Total Posts:112|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Trump "Business Skills" are bunk

twocupcakes
Posts: 2,750
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 2:39:23 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
One of the biggest myths about Trump is his "business skills" would make him a good President.

Firs of all, the idea that business success makes a good President is not true. Lincoln failed at business many times and is considered one of the best Presidents.

http://life-engineering.com...

But besides that, Trump is not that good at business. Just because someone is on TV a lot, and is rich, it does not make them smart.

Donald Trump claims he was worth $500 Million in 1982. If Trump Invested this money in the S&P 500 Index, it would be worth $20.4 Billion as of 1982.

http://www.moneytalksnews.com...

http://www.moneychimp.com...

Further, even though the returns of Berkshire Hathaway were much more modest starting in the 1980s, if Trump bought $500 millions in shares of Berkshire Hathaway in 1982 (This is Warren Buffett's stock), this would be valued at $ 141.2 Billion.

Now obviously exercise has assumptions. Mainly, that Trump did not spend any money until now. However, it still shows that Trump's business returns are nothing spectacular.

If reason, math and logic are not your thing, and you would prefer to just take the word of some famous rich guy. Here is what some businessman who are richer than Trump have to say about him

Warren Buffett on Trump

"People who believed in him, who listened to his siren song, came away losing well over 90 cents on the dollar. They got back less than a dime," Buffett said at a rally for Hillary Clinton Monday. "In 1995, when he offered this company, if a monkey had thrown a dart at the stock page, the monkey on average would have made 150%."

http://money.cnn.com...

Michael Bloomberg on Trump

"the richest thing about Donald Trump is his hypocrisy."

http://www.chicagotribune.com...

Mark Cuban on Trump

"Everyone has got that friend that you just shake your head at," says Cuban. "He"s the guy at the bar who will say anything to get laid. That"s Donald Trump right now." "But it"s all of us who are going to get f**ked," Cuban added.
slo1
Posts: 4,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 3:07:31 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/14/2016 2:39:23 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
One of the biggest myths about Trump is his "business skills" would make him a good President.

Firs of all, the idea that business success makes a good President is not true. Lincoln failed at business many times and is considered one of the best Presidents.

http://life-engineering.com...

But besides that, Trump is not that good at business. Just because someone is on TV a lot, and is rich, it does not make them smart.

Donald Trump claims he was worth $500 Million in 1982. If Trump Invested this money in the S&P 500 Index, it would be worth $20.4 Billion as of 1982.


http://www.moneytalksnews.com...

http://www.moneychimp.com...

Further, even though the returns of Berkshire Hathaway were much more modest starting in the 1980s, if Trump bought $500 millions in shares of Berkshire Hathaway in 1982 (This is Warren Buffett's stock), this would be valued at $ 141.2 Billion.

Now obviously exercise has assumptions. Mainly, that Trump did not spend any money until now. However, it still shows that Trump's business returns are nothing spectacular.

If reason, math and logic are not your thing, and you would prefer to just take the word of some famous rich guy. Here is what some businessman who are richer than Trump have to say about him

Warren Buffett on Trump

"People who believed in him, who listened to his siren song, came away losing well over 90 cents on the dollar. They got back less than a dime," Buffett said at a rally for Hillary Clinton Monday. "In 1995, when he offered this company, if a monkey had thrown a dart at the stock page, the monkey on average would have made 150%."

http://money.cnn.com...


Michael Bloomberg on Trump

"the richest thing about Donald Trump is his hypocrisy."

http://www.chicagotribune.com...


Mark Cuban on Trump

"Everyone has got that friend that you just shake your head at," says Cuban. "He"s the guy at the bar who will say anything to get laid. That"s Donald Trump right now." "But it"s all of us who are going to get f**ked," Cuban added.

He probably knows large commercial real estate more than anyone. One has to give him credit for his branding and creating value from his name.

I think Trump should be measured based upon how his employees are treated. Is it like Costco where wages and benefits are greatly above the going market rates or are they like a outsourcing call center that drives down. If. He truly has turned 400 mill or whatever into 10 billion, how much benefit went to his employees?
triangle.128k
Posts: 3,674
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 3:15:56 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/14/2016 2:39:23 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
One of the biggest myths about Trump is his "business skills" would make him a good President.

Firs of all, the idea that business success makes a good President is not true. Lincoln failed at business many times and is considered one of the best Presidents.

http://life-engineering.com...

But besides that, Trump is not that good at business. Just because someone is on TV a lot, and is rich, it does not make them smart.

Donald Trump claims he was worth $500 Million in 1982. If Trump Invested this money in the S&P 500 Index, it would be worth $20.4 Billion as of 1982.


http://www.moneytalksnews.com...

http://www.moneychimp.com...

Further, even though the returns of Berkshire Hathaway were much more modest starting in the 1980s, if Trump bought $500 millions in shares of Berkshire Hathaway in 1982 (This is Warren Buffett's stock), this would be valued at $ 141.2 Billion.

Now obviously exercise has assumptions. Mainly, that Trump did not spend any money until now. However, it still shows that Trump's business returns are nothing spectacular.

If reason, math and logic are not your thing, and you would prefer to just take the word of some famous rich guy. Here is what some businessman who are richer than Trump have to say about him

Warren Buffett on Trump

"People who believed in him, who listened to his siren song, came away losing well over 90 cents on the dollar. They got back less than a dime," Buffett said at a rally for Hillary Clinton Monday. "In 1995, when he offered this company, if a monkey had thrown a dart at the stock page, the monkey on average would have made 150%."

http://money.cnn.com...


Michael Bloomberg on Trump

"the richest thing about Donald Trump is his hypocrisy."

http://www.chicagotribune.com...


Mark Cuban on Trump

"Everyone has got that friend that you just shake your head at," says Cuban. "He"s the guy at the bar who will say anything to get laid. That"s Donald Trump right now." "But it"s all of us who are going to get f**ked," Cuban added.

This is coming from the guy who said business was based on pure luck and no skill.
willbedone
Posts: 127
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 3:21:45 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/14/2016 2:39:23 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
One of the biggest myths about Trump is his "business skills" would make him a good President.

Firs of all, the idea that business success makes a good President is not true. Lincoln failed at business many times and is considered one of the best Presidents.

http://life-engineering.com...

But besides that, Trump is not that good at business. Just because someone is on TV a lot, and is rich, it does not make them smart.

Donald Trump claims he was worth $500 Million in 1982. If Trump Invested this money in the S&P 500 Index, it would be worth $20.4 Billion as of 1982.


http://www.moneytalksnews.com...

http://www.moneychimp.com...

Further, even though the returns of Berkshire Hathaway were much more modest starting in the 1980s, if Trump bought $500 millions in shares of Berkshire Hathaway in 1982 (This is Warren Buffett's stock), this would be valued at $ 141.2 Billion.

Now obviously exercise has assumptions. Mainly, that Trump did not spend any money until now. However, it still shows that Trump's business returns are nothing spectacular.

If reason, math and logic are not your thing, and you would prefer to just take the word of some famous rich guy. Here is what some businessman who are richer than Trump have to say about him

Warren Buffett on Trump

"People who believed in him, who listened to his siren song, came away losing well over 90 cents on the dollar. They got back less than a dime," Buffett said at a rally for Hillary Clinton Monday. "In 1995, when he offered this company, if a monkey had thrown a dart at the stock page, the monkey on average would have made 150%."

http://money.cnn.com...


Michael Bloomberg on Trump

"the richest thing about Donald Trump is his hypocrisy."

http://www.chicagotribune.com...


Mark Cuban on Trump

"Everyone has got that friend that you just shake your head at," says Cuban. "He"s the guy at the bar who will say anything to get laid. That"s Donald Trump right now." "But it"s all of us who are going to get f**ked," Cuban added. : :

If you base your knowledge of Donald Trump by what Mark Cuban and other cowards have said about him, then you don't have any right to judge Donald Trump. Mark Cuban is a lazy coward who thought Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton should choose him to be the vice-president. His ego is much larger than Trump's or Clinton's.
Reformist
Posts: 679
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 3:49:43 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/14/2016 2:39:23 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
One of the biggest myths about Trump is his "business skills" would make him a good President.

Firs of all, the idea that business success makes a good President is not true. Lincoln failed at business many times and is considered one of the best Presidents.

http://life-engineering.com...

But besides that, Trump is not that good at business. Just because someone is on TV a lot, and is rich, it does not make them smart.

Donald Trump claims he was worth $500 Million in 1982. If Trump Invested this money in the S&P 500 Index, it would be worth $20.4 Billion as of 1982.


http://www.moneytalksnews.com...

http://www.moneychimp.com...

Further, even though the returns of Berkshire Hathaway were much more modest starting in the 1980s, if Trump bought $500 millions in shares of Berkshire Hathaway in 1982 (This is Warren Buffett's stock), this would be valued at $ 141.2 Billion.

Now obviously exercise has assumptions. Mainly, that Trump did not spend any money until now. However, it still shows that Trump's business returns are nothing spectacular.

If reason, math and logic are not your thing, and you would prefer to just take the word of some famous rich guy. Here is what some businessman who are richer than Trump have to say about him

Warren Buffett on Trump

"People who believed in him, who listened to his siren song, came away losing well over 90 cents on the dollar. They got back less than a dime," Buffett said at a rally for Hillary Clinton Monday. "In 1995, when he offered this company, if a monkey had thrown a dart at the stock page, the monkey on average would have made 150%."

http://money.cnn.com...


Michael Bloomberg on Trump

"the richest thing about Donald Trump is his hypocrisy."

http://www.chicagotribune.com...


Mark Cuban on Trump

"Everyone has got that friend that you just shake your head at," says Cuban. "He"s the guy at the bar who will say anything to get laid. That"s Donald Trump right now." "But it"s all of us who are going to get f**ked," Cuban added.

Donald trump madr thr trump bam as know as it is now

He maybe didnt pull off lucky stock market descript but he is still a succesful buisness man

Also lol at mark Cuban. He is a narcissist and has a huge ego
DDO History Revival Officer
Fuher of the Reich

"I'm not Asian"-Vaarka

"I would rather have a fascist than a socialist in office"- Bball

To be a feminist or to be smart that is the question
slo1
Posts: 4,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 4:09:57 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/14/2016 3:49:43 PM, Reformist wrote:
At 8/14/2016 2:39:23 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
One of the biggest myths about Trump is his "business skills" would make him a good President.

Firs of all, the idea that business success makes a good President is not true. Lincoln failed at business many times and is considered one of the best Presidents.

http://life-engineering.com...

But besides that, Trump is not that good at business. Just because someone is on TV a lot, and is rich, it does not make them smart.

Donald Trump claims he was worth $500 Million in 1982. If Trump Invested this money in the S&P 500 Index, it would be worth $20.4 Billion as of 1982.


http://www.moneytalksnews.com...

http://www.moneychimp.com...

Further, even though the returns of Berkshire Hathaway were much more modest starting in the 1980s, if Trump bought $500 millions in shares of Berkshire Hathaway in 1982 (This is Warren Buffett's stock), this would be valued at $ 141.2 Billion.

Now obviously exercise has assumptions. Mainly, that Trump did not spend any money until now. However, it still shows that Trump's business returns are nothing spectacular.

If reason, math and logic are not your thing, and you would prefer to just take the word of some famous rich guy. Here is what some businessman who are richer than Trump have to say about him

Warren Buffett on Trump

"People who believed in him, who listened to his siren song, came away losing well over 90 cents on the dollar. They got back less than a dime," Buffett said at a rally for Hillary Clinton Monday. "In 1995, when he offered this company, if a monkey had thrown a dart at the stock page, the monkey on average would have made 150%."

http://money.cnn.com...


Michael Bloomberg on Trump

"the richest thing about Donald Trump is his hypocrisy."

http://www.chicagotribune.com...


Mark Cuban on Trump

"Everyone has got that friend that you just shake your head at," says Cuban. "He"s the guy at the bar who will say anything to get laid. That"s Donald Trump right now." "But it"s all of us who are going to get f**ked," Cuban added.

Donald trump madr thr trump bam as know as it is now

He maybe didnt pull off lucky stock market descript but he is still a succesful buisness man

Also lol at mark Cuban. He is a narcissist and has a huge ego

Cuban and Trump are narcissistic and have huge egos. That is what attracts people to them. Warren Buffet I'm sure has a large ego but practices humility and is dedicated to giving his fortune away.

Buffet and Gates are the billionaires we should all aspire to be.
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,750
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 4:12:15 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/14/2016 3:07:31 PM, slo1 wrote:
At 8/14/2016 2:39:23 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
One of the biggest myths about Trump is his "business skills" would make him a good President.

Firs of all, the idea that business success makes a good President is not true. Lincoln failed at business many times and is considered one of the best Presidents.

http://life-engineering.com...

But besides that, Trump is not that good at business. Just because someone is on TV a lot, and is rich, it does not make them smart.

Donald Trump claims he was worth $500 Million in 1982. If Trump Invested this money in the S&P 500 Index, it would be worth $20.4 Billion as of 1982.


http://www.moneytalksnews.com...

http://www.moneychimp.com...

Further, even though the returns of Berkshire Hathaway were much more modest starting in the 1980s, if Trump bought $500 millions in shares of Berkshire Hathaway in 1982 (This is Warren Buffett's stock), this would be valued at $ 141.2 Billion.

Now obviously exercise has assumptions. Mainly, that Trump did not spend any money until now. However, it still shows that Trump's business returns are nothing spectacular.

If reason, math and logic are not your thing, and you would prefer to just take the word of some famous rich guy. Here is what some businessman who are richer than Trump have to say about him

Warren Buffett on Trump

"People who believed in him, who listened to his siren song, came away losing well over 90 cents on the dollar. They got back less than a dime," Buffett said at a rally for Hillary Clinton Monday. "In 1995, when he offered this company, if a monkey had thrown a dart at the stock page, the monkey on average would have made 150%."

http://money.cnn.com...


Michael Bloomberg on Trump

"the richest thing about Donald Trump is his hypocrisy."

http://www.chicagotribune.com...


Mark Cuban on Trump

"Everyone has got that friend that you just shake your head at," says Cuban. "He"s the guy at the bar who will say anything to get laid. That"s Donald Trump right now." "But it"s all of us who are going to get f**ked," Cuban added.

He probably knows large commercial real estate more than anyone. One has to give him credit for his branding and creating value from his name.

He know CRE more than most people, but does not know CRE more than any one else with the same years experience as Trump. Take someone else who is not as rish but spent their career in CRE, and Trump would know about the same as them.

I think Trump should be measured based upon how his employees are treated. Is it like Costco where wages and benefits are greatly above the going market rates or are they like a outsourcing call center that drives down. If. He truly has turned 400 mill or whatever into 10 billion, how much benefit went to his employees?

I agree that how he treats his employees should be taken into account. However, I believe the main stat should be his return on investment. If anyone can turn $500 mill into $20 Billion, by just bying a share of the S&P 500 index and chilling, why should Trump be praised for turning $500 mill into $10 Billion (or whatever his actual net worth is)?
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,750
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 4:12:50 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/14/2016 3:15:56 PM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 8/14/2016 2:39:23 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
One of the biggest myths about Trump is his "business skills" would make him a good President.

Firs of all, the idea that business success makes a good President is not true. Lincoln failed at business many times and is considered one of the best Presidents.

http://life-engineering.com...

But besides that, Trump is not that good at business. Just because someone is on TV a lot, and is rich, it does not make them smart.

Donald Trump claims he was worth $500 Million in 1982. If Trump Invested this money in the S&P 500 Index, it would be worth $20.4 Billion as of 1982.


http://www.moneytalksnews.com...

http://www.moneychimp.com...

Further, even though the returns of Berkshire Hathaway were much more modest starting in the 1980s, if Trump bought $500 millions in shares of Berkshire Hathaway in 1982 (This is Warren Buffett's stock), this would be valued at $ 141.2 Billion.

Now obviously exercise has assumptions. Mainly, that Trump did not spend any money until now. However, it still shows that Trump's business returns are nothing spectacular.

If reason, math and logic are not your thing, and you would prefer to just take the word of some famous rich guy. Here is what some businessman who are richer than Trump have to say about him

Warren Buffett on Trump

"People who believed in him, who listened to his siren song, came away losing well over 90 cents on the dollar. They got back less than a dime," Buffett said at a rally for Hillary Clinton Monday. "In 1995, when he offered this company, if a monkey had thrown a dart at the stock page, the monkey on average would have made 150%."

http://money.cnn.com...


Michael Bloomberg on Trump

"the richest thing about Donald Trump is his hypocrisy."

http://www.chicagotribune.com...


Mark Cuban on Trump

"Everyone has got that friend that you just shake your head at," says Cuban. "He"s the guy at the bar who will say anything to get laid. That"s Donald Trump right now." "But it"s all of us who are going to get f**ked," Cuban added.

This is coming from the guy who said business was based on pure luck and no skill.

I never said that, but feel free to strawman, if that is the only argument you have.
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,750
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 4:16:31 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/14/2016 3:21:45 PM, willbedone wrote:
At 8/14/2016 2:39:23 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
One of the biggest myths about Trump is his "business skills" would make him a good President.

Firs of all, the idea that business success makes a good President is not true. Lincoln failed at business many times and is considered one of the best Presidents.

http://life-engineering.com...

But besides that, Trump is not that good at business. Just because someone is on TV a lot, and is rich, it does not make them smart.

Donald Trump claims he was worth $500 Million in 1982. If Trump Invested this money in the S&P 500 Index, it would be worth $20.4 Billion as of 1982.


http://www.moneytalksnews.com...

http://www.moneychimp.com...

Further, even though the returns of Berkshire Hathaway were much more modest starting in the 1980s, if Trump bought $500 millions in shares of Berkshire Hathaway in 1982 (This is Warren Buffett's stock), this would be valued at $ 141.2 Billion.

Now obviously exercise has assumptions. Mainly, that Trump did not spend any money until now. However, it still shows that Trump's business returns are nothing spectacular.

If reason, math and logic are not your thing, and you would prefer to just take the word of some famous rich guy. Here is what some businessman who are richer than Trump have to say about him

Warren Buffett on Trump

"People who believed in him, who listened to his siren song, came away losing well over 90 cents on the dollar. They got back less than a dime," Buffett said at a rally for Hillary Clinton Monday. "In 1995, when he offered this company, if a monkey had thrown a dart at the stock page, the monkey on average would have made 150%."

http://money.cnn.com...


Michael Bloomberg on Trump

"the richest thing about Donald Trump is his hypocrisy."

http://www.chicagotribune.com...


Mark Cuban on Trump

"Everyone has got that friend that you just shake your head at," says Cuban. "He"s the guy at the bar who will say anything to get laid. That"s Donald Trump right now." "But it"s all of us who are going to get f**ked," Cuban added. : :

If you base your knowledge of Donald Trump by what Mark Cuban and other cowards have said about him, then you don't have any right to judge Donald Trump. Mark Cuban is a lazy coward who thought Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton should choose him to be the vice-president. His ego is much larger than Trump's or Clinton's.

I do not base by knowledge on Trump on what Cuban thinks. I just posted those quotes for the people who believe that richer = better, and that Trump is immune to criticism from people who have less wealth than him.

I do not think Cuban would be a good vice-pres or pres (though he would be better than Trump). However, I do highly respect Warren Buffett. Buffett's opinion is worth taken into consideration.
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,750
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 4:46:21 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/14/2016 3:49:43 PM, Reformist wrote:
At 8/14/2016 2:39:23 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
One of the biggest myths about Trump is his "business skills" would make him a good President.

Firs of all, the idea that business success makes a good President is not true. Lincoln failed at business many times and is considered one of the best Presidents.

http://life-engineering.com...

But besides that, Trump is not that good at business. Just because someone is on TV a lot, and is rich, it does not make them smart.

Donald Trump claims he was worth $500 Million in 1982. If Trump Invested this money in the S&P 500 Index, it would be worth $20.4 Billion as of 1982.


http://www.moneytalksnews.com...

http://www.moneychimp.com...

Further, even though the returns of Berkshire Hathaway were much more modest starting in the 1980s, if Trump bought $500 millions in shares of Berkshire Hathaway in 1982 (This is Warren Buffett's stock), this would be valued at $ 141.2 Billion.

Now obviously exercise has assumptions. Mainly, that Trump did not spend any money until now. However, it still shows that Trump's business returns are nothing spectacular.

If reason, math and logic are not your thing, and you would prefer to just take the word of some famous rich guy. Here is what some businessman who are richer than Trump have to say about him

Warren Buffett on Trump

"People who believed in him, who listened to his siren song, came away losing well over 90 cents on the dollar. They got back less than a dime," Buffett said at a rally for Hillary Clinton Monday. "In 1995, when he offered this company, if a monkey had thrown a dart at the stock page, the monkey on average would have made 150%."

http://money.cnn.com...


Michael Bloomberg on Trump

"the richest thing about Donald Trump is his hypocrisy."

http://www.chicagotribune.com...


Mark Cuban on Trump

"Everyone has got that friend that you just shake your head at," says Cuban. "He"s the guy at the bar who will say anything to get laid. That"s Donald Trump right now." "But it"s all of us who are going to get f**ked," Cuban added.

Donald trump madr thr trump bam as know as it is now

He maybe didnt pull off lucky stock market descript but he is still a succesful buisness man

Also lol at mark Cuban. He is a narcissist and has a huge ego

You think Cuban is narcissistic with a huge ego, but Trump is not? Unless you are extremely biased, if you are going to say that about Cuban, you must also say it about Trump.
willbedone
Posts: 127
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 4:56:14 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/14/2016 4:16:31 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 8/14/2016 3:21:45 PM, willbedone wrote:
At 8/14/2016 2:39:23 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
One of the biggest myths about Trump is his "business skills" would make him a good President.

Firs of all, the idea that business success makes a good President is not true. Lincoln failed at business many times and is considered one of the best Presidents.

http://life-engineering.com...

But besides that, Trump is not that good at business. Just because someone is on TV a lot, and is rich, it does not make them smart.

Donald Trump claims he was worth $500 Million in 1982. If Trump Invested this money in the S&P 500 Index, it would be worth $20.4 Billion as of 1982.


http://www.moneytalksnews.com...

http://www.moneychimp.com...

Further, even though the returns of Berkshire Hathaway were much more modest starting in the 1980s, if Trump bought $500 millions in shares of Berkshire Hathaway in 1982 (This is Warren Buffett's stock), this would be valued at $ 141.2 Billion.

Now obviously exercise has assumptions. Mainly, that Trump did not spend any money until now. However, it still shows that Trump's business returns are nothing spectacular.

If reason, math and logic are not your thing, and you would prefer to just take the word of some famous rich guy. Here is what some businessman who are richer than Trump have to say about him

Warren Buffett on Trump

"People who believed in him, who listened to his siren song, came away losing well over 90 cents on the dollar. They got back less than a dime," Buffett said at a rally for Hillary Clinton Monday. "In 1995, when he offered this company, if a monkey had thrown a dart at the stock page, the monkey on average would have made 150%."

http://money.cnn.com...


Michael Bloomberg on Trump

"the richest thing about Donald Trump is his hypocrisy."

http://www.chicagotribune.com...


Mark Cuban on Trump

"Everyone has got that friend that you just shake your head at," says Cuban. "He"s the guy at the bar who will say anything to get laid. That"s Donald Trump right now." "But it"s all of us who are going to get f**ked," Cuban added. : :

If you base your knowledge of Donald Trump by what Mark Cuban and other cowards have said about him, then you don't have any right to judge Donald Trump. Mark Cuban is a lazy coward who thought Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton should choose him to be the vice-president. His ego is much larger than Trump's or Clinton's.

I do not base by knowledge on Trump on what Cuban thinks. I just posted those quotes for the people who believe that richer = better, and that Trump is immune to criticism from people who have less wealth than him.

I do not think Cuban would be a good vice-pres or pres (though he would be better than Trump). However, I do highly respect Warren Buffett. Buffett's opinion is worth taken into consideration. : :

Warren Buffet made all his money being a coward. He's the kind of man who hardly takes any risks at all with his money. He made it by penny pinching and saving most of what he made and invested it in stocks of various companies. That is wise and safe investing for some people to make great wealth but it's a boring way to do it.

Donald Trump and Mark Cuban could have easily done the same thing as Warren Buffet but they're both much more flamboyant and are extreme risk takers who have both done very well financially.
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,750
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 5:07:01 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/14/2016 4:56:14 PM, willbedone wrote:
At 8/14/2016 4:16:31 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 8/14/2016 3:21:45 PM, willbedone wrote:
At 8/14/2016 2:39:23 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
One of the biggest myths about Trump is his "business skills" would make him a good President.

Firs of all, the idea that business success makes a good President is not true. Lincoln failed at business many times and is considered one of the best Presidents.

http://life-engineering.com...

But besides that, Trump is not that good at business. Just because someone is on TV a lot, and is rich, it does not make them smart.

Donald Trump claims he was worth $500 Million in 1982. If Trump Invested this money in the S&P 500 Index, it would be worth $20.4 Billion as of 1982.


http://www.moneytalksnews.com...

http://www.moneychimp.com...

Further, even though the returns of Berkshire Hathaway were much more modest starting in the 1980s, if Trump bought $500 millions in shares of Berkshire Hathaway in 1982 (This is Warren Buffett's stock), this would be valued at $ 141.2 Billion.

Now obviously exercise has assumptions. Mainly, that Trump did not spend any money until now. However, it still shows that Trump's business returns are nothing spectacular.

If reason, math and logic are not your thing, and you would prefer to just take the word of some famous rich guy. Here is what some businessman who are richer than Trump have to say about him

Warren Buffett on Trump

"People who believed in him, who listened to his siren song, came away losing well over 90 cents on the dollar. They got back less than a dime," Buffett said at a rally for Hillary Clinton Monday. "In 1995, when he offered this company, if a monkey had thrown a dart at the stock page, the monkey on average would have made 150%."

http://money.cnn.com...


Michael Bloomberg on Trump

"the richest thing about Donald Trump is his hypocrisy."

http://www.chicagotribune.com...


Mark Cuban on Trump

"Everyone has got that friend that you just shake your head at," says Cuban. "He"s the guy at the bar who will say anything to get laid. That"s Donald Trump right now." "But it"s all of us who are going to get f**ked," Cuban added. : :

If you base your knowledge of Donald Trump by what Mark Cuban and other cowards have said about him, then you don't have any right to judge Donald Trump. Mark Cuban is a lazy coward who thought Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton should choose him to be the vice-president. His ego is much larger than Trump's or Clinton's.

I do not base by knowledge on Trump on what Cuban thinks. I just posted those quotes for the people who believe that richer = better, and that Trump is immune to criticism from people who have less wealth than him.

I do not think Cuban would be a good vice-pres or pres (though he would be better than Trump). However, I do highly respect Warren Buffett. Buffett's opinion is worth taken into consideration. : :

Warren Buffet made all his money being a coward. He's the kind of man who hardly takes any risks at all with his money. He made it by penny pinching and saving most of what he made and invested it in stocks of various companies. That is wise and safe investing for some people to make great wealth but it's a boring way to do it.

Donald Trump and Mark Cuban could have easily done the same thing as Warren Buffet but they're both much more flamboyant and are extreme risk takers who have both done very well financially.

Seeing as how Buffett has more money, and boasts a higher return n investment than Trump, does that not make him a better investor. Further,when you say that Buffett's risk was low, that makes him a better investor, as it improves his risk to return ratio.

Your argument that Trump could do what Buffet did, but chose not too, is ridiculous. You think that Trump could have had $141 Billion dollars right now but chose not too? You think Trump chose to do the stupid thing because it was more exciting? Do you think Trump will follow the same philosophy as President? Do you think Donald will make decisions for the country not at what is best, but on what is most exciting?
Reformist
Posts: 679
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 5:28:10 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/14/2016 4:46:21 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 8/14/2016 3:49:43 PM, Reformist wrote:
At 8/14/2016 2:39:23 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
One of the biggest myths about Trump is his "business skills" would make him a good President.

Firs of all, the idea that business success makes a good President is not true. Lincoln failed at business many times and is considered one of the best Presidents.

http://life-engineering.com...

But besides that, Trump is not that good at business. Just because someone is on TV a lot, and is rich, it does not make them smart.

Donald Trump claims he was worth $500 Million in 1982. If Trump Invested this money in the S&P 500 Index, it would be worth $20.4 Billion as of 1982.


http://www.moneytalksnews.com...

http://www.moneychimp.com...

Further, even though the returns of Berkshire Hathaway were much more modest starting in the 1980s, if Trump bought $500 millions in shares of Berkshire Hathaway in 1982 (This is Warren Buffett's stock), this would be valued at $ 141.2 Billion.

Now obviously exercise has assumptions. Mainly, that Trump did not spend any money until now. However, it still shows that Trump's business returns are nothing spectacular.

If reason, math and logic are not your thing, and you would prefer to just take the word of some famous rich guy. Here is what some businessman who are richer than Trump have to say about him

Warren Buffett on Trump

"People who believed in him, who listened to his siren song, came away losing well over 90 cents on the dollar. They got back less than a dime," Buffett said at a rally for Hillary Clinton Monday. "In 1995, when he offered this company, if a monkey had thrown a dart at the stock page, the monkey on average would have made 150%."

http://money.cnn.com...


Michael Bloomberg on Trump

"the richest thing about Donald Trump is his hypocrisy."

http://www.chicagotribune.com...


Mark Cuban on Trump

"Everyone has got that friend that you just shake your head at," says Cuban. "He"s the guy at the bar who will say anything to get laid. That"s Donald Trump right now." "But it"s all of us who are going to get f**ked," Cuban added.

Donald trump madr thr trump bam as know as it is now

He maybe didnt pull off lucky stock market descript but he is still a succesful buisness man

Also lol at mark Cuban. He is a narcissist and has a huge ego

You think Cuban is narcissistic with a huge ego, but Trump is not? Unless you are extremely biased, if you are going to say that about Cuban, you must also say it about Trump.

Donald trump is a saint
DDO History Revival Officer
Fuher of the Reich

"I'm not Asian"-Vaarka

"I would rather have a fascist than a socialist in office"- Bball

To be a feminist or to be smart that is the question
willbedone
Posts: 127
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 6:00:20 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/14/2016 5:07:01 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 8/14/2016 4:56:14 PM, willbedone wrote:
At 8/14/2016 4:16:31 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 8/14/2016 3:21:45 PM, willbedone wrote:
At 8/14/2016 2:39:23 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
One of the biggest myths about Trump is his "business skills" would make him a good President.

Firs of all, the idea that business success makes a good President is not true. Lincoln failed at business many times and is considered one of the best Presidents.

http://life-engineering.com...

But besides that, Trump is not that good at business. Just because someone is on TV a lot, and is rich, it does not make them smart.

Donald Trump claims he was worth $500 Million in 1982. If Trump Invested this money in the S&P 500 Index, it would be worth $20.4 Billion as of 1982.


http://www.moneytalksnews.com...

http://www.moneychimp.com...

Further, even though the returns of Berkshire Hathaway were much more modest starting in the 1980s, if Trump bought $500 millions in shares of Berkshire Hathaway in 1982 (This is Warren Buffett's stock), this would be valued at $ 141.2 Billion.

Now obviously exercise has assumptions. Mainly, that Trump did not spend any money until now. However, it still shows that Trump's business returns are nothing spectacular.

If reason, math and logic are not your thing, and you would prefer to just take the word of some famous rich guy. Here is what some businessman who are richer than Trump have to say about him

Warren Buffett on Trump

"People who believed in him, who listened to his siren song, came away losing well over 90 cents on the dollar. They got back less than a dime," Buffett said at a rally for Hillary Clinton Monday. "In 1995, when he offered this company, if a monkey had thrown a dart at the stock page, the monkey on average would have made 150%."

http://money.cnn.com...


Michael Bloomberg on Trump

"the richest thing about Donald Trump is his hypocrisy."

http://www.chicagotribune.com...


Mark Cuban on Trump

"Everyone has got that friend that you just shake your head at," says Cuban. "He"s the guy at the bar who will say anything to get laid. That"s Donald Trump right now." "But it"s all of us who are going to get f**ked," Cuban added. : :

If you base your knowledge of Donald Trump by what Mark Cuban and other cowards have said about him, then you don't have any right to judge Donald Trump. Mark Cuban is a lazy coward who thought Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton should choose him to be the vice-president. His ego is much larger than Trump's or Clinton's.

I do not base by knowledge on Trump on what Cuban thinks. I just posted those quotes for the people who believe that richer = better, and that Trump is immune to criticism from people who have less wealth than him.

I do not think Cuban would be a good vice-pres or pres (though he would be better than Trump). However, I do highly respect Warren Buffett. Buffett's opinion is worth taken into consideration. : :

Warren Buffet made all his money being a coward. He's the kind of man who hardly takes any risks at all with his money. He made it by penny pinching and saving most of what he made and invested it in stocks of various companies. That is wise and safe investing for some people to make great wealth but it's a boring way to do it.

Donald Trump and Mark Cuban could have easily done the same thing as Warren Buffet but they're both much more flamboyant and are extreme risk takers who have both done very well financially.

Seeing as how Buffett has more money, and boasts a higher return n investment than Trump, does that not make him a better investor. Further,when you say that Buffett's risk was low, that makes him a better investor, as it improves his risk to return ratio.

Men like Donald Trump and Mark Cuban would have gone nuts investing like a coward.

Your argument that Trump could do what Buffet did, but chose not too, is ridiculous. You think that Trump could have had $141 Billion dollars right now but chose not too? You think Trump chose to do the stupid thing because it was more exciting? Do you think Trump will follow the same philosophy as President? Do you think Donald will make decisions for the country not at what is best, but on what is most exciting? : :

Donald Trump and Mark Cuban didn't choose to do anything. They were inspired to be flamboyant investors who take great risks. Besides, if Donald Trump would have started investing all his money in stocks when he was young, I'm sure he would have been worth many more billions. I can't even imagine what it would be like to have a million dollars let along a thousand of them.
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,750
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 7:33:38 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/14/2016 6:00:20 PM, willbedone wrote:
At 8/14/2016 5:07:01 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 8/14/2016 4:56:14 PM, willbedone wrote:
At 8/14/2016 4:16:31 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 8/14/2016 3:21:45 PM, willbedone wrote:
At 8/14/2016 2:39:23 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
One of the biggest myths about Trump is his "business skills" would make him a good President.

Firs of all, the idea that business success makes a good President is not true. Lincoln failed at business many times and is considered one of the best Presidents.

http://life-engineering.com...

But besides that, Trump is not that good at business. Just because someone is on TV a lot, and is rich, it does not make them smart.

Donald Trump claims he was worth $500 Million in 1982. If Trump Invested this money in the S&P 500 Index, it would be worth $20.4 Billion as of 1982.


http://www.moneytalksnews.com...

http://www.moneychimp.com...

Further, even though the returns of Berkshire Hathaway were much more modest starting in the 1980s, if Trump bought $500 millions in shares of Berkshire Hathaway in 1982 (This is Warren Buffett's stock), this would be valued at $ 141.2 Billion.

Now obviously exercise has assumptions. Mainly, that Trump did not spend any money until now. However, it still shows that Trump's business returns are nothing spectacular.

If reason, math and logic are not your thing, and you would prefer to just take the word of some famous rich guy. Here is what some businessman who are richer than Trump have to say about him

Warren Buffett on Trump

"People who believed in him, who listened to his siren song, came away losing well over 90 cents on the dollar. They got back less than a dime," Buffett said at a rally for Hillary Clinton Monday. "In 1995, when he offered this company, if a monkey had thrown a dart at the stock page, the monkey on average would have made 150%."

http://money.cnn.com...


Michael Bloomberg on Trump

"the richest thing about Donald Trump is his hypocrisy."

http://www.chicagotribune.com...


Mark Cuban on Trump

"Everyone has got that friend that you just shake your head at," says Cuban. "He"s the guy at the bar who will say anything to get laid. That"s Donald Trump right now." "But it"s all of us who are going to get f**ked," Cuban added. : :

If you base your knowledge of Donald Trump by what Mark Cuban and other cowards have said about him, then you don't have any right to judge Donald Trump. Mark Cuban is a lazy coward who thought Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton should choose him to be the vice-president. His ego is much larger than Trump's or Clinton's.

I do not base by knowledge on Trump on what Cuban thinks. I just posted those quotes for the people who believe that richer = better, and that Trump is immune to criticism from people who have less wealth than him.

I do not think Cuban would be a good vice-pres or pres (though he would be better than Trump). However, I do highly respect Warren Buffett. Buffett's opinion is worth taken into consideration. : :

Warren Buffet made all his money being a coward. He's the kind of man who hardly takes any risks at all with his money. He made it by penny pinching and saving most of what he made and invested it in stocks of various companies. That is wise and safe investing for some people to make great wealth but it's a boring way to do it.

Donald Trump and Mark Cuban could have easily done the same thing as Warren Buffet but they're both much more flamboyant and are extreme risk takers who have both done very well financially.



Men like Donald Trump and Mark Cuban would have gone nuts investing like a coward.

First of all, I do not see why you think Buffett invests like a coward. Buffett attributes his success to having the courage to invest (being greedy), when every one else is scared.

"Fearful when others are greedy and greedy when others are fearful."

http://www.investopedia.com...


Donald Trump and Mark Cuban didn't choose to do anything. They were inspired to be flamboyant investors who take great risks. Besides, if Donald Trump would have started investing all his money in stocks when he was young, I'm sure he would have been worth many more billions. I can't even imagine what it would be like to have a million dollars let along a thousand of them.

I agree that Trump is more flamboyant than Buffett. However, business skill should not be measured on who is more flamboyant. I will reiterate that if you are saying that Trump took more risks, it is a argument that he is worse at business. The objective measure of business success is risk versus return. Trump's returns are worse than Buffett's. If you are saying Trump took more risk, it only makes Trump look worse.
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 8:54:58 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/14/2016 3:49:43 PM, Reformist wrote:
At 8/14/2016 2:39:23 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
One of the biggest myths about Trump is his "business skills" would make him a good President.

Firs of all, the idea that business success makes a good President is not true. Lincoln failed at business many times and is considered one of the best Presidents.

http://life-engineering.com...

But besides that, Trump is not that good at business. Just because someone is on TV a lot, and is rich, it does not make them smart.

Donald Trump claims he was worth $500 Million in 1982. If Trump Invested this money in the S&P 500 Index, it would be worth $20.4 Billion as of 1982.


http://www.moneytalksnews.com...

http://www.moneychimp.com...

Further, even though the returns of Berkshire Hathaway were much more modest starting in the 1980s, if Trump bought $500 millions in shares of Berkshire Hathaway in 1982 (This is Warren Buffett's stock), this would be valued at $ 141.2 Billion.

Now obviously exercise has assumptions. Mainly, that Trump did not spend any money until now. However, it still shows that Trump's business returns are nothing spectacular.

If reason, math and logic are not your thing, and you would prefer to just take the word of some famous rich guy. Here is what some businessman who are richer than Trump have to say about him

Warren Buffett on Trump

"People who believed in him, who listened to his siren song, came away losing well over 90 cents on the dollar. They got back less than a dime," Buffett said at a rally for Hillary Clinton Monday. "In 1995, when he offered this company, if a monkey had thrown a dart at the stock page, the monkey on average would have made 150%."

http://money.cnn.com...


Michael Bloomberg on Trump

"the richest thing about Donald Trump is his hypocrisy."

http://www.chicagotribune.com...


Mark Cuban on Trump

"Everyone has got that friend that you just shake your head at," says Cuban. "He"s the guy at the bar who will say anything to get laid. That"s Donald Trump right now." "But it"s all of us who are going to get f**ked," Cuban added.

Donald trump madr thr trump bam as know as it is now

He maybe didnt pull off lucky stock market descript but he is still a succesful buisness man

Also lol at mark Cuban. He is a narcissist and has a huge ego

Look past the Cuban quote if you like, the case for Trump being super successful is incredibly weak. So damn weak, he is refusing to release tax returns to hide is preposterous statements about his net worth.
thett3
Posts: 14,378
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 9:03:58 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
Newsflash: if everyone just invested their money in the S&P, there would be no growth because nothing would get done. Someone has to do actual work.

I thought liberals were against greedy rich people hoarding all of their money. Lol at a supposedly leftist party attacking a man for choosing to employ tens of thousands of working class people building skyscrapers instead of putting it in some fund
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
thett3
Posts: 14,378
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 9:09:01 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
The democrats have officially become the party of the corporations, the billionaires, and the warmongers. They offer absolutely nothing to the working man except snobbery, ridicule, and death in some war their donors paid for them to start.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
willbedone
Posts: 127
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 9:09:18 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/14/2016 7:33:38 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 8/14/2016 6:00:20 PM, willbedone wrote:
At 8/14/2016 5:07:01 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 8/14/2016 4:56:14 PM, willbedone wrote:
At 8/14/2016 4:16:31 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 8/14/2016 3:21:45 PM, willbedone wrote:
At 8/14/2016 2:39:23 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
One of the biggest myths about Trump is his "business skills" would make him a good President.

Firs of all, the idea that business success makes a good President is not true. Lincoln failed at business many times and is considered one of the best Presidents.

http://life-engineering.com...

But besides that, Trump is not that good at business. Just because someone is on TV a lot, and is rich, it does not make them smart.

Donald Trump claims he was worth $500 Million in 1982. If Trump Invested this money in the S&P 500 Index, it would be worth $20.4 Billion as of 1982.


http://www.moneytalksnews.com...

http://www.moneychimp.com...

Further, even though the returns of Berkshire Hathaway were much more modest starting in the 1980s, if Trump bought $500 millions in shares of Berkshire Hathaway in 1982 (This is Warren Buffett's stock), this would be valued at $ 141.2 Billion.

Now obviously exercise has assumptions. Mainly, that Trump did not spend any money until now. However, it still shows that Trump's business returns are nothing spectacular.

If reason, math and logic are not your thing, and you would prefer to just take the word of some famous rich guy. Here is what some businessman who are richer than Trump have to say about him

Warren Buffett on Trump

"People who believed in him, who listened to his siren song, came away losing well over 90 cents on the dollar. They got back less than a dime," Buffett said at a rally for Hillary Clinton Monday. "In 1995, when he offered this company, if a monkey had thrown a dart at the stock page, the monkey on average would have made 150%."

http://money.cnn.com...


Michael Bloomberg on Trump

"the richest thing about Donald Trump is his hypocrisy."

http://www.chicagotribune.com...


Mark Cuban on Trump

"Everyone has got that friend that you just shake your head at," says Cuban. "He"s the guy at the bar who will say anything to get laid. That"s Donald Trump right now." "But it"s all of us who are going to get f**ked," Cuban added. : :

If you base your knowledge of Donald Trump by what Mark Cuban and other cowards have said about him, then you don't have any right to judge Donald Trump. Mark Cuban is a lazy coward who thought Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton should choose him to be the vice-president. His ego is much larger than Trump's or Clinton's.

I do not base by knowledge on Trump on what Cuban thinks. I just posted those quotes for the people who believe that richer = better, and that Trump is immune to criticism from people who have less wealth than him.

I do not think Cuban would be a good vice-pres or pres (though he would be better than Trump). However, I do highly respect Warren Buffett. Buffett's opinion is worth taken into consideration. : :

Warren Buffet made all his money being a coward. He's the kind of man who hardly takes any risks at all with his money. He made it by penny pinching and saving most of what he made and invested it in stocks of various companies. That is wise and safe investing for some people to make great wealth but it's a boring way to do it.

Donald Trump and Mark Cuban could have easily done the same thing as Warren Buffet but they're both much more flamboyant and are extreme risk takers who have both done very well financially.



Men like Donald Trump and Mark Cuban would have gone nuts investing like a coward.

First of all, I do not see why you think Buffett invests like a coward. Buffett attributes his success to having the courage to invest (being greedy), when every one else is scared.

"Fearful when others are greedy and greedy when others are fearful."

I'm talking in comparison Donald Trump and Mark Cuban that Buffett is a coward. He wouldn't have the courage to do what Trump did with money.

http://www.investopedia.com...



Donald Trump and Mark Cuban didn't choose to do anything. They were inspired to be flamboyant investors who take great risks. Besides, if Donald Trump would have started investing all his money in stocks when he was young, I'm sure he would have been worth many more billions. I can't even imagine what it would be like to have a million dollars let along a thousand of them.

I agree that Trump is more flamboyant than Buffett. However, business skill should not be measured on who is more flamboyant. I will reiterate that if you are saying that Trump took more risks, it is a argument that he is worse at business. The objective measure of business success is risk versus return. Trump's returns are worse than Buffett's. If you are saying Trump took more risk, it only makes Trump look worse.

Like I said, Buffett is not necessary a good businessman. All he did was invest his money in stocks of businesses that were solid and safe. Donald Trump is much more of a businessman than Buffett could ever be.
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 9:12:14 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/14/2016 9:03:58 PM, thett3 wrote:
Newsflash: if everyone just invested their money in the S&P, there would be no growth because nothing would get done. Someone has to do actual work.
OK... But that still says little about how this super successful Trump is... well a mediocre to poor businessman.


I thought liberals were against greedy rich people hoarding all of their money. Lol at a supposedly leftist party attacking a man for choosing to employ tens of thousands of working class people building skyscrapers instead of putting it in some fund

Sure, but Trump is running as the super successful guy. Questioning if this has any reality is not only natural, it is critical.

Trumps record of success is incredibly shaky. One of the ways he could help clear this up is to do what every other candidate has done for the last 50 years - release his taxes. Trump refuses to do this, because we all know his stated wealth and success is smoke and mirrors.
thett3
Posts: 14,378
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 9:18:22 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/14/2016 9:12:14 PM, TBR wrote:
At 8/14/2016 9:03:58 PM, thett3 wrote:
Newsflash: if everyone just invested their money in the S&P, there would be no growth because nothing would get done. Someone has to do actual work.
OK... But that still says little about how this super successful Trump is... well a mediocre to poor businessman.


I thought liberals were against greedy rich people hoarding all of their money. Lol at a supposedly leftist party attacking a man for choosing to employ tens of thousands of working class people building skyscrapers instead of putting it in some fund

Sure, but Trump is running as the super successful guy. Questioning if this has any reality is not only natural, it is critical.

Trumps record of success is incredibly shaky. One of the ways he could help clear this up is to do what every other candidate has done for the last 50 years - release his taxes. Trump refuses to do this, because we all know his stated wealth and success is smoke and mirrors.

Trumps private sector accomplishments:

Dozens of skyscrapers all over the world

Clintons private sector accomplishments:

Getting a child rapist off on a technicality and laughing about it.

Sanders private sector accomplishments:

Managing to survive his entire life without ever holding an actual job

Is this really a road you want to go down?
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
The-Voice-of-Truth
Posts: 6,573
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 9:20:05 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
I don't get how people can say that Trump is unsuccessful. He has turned $400 mil into upwards of $10 bil, but oh, he's just a mediocre business man? How many mediocre business men do you see with $10 bil lying around. The amount of worth alon suggests success. Did he make poor business decisions? Of course, because everybody f*cks up at some point.

Also, unlike the other candidate, he didn't have to launder money from donors via a fake foundation.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,750
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 9:48:59 PM
Posted: 3 months ago

I'm talking in comparison Donald Trump and Mark Cuban that Buffett is a coward. He wouldn't have the courage to do what Trump did with money.

What is so courageous about having a low Return on Investment? I fail to see why you think Trump is courageous and Buffett was not. I do not think that it takes courage to earn mediocre returns. Trump makes a ton of money just licensing out his name to others. What is risky about that?

By most measures, stocks are more risky than real estate. In general, real estate is considered less risk than stocks.

So whether real estate or the stock market is a better investment is still not easy to answer. Perhaps the biggest distinction between these two investments is that stocks are more volatile, which is a key reason for their superior returns

Read more: http://www.nasdaq.com...




Donald Trump and Mark Cuban didn't choose to do anything. They were inspired to be flamboyant investors who take great risks. Besides, if Donald Trump would have started investing all his money in stocks when he was young, I'm sure he would have been worth many more billions. I can't even imagine what it would be like to have a million dollars let along a thousand of them.

I agree that Trump is more flamboyant than Buffett. However, business skill should not be measured on who is more flamboyant. I will reiterate that if you are saying that Trump took more risks, it is a argument that he is worse at business. The objective measure of business success is risk versus return. Trump's returns are worse than Buffett's. If you are saying Trump took more risk, it only makes Trump look worse.

Like I said, Buffett is not necessary a good businessman. All he did was invest his money in stocks of businesses that were solid and safe. Donald Trump is much more of a businessman than Buffett could ever be.

Buffett was able to buy businesses, create corporate governance and management that will allow these companies to succeed. The company that Buffett built (and not given to him by his dad) has been doing great. Trump has earned higher returns than almost anyone else in the long run. By every objective measure Buffett is better.
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,750
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 9:51:44 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/14/2016 9:03:58 PM, thett3 wrote:
Newsflash: if everyone just invested their money in the S&P, there would be no growth because nothing would get done. Someone has to do actual work.

If everyone did this, it would be overvalued ( a bubble) and smart investors would not put their money in stocks.

I thought liberals were against greedy rich people hoarding all of their money. Lol at a supposedly leftist party attacking a man for choosing to employ tens of thousands of working class people building skyscrapers instead of putting it in some fund

The S&P 500 return is a benchmark to compare business returns too. I am not attacking Trump for being greedy, or anything to do with morality. I am attacking him for being a bad businessman. There are plenty of nice people that are bad businessmen.
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,750
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 9:53:29 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/14/2016 9:09:01 PM, thett3 wrote:
The democrats have officially become the party of the corporations, the billionaires, and the warmongers. They offer absolutely nothing to the working man except snobbery, ridicule, and death in some war their donors paid for them to start.

Why do you think poor people stay poor for so many generations? How smart can they be? They're morons.
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,750
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 9:57:47 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/14/2016 9:20:05 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
I don't get how people can say that Trump is unsuccessful. He has turned $400 mil into upwards of $10 bil, but oh, he's just a mediocre business man? How many mediocre business men do you see with $10 bil lying around. The amount of worth alon suggests success. Did he make poor business decisions? Of course, because everybody f*cks up at some point.

Also, unlike the other candidate, he didn't have to launder money from donors via a fake foundation.

He "claims" he has $10 Billion lying around, but he has a history of overstating his net worth. Trump's returns are nothing spectacular compared to other business people. Kim Kardashian and Paris Hilton also are rich entrepreneurs, do yo think they should run for President on there business record.

What Trump does is promote himself. That is what Trump has succeeded at. The idea that he should run for President on his business record is foolish.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Posts: 6,573
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 9:59:38 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/14/2016 9:57:47 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 8/14/2016 9:20:05 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
I don't get how people can say that Trump is unsuccessful. He has turned $400 mil into upwards of $10 bil, but oh, he's just a mediocre business man? How many mediocre business men do you see with $10 bil lying around. The amount of worth alon suggests success. Did he make poor business decisions? Of course, because everybody f*cks up at some point.

Also, unlike the other candidate, he didn't have to launder money from donors via a fake foundation.

He "claims" he has $10 Billion lying around, but he has a history of overstating his net worth. Trump's returns are nothing spectacular compared to other business people. Kim Kardashian and Paris Hilton also are rich entrepreneurs, do yo think they should run for President on there business record.

What Trump does is promote himself. That is what Trump has succeeded at. The idea that he should run for President on his business record is foolish.

Of course, we can never truly know his business record until he releases his returns. But if he were to release them then he would be acquiescing to the demands of the system he claims is rigged.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,750
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 10:03:37 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/14/2016 9:59:38 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
At 8/14/2016 9:57:47 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 8/14/2016 9:20:05 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
I don't get how people can say that Trump is unsuccessful. He has turned $400 mil into upwards of $10 bil, but oh, he's just a mediocre business man? How many mediocre business men do you see with $10 bil lying around. The amount of worth alon suggests success. Did he make poor business decisions? Of course, because everybody f*cks up at some point.

Also, unlike the other candidate, he didn't have to launder money from donors via a fake foundation.

He "claims" he has $10 Billion lying around, but he has a history of overstating his net worth. Trump's returns are nothing spectacular compared to other business people. Kim Kardashian and Paris Hilton also are rich entrepreneurs, do yo think they should run for President on there business record.

What Trump does is promote himself. That is what Trump has succeeded at. The idea that he should run for President on his business record is foolish.

Of course, we can never truly know his business record until he releases his returns. But if he were to release them then he would be acquiescing to the demands of the system he claims is rigged.

If he was such an awesome businessman, he could easily clear this up and release his tax returns. The only reason Trump will not release them, is because they make him look bad.

Trump promised (knowing that he would be under audit) that he would release his tax returns. Clearly he has something to hide (he has a bad business record, is being funded by russia, lies about charity donations, ect). Everything else is just a lame excuse. This has nothing to do with "the system".
thett3
Posts: 14,378
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 10:04:08 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/14/2016 9:53:29 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 8/14/2016 9:09:01 PM, thett3 wrote:
The democrats have officially become the party of the corporations, the billionaires, and the warmongers. They offer absolutely nothing to the working man except snobbery, ridicule, and death in some war their donors paid for them to start.

Why do you think poor people stay poor for so many generations? How smart can they be? They're morons.

Okay, this conversation is over
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right