Jump to topic:

The phenomenon that is Trump

Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2016 5:38:34 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
I think one thing that almost every sensible person can agree on is that Trump's success can be attributed to an anti establishment mindset that is erupting from America like a battle cry. The unique thing about trump is his anti-political correctness, which bolsters the anti establishment view. He hooked his entire base by tapping into a vein of anger that was dormant in the substratum of habitual politics. The most ironic thing in this election should be common sense, and that is Trump's rhetoric (if you can call it that) is not exclusive to trump. Any politician could have taken this approach and just spoke without being politically correct, and it would have appealed to the same base. A large part of this is both parties pushing for political correctness with such vigor.

I don't agree with trump on a great deal of things, but I entirely agree with some of his views on Radical Islamic Extremist. He is entirely right that we must first point out a problem in order to fix a problem. You can recognize the potential problem without discriminating against Muslims. The typical political rhetoric is to spew out euphemisms in order to avoid alienating voters, but that leads to avoiding the problem itself. Some times you need to call a spade a spade and say screw political correctness. Trump does this ineffectively, but effectively enough to capture the anti establishment group.

I heard Sam Harris speaking to Joe Rogan about trump and he outlined a point that is so true. The summary is basically this

" You can say a great deal of things about Clinton, but the one thing you can't she is that she is not qualified. The exact opposite is true with trump. He's perhaps the most unqualified candidate in history"

Clinton is smart, and that is evident by how she handles herself. Has she made balls calls? Sure she has, but put her side by side with trump and there is no comparison. Listen to their extemporaneous speaking and it's abundantly obvious. Clinton is a peddler of words, and her intellect shines through when she is put on the spot. Trump's rhetoric is the same ole mumbo jumbo, that basically goes something like this, "believe me well make america great", or " you have no idea how great we will make america". He uses repetition to make a point that was largely irrelevant to begin with and it wins people over because it's riddled with anti-political correctness. TN05 does a great job copying what trump sounds like, read one of his posts to basically get a summary of a trump speech.

http://www.debate.org...

The anti establishment view gave rise to a man who could not just decimate the american economy, but send shock waves of negative effects throughout the world. All the while any given candidate could have did the same thing and have been twice as popular. Liberals hate trump but the very agenda they are pushing gave rise to his campaign.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2016 4:46:39 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/21/2016 5:38:34 PM, Mikal wrote:
I think one thing that almost every sensible person can agree on is that Trump's success can be attributed to an anti establishment mindset that is erupting from America like a battle cry. The unique thing about trump is his anti-political correctness, which bolsters the anti establishment view. He hooked his entire base by tapping into a vein of anger that was dormant in the substratum of habitual politics. The most ironic thing in this election should be common sense, and that is Trump's rhetoric (if you can call it that) is not exclusive to trump. Any politician could have taken this approach and just spoke without being politically correct, and it would have appealed to the same base. A large part of this is both parties pushing for political correctness with such vigor.

I don't agree with trump on a great deal of things, but I entirely agree with some of his views on Radical Islamic Extremist. He is entirely right that we must first point out a problem in order to fix a problem. You can recognize the potential problem without discriminating against Muslims. The typical political rhetoric is to spew out euphemisms in order to avoid alienating voters, but that leads to avoiding the problem itself. Some times you need to call a spade a spade and say screw political correctness. Trump does this ineffectively, but effectively enough to capture the anti establishment group.

I heard Sam Harris speaking to Joe Rogan about trump and he outlined a point that is so true. The summary is basically this

" You can say a great deal of things about Clinton, but the one thing you can't she is that she is not qualified. The exact opposite is true with trump. He's perhaps the most unqualified candidate in history"

Clinton is smart, and that is evident by how she handles herself. Has she made balls calls? Sure she has, but put her side by side with trump and there is no comparison. Listen to their extemporaneous speaking and it's abundantly obvious. Clinton is a peddler of words, and her intellect shines through when she is put on the spot. Trump's rhetoric is the same ole mumbo jumbo, that basically goes something like this, "believe me well make america great", or " you have no idea how great we will make america". He uses repetition to make a point that was largely irrelevant to begin with and it wins people over because it's riddled with anti-political correctness. TN05 does a great job copying what trump sounds like, read one of his posts to basically get a summary of a trump speech.

http://www.debate.org...

The anti establishment view gave rise to a man who could not just decimate the american economy, but send shock waves of negative effects throughout the world. All the while any given candidate could have did the same thing and have been twice as popular. Liberals hate trump but the very agenda they are pushing gave rise to his campaign.

Smart? She took down Mubarak and Kadafi in Libya and Egypt and pushed to stop the surge by American troops in Iraq causing ISIS to rise and the Middle East plunging into chaos. (Nobody could see that coming). She may be the stupidest politician I've ever seen. But hey,at least she got Bengazi right...
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...