Jump to topic:

BlackLivesMatter Attacks Milwaukee

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 7:53:05 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
A deadly shooting of a well armed black man transpired last night. The armed black man was shot by a Milwaukee police officer. The shooting has stirred anger, fear and disbelief as authorities struggled to restore peace in the city after a night of racially charged and violent protests by BlackLivesMatter.

BlackLivesMatter protesters burned several stores and threw rocks at police Saturday night on the city's north side, leaving one officer injured and three protesters arrested.

One biased source: http://www.cnn.com...
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 7:55:19 PM
They screamed "black power" and targeted whites for violence: https://twitter.com...
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 7:55:38 PM
At 8/14/2016 7:53:05 PM, YYW wrote:
A deadly shooting of a well armed black man transpired last night. The armed black man was shot by a Milwaukee police officer. The shooting has stirred anger, fear and disbelief as authorities struggled to restore peace in the city after a night of racially charged and violent protests by BlackLivesMatter.

BlackLivesMatter protesters burned several stores and threw rocks at police Saturday night on the city's north side, leaving one officer injured and three protesters arrested.

Saw that on TV when one of my roommates turned it on. It's really pathetic that this shite is still going on.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 7:56:31 PM
At 8/14/2016 7:55:19 PM, thett3 wrote:
They screamed "black power" and targeted whites for violence: https://twitter.com...

But oh Blacks aren't racist toward Whites. It's just Whites that are racist because they're privileged.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
Throwback
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 8:19:36 PM

Based on what I've seen thus far, another good shoot. Well done, officer! No better way to rid society of yourself than to confront a police officer while you are armed.
When I respond with "OK" don't take it personally. I'm simply being appropriately dismissive.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 8:28:07 PM
At 8/14/2016 8:19:36 PM, Throwback wrote:

Based on what I've seen thus far, another good shoot. Well done, officer! No better way to rid society of yourself than to confront a police officer while you are armed.

There is no reason to celebrate these things.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 8:32:06 PM

While this shooting was justified, there is still no reason to make lighthearted comments about it. It's a serious issue that needs to be solved in this country.
Suh dude

TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 8:46:56 PM
At 8/14/2016 7:56:31 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:

But oh Blacks aren't racist toward Whites. It's just Whites that are racist because they're privileged.

You can be childish about this entire thing, or face that real racial tension exists. It is erupting in the form peaceful protest and violent riot. Keep dismissing it at your own peril, it is coming to a head regardless how little effort you want to put into the discussion.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 8:56:54 PM
At 8/14/2016 8:46:56 PM, TBR wrote:

You can be childish about this entire thing, or face that real racial tension exists. It is erupting in the form peaceful protest and violent riot. Keep dismissing it at your own peril, it is coming to a head regardless how little effort you want to put into the discussion.

I don't think what he wrote was childish. It is a legitimate criticism of SJW absurdity.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 9:00:29 PM

I know they exist. I was mocking the view that only whites are racist. I'm not dismissing it.
Suh dude

The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 9:01:33 PM
At 8/14/2016 8:56:54 PM, YYW wrote:

I don't think what he wrote was childish. It is a legitimate criticism of SJW absurdity.

At least someone gets it.
Suh dude

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 9:05:19 PM

The only solution is more diversity!
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 9:05:46 PM

But it is. You can both think the response is reverse-racism and accept that a good number of black people are very angry at this moment. If they are right or wrong, the dismissive attitude does nothing to address the real problem of riots.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 9:08:15 PM
At 8/14/2016 9:05:19 PM, thett3 wrote:

The only solution is more diversity!

Again, being flippant is not fixing anything.

Do it if it makes you feel better, but you are doing nothing to address the issues. He11, this seems fit for a Trump response, so I guess it works great for you, but life will keep rolling, black will keep getting shot, and riots will break out. As long as you can mock others, all will be fine, right?
Throwback
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 9:09:40 PM
At 8/14/2016 8:32:06 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:

While this shooting was justified, there is still no reason to make lighthearted comments about it. It's a serious issue that needs to be solved in this country.

The fact you consider it justified means you should know where I'm coming from. I'm tired of these officers being forced to live with having taken a life, while no one stops to say they did the right thing. They get beaten over the head constantly for using deadly force when appropriate. It was a serious issue and he solved it. The rest of this is all B.S.
When I respond with "OK" don't take it personally. I'm simply being appropriately dismissive.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 9:12:21 PM
At 8/14/2016 9:08:15 PM, TBR wrote:
Again, being flippant is not fixing anything.

Do it if it makes you feel better, but you are doing nothing to address the issues. He11, this seems fit for a Trump response, so I guess it works great for you, but life will keep rolling, black will keep getting shot, and riots will break out. As long as you can mock others, all will be fine, right?

Blacks are always going to keep getting shot at high rates long as their current culture exists. Look at how many blacks are killed by blacks every year versus any other race. And the only reason riots will breaking out is because these people think they have a reason to, and they think it's okay, but they're too ignorant to know otherwise.
Suh dude

The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 9:14:31 PM
At 8/14/2016 9:09:40 PM, Throwback wrote:
The fact you consider it justified means you should know where I'm coming from. I'm tired of these officers being forced to live with having taken a life, while no one stops to say they did the right thing. They get beaten over the head constantly for using deadly force when appropriate. It was a serious issue and he solved it. The rest of this is all B.S.

Man, I totally feel the same way, but the issue surrounding the treatment of officers needs to be dealt with in a serious manner. Am I glad that someone got killed? No, but I would've shot his dumb a$s as well.
Suh dude

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 9:17:58 PM
At 8/14/2016 9:05:46 PM, TBR wrote:

But it is. You can both think the response is reverse-racism and accept that a good number of black people are very angry at this moment. If they are right or wrong, the dismissive attitude does nothing to address the real problem of riots.

Blacks being angry has nothing to do with his post, so you misunderstood what his point was.

His post was more or less mocking the idiotic--and provably false--narrative that only white people can be racist.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 9:18:58 PM
At 8/14/2016 9:01:33 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:

At least someone gets it.

I do, because I don't drink the progressive bullsh!t kool aid.

I'm a very liberal guy, but the way we even talk about race in this country continues to be a driving force for why progress on the issue will never be made.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 9:19:50 PM
To even discuss diversity is to emphasize differences and by implication divide people. If the goal is racial harmony, then race must become irrelevant. As long as it matters, race-oriented problems will continue.
Throwback
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 9:21:41 PM
At 8/14/2016 9:14:31 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
At 8/14/2016 9:09:40 PM, Throwback wrote:

Man, I totally feel the same way, but the issue surrounding the treatment of officers needs to be dealt with in a serious manner. Am I glad that someone got killed? No, but I would've shot his dumb a$s as well.

I'm only glad someone was killed to the extent it was one or the other, and training saved the officer's life and ended the other. It's a good shoot. I agree with ya.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 9:22:48 PM
At 8/14/2016 9:18:58 PM, YYW wrote:
I'm a very liberal guy, but the way we even talk about race in this country continues to be a driving force for why progress on the issue will never be made.

As long as the notion of diversity exists, and as long as the country continues to embrace it, there will be racism. We need to just get rid of that.
Suh dude

The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 9:25:05 PM
At 8/14/2016 9:21:41 PM, Throwback wrote:
I'm only glad someone was killed to the extent it was one or the other, and training saved the officer's life and ended the other. It's a good shoot. I agree with ya.

And in this case, the right choice was made. I would choose someone who is here to protect the community over a worthless, community-degrading thug any day.
Suh dude

Throwback
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 9:30:53 PM
At 8/14/2016 9:25:05 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:

And in this case, the right choice was made. I would choose someone who is here to protect the community over a worthless, community-degrading thug any day.

Thug Lives Matter is really growing thin.
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 9:31:40 PM

Yeah, I saw that. They should have been mowed down on the spot.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 9:32:06 PM
Nothing says fighting "injustice" like burning down and looting your own neighborhood like a load of useless monkeys.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 9:32:17 PM
At 8/14/2016 9:30:53 PM, Throwback wrote:

Yeah, and especially because the majority of the nation is against what it is doing.
Suh dude

karlmarx59
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 9:32:43 PM

Throwback
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 9:34:55 PM
At 8/14/2016 9:32:17 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
At 8/14/2016 9:30:53 PM, Throwback wrote:

Yeah, and especially because the majority of the nation is against what it is doing.

Yes, they are.
I_Wanna_Rawk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 9:48:51 PM

It didn't talk about the actual shooting much so I can't say anything to that, but it seems to me that the officers handling the protests did a very good job, even with all re bike cd and destruction the protesters were causing. The police didn't even shoot anyone, and the only wound that was reported was from a bullet that was fired by a protester! Again, the police did a good job handling this situation, but it's sad that it had to happen. I'm not sure how the shooting happened, but based off the article, it seems to me that if you are holding a loaded weapon, and a cop orders you to put it down, if you don't it is a clearly threatening guesture.