Political AMA

PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2016 11:41:53 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 8/2/2016 11:36:24 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
Seeing this is the new trend on DDO, I'm going to have a go at it.

Ask away.

Should the US annex Canada peacefully or with military force?
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2016 11:45:25 PM

Ask away.

Thoughts on NAP.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 12:01:34 AM
At 8/2/2016 11:41:53 PM, PetersSmith wrote:

Ask away.

Should the US annex Canada peacefully or with military force?

I think we should use the Maple Syrup Scandal as leverage to gain political influence in their parliament. Then we elect a puppet Prime Minister, and he will allow us to annex Canada without bloodshed.
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 12:02:30 AM
At 8/2/2016 11:42:10 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
Opinion on Senator Harambe?

I think he has a great chance. His time in the senate should be yuuuge.
tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 12:04:53 AM
At 8/2/2016 11:45:25 PM, lannan13 wrote:

Ask away.

Thoughts on NAP.

Which NAP are you referring to?
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 12:26:37 AM
At 8/3/2016 12:04:53 AM, tajshar2k wrote:

Ask away.

Thoughts on NAP.

Nonaggression Prinicple.

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 12:29:31 AM

Ask away.

Do you agree with Just War theory?
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 12:32:12 AM
At 8/3/2016 12:26:37 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 8/3/2016 12:04:53 AM, tajshar2k wrote:

Ask away.

Thoughts on NAP.

Nonaggression Prinicple.

I agree with it for the most part, though I think in some cases, it makes sense to bypass it.
tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 12:34:59 AM
At 8/3/2016 12:29:31 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

Ask away.

Do you agree with Just War theory?

In some cases like WW2, I agree with it.
NothingSpecial99
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 1:10:30 AM

Ask away.

If you were to rank the United States as a country on a scale of 1 - 10 (1 the worst and 10 the best), what score would you give?
"Check your facts, not your privilege" - Christina Hoff Summers

If you go to jail for Tax Evasion, you're living off of Taxes as a result of not paying Taxes

"Facts don't care about your feelings" - Ben Shapiro
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 2:42:08 AM

Ask away.

Thoughts on Vermont Carry?

tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 4:31:44 AM
At 8/3/2016 1:10:30 AM, NothingSpecial99 wrote:

Ask away.

If you were to rank the United States as a country on a scale of 1 - 10 (1 the worst and 10 the best), what score would you give?

On an honest ranking, I would give it an 8/10. The country is truly great. I never seen a country where so many diverse people have lived together and lived in peace and prosperity (for the most part) there isn't really any welcoming nation like the U.S, and it truly makes you proud to say you are an American. If you are wondering why I didnt give it a 10/10, is because like other countries, it has it's flaws. I think there are issues with things like healthcare costs, criminal justice and racism in some areas, but overall it's a great country.
tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 4:33:43 AM
At 8/3/2016 2:42:08 AM, lannan13 wrote:

Ask away.

Thoughts on Vermont Carry?

Vermont is a rural state with an educated populace. Since hunting and other recreational activities are common, I'm perfectly fine with it. It also has one of the lowest crime rates in America, and is even safer than some Canadian and European cities.
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 7:06:13 AM
At 8/3/2016 4:31:44 AM, tajshar2k wrote:

Ask away.

On an honest ranking, I would give it an 8/10. The country is truly great. I never seen a country where so many diverse people have lived together and lived in peace and prosperity (for the most part) there isn't really any welcoming nation like the U.S, and it truly makes you proud to say you are an American. If you are wondering why I didnt give it a 10/10, is because like other countries, it has it's flaws. I think there are issues with things like healthcare costs, criminal justice and racism in some areas, but overall it's a great country.

Would you give any country a 9 or 10/10?

What is your opinion on Donald Trump?

What is the solution to fighting ISIS?

Which faction in the Syrian civil war do you support?

Did the US pull out of Iraq too early?
tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 1:46:38 PM
At 8/3/2016 7:06:13 AM, triangle.128k wrote:

Ask away.

Not really. I can't think of a country like that, but I would give the Swiss and Canada an 8/10 as well.

He has made some good points, but I don't trust him to act upon it, and I don't think it is wise for his to be president either.

We just need to continue to bomb them, and keep their numbers down, but the goal should be to get Assad to fight ISIS, and let his take control of his own country. We should have never got involved.

I'm not a huge fan of any, but I guess the Kurds are alright.

Yes and No. We pulled too early, but even if we pulled out in 2016, ISIS or some other group would have came to power. I think Republicans are trying to deflect the blame on Obama for leaving early, but the truth is, that it would have happened eventually when he left. The issue is why we went into Iraq in the first place.
xus00HAY
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 3:11:41 PM
"If you were to rank the United States as a country on a scale of 1 - 10 (1 the worst and 10 the best), what score would you give"

triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 4:10:12 PM
At 8/3/2016 1:46:38 PM, tajshar2k wrote:

Ask away.

Not really. I can't think of a country like that, but I would give the Swiss and Canada an 8/10 as well.
Would you give any other country besides Switzerland, US, and Canada a 8/10?

He has made some good points, but I don't trust him to act upon it, and I don't think it is wise for his to be president either.

We just need to continue to bomb them, and keep their numbers down, but the goal should be to get Assad to fight ISIS, and let his take control of his own country. We should have never got involved.
Assad is a d!ckhead though, he might be secular but he's a totalitarian ruler who's been responsible for chemical weapons and awful human rights violations.

What do you think of the Free Syrian Army?

Yes and No. We pulled too early, but even if we pulled out in 2016, ISIS or some other group would have came to power. I think Republicans are trying to deflect the blame on Obama for leaving early, but the truth is, that it would have happened eventually when he left. The issue is why we went into Iraq in the first place.

So you think it wouldn't be realistic to help Iraq the same way we helped Taiwan, South Korea, and Japan modernize?
tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 4:20:04 PM
At 8/3/2016 4:10:12 PM, triangle.128k wrote:

Ask away.

No, I can't think of any other country.

I might actually give the U.S and 8.5 :p

Assad is a d!ckhead though, he might be secular but he's a totalitarian ruler who's been responsible for chemical weapons and awful human rights violations.

I know, but the alternative is ISIS. I rather have a leader who has the country in a stable position rather than ISIS running it. I guess we can negotiate with Assad.

Largely negative. There are several cases of them committing sexual assault and rape, and many of them are affiliated with ISIS.

So you think it wouldn't be realistic to help Iraq the same way we helped Taiwan, South Korea, and Japan modernize?

No, Taiwan, South Korea and Japan do not follow some asinine religion, which influences they way they behave. As long as Islam is there, that part of the world will never modernize.
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 4:38:46 PM
At 8/3/2016 4:20:04 PM, tajshar2k wrote:

Ask away.

What would you give Britain, New Zealand, Australia, and France?

I know, but the alternative is ISIS. I rather have a leader who has the country in a stable position rather than ISIS running it. I guess we can negotiate with Assad.
What about the FSA?

Largely negative. There are several cases of them committing sexual assault and rape, and many of them are affiliated with ISIS.
That's a minority of the rebels though, and a few sexual assaults are nothing compared to what Assad did. The group is largely secular, even though there are a few bad apples here and there.

No, Taiwan, South Korea and Japan do not follow some asinine religion, which influences they way they behave. As long as Islam is there, that part of the world will never modernize.

I think radicalism and politics are more of a problem than the religion. I dislike Islam too, but I don't think it would be reasonable to blame purely the religion itself on everything going on in the middle east.

I don't think Iraq could have modernized the same way Eastern Asia did though, just wanted to know what your thoughts on it were.
tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2016 5:00:13 PM
At 8/3/2016 4:38:46 PM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 8/3/2016 4:20:04 PM, tajshar2k wrote:

Ask away.

What would you give Britain, New Zealand, Australia, and France?

Britain 6/10
New Zealand 7.5/10
Australia 6.5/10
France 6/10

What about the FSA?

We been funding the FSA since 2011. No progress has been made. Many of them are nearly as bad as Assad, and it's basically a non-factor in the war now.

That's a minority of the rebels though, and a few sexual assaults are nothing compared to what Assad did. The group is largely secular, even though there are a few bad apples here and there.

I don't trust them. I think a large amount have joined ISIS or are supporting ISIS. They are pretty useless. The Kurds are a more useful ally.

I think radicalism and politics are more of a problem than the religion. I dislike Islam too, but I don't think it would be reasonable to blame purely the religion itself on everything going on in the middle east.

I don't think Iraq could have modernized the same way Eastern Asia did though, just wanted to know what your thoughts on it were.

I certainly think it's the main cause. It's the reason why no progress is ever made in that part of the world. It's maybe not the only reason, but the main reason.