Jump to topic:

ISIS accomplishes what others could not

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 1:09:47 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
Today in Normandy, two animals beheaded a 92 year old priest during mass in the name of ISIS.

Ironically this happened in Normandy, where the liberation of France began. The priest was old enough to have participated in the war in some way, and even if he did not his peers did. Hundreds of thousands of men died to protect France.

I wonder if this is what they had in mind?

ISIS terrorists have accomplished what other terror groups could not. While others relied on long term mass attacks that had to be planned months in advance and are easy to thwart ISIS is fine with lone actors doing their own thing. And like I and many others predicted, it's reached the point where this is simply a fact of life in Western Europe. Every day another attack, some big and some small. Even I can't keep track anymore.

We are becoming desensitized to it but at the same time it's in the back of everyone's mind. There is now nothing Europeans can do that is safe, from watching a fireworks show to worshipping God. An atmosphere of sheer terror and mayhem is what surrounds life in the Western world.

This is the future our political leaders chose.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 1:29:48 PM
European cosmopolitan internationalism is actively destroying Europe. Multiculturalism only works when you're dealing with other cultures that share your basic values. Islamic cultures do not share Western values, and Islamic immigrants and Islamic terrorists have caused and continue to cause tremendous damage to Europe, as well.

Cosmopolitan internationalists, however, lack the intellectual ability to recognize this. They labor under the fantasy that there are no "barbaric" cultures or civilized ones--just different cultures. These are the same people who regard intolerance of Islamic radicalism as "racism" and "xenophobia." They are the same people who would actively censor anyone who disagrees with them, while welcoming barbarians into their communities.

Europe is not a safe place anymore, and Islam is the reason why. Islam has caused more damage to human civilization, and, in particular, the first world, than any other political group. In action, Islam is political before it is religious, and in this way it is unique from other world religions.

The problem remains that so many in this country have been raised in ways that prevent them from understanding the facts of this crisis as they unfold before their eyes, and this is the case both in the United States and Europe.
Tsar of DDO
tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 1:48:54 PM
At 7/26/2016 1:29:48 PM, YYW wrote:
European cosmopolitan internationalism is actively destroying Europe. Multiculturalism only works when you're dealing with other cultures that share your basic values. Islamic cultures do not share Western values, and Islamic immigrants and Islamic terrorists have caused and continue to cause tremendous damage to Europe, as well.

Cosmopolitan internationalists, however, lack the intellectual ability to recognize this. They labor under the fantasy that there are no "barbaric" cultures or civilized ones--just different cultures. These are the same people who regard intolerance of Islamic radicalism as "racism" and "xenophobia." They are the same people who would actively censor anyone who disagrees with them, while welcoming barbarians into their communities.

Europe is not a safe place anymore, and Islam is the reason why. Islam has caused more damage to human civilization, and, in particular, the first world, than any other political group. In action, Islam is political before it is religious, and in this way it is unique from other world religions.

The problem remains that so many in this country have been raised in ways that prevent them from understanding the facts of this crisis as they unfold before their eyes, and this is the case both in the United States and Europe.

+1
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
Lynx_N
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 2:43:40 PM
At 7/26/2016 1:32:30 PM, YYW wrote:
The question is how to solve the problem...

I have a solution. But no one will do it.

I can guarantee you that not ONE sane person would miss any of those ISIS a$$holes.

But yes, bull$h!t politicians all over the World are more concerned about increasing their constituent count and also to maintain it inbetween elections.
Bronto?
Congrats.

poet
pacchu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 3:40:16 PM
At 7/26/2016 1:09:47 PM, thett3 wrote:
Today in Normandy, two animals beheaded a 92 year old priest during mass in the name of ISIS.

Ironically this happened in Normandy, where the liberation of France began. The priest was old enough to have participated in the war in some way, and even if he did not his peers did. Hundreds of thousands of men died to protect France.

ISIS terrorists have accomplished what other terror groups could not. While others relied on long term mass attacks that had to be planned months in advance and are easy to thwart ISIS is fine with lone actors doing their own thing. And like I and many others predicted, it's reached the point where this is simply a fact of life in Western Europe. Every day another attack, some big and some small. Even I can't keep track anymore.

We are becoming desensitized to it but at the same time it's in the back of everyone's mind. There is now nothing Europeans can do that is safe, from watching a fireworks show to worshipping God. An atmosphere of sheer terror and mayhem is what surrounds life in the Western world.

This is the future our political leaders chose. : :

At least Christians are more organized now before they go out and kill their enemies. They join the military and use the governments as an excuse to kill Muslims or anyone they don't like.
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 4:46:15 PM

Cosmopolitan internationalists, however, lack the intellectual ability to recognize this. They labor under the fantasy that there are no "barbaric" cultures or civilized ones--just different cultures. These are the same people who regard intolerance of Islamic radicalism as "racism" and "xenophobia."

I guess I missed the European Cosmopolitan Internationalists dancing in the streets because they tolerate and love Islamic radicalism.

This is exactly why the discussion can not move forward to get to solutions. You shut the entire conversation down by spouting radical nonsense such as Europeans defend Islamic radicalism and terrorism.

Don't bother replying.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 5:18:25 PM

http://markhumphrys.com...
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 6:33:48 PM

Tacticle nucleur weapons?
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 6:37:45 PM
At 7/26/2016 6:33:48 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

Touchy feely nukes?
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 7:24:17 PM
At 7/26/2016 6:33:48 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

No
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 7:25:21 PM
At 7/26/2016 4:46:15 PM, slo1 wrote:

Cosmopolitan internationalists, however, lack the intellectual ability to recognize this. They labor under the fantasy that there are no "barbaric" cultures or civilized ones--just different cultures. These are the same people who regard intolerance of Islamic radicalism as "racism" and "xenophobia."

I guess I missed the European Cosmopolitan Internationalists dancing in the streets because they tolerate and love Islamic radicalism.

This is exactly why the discussion can not move forward to get to solutions. You shut the entire conversation down by spouting radical nonsense such as Europeans defend Islamic radicalism and terrorism.

Don't bother replying.

There is no rebuttal to what I wrote.
Tsar of DDO
1Percenter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 8:05:01 PM

Deus Vult?
smelisox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 9:26:21 PM

This is the future our political leaders chose.

Humans, not animals.

And the liberation of France began in the South, not Normandy. Nice mishistory.
smelisox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 9:28:33 PM
"An atmosphere of sheer terror and mayhem is what surrounds life in the Western world."

Complete and utter BS, I can tell you live in the US. Everyone is relaxed over here, I sleep easy. Everyone is feeling ok, no one even talks of the attacks since they don't care, even if it happened in their own country. There is no "feeling of terror", you get searched when entering buildings and that's it. The US has airport security at the M&M's factory.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 9:48:40 PM
At 7/26/2016 9:28:33 PM, smelisox wrote:
"An atmosphere of sheer terror and mayhem is what surrounds life in the Western world."

Complete and utter BS, I can tell you live in the US. Everyone is relaxed over here, I sleep easy. Everyone is feeling ok, no one even talks of the attacks since they don't care, even if it happened in their own country. There is no "feeling of terror", you get searched when entering buildings and that's it. The US has airport security at the M&M's factory.

That sounds like something a Muslim would say.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 9:50:51 PM
At 7/26/2016 5:18:25 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

Whoa...109 Muslim attacks under Obama?
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 9:52:52 PM
At 7/26/2016 9:50:51 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

Whoa...109 Muslim attacks under Obama?

Going to be 110 when this attack is added.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
someloser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 9:58:05 PM
"Europe needs diversity to survive" = "Europe won't survive unless it commits suicide"

Really, if the cosmopolitans were so concerned about the safety of Muslim im/migrants, they wouldn't endorse and fight for an environment that will breed violent right-wing sentiment.

Europe's Islamic/Arab issue will be solved one way or another. The question is whether it will be done through legally sanctioned channels or not.
Ego sum qui sum. Deus lo vult.

"America is ungovernable; those who served the revolution have plowed the sea." - Simon Bolivar

"A healthy nation is as unconscious of its nationality as a healthy man of his bones. But if you break a nation's nationality it will think of nothing else but getting it set again." - George Bernard Shaw
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 10:46:01 PM

Wow, that acceleration is crazy.

It's only going to get far worse before it gets better. Our leaders chose for this to happen
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 10:47:38 PM

Lol, if Europeans are simply resigned to daily terrorist attacks and strip searches in every building that's *worse* than fear
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 10:55:01 PM
At 7/26/2016 10:46:01 PM, thett3 wrote:

It's only going to get far worse before it gets better. Our leaders chose for this to happen

What's really the root cause, though? I would say it's interventions and wars without an understanding of the Middle East, and then being unable to deal with the fallout from consequences not considered well enough. The west - but mostly the US and UK - have created refugees that they don't know how to deal with.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 10:57:50 PM
At 7/26/2016 10:55:01 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

What's really the root cause, though? I would say it's interventions and wars without an understanding of the Middle East, and then being unable to deal with the fallout from consequences not considered well enough. The west - but mostly the US and UK - have created refugees that they don't know how to deal with.

Agreed. There is no dumber set of policies than invade the world and invite the world.

We destabilize the islamic world for decades on end and then wonder why we're getting attacked by unassimilable people who come from a totally alien culture. Our leaders cannot possibly be dumb enough to not realize this...they just don't care
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 11:04:21 PM
At 7/26/2016 10:57:50 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 7/26/2016 10:55:01 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

Agreed. There is no dumber set of policies than invade the world and invite the world.

We destabilize the islamic world for decades on end and then wonder why we're getting attacked by unassimilable people who come from a totally alien culture. Our leaders cannot possibly be dumb enough to not realize this...they just don't care

http://www.telegraph.co.uk...

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2016 12:33:01 AM
At 7/26/2016 10:47:38 PM, thett3 wrote:

Lol, if Europeans are simply resigned to daily terrorist attacks and strip searches in every building that's *worse* than fear

Remember, The DNC said this country is already great, there's no way it can get any better. This is the new normal.