Jump to topic:

Duterte calls U.S Ambassador "Homosexual"

bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2016 11:38:49 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
Duterte met with Kerry and Goldberg in late July to discuss the response to Manila winning an international court case against China at the Permanent Court of Arbitration at the Hague. Kerry, he told the audience Friday, is "okay, but I had an argument with their ambassador, that bakla [homosexual]. Son of a b1tch, he really annoys me." There is no record of Goldberg publicly identifying as gay, indicating Duterte meant to use the word purely derisively.

Duterte"s feud with Goldberg began while the former was still a presidential candidate. Goldberg issued a condemnation of a joke Duterte made on the campaign trail, suggesting that the gang rape of a young woman in Davao City, where he served as mayor for 22 years, was only a tragedy because he himself did not get to have sex with her first. "Any statements by anyone, anywhere that either degrade women or trivialize issues so serious as rape or murder, are not ones that we condone," Goldberg said at the time.

Duterte responded then to Goldberg that he would sever all diplomatic ties with the United States if he became president in response to Goldberg"s condemnation, and that he would give the United States "a sh1t" if Goldberg did not "shut your mouth." The rape remark landed Duterte in international news headlines and cemented his reputation abroad as loose-lipped and little concerned with maintaining a proper image.

On Friday, Duterte once again complained about Goldberg"s statement against his "joke." "Interfering in elections, giving statements here and there. You"re not supposed to do that," he complained.

Duterte also praised himself for insulting Americans. "This is great!" he told the audience, "let"s insult them again so these fools try to make amends again." Kerry inked a deal for America to provide the Philippines with $32 million to use in Duterte"s war on drugs, a cornerstone of his presidential campaign.

Duterte has repeatedly insulted those that oppose his war on drugs. To eradicate drug traffickers and addicts, Duterte has enabled the police to shoot first, ask questions later, and encouraged armed civilians to kill drug suspects by providing a bounty comprised of his leftover campaign funds. His administration is demanding the Philippine Congress funnel more money into rehabilitation centers to encourage addicts who do not traffic drugs to come forward to police and abandon drug abuse; those who do not face death in a police shootout.

In response to Duterte"s campaign, an estimated 500,000 drug addicts have turned themselves into authorities so far.

While Duterte has encouraged rehabilitation for addicts, particularly abusers of "shabu," or methamphetamine, he has called for the execution of drug traffickers on the streets. He has named the nation"s wealthiest drug traffickers, called out mayors and other politicians who enable toe trade, and repeatedly asserted he does not "care about human rights." "If I order the killing of someone, you cannot arrest me, I have immunity," he said in separate remarks Friday, drawing the ire of human rights organizations.

Rumors have circulated in Philippine media that mayors with ties to the drug trade have begged for private meetings with Duterte and cried before him, asking for police not to storm their homes.

Duterte"s National Police Chief, Director General Ronald dela Rosa, has said that conducting air strikes on the homes of "narco-mayors" is not out of the question: "If those providing them safe haven are armed, then we will request the Air Force to bomb the place."
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
BrendanD19
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2016 2:38:47 AM
At 8/9/2016 11:44:54 PM, Torton wrote:
I would say he's an as*hole, but that feels like an understatement.

+1
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2016 2:43:23 AM
Duterte is one of the greatest political figures of the modern era, right up there with Rob Ford and Donald J. Trump. He's making the Philippines great again and is single handedly doing more to stop violent crime than anyone in living memory
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2016 2:46:20 AM
At 8/10/2016 2:43:23 AM, thett3 wrote:
Duterte is one of the greatest political figures of the modern era, right up there with Rob Ford and Donald J. Trump. He's making the Philippines great again and is single handedly doing more to stop violent crime than anyone in living memory

He seems like a piece of filth.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2016 2:49:10 AM
The real pity is that the United States didn't hold onto the Philippines as a colony. It is such a disgusting country, otherwise.
Tsar of DDO
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2016 2:55:10 AM
He is without a doubt a dangerous head of state. I can only see his time ending badly.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2016 3:04:06 AM
"There is no due process in my mouth. You can't stop me, and I'm not afraid even if you say that I can end up in jail."

He recently gave the names of 150 government officials and warned them to turn themselves in within 24 hours, or else risk extrajudicial death. One of those officials was a long dead judge. He's walking an insane path.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Nivek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2016 3:23:13 AM
East Asia are not particularly known for their kindness.

Thai PM 'sorry' for 'bikini' insult to British murder victims
http://www.telegraph.co.uk...

His Excellency Prayuth,
"There are always problems with tourist safety, They think our country is beautiful and is safe so they can do whatever they want, they can wear bikinis and walk everywhere.Can they be safe in bikinis unless they are not beautiful?"
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2016 3:33:55 AM
At 8/10/2016 3:04:06 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
"There is no due process in my mouth. You can't stop me, and I'm not afraid even if you say that I can end up in jail."

He recently gave the names of 150 government officials and warned them to turn themselves in within 24 hours, or else risk extrajudicial death. One of those officials was a long dead judge. He's walking an insane path.

I concur.

Filth. Filthy country. Filthy politicians.
Tsar of DDO
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2016 4:15:42 AM
At 8/10/2016 2:49:10 AM, YYW wrote:
The real pity is that the United States didn't hold onto the Philippines as a colony. It is such a disgusting country, otherwise.

We should have made them a state when we had them.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2016 4:17:20 AM

Oh yeah, this guy uses profanity liberally and hates due process. However, the second he enacted those policies, 500k+ drug addicts confessed, so there's some good to his madness.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2016 4:17:54 AM
At 8/10/2016 2:43:23 AM, thett3 wrote:

That's true. There is quite a lot of good to his madness, but this may cause issues (and has been) on an individual level.

bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2016 4:18:17 AM
At 8/10/2016 2:49:53 AM, YYW wrote:
And you cannot "make great again" what has always been filth.

Correct. It would be "make great for the 1st time" lol

bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2016 4:18:45 AM

Yeah, but then we would have to bail them out if they do the same crap as Puerto Rico.

bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2016 4:19:47 AM
At 8/10/2016 4:15:42 AM, lannan13 wrote:

No thanks. I do not want 120 million Filipinos having complete citizenship in America. Imagine how many of them vote Democrat...

triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2016 12:46:59 PM
At 8/10/2016 4:19:47 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:

No thanks. I do not want 120 million Filipinos having complete citizenship in America. Imagine how many of them vote Democrat...

Leave them as an autonomous colony then, instead of a part of the "mainland." They'd be of great use politically to push our influence in East Asia, and they could bring in some economic growth through taxation.
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2016 12:48:55 PM
At 8/10/2016 2:38:47 AM, BrendanD19 wrote:

+1

+2
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2016 3:27:52 PM
At 8/10/2016 12:46:59 PM, triangle.128k wrote:

Leave them as an autonomous colony then, instead of a part of the "mainland." They'd be of great use politically to push our influence in East Asia, and they could bring in some economic growth through taxation.

That's a good idea, although lefties will want to make them a state at some point for all the extra votes.

triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2016 3:33:21 PM
At 8/10/2016 3:27:52 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:

That's a good idea, although lefties will want to make them a state at some point for all the extra votes.

Turn them into a military dictatorship and censor all left wing views, then there are no worries.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2016 4:51:24 PM
Duterte shall certainly bring order to the crime-ridden country which is The Philippines. He will bring an end to the drug epidemic which has destroyed hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of lives in his country and encouraged the spread of diseases like HIV. He will rehabilitate addicts while having dealers summarily executed. In short, he will kill several thousand people so that the quality of life is better for a hundred times that many people.
My only hope is that he keeps his heart pure of the love of money.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
BrendanD19
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2016 4:40:10 AM
At 8/10/2016 3:27:52 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:

1) They used to be a US territory, but they kind of didn't like being subjected to rule by foreign power
2) I wouldn't want them to be a state, I would want them to be independent. I only support statehood for DC and no other territories. I do support voting rights for other territories, but not statehood, and this is because I believe they should have representation and a say in their government, even if they are not entitled to all the things states are. In other words, No Taxation without representation.