7/18/2016 4:27:35 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

How about you stop identifying as a whitey, and start identifying as an American?

Tell that to BLM. Oh, wait. That would be insensitive, but I'm white therefore I don't matter. Racist.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2016 4:57:24 PM
At 7/18/2016 4:39:09 PM, KendoRe2 wrote:

Tell that to BLM. Oh, wait. That would be insensitive, but I'm white therefore I don't matter. Racist.

You should tell that to BLM, and yourself.
BrendanD19
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2016 5:40:40 PM

What else?

Free Market Fundamentalism, Worship of Ayn Rand, Warmongering Jingoism
BrendanD19
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2016 5:41:40 PM

I think you mean reactionaries
BrendanD19
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2016 5:53:15 PM

1) If you hear "Black Lives Matter" and think that it means that ONLY black lives matter, then we have a problem. We are not saying that other lives do not matter, but we are saying that our society does not treat Black lives as if they matter, and so we are trying to make black lives matter in our society as well. We use the slogan "Black lives matter" because the slogan "Black Lives matter just all other lives matter, however, our society does not seem to recognize this" was too long.
2) If you are telling black people to stop fighting for their rights because you don't like it, then yes, you are a racist.
BrendanD19
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2016 5:55:38 PM
At 7/18/2016 1:59:08 PM, slo1 wrote:

The other nugget to watch on this is the impact on Hispanic relations. Republicans can shift to Islamic immigration, still create the fear, and appeal to their base while not triggering signals that they are anti hispanic.

However will there be any shift towards immigration reform and a path to citizenship for Mexicans? It would make more sense as to why Pence is on the ticket as he has supported immigration reform.

I doubt it, Pence is on there to appease the Religious Wing and the Establishment Wing at the same time.
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2016 11:25:42 PM
At 7/18/2016 5:55:38 PM, BrendanD19 wrote:
At 7/18/2016 1:59:08 PM, slo1 wrote:

I doubt it, Pence is on there to appease the Religious Wing and the Establishment Wing at the same time.

You are right. Wishful thinking on my part.
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2016 11:50:53 AM
At 7/18/2016 5:53:15 PM, BrendanD19 wrote:

1) If you hear "Black Lives Matter" and think that it means that ONLY black lives matter, then we have a problem. We are not saying that other lives do not matter, but we are saying that our society does not treat Black lives as if they matter, and so we are trying to make black lives matter in our society as well. We use the slogan "Black lives matter" because the slogan "Black Lives matter just all other lives matter, however, our society does not seem to recognize this" was too long.
2) If you are telling black people to stop fighting for their rights because you don't like it, then yes, you are a racist.

It really is a simple concept, although it seems people can't get the, "what about me" , out of their head.

Use the girl who sued University of Texas for letting something like 3 blacks in who were less qualified than her. Apparently she didn't have a problem with the 80 or 90 whites that were less qualified than her but got in the school.

People have a hard time getting out of the what's in it for me thinking and they build all these false narratives to support their view point.