Total Posts:17|Showing Posts:1-17
Jump to topic:

Tonight: YYW on Trump, Clinton, and Russia

YYW
Posts: 36,289
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2016 4:05:54 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
For a while now I've suggested that Trump has ties to Russian business interests and Russian intelligence. I also have said some things about Assange's connection to Russian intelligence, and how Wikileaks plays into Putin's geopolitical strategy.

If people are interested, I'm going to talk about Putin, Hillary Clinton, and Trump this evening in the hangout. There are some things going on that really I'm surprised the media hasn't picked up on yet. The basic idea would be for me to outline Russia's geopolitical interests, and talk about how Trump and Clinton fit into that. Then, discuss how Putin is going to go about achieving his goals.

All of this starts with Ukraine drifting into the European economic sphere with the support of NATO countries and the US, and is buttressed by the vast majority of the work that Hillary Clinton did when she was secretary of state.

Putin is terrified of Hillary Clinton, but knows he can blackmail or buy off Trump.

I wasn't aware of this stuff until very recently, because I didn't know about the extent of Trump's connection to Russian enterprise. In particular, I didn't know about his connections to Russian construction, banking, and mining (read: the specific industries that were hit hardest by Obama's sanctions of Russia after Russia took Crimea). So if people are interested, I might discuss that for a little while at some point this evening.

Let me know if people want to hear that.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Posts: 36,289
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2016 5:33:21 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
I think this was a success.

If in the future people would like me to discuss things, I'm happy to do it.
Tsar of DDO
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2016 12:53:31 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
NEW YORK TIMES

-The headline on the website Pravda trumpeted President Vladimir V. Putin"s latest coup, its nationalistic fervor recalling an era when its precursor served as the official mouthpiece of the Kremlin: "Russian Nuclear Energy Conquers the World."

The article, in January 2013, detailed how the Russian atomic energy agency, Rosatom, had taken over a Canadian company with uranium-mining stakes stretching from Central Asia to the American West. The deal made Rosatom one of the world"s largest uranium producers and brought Mr. Putin closer to his goal of controlling much of the global uranium supply chain.

But the untold story behind that story is one that involves not just the Russian president, but also a former American president and a woman who would like to be the next one.

At the heart of the tale are several men, leaders of the Canadian mining industry, who have been major donors to the charitable endeavors of former President Bill Clinton and his family. Members of that group built, financed and eventually sold off to the Russians a company that would become known as Uranium One.

Beyond mines in Kazakhstan that are among the most lucrative in the world, the sale gave the Russians control of one-fifth of all uranium production capacity in the United States. Since uranium is considered a strategic asset, with implications for national security, the deal had to be approved by a committee composed of representatives from a number of United States government agencies. Among the agencies that eventually signed off was the State Department, then headed by Mr. Clinton"s wife, Hillary Rodham Clinton.

As the Russians gradually assumed control of Uranium One in three separate transactions from 2009 to 2013, Canadian records show, a flow of cash made its way to the Clinton Foundation. Uranium One"s chairman used his family foundation to make four donations totaling $2.35 million. Those contributions were not publicly disclosed by the Clintons, despite an agreement Mrs. Clinton had struck with the Obama White House to publicly identify all donors. Other people with ties to the company made donations as well.

And shortly after the Russians announced their intention to acquire a majority stake in Uranium One, Mr. Clinton received $500,000 for a Moscow speech from a Russian investment bank with links to the Kremlin that was promoting Uranium One stock.

mobile.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/us/cash-flowed-to-clinton-foundation-as-russians-pressed-for-control-of-uranium-company.html
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
YYW
Posts: 36,289
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2016 1:22:15 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
The news is starting to cover this, exactly as I said they would.

http://nymag.com...

1. Paul Manafort, Trump"s campaign manager, previously worked on behalf of a pro-Russian candidate"s effort to bring Ukraine back into Moscow"s orbit, a campaign that enjoyed Russian support. Michael Crowley reports that Manafort"s joining the Trump campaign was an inflection point. Despite a fondness for Putin as a strong leader who crushes his enemies, Trump had a hawkish line on his aggression against Ukraine. "We should definitely be strong. We should definitely do sanctions," said Trump, who described Putin"s seizure of Crimea as taking Ukraine"s "heart and soul." Since Manafort signed on, his tone has changed radically.

2. A second source of influence on Trump"s Russia policy is his Russia adviser, Carter Page. Christina Wilkie and S.V. Date report that, just days before Trump"s convention (where his campaign beat back a plank to endorse defensive weapons for Ukraine), Page traveled to Russia and delivered speeches criticizing American policy toward Russia as "hypocritical," and called for an end to the sanctions imposed after the Ukraine invasion.

As Masha Froliak notes, Page is heavily invested in Gazprom. Gazprom is not merely a Russian firm the way Apple is an American one. It is a lever of the regime"s power, used to dispense patronage to allies and threaten countries that stand in the way of Russia"s foreign-policy goals. Page has complained that the sanctions hurt his energy firm"s bottom line.

3. Jeff Nesbit delves into the murky " and largely hidden " financial connections between Trump and Russia. This is the most potentially explosive piece of the relationship, and also the most inscrutable. Nesbit cites a lawsuit against Trump Soho, a hotel project that attracted financing from Russian underworld figures. (Read Michael Idov"s 2008 New York feature on the murky construction of the building.) A lawsuit cited by Nesbit "alleged that a primary source of funding for Trump"s big projects with Bayrock arrived "magically" from sources in Russia and Kazakhstan whenever the business interest needed funding." This gets closer to the deepest suspicion surrounding Trump: Because his multiple bankruptcies have made him un-creditworthy " banks don"t like lending money to people who make a practice of not paying back the loans " he has had to turn to unconventional sources. It is possible Trump is merely intertwined with Russians, as with other sources of capital. But it is also possible he has grown uniquely dependent on them in a way that gives Russia leverage over his policies.

The Trump-Russia connection would be a first-tier campaign scandal and probably a complete disqualification by its own volition, if it were not for the daily parade of jaw-dropping offenses that have commanded attention. There"s a reason why the Russian propaganda apparatus on television and the internet have thrown themselves behind Trump, and why the Russian hack of the Democratic National Committee was released at just the time when it could do the most damage. What we don"t know for certain is just what that reason is.
Tsar of DDO
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2016 10:50:14 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 8/5/2016 10:12:07 PM, YYW wrote:
In two to four weeks, Trump's connection to Russian banking will be revealed.

So you're voting Clinton now?
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
YYW
Posts: 36,289
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2016 11:59:51 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 8/5/2016 10:50:14 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 8/5/2016 10:12:07 PM, YYW wrote:
In two to four weeks, Trump's connection to Russian banking will be revealed.

So you're voting Clinton now?

I think I'm going to.

I also got an invite from a friend of mine to become more involved in the campaign, and I might do that now that Tim Kane is on board. I really like him a lot, and even though I don't think Hillary is perfect, I think she will be ok enough.

On a personal level, I know she has dome some corrupt things, but what she wants to do... I can get behind. Whether she uses her position to enrich herself or not, I don't really care. I use my position to my own benefit, I guess it's not fair that I should hold her to a higher standard.
Tsar of DDO
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2016 12:02:22 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 8/5/2016 11:59:51 PM, YYW wrote:
At 8/5/2016 10:50:14 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 8/5/2016 10:12:07 PM, YYW wrote:
In two to four weeks, Trump's connection to Russian banking will be revealed.

So you're voting Clinton now?

I think I'm going to.

I also got an invite from a friend of mine to become more involved in the campaign, and I might do that now that Tim Kane is on board. I really like him a lot, and even though I don't think Hillary is perfect, I think she will be ok enough.

On a personal level, I know she has dome some corrupt things, but what she wants to do... I can get behind. Whether she uses her position to enrich herself or not, I don't really care. I use my position to my own benefit, I guess it's not fair that I should hold her to a higher standard.

Fair enough.

I only want Clinton to become President if Trump is actually tied to Russia or if the Democrats somehow win the House.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
YYW
Posts: 36,289
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2016 12:05:11 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 8/6/2016 12:02:22 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 8/5/2016 11:59:51 PM, YYW wrote:
At 8/5/2016 10:50:14 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 8/5/2016 10:12:07 PM, YYW wrote:
In two to four weeks, Trump's connection to Russian banking will be revealed.

So you're voting Clinton now?

I think I'm going to.

I also got an invite from a friend of mine to become more involved in the campaign, and I might do that now that Tim Kane is on board. I really like him a lot, and even though I don't think Hillary is perfect, I think she will be ok enough.

On a personal level, I know she has dome some corrupt things, but what she wants to do... I can get behind. Whether she uses her position to enrich herself or not, I don't really care. I use my position to my own benefit, I guess it's not fair that I should hold her to a higher standard.

Fair enough.

I only want Clinton to become President if Trump is actually tied to Russia or if the Democrats somehow win the House.

Trump really is tied to Russian banking, oil and construction. However, I certainly understand if you don't want to take my word for it.

This will unfold pretty soon.
Tsar of DDO
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2016 12:11:15 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 8/6/2016 12:05:11 AM, YYW wrote:
At 8/6/2016 12:02:22 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 8/5/2016 11:59:51 PM, YYW wrote:
Fair enough.

I only want Clinton to become President if Trump is actually tied to Russia or if the Democrats somehow win the House.

Trump really is tied to Russian banking, oil and construction. However, I certainly understand if you don't want to take my word for it.

This will unfold pretty soon.

Well it's not necessarily I don't believe what you say, it's that I'm giving a standard amount of doubt until it may actually be revealed.

I'd be surprised if the FBI and/or CIA aren't currently looking into it.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
YYW
Posts: 36,289
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2016 12:15:07 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 8/6/2016 12:11:15 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 8/6/2016 12:05:11 AM, YYW wrote:
At 8/6/2016 12:02:22 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 8/5/2016 11:59:51 PM, YYW wrote:
Fair enough.

I only want Clinton to become President if Trump is actually tied to Russia or if the Democrats somehow win the House.

Trump really is tied to Russian banking, oil and construction. However, I certainly understand if you don't want to take my word for it.

This will unfold pretty soon.

Well it's not necessarily I don't believe what you say, it's that I'm giving a standard amount of doubt until it may actually be revealed.

Fair enough, but as a rule when people say crazy things--or at least things that sound crazy--people tend not to believe them. But this is true.

I'd be surprised if the FBI and/or CIA aren't currently looking into it.

I'm sure the FBI and CIA already know.
Tsar of DDO
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,288
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2016 12:30:25 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 8/6/2016 12:15:07 AM, YYW wrote:
At 8/6/2016 12:11:15 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 8/6/2016 12:05:11 AM, YYW wrote:
At 8/6/2016 12:02:22 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 8/5/2016 11:59:51 PM, YYW wrote:
Fair enough.

I only want Clinton to become President if Trump is actually tied to Russia or if the Democrats somehow win the House.

Trump really is tied to Russian banking, oil and construction. However, I certainly understand if you don't want to take my word for it.

This will unfold pretty soon.

Well it's not necessarily I don't believe what you say, it's that I'm giving a standard amount of doubt until it may actually be revealed.

Fair enough, but as a rule when people say crazy things--or at least things that sound crazy--people tend not to believe them. But this is true.

I'd be surprised if the FBI and/or CIA aren't currently looking into it.

I'm sure the FBI and CIA already know.

You say "Russia" like it's a bad thing....
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,288
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2016 1:50:57 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
Russia is a far better help to the USA in combatting ISIS and extremism than any other NATO "ally"

The USA should really consider withdrawing from NATO.
RookieApologist
Posts: 469
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2016 4:07:27 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/19/2016 1:29:25 PM, YYW wrote:
I predicted this, and there will be more to come:

http://www.politico.com...

I would love for you to discuss the corruption that is the Clinton foundation and its ties to Syria, the former Soviet Union, China, et al.

I think you'll see it makes any ties Trump has to Russia seem fairly petty by comparison.
YYW
Posts: 36,289
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2016 12:36:30 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/19/2016 4:07:27 PM, RookieApologist wrote:
At 8/19/2016 1:29:25 PM, YYW wrote:
I predicted this, and there will be more to come:

http://www.politico.com...

I would love for you to discuss the corruption that is the Clinton foundation and its ties to Syria, the former Soviet Union, China, et al.

I think you'll see it makes any ties Trump has to Russia seem fairly petty by comparison.

join a hangout a and I willl.
Tsar of DDO