Jump to topic:

Trump president in name only?

TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2016 5:25:20 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
When Kasich"s adviser asked how this would be the case, Donald Jr. explained that his father"s vice president would be in charge of domestic and foreign policy.

http://www.nytimes.com...

The guy thinks that being president is only ribbon-cutting and screeching at the masses.
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2016 5:33:20 PM
At 7/20/2016 5:25:20 PM, TBR wrote:
When Kasich"s adviser asked how this would be the case, Donald Jr. explained that his father"s vice president would be in charge of domestic and foreign policy.

The guy thinks that being president is only ribbon-cutting and screeching at the masses.

I don't really even know what to say about this. I always had the feeling that Donald would keep running is company covertly, if he became president.

I guess delegating foreign and domestic policy to the VP would give him plenty of lime. Lol.
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2016 5:35:44 PM

Also over deligating and not getting involved in day to day stuff makes his propensity of knee jerk reactions even more dangerous because he would lack critical understandings.
BrendanD19
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2016 5:41:47 PM

I was just thinking the same thing. I turned on the TV, it was set to MSNBC and they were saying, Trump and Pence, have their strengths, and I jokingly thought "yeah, Trump can Campaign while Pence can Govern". And then it dawned on me, that may not be as much of a joke as I initially thought
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2016 5:50:46 PM
At 7/20/2016 5:41:47 PM, BrendanD19 wrote:

I was just thinking the same thing. I turned on the TV, it was set to MSNBC and they were saying, Trump and Pence, have their strengths, and I jokingly thought "yeah, Trump can Campaign while Pence can Govern". And then it dawned on me, that may not be as much of a joke as I initially thought

How supporters can be so cynical about "politicians" and just blast past that the only quality Trump has IS running for office.
BrendanD19
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2016 5:53:43 PM
At 7/20/2016 5:50:46 PM, TBR wrote:
At 7/20/2016 5:41:47 PM, BrendanD19 wrote:

I was just thinking the same thing. I turned on the TV, it was set to MSNBC and they were saying, Drumpf and Pence, have their strengths, and I jokingly thought "yeah, Drumpf can Campaign while Pence can Govern". And then it dawned on me, that may not be as much of a joke as I initially thought

How supporters can be so cynical about "politicians" and just blast past that the only quality Drumpf has IS running for office.

I know right? I vote for policies, not personalities
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2016 5:58:11 PM
At 7/20/2016 5:35:44 PM, slo1 wrote:

Also over deligating and not getting involved in day to day stuff makes his propensity of knee jerk reactions even more dangerous because he would lack critical understandings.

Yup. If he decided to "jump in" at the last min - it would STILL be his choice to make.

They said this of Bush too. If you are incapable of working to absorb the material given to you, what you are doing IS being the "decider". Obama, for example, is using the brains of many to filter a decision.

Regardless, this is just about as low as a serious president could be, and I lived through Bush.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2016 7:25:25 PM

Alternatively, the campaign had no real intention of delegating those powers to the VP and Donald Jr. lied in order to get Kasich on board.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2016 7:29:28 PM
At 7/20/2016 7:25:25 PM, 000ike wrote:

Alternatively, the campaign had no real intention of delegating those powers to the VP and Donald Jr. lied in order to get Kasich on board.

Lets see... Either he is a lying a$$, or he has no intention of actually doing the job. Don;t know or care which it is, but both are very Trump.
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2016 9:33:58 PM

http://www.slate.com...

Yeah, I saw that Trump offered Kasich the job as President, while Trump would have the title of President.

Anyone who supports Trump is either as dumb as Sh!t, easily manipulated, or has no integrity whatsoever.

Trump knows he would be an awful President, but wants the job just for the glory. Having an ingnoramus in charge would worsen many lives not just in America but in the world. Further, every other politician would have to work twice as hard to pick up the slack of Trump. It is inexcusable to be a Trump supporter.
idoubtit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2016 12:43:04 AM
At 7/20/2016 7:29:28 PM, TBR wrote:

Lets see... Either he is a lying a$$, or he has no intention of actually doing the job. Don;t know or care which it is, but both are very Trump.

There is another possibility. Trump didn't reach the level of success he has today by doing all of the work himself. His strength is that he's a good manager, he puts the right people in charge for the right job, he has good instincts in getting to the root of a problem. He's the big picture guy, which is what is needed for the job of president, not the sweat over the details guy, which is for those he designates.
idoubtit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2016 12:48:15 AM
At 7/20/2016 9:33:58 PM, twocupcakes wrote:

Funny, that's what I was going to say about Hillary and Bernie.

Yeah, I saw that Trump offered Kasich the job as President, while Trump would have the title of President.

Anyone who supports Trump is either as dumb as Sh!t, easily manipulated, or has no integrity whatsoever.

I assure you, none of those apply to me or any other Trump supporter I've encountered. But keep talking, you're making an excellent impression.

Trump knows he would be an awful President, but wants the job just for the glory. Having an ingnoramus in charge would worsen many lives not just in America but in the world. Further, every other politician would have to work twice as hard to pick up the slack of Trump. It is inexcusable to be a Trump supporter.

It's "ignoramus".
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2016 12:52:45 AM
At 7/21/2016 12:43:04 AM, idoubtit wrote:

There is another possibility. Trump didn't reach the level of success he has today by doing all of the work himself.
We have little proof of this success. Most agree that his net worth is inflated by 2-3x. Further, his successes that are real and known are matched by huge failure

His strength is that he's a good manager, he puts the right people in charge for the right job,
Absolutely no proof of this. His campaign is a mess, many of his other businesses are broke or being sued.

he has good instincts in getting to the root of a problem. He's the big picture guy, which is what is needed for the job of president, not the sweat over the details guy, which is for those he designates.

This makes me laugh, and be sad. You have no business voting
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2016 1:04:53 AM

I assure you, none of those apply to me or any other Trump supporter I've encountered. But keep talking, you're making an excellent impression.

It's "ignoramus".

Trump clearly just wants the Presidency for the glory. He offered Kasich Presidential duties, as long as Trump can take all the glory and credit. He has ludicrous policies like building a wall. He has taken almost every position on policy in his short time as a politician. He is not even transparent enough to release his tax returns. His supporters are the same kind of people who would waste their life savings on Trump University. How can you justify voting for Trump. Regardless of policy, he has less integrity than almost any other politician.
idoubtit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2016 1:09:24 AM
At 7/21/2016 12:52:45 AM, TBR wrote:

There is another possibility. Trump didn't reach the level of success he has today by doing all of the work himself.
We have little proof of this success. Most agree that his net worth is inflated by 2-3x. Further, his successes that are real and known are matched by huge failure

His strength is that he's a good manager, he puts the right people in charge for the right job,
Absolutely no proof of this. His campaign is a mess, many of his other businesses are broke or being sued.

he has good instincts in getting to the root of a problem. He's the big picture guy, which is what is needed for the job of president, not the sweat over the details guy, which is for those he designates.

Oh but I will be voting, and very much looking forward to PRESIDENT TRUMP finally flushing that White House toilet. I'm truly sorry that you lack the capacity to understand good business sense and how it works. You're so caught up in your own anti-Trump prejudice that you can't even be fair to him. Or others either, so it would seem. This makes me laugh, and be sad. You have no business voting.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2016 1:12:45 AM
At 7/21/2016 1:09:24 AM, idoubtit wrote:

Oh but I will be voting, and very much looking forward to PRESIDENT TRUMP finally flushing that White House toilet. I'm truly sorry that you lack the capacity to understand good business sense and how it works. You're so caught up in your own anti-Trump prejudice that you can't even be fair to him. Or others either, so it would seem. This makes me laugh, and be sad. You have no business voting.

I got betting opportunitys still open
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2016 1:13:08 AM
At 7/21/2016 1:09:24 AM, idoubtit wrote:

Please, tell us more about how you understand "good business" sense.
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2016 1:17:05 AM

There is another possibility. Trump didn't reach the level of success he has today by doing all of the work himself. His strength is that he's a good manager, he puts the right people in charge for the right job, he has good instincts in getting to the root of a problem. He's the big picture guy, which is what is needed for the job of president, not the sweat over the details guy, which is for those he designates.

Trump's strength is that he was gifted a real estate empire from his father, and that he has made himself a celebrity like Paris Hilton or Kim Kardashian.

His success as a politician is not so much because of a skill but lack of skill. Trump lack's the integrity to do blatantly lie, pander and manipulate people to the extent that he does.