Jump to topic:

Democrats parade illegals at the convention

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 12:23:25 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
Why are these people not being immediately deported?

Lol at the fact that people who claim to "live in the shadows" can openly speak about their illegal status in front of millions of people. F*ck everything about this joke of a country

Can someone please explain to me how this is a good idea or makes the democrats look good?

http://www.businessinsider.com...
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
someloser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 12:37:40 AM
"Our nation is a nation of immigrants that believes in being inclusive,"

This quote is a very good example of everything stupid and wrong with the American political mentality.
Ego sum qui sum. Deus lo vult.

"America is ungovernable; those who served the revolution have plowed the sea." - Simon Bolivar

"A healthy nation is as unconscious of its nationality as a healthy man of his bones. But if you break a nation's nationality it will think of nothing else but getting it set again." - George Bernard Shaw
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 12:39:39 AM
At 7/26/2016 12:37:40 AM, someloser wrote:

This quote is a very good example of everything stupid and wrong with the American political mentality.

This is such a blatant middle finger to middle America.

You get nickel and dimed for going 5 over the speed limit, they can violate far more important laws and get invited to speak at a national convention.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 12:40:33 AM
At 7/26/2016 12:23:25 AM, thett3 wrote:

Lol at the fact that people who claim to "live in the shadows" can openly speak about their illegal status in front of millions of people. F*ck everything about this joke of a country

You can't be serious. You're not really like that -- it can't be.
Can someone please explain to me how this is a good idea or makes the democrats look good?

For the same reason that the RNC thought inviting the family of Benghazi victims to speak. I think it is sort of inappropriate to politicize people's grief, but this is done on both sides.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 12:43:55 AM
At 7/26/2016 12:40:33 AM, 000ike wrote:

For the same reason that the RNC thought inviting the family of Benghazi victims to speak. I think it is sort of inappropriate to politicize people's grief, but this is done on both sides.

...what?

The DNC has people on the stage openly flouting our immigration laws. That's not even close to allowing the victims of Hillary's terrible leadership to speak
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 12:46:25 AM
It's the DNC's effort to show how inclusive they are.

The Democratic National Committee said:

We are so inclusive, we disregard US immigration law. Also we are the party of drug addicts and criminals.
Tsar of DDO
someloser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 12:47:27 AM
At 7/26/2016 12:46:25 AM, YYW wrote:
It's the DNC's effort to show how inclusive they are.

The Democratic National Committee said:

We are so inclusive, we disregard US immigration law. Also we are the party of drug addicts and criminals.

"America is ungovernable; those who served the revolution have plowed the sea." - Simon Bolivar

"A healthy nation is as unconscious of its nationality as a healthy man of his bones. But if you break a nation's nationality it will think of nothing else but getting it set again." - George Bernard Shaw
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 12:48:01 AM
At 7/26/2016 12:39:39 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 7/26/2016 12:37:40 AM, someloser wrote:

This is such a blatant middle finger to middle America.

You get nickel and dimed for going 5 over the speed limit, they can violate far more important laws and get invited to speak at a national convention.

Because America is the land of "infinite global charity." (just ignore the fact most American citizens can't get a job, or that we have enough cash to print to pay for all the special public services, like bilingual ...everything......)
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 12:50:51 AM
At 7/26/2016 12:43:55 AM, thett3 wrote:

...what?

The DNC has people on the stage openly flouting our immigration laws.

The present administration prioritizes criminals and recent emigres ... not children and their families who 'dared' to show their faces in public.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 12:53:12 AM
At 7/26/2016 12:50:51 AM, 000ike wrote:

The present administration prioritizes criminals and recent emigres ... not children and their families who 'dared' to show their faces in public.

The current administration flagrantly chooses not to enforce the law.

We get it--rule of law is dead in this country. But it's still horrifying to see it paraded live in front of millions of people...they don't even pretend anymore
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 12:56:47 AM
At 7/26/2016 12:53:12 AM, thett3 wrote:

We get it--rule of law is dead in this country. But it's still horrifying to see it paraded live in front of millions of people...they don't even pretend anymore

It will be interesting if Bernie supporters boo Hillary, as they seem to be the only one to see the unclothed Empress....
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 12:57:44 AM

Where are some Communists, Nazis, or ISIS combatants we can parade around? They're people to...It is a joke.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 12:59:09 AM

One are Americans. One are not Americans. Now let it sink in...
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 12:59:36 AM

http://www.economist.com...
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 1:00:04 AM
LMAO apparently they're also having the mother of attempted cop killer Mike Brown speak. The fact that this party represents around half the country is enough to conclude that it's already over
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

someloser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 1:00:34 AM
At 7/26/2016 12:59:36 AM, bsh1 wrote:

Totally worth it.

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 1:00:37 AM
At 7/26/2016 12:43:55 AM, thett3 wrote:

...what?

The DNC has people on the stage openly flouting our immigration laws.

So if ISIS and its children dare to show their faces, we give them flowers and a fruit basket...

000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 1:04:20 AM

I can't take you seriously when you exaggerate like this. It's childish ... if you really think the rule of law is dead just because the government is lenient toward a very narrowly defined class of 'criminals', I invite you to test that hypothesis.

What I don't get is that, your position isn't even qualified -- you're actually angry. You don't feel even a modicum of sympathy for illegal immigrants or their children (many of whom, as you know, had no say in their being brought here, and fully recognize themselves as Americans) ... you realize that this places you in an extreme fringe position among liberal democrats and even, at least historically, among conservative republicans as well.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 1:04:53 AM
At 7/26/2016 12:59:36 AM, bsh1 wrote:

Good.

Really if Obama is expelling more illegal immigrants than any other president that only goes to show what a bunch of losers the Republicans really are.

This is the president who tried to legalize five million aliens by executive fiat (http://www.politico.com...). This is the regime where illegal immigrants go on television all the time without being immediately deported. This is the administration under which entire cities are allowed to ignore immigration policy--even when it results in their citizens being murdered. If even Obama is deporting more than Bush that only goes to show what a worthless president Bush really was
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 1:06:05 AM
At 7/26/2016 1:00:04 AM, thett3 wrote:
LMAO apparently they're also having the mother of attempted cop killer Mike Brown speak. The fact that this party represents around half the country is enough to conclude that it's already over

Hillary requires 90% of the plantation Blacks to remain on the plantation to win the election.
someloser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 1:06:09 AM
Economic apologetics of illegal and/or mass immigration are totally misguided.

Unless one is discussing the subject for its own sake.

The most significant tolls immigration places on a country/nation are social. Not economic.

The reduction of every single issue to an economic question is just a form of idolatry.

Ramshutu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 1:06:50 AM

The four references were:

Cesar Vargas; who was 5 when he crossed the boarder, has lived in the USA for 27 years; most of his childhood and his entire adult life; and recently became a lawyer.

The second, was Hareth Andrade; who is 23, and came into the country at the age of 11.

The third is Astrid Silva, who entered the USA at the age of 4, 24 years ago.

The fourth is Francisca Ortiz, and her 10 year old daughter Karla; for which I can't find the information,

At least 4 of these "Illegal immigrants" were children when they arrived in the US illegally, and at least 3 have lived here most of their lives. And who all run the risk of being deported by a country where many people view them not as someone who was brought in by their parents and lived almost the entire lives in this country but as a Caricature of the like that Donald Trump and other anti-immigration republicans portray.

Illegal immigration, like it or not, is a complex issue; there are many factors; including children, and whether you believe they should be able to stay or not, it is important to recognize that they are human beings, with their own fears, worries, reasons for coming; and none of it can be boiled down to the overly simplistic statements of "they're rapists, they're murderers", or any of the soundbite statistics that seek to explain the complexities of the situation.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 1:08:35 AM
At 7/26/2016 1:04:20 AM, 000ike wrote:

I can't take you seriously when you exaggerate like this. It's childish ... if you really think the rule of law is dead just because the government is lenient toward a very narrowly defined class of 'criminals', I invite you to test that hypothesis.

Not just because of that. The non indictment of Hillary Clinton. The fact that violent thugs can mob and beat Trump supporters on the streets as the police watch.

This is the country where people who illegally enter go on national television without being deported.

I can go on all day.

What I don't get is that, your position isn't even qualified -- you're actually angry. You don't feel even a modicum of sympathy for illegal immigrants or their children (many of whom, as you know, had no say in their being brought here, and fully recognize themselves as Americans) ...

I do feel sympathy for them--it isn't their fault. But that doesn't mean that they or their parents get to stay. They have to go back.

you realize that this places you in an extreme fringe position among liberal democrats and even, at least historically, among conservative republicans as well.

That's what makes it all so horrifying
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 1:09:13 AM
You don't feel even a modicum of sympathy for illegal immigrants or their children (many of whom, as you know, had no say in their being brought here, and fully recognize themselves as Americans) ...

The issue is not about sympathy.

It's whether we can fiscally afford to be the global charity police, and whether the world would actually be better off without our bungling attempts to reshape the globe in our own image.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 1:09:42 AM
At 7/26/2016 1:06:50 AM, Ramshutu wrote:

Cesar Vargas; who was 5 when he crossed the boarder, has lived in the USA for 27 years; most of his childhood and his entire adult life; and recently became a lawyer.

The second, was Hareth Andrade; who is 23, and came into the country at the age of 11.

The fourth is Francisca Ortiz, and her 10 year old daughter Karla; for which I can't find the information,

They have to go back.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 1:11:27 AM
At 7/26/2016 1:09:13 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
You don't feel even a modicum of sympathy for illegal immigrants or their children (many of whom, as you know, had no say in their being brought here, and fully recognize themselves as Americans) ...

It's whether we can fiscally afford to be the global charity police, and whether the world would actually be better off without our bungling attempts to reshape the globe in our own image.

Every other country enforces its immigration laws. If the US does so, it's racist.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

Ramshutu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 1:12:49 AM
At 7/26/2016 1:09:42 AM, thett3 wrote:

They have to go back.

Why should someone who has lived here 24 years, since the age of 4 (or 27 years since the age of 5) who hasn't broken any laws need to be removed from the only place they have known as home?
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 1:14:25 AM
At 7/26/2016 1:11:27 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 7/26/2016 1:09:13 AM, Greyparrot wrote:

Every other country enforces its immigration laws. If the US does so, it's racist.

To be fair, Canada has it's share of immigration problems too.

http://www.nytimes.com...
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 1:14:47 AM
At 7/26/2016 1:12:49 AM, Ramshutu wrote:
At 7/26/2016 1:09:42 AM, thett3 wrote:

They have to go back.

Why should someone who has lived here 24 years, since the age of 4 (or 27 years since the age of 5) who hasn't broken any laws need to be removed from the only place they have known as home?

Hasn't broken any laws? Their very presence here is breaking the law.

Don't blame me. Blame the politicians who turned a blind eye for decades because their corporate donors paid them off. Any serious country wouldn't be facing problems like this because they would deport all illegals immediately.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 1:16:18 AM

Nobody would let us into their countries in this fashion. Hell, a nonMuslim is not even allowed to set foot into Mecca. Japan and China and Asian nations aren't letting the world in.(of course they are smart)

We, the West are the only ones on a suicide mission to destroy our own countries and hand them over to foreign cultures hellbent on our destruction or inacting violence on us and our kids. Brilliant. Liberal brilliance.