Jump to topic:

Unfit

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2016 12:34:37 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
Ok, lets get some clarity. Lets hear all your definitions of what make a Presidential candidate unfit to be President.

There is one thing that does not disqualify anyone from being President. Saying something you disagree with or offends you. That does not make anyone unfit to be President.

I say you have to have a severe medical condition, be guilty of or be under investigation of a felony crime or crimes, mishandling of classified information intentionally or out of gross negligence., taking money from foreign govts and nationals in exchange for access to American govt quid pro quo. Those are a few that should make you unfit to be President, I'm sure I could think of more.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2016 12:40:33 AM
The only thing, the ONLY thing, that makes a president unfit is when he/she has absolutely no fear of the people when he/she actively makes decisions in his/her interests, and not the people.

A braindead president would be much more fit than that.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2016 1:48:30 AM
At 8/5/2016 12:40:33 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
The only thing, the ONLY thing, that makes a president unfit is when he/she has absolutely no fear of the people when he/she actively makes decisions in his/her interests, and not the people.

There's a sizable portion of the country who perceives donald trump precisely as you've described.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2016 1:51:45 AM
At 8/5/2016 1:48:30 AM, 000ike wrote:

There's a sizable portion of the country who perceives donald trump precisely as you've described.

Good, then he will be impeached in his first week.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2016 2:02:06 AM
At 8/5/2016 1:51:45 AM, Greyparrot wrote:

Good, then he will be impeached in his first week

After he disrespected the khan family, republicans, democrats, and many of his own ardent supporters called on him to apologize. He didn't. He has never apologized for anything to anyone ... even when public opinion is overwhelmingly against whatever he said or did.

He does not fear the people.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2016 2:19:35 AM
At 8/5/2016 2:02:06 AM, 000ike wrote:

After he disrespected the khan family, republicans, democrats, and many of his own ardent supporters called on him to apologize. He didn't. He has never apologized for anything to anyone ... even when public opinion is overwhelmingly against whatever he said or did.

We should also tolerate the KKK because just one member of the KKK died in a war too.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2016 3:40:00 AM

Just as fearless as Clinton who said the surviving families of the Benghazhi victims are just crazy with grief for blaming her.
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2016 7:05:17 AM
At 8/5/2016 2:19:35 AM, Greyparrot wrote:

We should also tolerate the KKK because just one member of the KKK died in a war too.

The Civil War?
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2016 7:31:09 AM
At 8/5/2016 7:05:17 AM, desmac wrote:

The Civil War?

Who cares? You can't talk about how we need to be careful with a group of people with terrorist tendencies, because of multiple examples, and call it bigotry, and then at the same time declare all Muslims heroes because of one example.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2016 1:14:34 PM
At 8/5/2016 7:31:09 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 8/5/2016 7:05:17 AM, desmac wrote:

The Civil War?

Who cares? You can't talk about how we need to be careful with a group of people with terrorist tendencies, because of multiple examples, and call it bigotry, and then at the same time declare all Muslims heroes because of one example.

You can if you're a liberal. Trust me. I've seen them do it. If you ask them what they are rioting about in groups they'll get huffy, then get quiet, then seemingly have a moment of self reflection realizing they aren't sure. Then the head libtard will tell them why and they'll begin burning cars, attacking cops, and looking for someone white to yell at and get to the ground to stomp WWE style. And people with this exactmindset are running this country. Read "Dreams from my Father". Yep, the dildong with ears that is in office today, by his own admission is anti-white, anti-west, anti-cop, anti-self and the definition of fuc*ed in the head.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2016 9:40:12 PM
So pretty much everyone uses the "I don't like what they said" as being an example of being unfit. Epic fail.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2016 1:46:28 AM
At 8/5/2016 12:34:37 AM, sadolite wrote:
Ok, lets get some clarity. Lets hear all your definitions of what make a Presidential candidate unfit to be President.

Regarding Trump, the number 1 disqualifier for me is the fact that the man has absolutely no critical thinking abilities. This is demonstrated by the number of conspiracy theories he has propagated. We're talking about a man who believes that Ted Cruz's Father was in on the JFK assassination, that global warming is a hoax perpetrated by the Chinese government, and that thousands of Muslims in new Jersey were cheering when the towers collapsed, among many other ridiculous things.

POTUS is a serious job for someone who is capable of making serious decisions. You can say all you want about Hillary being corrupt and how that will impact her decision making, that is a complete false equivalence. Trump is literally incapable of deciphering information. He jumps to conspiracy minded conclusions at the simplest hint of something wrong. He does not understand the concept of discipline before allowing your paranoid delusions to dictate how you interpret evidence, and he did it yet again with this $400 million payment to Iran, where he told a crowd of people that he saw the actual ransom payment being made because the news showed an image of a plane at night.

The idea of Trump making our most serious and consequential decisions is terrifying, and no rational person can put Hillary Clinton anywhere near the same camp without a breathtakingly dishonest amount of partisanship driving that thought.

Reason #2 is Trump's never before seen in american politics level of ignorance. This is a man who suggested that the US default on its debts, had no idea what the nuclear triad is, claimed he will eliminate our debt within 8 years, and didn't even know that Russia invaded Crimea. He literally knows less about political affairs than your regular CNN viewer. The man has absolutely no business running for president.

I'll stick with those two for now. There is so much obviously that can be said, but in terms of unfit, those are the two things that not only qualify but really are not debatable.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2016 2:03:28 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/6/2016 1:46:28 AM, Double_R wrote:

Regarding Trump, the number 1 disqualifier for me is the fact that the man has absolutely no critical thinking abilities. This is demonstrated by the number of conspiracy theories he has propagated. We're talking about a man who believes that Ted Cruz's Father was in on the JFK assassination, that global warming is a hoax perpetrated by the Chinese government, and that thousands of Muslims in new Jersey were cheering when the towers collapsed, among many other ridiculous things.

POTUS is a serious job for someone who is capable of making serious decisions. You can say all you want about Hillary being corrupt and how that will impact her decision making, that is a complete false equivalence. Trump is literally incapable of deciphering information. He jumps to conspiracy minded conclusions at the simplest hint of something wrong. He does not understand the concept of discipline before allowing your paranoid delusions to dictate how you interpret evidence, and he did it yet again with this $400 million payment to Iran, where he told a crowd of people that he saw the actual ransom payment being made because the news showed an image of a plane at night.

The idea of Trump making our most serious and consequential decisions is terrifying, and no rational person can put Hillary Clinton anywhere near the same camp without a breathtakingly dishonest amount of partisanship driving that thought.

Reason #2 is Trump's never before seen in american politics level of ignorance. This is a man who suggested that the US default on its debts, had no idea what the nuclear triad is, claimed he will eliminate our debt within 8 years, and didn't even know that Russia invaded Crimea. He literally knows less about political affairs than your regular CNN viewer. The man has absolutely no business running for president.

I'll stick with those two for now. There is so much obviously that can be said, but in terms of unfit, those are the two things that not only qualify but really are not debatable.

So pretty much what I said most people use as a dis qualifier "I don't like what he said". Being corrupt being lawless taking bribes Meh

Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2016 2:11:05 PM
At 8/6/2016 2:03:28 PM, sadolite wrote:

So pretty much what I said most people use as a dis qualifier "I don't like what he said". Being corrupt being lawless taking bribes Meh

Did you read a single word I said???

Obviously not. I said nothing that could even be confused for corruption or lawlessness. I would say that is just you ignoring every point I made so you could dismiss it, but I seriously don't even thing you glossed at it.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2016 3:37:23 PM
At 8/6/2016 2:11:05 PM, Double_R wrote:

Obviously not. I said nothing that could even be confused for corruption or lawlessness. I would say that is just you ignoring every point I made so you could dismiss it, but I seriously don't even thing you glossed at it.

Ya I did it's all your opinion

TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2016 5:13:13 PM

There is one thing that does not disqualify anyone from being President. Saying something you disagree with or offends you. That does not make anyone unfit to be President.

I say you have to have a severe medical condition, be guilty of or be under investigation of a felony crime or crimes, mishandling of classified information intentionally or out of gross negligence., taking money from foreign govts and nationals in exchange for access to American govt quid pro quo. Those are a few that should make you unfit to be President, I'm sure I could think of more.

Raping 13 yo girls?

Ripping off people in multiple scam businesses?

Being a giant horses a$$?

So many reasons to call Trump unfit.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2016 5:19:44 PM
At 8/6/2016 5:13:13 PM, TBR wrote:

Raping 13 yo girls?

Just so you know, the OP says what makes a President unfit. That means generic answers that applies to anyone running for President. I am not asking for your opinions about Donald Trump based of hearsay and rumor. Name things that apply to anyone like the examples I gave.

TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2016 5:23:32 PM
At 8/6/2016 5:19:44 PM, sadolite wrote:

Raping 13 yo girls?

Just so you know, the OP says what makes a President unfit. That means generic answers that applies to anyone running for President. I am not asking for your opinions about Donald Trump based of hearsay and rumor. Name things that apply to anyone like the examples I gave.

I am aware of the original statement, and the clear swipe you made at Clinton. I have no issue doing the same with a teen rapist.

So, watch this, and see if it meet your high standard. "I think raping 13yo girls and being a giant horses a$$ is reason to call a canidate unfit, regardless if you are a fake billionaire or not.
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2016 5:27:57 PM
At 8/6/2016 3:37:23 PM, sadolite wrote:

No, you clearly didn't. Not only did I not even talk about any of the things you attempted to characterize my statement as, but hardly anything I said is a matter of opinion. Trump has propagated many conspiracy theories, that is a fact. Trump told a room full of people that he saw the US ransom payment on TV because he saw a visual of a plane at night, that is a fact. Trump considered, out loud, the prospect of the US defaulting on its debt, that is a fact.

And all of that aside, you're asking what makes a president unfit... what the hell did you expect other than people's opinions?

If you had no interest in the topic then why did you bother to start a thread asking about it?
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2016 2:09:23 PM
At 8/6/2016 5:27:57 PM, Double_R wrote:

No, you clearly didn't. Not only did I not even talk about any of the things you attempted to characterize my statement as, but hardly anything I said is a matter of opinion. Trump has propagated many conspiracy theories, that is a fact. Trump told a room full of people that he saw the US ransom payment on TV because he saw a visual of a plane at night, that is a fact. Trump considered, out loud, the prospect of the US defaulting on its debt, that is a fact.

And all of that aside, you're asking what makes a president unfit... what the hell did you expect other than people's opinions?

If you had no interest in the topic then why did you bother to start a thread asking about it?

I saw the video of the plane, didn't you? Are you saying the news media is lying about the video of the plane? But at any rate difference of opinion doesn't qualify as being unfit. If difference of opinion and he said she said were reason enough no one would be fit to be President. I will go back to my first statement.

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2016 2:12:31 PM
At 8/6/2016 5:23:32 PM, TBR wrote:
At 8/6/2016 5:19:44 PM, sadolite wrote:

Raping 13 yo girls?

I am aware of the original statement, and the clear swipe you made at Clinton. I have no issue doing the same with a teen rapist.

So, watch this, and see if it meet your high standard. "I think raping 13yo girls and being a giant horses a$$ is reason to call a canidate unfit, regardless if you are a fake billionaire or not.

I never mentioned Hillary Clinton or ever said her name. Don't put words in my mouth.

Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2016 2:19:21 AM
At 8/7/2016 2:09:23 PM, sadolite wrote:

I saw the video of the plane, didn't you? Are you saying the news media is lying about the video of the plane? But at any rate difference of opinion doesn't qualify as being unfit. If difference of opinion and he said she said were reason enough no one would be fit to be President. I will go back to my first statement.

If you are going to respond to what I write... Try reading it.

First of all yes I saw the video of the plane... It was a video of a plane in Geneva Switzerland. Trump even admitted this the next day after a swarm of criticism over another Trump lie.

Beyond that... again... why do you bother asking a question you had no intention of listening to anyone answer? The question of what makes anyone unfit to be president is almost by definition a matter of opinion. No one is saying that he is unfit because we disagree with his positions, we're saying he is unfit because he is

A) Remarkably ignorant on how the world works, and

B) Demonstrated a pattern of jumping to alarmingly irrational conclusions due to a complete lack of critical thinking skills.

You either do not agree with A, B, or both, or you do not see these as necessary skills/traits of a president. Which one is it?
MadCatTB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2016 3:42:28 AM
I wouldn't bother reasoning with Greyparrot. His intellect is too small to comprehend the difference between fact and fiction. He's proved that with the idiotic comments he's made in not just this thread, but many others. He has no concept of nuance or degree. In short, he is a Donald Trump supporter.

Let him live in his fantasy world while the adults tend to the business of democracy.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2016 3:44:54 AM
At 8/8/2016 3:42:28 AM, MadCatTB wrote:
I wouldn't bother reasoning with Greyparrot. His intellect is too small to comprehend the difference between fact and fiction. He's proved that with the idiotic comments he's made in not just this thread, but many others. He has no concept of nuance or degree. In short, he is a Donald Trump supporter.

Let him live in his fantasy world while the adults tend to the business of democracy.

Are you short-circuiting too?
MadCatTB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2016 3:49:22 AM
At 8/8/2016 3:44:54 AM, Greyparrot wrote:

How does it feel to be a third rate mouth piece that regurgitates talking points from an authoritarian stooge? How does it feel that this is the only kind of political discourse that you're capable of engaging in? No matter how hard you try, you'll never be good enough to be taken seriously by anyone that matters. You are pathetic and powerless, and after Trump is crushed in the election you'll continue to be pathetic and powerless.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2016 3:49:56 AM
At 8/8/2016 3:49:22 AM, MadCatTB wrote:
At 8/8/2016 3:44:54 AM, Greyparrot wrote:

How does it feel to be a third rate mouth piece that regurgitates talking points from an authoritarian stooge? How does it feel that this is the only kind of political discourse that you're capable of engaging in? No matter how hard you try, you'll never be good enough to be taken seriously by anyone that matters. You are pathetic and powerless, and after Trump is crushed in the election you'll continue to be pathetic and powerless.

Is that you Hillary? Hi!
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2016 11:22:44 PM
At 8/8/2016 2:19:21 AM, Double_R wrote:
At 8/7/2016 2:09:23 PM, sadolite wrote:

If you are going to respond to what I write... Try reading it.

First of all yes I saw the video of the plane... It was a video of a plane in Geneva Switzerland. Trump even admitted this the next day after a swarm of criticism over another Trump lie.

Beyond that... again... why do you bother asking a question you had no intention of listening to anyone answer? The question of what makes anyone unfit to be president is almost by definition a matter of opinion. No one is saying that he is unfit because we disagree with his positions, we're saying he is unfit because he is

A) Remarkably ignorant on how the world works, and

B) Demonstrated a pattern of jumping to alarmingly irrational conclusions due to a complete lack of critical thinking skills.

You either do not agree with A, B, or both, or you do not see these as necessary skills/traits of a president. Which one is it?

But these are your opinions. The same could be said for every presidential candidate that ever ran for office.