Jump to topic:

John Kasich

twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2016 12:02:18 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
How does everyone feel about John Kasich? I think he is a pretty good guy. He might be the only Republican primary candidate whose reputation was not ruined. If the Republicans nominated him, I think he would be the next President. I am surprised he did not get more love in the primaries. But, that is probably because he refused to pander to the voters and he maintained his moderate-conservative viewpoints.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2016 12:21:39 AM
At 8/8/2016 12:02:18 AM, twocupcakes wrote:
How does everyone feel about John Kasich? I think he is a pretty good guy. He might be the only Republican primary candidate whose reputation was not ruined. If the Republicans nominated him, I think he would be the next President. I am surprised he did not get more love in the primaries. But, that is probably because he refused to pander to the voters and he maintained his moderate-conservative viewpoints.

Establishment.
Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2016 12:26:47 AM
I liked him from the first time I saw him in a debate, around February, but the media basically ignored him, and he wasn't rude or forceful enough to take the limelight. Ironically the reason I liked him was cuz he maintained his composure on a circus of a stage show.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2016 12:57:08 AM
At 8/8/2016 12:26:47 AM, Emmarie wrote:
I liked him from the first time I saw him in a debate, around February, but the media basically ignored him, and he wasn't rude or forceful enough to take the limelight. Ironically the reason I liked him was cuz he maintained his composure on a circus of a stage show.

That makes for a good establishment politician, and a poor populist representative. However, he is even worse in the establishment role, having turned his back on the party's nominee, essentially backing clinton should Trump lose Ohio. (which he will without Kasich)
Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2016 12:59:04 AM
At 8/8/2016 12:57:08 AM, Greyparrot wrote:

That makes for a good establishment politician, and a poor populist representative. However, he is even worse in the establishment role, having turned his back on the party's nominee, essentially backing clinton should Trump lose Ohio. (which he will without Kasich)

yeah - that is pretty pathetic. I wonder why he didn't just endorse Johnson?
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2016 1:03:14 AM
At 8/8/2016 12:21:39 AM, Greyparrot wrote:

Establishment.

Just because someone is not from outside politics does not mean they are bad. There are decent politicians, and bad people who are not from the "establishment".
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2016 1:05:47 AM

Yeah, me too. I remember in a GOP debate it was asked what they would do about the supreme court ruling in favor of gay marriage. All the other candidates including Trump were all up in arms about how it was the worst thing in the world and how they will appoint justices to change it. Kasich seemed reasonable and said that although he is christian, it is time to move one from that, and he is okay with how things are.
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2016 1:08:24 AM

Dopey John Kasich can't eat right! Sad!
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2016 1:08:39 AM

I like Kasich a lot for turning his back on Trump. Kasich never directly insulted Trump. He just is standing by his principles. It makes Kasich look better that the other hypocrite politicians (Ryan, McCain, ect) who endorse Trump, but have to repeatably denounce Trump.
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2016 1:09:21 AM
At 8/8/2016 1:08:24 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:

Huh? Did Trump tweet that?
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2016 1:09:52 AM
At 8/8/2016 1:03:14 AM, twocupcakes wrote:

Establishment.

Just because someone is not from outside politics does not mean they are bad. There are decent politicians, and bad people who are not from the "establishment".

Yah, but Kasich is a particularly bad establishment candidate. So he has no traction with the progressive conservatives, nor the far right establishment whackjobs as well.
Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2016 1:10:17 AM

Oh - I just noticed that you said "essentially" backing Clinton. I read it too fast. It's not pathetic then, as long as he didn't officially back her! I don't support Trump either.
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2016 1:11:18 AM
At 8/8/2016 1:09:52 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 8/8/2016 1:03:14 AM, twocupcakes wrote:

Establishment.

Yah, but Kasich is a particularly bad establishment candidate. So he has no traction with the progressive conservatives, nor the far right establishment whackjobs as well.

Why is he bad? Kasich is reasonable, competent and respected. Kasich stands b his principles.
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2016 1:15:43 AM
At 8/8/2016 1:09:21 AM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 8/8/2016 1:08:24 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:

Huh? Did Trump tweet that?

No but I like talking in Trump tweets
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2016 1:16:05 AM

Kasich did not back Clinton. The only candidate he ruled out voting for is Clinton. Kasich has been attacking Clinton since he lost the primary. Kasich is doing what Trump should be doing and staying on message attacking Clinton.

The duumbfuck Republican voters essentially are backing Clinton by electing an insane incompetent lying man-baby who stands for nothing as their nominee.

Even Democrats hate Clinton. This election was the Republicans to lose.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2016 1:31:36 AM
At 8/8/2016 1:16:05 AM, twocupcakes wrote:

Kasich did not back Clinton. The only candidate he ruled out voting for is Clinton. Kasich has been attacking Clinton since he lost the primary. Kasich is doing what Trump should be doing and staying on message attacking Clinton.

The duumbfuck Republican voters essentially are backing Clinton by electing an insane incompetent lying man-baby who stands for nothing as their nominee.

I mean, we can go into minutia to explain why Kasich inspired single digit percentage support, but it essentially boils down to he has nothing to offer that the people want.
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2016 1:42:33 AM
At 8/8/2016 1:31:36 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 8/8/2016 1:16:05 AM, twocupcakes wrote:

I mean, we can go into minutia to explain why Kasich inspired single digit percentage support, but it essentially boils down to he has nothing to offer that the people want.

Donald Trump is the middle school kid running for class president offering everyone "McDonalds for Lunch", "No More Homework", and "Extra Vacation Days". The people want it, but it is fantasy. Only a delusional person or a dumbfuuck would think it is possible.

Kasich is competent enough to work for real change that will benefit people. If the people want to beat Clinton, Kasich was the answer.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2016 1:57:45 AM
At 8/8/2016 1:42:33 AM, twocupcakes wrote:

Donald Trump is the middle school kid running for class president offering everyone "McDonalds for Lunch", "No More Homework", and "Extra Vacation Days". The people want it, but it is fantasy. Only a delusional person or a dumbfuuck would think it is possible.

Kasich is competent enough to work for real change that will benefit people. If the people want to beat Clinton, Kasich was the answer.

I mean, we can go into minutia to explain why Kasich inspired single digit percentage support in the primaries, but it essentially boils down to that Kasich has nothing to offer that the people want.