Jump to topic:

Dear Conservatives:

Axonly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2016 12:45:21 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
Hi, I'm a left wing liberal and I'm here to say: Yes, I dislike a lot of what you support, but no, I don't hate you for it (You're doing what you believe is right, that's understandable).

<3 you

(I was sick of seeing petty flaming in this forum, so hopefully this would slightly defuse same hate)
Meh!
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2016 1:07:24 PM
At 8/7/2016 12:45:21 PM, Axonly wrote:
Hi, I'm a left wing liberal and I'm here to say: Yes, I dislike a lot of what you support, but no, I don't hate you for it (You're doing what you believe is right, that's understandable).

<3 you

(I was sick of seeing petty flaming in this forum, so hopefully this would slightly defuse same hate)

Agreed, why can't we all be decent human beings.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
NothingSpecial99
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2016 1:36:34 PM

<3 you

The feeling is mutual. Unfortunately it seems impossible to have a society where the hostile nature of the two party system doesn't eventually creep in.
"Check your facts, not your privilege" - Christina Hoff Summers

If you go to jail for Tax Evasion, you're living off of Taxes as a result of not paying Taxes

"Facts don't care about your feelings" - Ben Shapiro
Axonly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2016 2:11:00 PM
At 8/7/2016 1:07:24 PM, lannan13 wrote:

<3 you

Agreed, why can't we all be decent human beings.

We can be :)
Meh!
Axonly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2016 1:17:36 AM
At 8/7/2016 1:36:34 PM, NothingSpecial99 wrote:

<3 you

The feeling is mutual. Unfortunately it seems impossible to have a society where the hostile nature of the two party system doesn't eventually creep in.

It can be improved upon
Meh!
MadCatTB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2016 1:23:04 AM
I honestly dislike most Conservatives as people. Either they have this smug sense of superiority over everyone because they follow some self-imposed moral code that's based on nothing when you really get down to it, or they're too socially awkward to enjoy life and they want to make sure nobody else can either.

A lot of Liberals aren't much better to be honest. A lot of them are just trend following purists that refuse to consider nuance or reality. On the whole though, Liberals are generally more tolerable than Conservatives because their absolutist views of the world don't usually extend into my private life.
Axonly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2016 8:00:03 AM
At 8/8/2016 1:23:04 AM, MadCatTB wrote:
I honestly dislike most Conservatives as people. Either they have this smug sense of superiority over everyone because they follow some self-imposed moral code that's based on nothing when you really get down to it, or they're too socially awkward to enjoy life and they want to make sure nobody else can either.

A lot of Liberals aren't much better to be honest. A lot of them are just trend following purists that refuse to consider nuance or reality. On the whole though, Liberals are generally more tolerable than Conservatives because their absolutist views of the world don't usually extend into my private life.

Most people on either side of the spectrum are fine, we just notice the worse ones more easily.
Meh!
MattTheDreamer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2016 8:17:22 AM
I think my biggest problem with politics is that people from the opposite parties absolutely despise the other parties.

Liberals Hate Conservatives
Conservatives Hate Liberals

I mean in my country (England), people use the word Tory as an insult, as if being conservative was this horrific thing to be.
NestorTheZizek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 2:17:26 PM
Posted: 2 months ago

<3 you

Are you really left-wing? Or do you just believe in welfare and Black Lives Matter?
Zool
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 3:39:04 PM

<3 you

(I was sick of seeing petty flaming in this forum, so hopefully this would slightly defuse same hate) : :

If you want to get along with people of different views, it's much better to do that in person because most people are too afraid to speak their true thoughts directly to your face. In forums like this one, people are either speaking their true thoughts that cause all kinds of fear and mistrust or they simply troll to see what kind of reaction they can get out of other people.
Lookingatissues
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 3:46:39 PM
lookingattheissues response: Conservatives/ republicans, don't hate the individual who is liberal, conservatives disagree with the liberals ideologies and they hate what liberalism/ progressives, have done to the country with their policies.
<3 you

Axonly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 10:58:25 PM
At 9/25/2016 2:17:26 PM, NestorTheZizek wrote:

<3 you

Are you really left-wing? Or do you just believe in welfare and Black Lives Matter?

Fairly certain
Meh!
Snazzy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2016 11:48:29 PM
At 8/8/2016 8:17:22 AM, MattTheDreamer wrote:
I think my biggest problem with politics is that people from the opposite parties absolutely despise the other parties.

Liberals Hate Conservatives
Conservatives Hate Liberals

I mean in my country (England), people use the word Tory as an insult, as if being conservative was this horrific thing to be.

I hate stereotypical liberals. I don't automatically assume that I'm going to meet every liberal I meet, though.
Disclaimer: This post in no way reflects the views of NBC or any of its affiliates.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2016 2:50:15 PM

<3 you

thanks but we still hate you j/k! When we challenge a position with questions, facts and stats it quickly devolves into name calling and just emotional hysteria, that has been a majority of my experience, what I see on the news when 2 of each side debate a topic. those who don't do that, find themselves more moderate than liberal, but then again I think everyone should be moderate most of the time. We generally want the same things, how we do that is the point of contention. Like most things it maybe the vocal minority making the majority look bad, dunno, I try to treat everyone on an individual bases, best I can.