Jump to topic:

Why will nobody admit France opresses Muslims

smelisox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2016 5:48:04 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
France is a xenophobic country. They opress Muslims. They've outlawed the Burqah, the Veil, and the financing of mosques. It is however legal to wear a Kippah or to finance a Synagogue. You can't insult a Jew or deny the Holocaust, though you can insult Muslims and deny the Crusades as "freedom of speech". Charlie Hebdo are heralded as Gods for insulting Mohammed, yet one of their writers made a joke about a jewish politician and got locked up (or at least severely fined, got to admit I've forgotten the sentence he got, and am in too much of a hurry to check). I know, off the top of my head, ten different cases where people were arrested for insulting a Jew (Dieudonn", CH above) but only one where someone was done in for insulting a Muslim. And the against a Muslim case was forty years ago, and was pretty violent (Dieudonn" and Charlie Hebdo artist made JOKES, she said they were "worse than n1ggers" or something to that effect).
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2016 5:29:01 PM
At 7/30/2016 5:48:04 AM, smelisox wrote:
France is a xenophobic country. They opress Muslims. They've outlawed the Burqah, the Veil, and the financing of mosques. It is however legal to wear a Kippah or to finance a Synagogue. You can't insult a Jew or deny the Holocaust, though you can insult Muslims and deny the Crusades as "freedom of speech". Charlie Hebdo are heralded as Gods for insulting Mohammed, yet one of their writers made a joke about a jewish politician and got locked up (or at least severely fined, got to admit I've forgotten the sentence he got, and am in too much of a hurry to check). I know, off the top of my head, ten different cases where people were arrested for insulting a Jew (Dieudonn", CH above) but only one where someone was done in for insulting a Muslim. And the against a Muslim case was forty years ago, and was pretty violent (Dieudonn" and Charlie Hebdo artist made JOKES, she said they were "worse than n1ggers" or something to that effect).

Yes they do. Now what?
tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2016 6:02:05 PM
At 7/31/2016 5:34:14 PM, YYW wrote:
France does not oppress Muslims, and any suggestion to the contrary is absurd.

If you didn't realize yet, the OP is a true idiot. No point responding to him.
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2016 6:05:38 PM

Yep. Millions of Euros in government assistance and lack of care for assimilation is definitely oppression. These Muslims are able to have their own quasi-states while getting funding from the French government.

I say we truly oppress them and deport every one of from from France and the rest of Europe.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2016 7:15:45 PM
France is a nationalistic country.
fixed

They opress Muslims. They've outlawed the Burqah, the Veil, and the financing of mosques.
No, get your details correct. France outlawed FOREIGN financing of Mosques, and there is logical and sound reasoning behind this. Many Islamist nations have been known to "radicalize" and corrupt mosques through foreign funding. If they outlaw foreign financing, French Mosques will be more likely to be more "western" and classical liberal.

It is however legal to wear a Kippah or to finance a Synagogue.
When is Radical Judaism a problem? When is a Kippah anywhere near as covering as a Burqa or Niqab (whatever).

The west has better treatment of women than the middle east does, so why is it a problem that muslim women need to hide themselves? It isn't like men are rapists without control or women are sex objects.

You can't insult a Jew or deny the Holocaust, though you can insult Muslims and deny the Crusades as "freedom of speech". Charlie Hebdo are heralded as Gods for insulting Mohammed, yet one of their writers made a joke about a jewish politician and got locked up (or at least severely fined, got to admit I've forgotten the sentence he got, and am in too much of a hurry to check). I know, off the top of my head, ten different cases where people were arrested for insulting a Jew (Dieudonn", CH above) but only one where someone was done in for insulting a Muslim. And the against a Muslim case was forty years ago, and was pretty violent (Dieudonn" and Charlie Hebdo artist made JOKES, she said they were "worse than n1ggers" or something to that effect).

this is too funny, your statements carry very little evidence.
someloser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2016 8:57:17 PM
Because they don't oppress Muslims.

France is a xenophobic country.
Xenophobic now means good.

They opress Muslims.
No they don't

They've outlawed the Burqah, the Veil, and the financing of mosques. It is however legal to wear a Kippah or to finance a Synagogue.
That's not oppression. Muslims don't have to live in France. No one is forcing them to stay.

You can't insult a Jew or deny the Holocaust,

though you can insult Muslims and deny the Crusades as "freedom of speech".

Charlie Hebdo are heralded as Gods for insulting Mohammed, yet one of their writers made a joke about a jewish politician and got locked up (or at least severely fined, got to admit I've forgotten the sentence he got, and am in too much of a hurry to check).
You're not making a case for France oppressing Muslims so much as France being inappropriately influenced by the Chosen people.

I know, off the top of my head, ten different cases where people were arrested for insulting a Jew (Dieudonn", CH above)
See above. That's not a good thing at all.
Ego sum qui sum. Deus lo vult.

"America is ungovernable; those who served the revolution have plowed the sea." - Simon Bolivar

"A healthy nation is as unconscious of its nationality as a healthy man of his bones. But if you break a nation's nationality it will think of nothing else but getting it set again." - George Bernard Shaw
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2016 12:20:35 PM

Whatever France actually is, it's still better than the Sharia controlled hell hole they came. They voted in my favor by leaving and going to France. You could try to immigrate to a Middle Eastern country to see how you get treated. You'd run to France happily.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
smelisox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2016 6:28:53 PM
At 8/1/2016 12:20:35 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

Whatever France actually is, it's still better than the Sharia controlled hell hole they came. They voted in my favor by leaving and going to France. You could try to immigrate to a Middle Eastern country to see how you get treated. You'd run to France happily.

UAE and Saudi Arabia are cool. Turkey was 60 years ago.
Middle East = Huge Place. Stop with racist sweeping generalisatons.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2016 5:01:42 PM
Posted: 3 months ago

They could go to Pakistan and give it a go. If France is "phobic" what are all the Muslim countries who execute homosexuals, kill Atheists and Christians, and burn down churches...
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

smelisox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2016 5:07:52 PM
At 8/18/2016 5:01:42 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

They could go to Pakistan and give it a go. If France is "phobic" what are all the Muslim countries who execute homosexuals, kill Atheists and Christians, and burn down churches...

That's hardly opressing muslims, is it? You're a big boy, what do we call those people?
That's right Bronty, non-muslims. Have an F for f-ort.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2016 5:10:23 PM
At 8/18/2016 5:07:52 PM, smelisox wrote:
At 8/18/2016 5:01:42 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

That's hardly opressing muslims, is it? You're a big boy, what do we call those people?
That's right Bronty, non-muslims. Have an F for f-ort.

In other words the only ones obligated to accept others are...white countries.