Jump to topic:

Trump and Tyrants

BrendanD19
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2016 1:00:41 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
I am not talking about the serious analogies people make, while understandable, those are maybe a little far. However the similarities between Trump and certain dictators are rather hilarious.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2016 1:16:23 AM
At 7/24/2016 1:00:41 AM, BrendanD19 wrote:
I am not talking about the serious analogies people make, while understandable, those are maybe a little far. However the similarities between Trump and certain dictators are rather hilarious.

I have no watched the video, but there are some very frightening tools that Trump is using. More worrying is the people. It is the people who are so desperate to follow that give people power.

I don't think Trump cares for, say, LGBT rights. He could care less, but he knows how to leverage the anger of some for the topic. This leads to the PEOPLE doing thing that are a determent to all of our society.
BrendanD19
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2016 3:22:41 AM
At 7/24/2016 1:16:23 AM, TBR wrote:

I have no watched the video, but there are some very frightening tools that Trump is using. More worrying is the people. It is the people who are so desperate to follow that give people power.

I don't think Trump cares for, say, LGBT rights. He could care less, but he knows how to leverage the anger of some for the topic. This leads to the PEOPLE doing thing that are a determent to all of our society.

Watch the video, it's pretty good
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2016 7:23:33 AM
Of course you can't listen to criticism of Trump without having people compare him to [insert dictator here]. Donald Trump's strategies to gain popularity are 100% in line with democratic elections. I can also guarantee that it is near impossible to become a dictator in the US because of the way our system works, and the fact that Americans would never tolerate a dictator ruling their country. People can compare Trump to Hitler or some other totalitarian dictator all they want, but they're only making themselves look like a fool. Trump is not a tyrant, and will never be president for longer than two terms.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2016 7:54:38 AM
At 7/24/2016 7:23:33 AM, triangle.128k wrote:
Of course you can't listen to criticism of Trump without having people compare him to [insert dictator here]. Donald Trump's strategies to gain popularity are 100% in line with democratic elections. I can also guarantee that it is near impossible to become a dictator in the US because of the way our system works, and the fact that Americans would never tolerate a dictator ruling their country. People can compare Trump to Hitler or some other totalitarian dictator all they want, but they're only making themselves look like a fool. Trump is not a tyrant, and will never be president for longer than two terms.

Oh, and don't forget to add that he has a less than zero chance of living up to the "fascist" label by abolishing both parties.
MakeSensePeopleDont
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2016 9:00:12 AM

A dictator, really? Let's review the video:

1) Trump does NOT control the media. Simply refusing to participate in a primary debate is not control of the media. The media may still report at their own will, whatever and however they wish. His choice to not attend a single debate does not silence the media, nor does it threaten the media into reporting only what he wishes when he wishes.

2) Having your name on buildings you built and/or own is NOT an example of cult of personality. This is pride in one's accomplishments and pride alone. When did a prideful or even boastful nature become a negative?

3) He silences the opposition; I agree. However, while Trump silences opposition by speaking the truth from his, and many American's perspectives, leaving opponents with no way to weasel out; democrats have silenced their opposition for decades now with lies, creation of tensions between groups where tensions do not exist, PC speech, and more. Examples of these lies include: conservatives wanting to take away senior citizen's social security, conservatives wanting to take away senior's medical, take away poor people's government subsidies their lives depend on, want to pollute the environment, want global warming to melt the ice caps, want global cooling to create a new ice age, are racists for wanting to secure the border and stop illegal immigration, want to be in between a woman and her doctor, police target blacks to murder, blacks are disproportionately shot/killed by cops, the justice system is out to get the black man, public schools are out to hold down minority children, America is racist and only democrats can fix it, all the way to the point now where people like Harry Reid use parliamentary privilege to slander political opponents without recourse as when he said he had proof Romney didn't pay any taxes then came out after Romney lost and boasted how he knew he was lying and slandering and he didn't care, he was happy about it.

4) He does not like to see people suffering. He has not said a single thing that shows he wants people to suffer; it's the complete opposite, he fights for the people per his own words. Enhanced interrogation methods used against terrorists attacking U.S. civilians, politicians and military personnel get no sympathy from me.

5) He rules absolutely....how do you know? He hasn't "ruled" anything. The Commander-In-Chief demanding compliance from subordinates under his command is a trait of a good leader. If this is your metric, then every military personnel holding rank higher than entry level is a dictator.

6) He has gold. So he worked hard, sacrificed and took many risks; building substantial wealth, and chooses to invest in gold...so the American dream democrats always harp on for immigration arguments are bad...only for Trump -- or is it all conservatives? Does any person possessing gold including jewelry qualify as a dictator? How about all those celebrities democrats parade around? Is George Soros a dictator?

7) Trump said maybe it's not a bad idea Dennis Rodman met with N. Korean leadership. So Obama pulls our military back from the Pacific as we need to start rebuilding relationships with nations; even allowing N. Korea to develop, test and grow their missile tech including ICBMs capable of reaching the U.S. west coast, as well as mature their nuclear weapons capabilities including development and testing of nuclear warheads...and this is satisfactory. Trump makes an off comment during his reality show The Apprentice that it may not be a bad idea to open dialog with N. Korea, and Trump is a dictator? Come on man.

8) Trump never said he would deport Muslims already here legally, nor did he say he would deport legal immigrants of any origin. Illegal immigrants being deported is another story and stays well within the bounds of the law -- no, he never said he would create a task force to round up illegals, stuff them on box cars and ship them back. He did speak on banning Muslim immigration until we get control of the radical Islamic terrorism issue. This was a poor choice of generalization, a more appropriate specific statement would be to ban immigration from a specific set of Muslim / Middle Eastern nations and possibly nations participating in immigration with them without proper vetting.

9) A political satirist using careful editing to make supporters of a political opponent look like morons (although every campaign has moronic followers, case-in-point "I'm votin' for Obama cuz he givin' me a free phone!"); everyone give a slow clap for the headache inducing number of jump-cuts during every live conversation this guy had.

10) What a big man this guy is. Taking cheap shots at three girls around 9, 10 and 11 years old singing at a Trump event. No matter your feelings for Trump, his ideas, what he stands for, what he says, etc.; dragging those three young girls...children...into it and comparing them to children in a third-world nation singing how their dictator is a living god is shameful. Absolutely disgusting. Another slow clap for the complete coward going after children. As an American citizen, you may have freedom of speech - a right which allows you to legally attack children in that manner, but there are globally accepted social norms; one of the major ones, is that grown men don't attack children.

11) This guy couldn't even close out his video properly. Way to cutoff your own conclusion.

What a horrible, tiny little man. Blatantly lying about a political adversary - for comedy or even personal gain - is one thing, but those children and the way he used and attacked them is just completely sickening.
MakeSensePeopleDont
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2016 9:13:20 AM
At 7/24/2016 1:16:23 AM, TBR wrote:

Let's be fair, that door swings both ways: Just like all the Obama voters that couldn't name a single thing he did in his political career; all the Hillary supporters that can't name three positive things she has done in the last 8 years and blindly ignore all the corruption, lies, secrecy, criminal behavior, even placing Americans and our allies including information of the highest security at risk. How about the Sanders supporters that couldn't be bothered for even a second, to do some math and realize what he was ranting on about with free everything cradle to grave is literally and unquestionably IMPOSSIBLE.

All of America needs to wake up, quit thinking selfishly, get their heads out of their backsides, and realize what's going on within our federal government. It's nauseating.

What has Trump said that shows evidence of him having no care what-so-ever about the LGBTQ community? I know this is your opinion as you stated, but there must be some facts to make you feel this way.
BrendanD19
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2016 7:33:52 PM
At 7/24/2016 9:00:12 AM, MakeSensePeopleDont wrote:

1) Trump does NOT control the media. Simply refusing to participate in a primary debate is not control of the media. The media may still report at their own will, whatever and however they wish. His choice to not attend a single debate does not silence the media, nor does it threaten the media into reporting only what he wishes when he wishes.

2) Having your name on buildings you built and/or own is NOT an example of cult of personality. This is pride in one's accomplishments and pride alone. When did a prideful or even boastful nature become a negative?

3) He silences the opposition; I agree. However, while Trump silences opposition by speaking the truth from his, and many American's perspectives, leaving opponents with no way to weasel out; democrats have silenced their opposition for decades now with lies, creation of tensions between groups where tensions do not exist, PC speech, and more. Examples of these lies include: conservatives wanting to take away senior citizen's social security, conservatives wanting to take away senior's medical, take away poor people's government subsidies their lives depend on, want to pollute the environment, want global warming to melt the ice caps, want global cooling to create a new ice age, are racists for wanting to secure the border and stop illegal immigration, want to be in between a woman and her doctor, police target blacks to murder, blacks are disproportionately shot/killed by cops, the justice system is out to get the black man, public schools are out to hold down minority children, America is racist and only democrats can fix it, all the way to the point now where people like Harry Reid use parliamentary privilege to slander political opponents without recourse as when he said he had proof Romney didn't pay any taxes then came out after Romney lost and boasted how he knew he was lying and slandering and he didn't care, he was happy about it.

4) He does not like to see people suffering. He has not said a single thing that shows he wants people to suffer; it's the complete opposite, he fights for the people per his own words. Enhanced interrogation methods used against terrorists attacking U.S. civilians, politicians and military personnel get no sympathy from me.

5) He rules absolutely....how do you know? He hasn't "ruled" anything. The Commander-In-Chief demanding compliance from subordinates under his command is a trait of a good leader. If this is your metric, then every military personnel holding rank higher than entry level is a dictator.

6) He has gold. So he worked hard, sacrificed and took many risks; building substantial wealth, and chooses to invest in gold...so the American dream democrats always harp on for immigration arguments are bad...only for Trump -- or is it all conservatives? Does any person possessing gold including jewelry qualify as a dictator? How about all those celebrities democrats parade around? Is George Soros a dictator?

7) Trump said maybe it's not a bad idea Dennis Rodman met with N. Korean leadership. So Obama pulls our military back from the Pacific as we need to start rebuilding relationships with nations; even allowing N. Korea to develop, test and grow their missile tech including ICBMs capable of reaching the U.S. west coast, as well as mature their nuclear weapons capabilities including development and testing of nuclear warheads...and this is satisfactory. Trump makes an off comment during his reality show The Apprentice that it may not be a bad idea to open dialog with N. Korea, and Trump is a dictator? Come on man.

8) Trump never said he would deport Muslims already here legally, nor did he say he would deport legal immigrants of any origin. Illegal immigrants being deported is another story and stays well within the bounds of the law -- no, he never said he would create a task force to round up illegals, stuff them on box cars and ship them back. He did speak on banning Muslim immigration until we get control of the radical Islamic terrorism issue. This was a poor choice of generalization, a more appropriate specific statement would be to ban immigration from a specific set of Muslim / Middle Eastern nations and possibly nations participating in immigration with them without proper vetting.

9) A political satirist using careful editing to make supporters of a political opponent look like morons (although every campaign has moronic followers, case-in-point "I'm votin' for Obama cuz he givin' me a free phone!"); everyone give a slow clap for the headache inducing number of jump-cuts during every live conversation this guy had.

10) What a big man this guy is. Taking cheap shots at three girls around 9, 10 and 11 years old singing at a Trump event. No matter your feelings for Trump, his ideas, what he stands for, what he says, etc.; dragging those three young girls...children...into it and comparing them to children in a third-world nation singing how their dictator is a living god is shameful. Absolutely disgusting. Another slow clap for the complete coward going after children. As an American citizen, you may have freedom of speech - a right which allows you to legally attack children in that manner, but there are globally accepted social norms; one of the major ones, is that grown men don't attack children.

11) This guy couldn't even close out his video properly. Way to cutoff your own conclusion.

What a horrible, tiny little man. Blatantly lying about a political adversary - for comedy or even personal gain - is one thing, but those children and the way he used and attacked them is just completely sickening.

Someone doesn't understand satire
MakeSensePeopleDont
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2016 9:04:01 PM
At 7/24/2016 7:33:52 PM, BrendanD19 wrote:

I was fine with it until he decided to attack little girls...then he was no longer a political satirist; he was just a coward interested in only attacking.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2016 9:12:02 PM
At 7/24/2016 9:04:01 PM, MakeSensePeopleDont wrote:

I was fine with it until he decided to attack little girls...then he was no longer a political satirist; he was just a coward interested in only attacking.

It doesn't count if they are white girls.
BrendanD19
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2016 9:21:10 PM

That song and dance act is perhaps the most mock able thing to have happened since the campaign began! The words to the song don't even make sense!
BrendanD19
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2016 9:23:47 PM
At 7/24/2016 7:23:33 AM, triangle.128k wrote:

I was talking about the satirical implications, just watch the video.
MakeSensePeopleDont
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2016 9:25:00 PM
At 7/24/2016 9:21:10 PM, BrendanD19 wrote:

That song and dance act is perhaps the most mock able thing to have happened since the campaign began! The words to the song don't even make sense!

they are children
BrendanD19
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2016 9:33:41 PM
At 7/24/2016 9:25:00 PM, MakeSensePeopleDont wrote:
At 7/24/2016 9:21:10 PM, BrendanD19 wrote:

they are children

Thank you captain obvious, but they did not make the song or dance number the dad of one of the girls wrote it. And the fact that they are preteen girls doesn't change the fact that it is hilarious
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2016 9:59:10 PM
At 7/24/2016 9:33:41 PM, BrendanD19 wrote:

they are children

Thank you captain obvious, but they did not make the song or dance number the dad of one of the girls wrote it. And the fact that they are preteen girls doesn't change the fact that it is hilarious

https://www.youtube.com...

Lol, that little niglet is great fodder for humor as well.