NBA Moving All-Star Game over NC Law

RookieApologist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2016 10:26:57 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
http://www.foxnews.com...

"While we recognize that the NBA cannot choose the law in every city, state, and country in which we do business, we do not believe we can successfully host our All-Star festivities in Charlotte in the climate created by HB2," the league said in a statement.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So the NBA, one of the most exclusive organizations in the whole world, with its total of zero known transgender players, is claiming that they simply cannot do business in Charlotte. "I will not tolerate your intolerance!"

I say good for North Carolina for not caving to the completely hypocritical views of the NBA. When the NBA takes a look in the mirror and employs a transgender coach, player, referee, etc, then maybe they can talk. Until then, good riddance.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2016 10:46:01 PM
The business community has spoken: you can be bigots or you can have jobs.

I wonder how long before Bank of America relocates.
Tsar of DDO
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2016 12:16:03 AM
At 7/21/2016 10:26:57 PM, RookieApologist wrote:

"While we recognize that the NBA cannot choose the law in every city, state, and country in which we do business, we do not believe we can successfully host our All-Star festivities in Charlotte in the climate created by HB2," the league said in a statement.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So the NBA, one of the most exclusive organizations in the whole world, with its total of zero known transgender players, is claiming that they simply cannot do business in Charlotte. "I will not tolerate your intolerance!"

I say good for North Carolina for not caving to the completely hypocritical views of the NBA. When the NBA takes a look in the mirror and employs a transgender coach, player, referee, etc, then maybe they can talk. Until then, good riddance.

There are probably gay & transgender NBA employees & fans who are not players. The NBA wants to make sure their employees and fans are comfortable. North Carolina chose to create a non-business friendly environment and these are the consequences.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2016 12:29:47 AM

Show me one transgender basketball player that has attempted to make the NBA and showed enough skill to play with everyone else.

I'll wait.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2016 1:09:34 AM

Right, and, it has nothing to do with if coaches, players or owners are transgender. It has to do with THEIR business, and the negative effect on its profits if they DO take their game there. Free market works, except when its not working for you? As more businesses just refuse to deal with the idiots, they can starve if they like.
RookieApologist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2016 1:35:03 AM
At 7/22/2016 1:09:34 AM, TBR wrote:

Right, and, it has nothing to do with if coaches, players or owners are transgender. It has to do with THEIR business, and the negative effect on its profits if they DO take their game there. Free market works, except when its not working for you? As more businesses just refuse to deal with the idiots, they can starve if they like.

My point is the NBA is one of the most exclusive organizations in the world, so who are they to try to preach inclusiveness?
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2016 1:38:01 AM
At 7/22/2016 1:35:03 AM, RookieApologist wrote:

My point is the NBA is one of the most exclusive organizations in the world, so who are they to try to preach inclusiveness?

In what way? They want anyone to come to games. How is that NOT inclusive?
RookieApologist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2016 1:47:21 AM
At 7/22/2016 1:38:01 AM, TBR wrote:

Of course they do. But they don't employ any transgenders themselves. Or at least non that are openly transgender. Let's ponder this question for a minute: if such a player did come out as transgender, would the NBA allow that player to play in the WNBA if they so identified?
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2016 1:55:45 AM
At 7/22/2016 1:47:21 AM, RookieApologist wrote:

Of course they do. But they don't employ any transgenders themselves. Or at least non that are openly transgender.
So what? I don't see that as being "exclusive". At about .5% of the population, many company's have few if any transgender employees.

Let's ponder this question for a minute: if such a player did come out as transgender, would the NBA allow that player to play in the WNBA if they so identified?
The number of employees of the NBA who are players is... Small. There are many jobs that have nothing to do with bouncing a basketball.
mc9
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2016 3:13:24 AM
At 7/22/2016 12:16:03 AM, twocupcakes wrote:

There are probably gay & transgender NBA employees & fans who are not players. The NBA wants to make sure their employees and fans are comfortable. North Carolina chose to create a non-business friendly environment and these are the consequences.

Yup
Beisht_Kione
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2016 4:50:25 AM
At 7/22/2016 1:47:21 AM, RookieApologist wrote:

Of course they do. But they don't employ any transgenders themselves. Or at least non that are openly transgender. Let's ponder this question for a minute: if such a player did come out as transgender, would the NBA allow that player to play in the WNBA if they so identified?

That is an interesting question. Would the WNBA allow a biologically male to play in their league if they said they were trans?
I would say that they would pretty much have to. There is a biologically male MMA fighter who is trans, who is crashing all of his/her opponents. That sets a certain precedence, that regardless of what your biological gender is, if you say you are trans, you have to be included in whatever gender segregated activity they wish. If they don't then they will be labeled transphobic(an extreme or irrational fear of or aversion to trans people).
I say its only a matter of time before people really start taking advantage of this little social Catch 22.
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2016 12:56:03 PM
At 7/21/2016 10:46:01 PM, YYW wrote:
You can be bigots or you can have jobs.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2016 12:58:56 PM

That an exclusive organization thinks HB2 is too exclusive isn't hypocrisy - it's a reflection on the *magnitude* of bigotry within the HB2.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
xus00HAY
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2016 2:06:16 PM
I think the World Wrestling Foundation should remember Andy Kaufman's idea about him being a woman wrestler, i.e. Not a woman who wrestles ,but a man who wrestles women. Get a man who is an expert wrestler who is large and muscular and looks like a man but he always wears a dress and insists that he is now a woman.