8/17/2016 2:12:53 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/17/2016 2:10:49 AM, TBR wrote:
At 8/17/2016 1:56:17 AM, Capital wrote:
Other than 3rd world countries feminism has achieved its goal in America

Yet why do we see feminism still here?

Do you know what the goals are?

I believe the equality of the sexes

Though women have several more privileges then men but I dont see feminists complaining about that
Im not a Nazi
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2016 2:17:49 AM
At 8/17/2016 2:12:53 AM, Capital wrote:

Though women have several more privileges then men but I dont see feminists complaining about that

Privileges? Are you sure? How about the goals? Do you think that women have equal political, economic, cultural, personal, and social status? How are you sure?
Capital
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2016 2:19:41 AM
At 8/17/2016 2:17:49 AM, TBR wrote:

Privileges? Are you sure? How about the goals? Do you think that women have equal political, economic, cultural, personal, and social status? How are you sure?

Yeah. Like I cant hit a girl back. If she says I raped here then my life is ruined even if its not true. She gets paid more than me if we both have same qualifications

Women get the better half of the stick tbh
Im not a Nazi
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2016 2:36:44 AM
At 8/17/2016 2:19:41 AM, Capital wrote:

Yeah. Like I cant hit a girl back.
This sounds like you are about 12. Is that the issue? Are you 12?

If she says I raped here then my life is ruined even if its not true.
That is for the courts. The number and frequency of false accusations are much lower than the number of unreported rapes. How does that make you feel?

She gets paid more than me if we both have same qualifications
Unlikely. Due to a number of factors, women are still paid less. This is a point that gets argued often, but I have the privileged of age, and experience in business. Women are regularly paid less, they are often given less opportunity.

I have no idea what you are trying to say here.
foxxhajti
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2016 11:22:25 AM

I'm a woman, but I still don't think that places like the US require third-wave feminism. I believe that feminism has helped women gain equal rights, but now it's just going overboard, and they just want more rights than men.
"It's interesting to observe that almost all truly worthy men have simple manners, and that simple manners are almost always taken as a sign of little worth" - Giacomo Leopardi

"It is more honorable to be raised to a throne than to be born to one. Fortune bestows the one, merit obtains the other." - Francesco Petrarca

"You too must not count too much on your reality as you feel it today, since like yesterday, it may prove an illusion for you tomorrow." - Luigi Pirandello
Capital
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2016 12:07:17 PM
At 8/17/2016 2:36:44 AM, TBR wrote:

That is for the courts. The number and frequency of false accusations are much lower than the number of unreported rapes. How does that make you feel?

Unlikely. Due to a number of factors, women are still paid less. This is a point that gets argued often, but I have the privileged of age, and experience in business. Women are regularly paid less, they are often given less opportunity.

First of all im not 12 lol. Second how do you know the unreported rapes occur more often than false accusations? Thry are unreported.

Also women do get paid more for same marital status, same hours worked and same occupation. What your seeing is tge simple gact that men work longer hours than womrn, take less breaks and more often climb the corporate ladder. Nothing to do with thr patriarchy lol
Im not a Nazi
Robkwoods
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2016 1:33:21 PM

Nope never needed.

First Wave: Equal pay based on a lie, the same lie still told today.
Second Wave: Sexual revolution. Absolutely destroyed the virtue of women.
Third Wave: Sexual revolution X10, but rape culture. On demand abortion. Something about intersection or whatever.

Enjoy while you can. Wrap it up and get it in writing ;)

http://www.returnofkings.com...
Foodiesoul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2016 2:14:19 AM
Feminism is no longer needed because it is sexist against men and it just gives women more privileges than men instead of actually giving men and women EQUAL RIGHTS!

I wish I could kill every feminist!

Everyone on this site hates he and wants me to die!

NO ONE LIKES ME!

I just want to kill myself!
Foodiesoul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2016 2:27:07 AM

Yeah. Like I cant hit a girl back. If she says I raped here then my life is ruined even if its not true. She gets paid more than me if we both have same qualifications

I agree with you so much.

Women have more privileges than men! That's not equality! That's inequality as men are treated like pigs while women are treated like angels!

I wish I could kill every feminist! I would bite into their neck and drink their blood to teach them that it's NEVER okay to be sexist against men AND women!

I really feel like killing myself because this is too much for me to deal with!

One piece of advice for you. Kill EVERY feminist you meet in real life and KILL EVERYONE who discriminates against you in real life! Those people don't deserve to live! They deserve to be ravaged to shreds and thrown into a volcano! They deserve to die!

I hate my life and I hate everyone! :(
Foodiesoul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2016 2:52:34 AM
At 8/17/2016 12:07:17 PM, Capital wrote:
At 8/17/2016 2:36:44 AM, TBR wrote:

First of all im not 12 lol. Second how do you know the unreported rapes occur more often than false accusations? Thry are unreported.

Also women do get paid more for same marital status, same hours worked and same occupation. What your seeing is tge simple gact that men work longer hours than womrn, take less breaks and more often climb the corporate ladder. Nothing to do with thr patriarchy lol

You SHUT THE F**K UP, you stupid sexist moron!

Women getting paid more than men is NOT something to be taken lightly! That is unjust and it goes AGAINST the Equal Pay Act! How would you feel if you got less money just because of your gender? You would feel hurt!

NO, men DO NOT work longer hours than women, take less breaks, and climb the corporate ladder more often! That is IGNORANT and SEXIST to say because there are women who work VERY LONG HOURS, take less breaks, and climb the corporate ladder a lot!

Please SHUT THE F**K UP because you don't know anything and you don't know what you're talking about!

I'm getting tired of always having to read stupid ignorant responses from people like you!

It makes me feel so suicidal! I just want to die! :(
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2016 5:50:36 AM

Not really, abortion is an important reproductive right and is still denied to women in many places.
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2016 5:52:08 AM

At least law wise you are innocent till proven guilty so that's not true. Although if someone claims that you raped them you might lose your job regardless of whether its substantiated which isn't fair. But I don't think that has to do with feminism at all.
Freakoutimaninja235
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2016 7:34:08 AM
At 8/18/2016 5:50:36 AM, Hayd wrote:

Not really, abortion is an important reproductive right and is still denied to women in many places.

Abortion has nothing to do with reproduction except to stop it. Also, being allowed to kill your child should not be a right, nor should it have anything to do with gender equality.
Also, feminism has somehow stopped being about equality- because men and women are equal in first world countries- and started being about letting women do things that would horrify a decent person of either gender. Not only letting, but encouraging. "Right" is now a word used to blackmail people who are trying to stop the wave of ridiculous ideals. Liberals are not satisfied with gender equality- they wish to make the genders indistinguishable from each other.
Freakoutimaninja235
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2016 7:41:13 AM
At 8/18/2016 2:27:07 AM, Foodiesoul wrote:

Women have more privileges than men! That's not equality! That's inequality as men are treated like pigs while women are treated like angels!

I wish I could kill every feminist! I would bite into their neck and drink their blood to teach them that it's NEVER okay to be sexist against men AND women!

One piece of advice for you. Kill EVERY feminist you meet in real life and KILL EVERYONE who discriminates against you in real life! Those people don't deserve to live! They deserve to be ravaged to shreds and thrown into a volcano! They deserve to die!

Dude, advising us to kill people won't solve a damn thing. Killing yourself will help even less. At that point, you'll be dead and it'll be over, but probably not in a good way.
My advice to you: keep on living, help other people (that's the best way to defeat depression and suicidal thoughts). Help people you meet in any way you can, because it lets you take your mind off yourself. When you're putting other people first, you aren't thinking about yourself and therefore you aren't thinking bad thoughts. Give it a go:) don't hate people, we are all have to live together on this planet so we may as well make the best of it.
Keep living. Be strong. Maybe give this website a break- it sure doesn't help with depression, if anything it only makes it worse.
MakeSensePeopleDont
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2016 7:42:16 AM

LOL

Jeez, no duck and cover warning there? Even Harry Truman dispersed over five million leaflets and hijacked Japanese national radio signals, running a short loop; sending out messages warning the Japanese civilians to evacuate before he dropped both bombs.

FFS, you just smashed every single " Triggered!!! Feminists unite for battle! " button on the planet in the span of 20 seconds. You even managed to trigger AND micro-aggression yourself, into attacking yourself.

...I think I hear the Fem-Dic-Taters marching now; we better run before they get down this way. A little warning so we can prep next time please buddy.

"You get A privilege...You get a privilege...you get a privilege, EVERYONE GETS A PRIVILEGE!!!"

Oh sh!t, it's worse than I thought....Oprah is leading the march...and she's handing out free privileges....oh.....my......uh-god.

https://www.youtube.com...
Freakoutimaninja235
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2016 9:59:17 AM
At 8/18/2016 7:42:16 AM, MakeSensePeopleDont wrote:

LOL

Jeez, no duck and cover warning there? Even Harry Truman dispersed over five million leaflets and hijacked Japanese national radio signals, running a short loop; sending out messages warning the Japanese civilians to evacuate before he dropped both bombs.

FFS, you just smashed every single " Triggered!!! Feminists unite for battle! " button on the planet in the span of 20 seconds. You even managed to trigger AND micro-aggression yourself, into attacking yourself.

...I think I hear the Fem-Dic-Taters marching now; we better run before they get down this way. A little warning so we can prep next time please buddy.

"You get A privilege...You get a privilege...you get a privilege, EVERYONE GETS A PRIVILEGE!!!"

Oh sh!t, it's worse than I thought....Oprah is leading the march...and she's handing out free privileges....oh.....my......uh-god.

Lmao tell me about it. Some people just dont know how to handle frustration when others dont agree with their opinion. I mean, last time i checked, humans (feminists included) had the right to freedom of speech. Although, thats been a bit squashed recently
MakeSensePeopleDont
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2016 10:03:49 AM
At 8/18/2016 9:59:17 AM, Freakoutimaninja235 wrote:
At 8/18/2016 7:42:16 AM, MakeSensePeopleDont wrote:

LOL

Lmao tell me about it. Some people just dont know how to handle frustration when others dont agree with their opinion. I mean, last time i checked, humans (feminists included) had the right to freedom of speech. Although, thats been a bit squashed recently

Humans do not enjoy freedom of speech -- AMERICANS enjoy the privilege of freedom of speech.
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2016 10:17:37 AM
At 8/17/2016 1:33:21 PM, Robkwoods wrote:

Nope never needed.

Third Wave: Sexual revolution X10, but rape culture. On demand abortion. Something about intersection or whatever.

Dammit, why can't we just keep these uppity women under control?
Capital
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2016 11:52:25 AM

That's baby killing. While I do think that in 3rd world countries where women are forced to have sex should have feminism implemented I don't think America needs it, with all of the free birth control
Im not a Nazi
Midnight1131
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2016 3:38:36 PM

We don't need feminism in North America. Women are guaranteed equality by the law, there is no real sexism in the books which requires feminism to still be around here. It's bad for the cause as well, since nowadays North American feminists have been complaining about idiotic things, and that hurts the entire movement in the 3rd world.
#GaryJohnson2016
#TaxationisTheft
#TheftisTaxation
Robkwoods
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2016 3:46:52 PM
At 8/18/2016 10:17:37 AM, desmac wrote:
At 8/17/2016 1:33:21 PM, Robkwoods wrote:

Nope never needed.

Dammit, why can't we just keep these uppity women under control?

Exactly. When left to themselves, they just run amok. So much for equality.

http://www.nber.org...
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2016 8:59:26 PM

It needs to surround the Middle East and get the goat herders in line.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2016 10:25:40 PM
At 8/18/2016 11:52:25 AM, Capital wrote:

That's baby killing. While I do think that in 3rd world countries where women are forced to have sex should have feminism implemented I don't think America needs it, with all of the free birth control

Its not baby killing. A fetus holds no moral worth as it can't suffer
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2016 10:28:13 PM
At 8/18/2016 7:34:08 AM, Freakoutimaninja235 wrote:

Abortion has nothing to do with reproduction except to stop it. Also, being allowed to kill your child should not be a right, nor should it have anything to do with gender equality.

Abortion ends reproduction, and a mother should have a right to do that. And it has everything to do with gender equality. Men aren't the ones who have to undergo pregnancy to produce a child, thus a mother's ability to control have control of her body and choose when she wants to become pregnant brings her equal to men.

Also, feminism has somehow stopped being about equality- because men and women are equal in first world countries- and started being about letting women do things that would horrify a decent person of either gender. Not only letting, but encouraging. "Right" is now a word used to blackmail people who are trying to stop the wave of ridiculous ideals. Liberals are not satisfied with gender equality- they wish to make the genders indistinguishable from each other.
NHN
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2016 10:47:11 PM

I'd put it differently. When an idea (feminism) has defeated its main opposition (legislative inequality), it takes on a new and variegated form. That is to say, its goal (defeating inequality) is not reached in its fullest sense, but there is no longer a straightforward or orthodox manner in which one can reach this goal.

Contemporary feminism is a multiplicity: liberal, libertarian, social-constructionist, postmodern, post-structural, anarchic, Marxist, radical, socialist, etc. Even your own distinctive post-feminist approach ("gender equality has been achieved") is reliant on the preexistence of a feminist framework ("formerly, inequality reigned between the sexes").

It's strange, however, that there have been no feminists (of whatever distinction) entering the thread to present their own particular perspective. As a post-structural feminist myself, I am glad to answer any question of yours that may come my way.
Capital
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2016 10:49:52 PM
At 8/18/2016 10:25:40 PM, Hayd wrote:

Who establishes that worth? You?

Hitler didnt think jews had any moral worth and we all saw where that went
Im not a Nazi
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2016 10:51:58 PM
At 8/18/2016 10:49:52 PM, Capital wrote:
At 8/18/2016 10:25:40 PM, Hayd wrote:

Who establishes that worth? You?

Logic does. Morality is determined by the suffering/pleasure created or prevented by an action. You can't do anything immoral to a fetus because it doesn't feel pain, it doesn't suffer. It doesn't have autonomy, you *can't* do anything morally wrong to it

Hitler didnt think jews had any moral worth and we all saw where that went

Ah, bringing up hitler. Good argument