Total Posts:1|Showing Posts:1-1
Jump to topic:

Why I despise the FDA

Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2016 1:53:50 PM
Posted: 2 months ago

Unscientific fanaticism at its finest. Something tells me that officials are having their pockets lined by pasteurized brie manufacturers. Those cunts can go die in a fire.

"As further justification, the report notes that over the same 23-year period "there were a total of 137 recalls of various types of cheeses, of which 108 (79%) were Listeria-related. In Canada from 2004 through mid-2009 there were 15 cheese recalls, of which 11 (73%) were Listeria-related. A wide variety of cheeses were involved in these recalls."

But as evidenced by the number of outbreaks and illnesses in the U.S. and Canada, those recalls were carried out after cells of L. monocytogenes were discovered in the cheeses, but not as a result of actual illnesses. Recalls nearly always occur well after whatever foods in question have been sold, and thus consumed. And it's been well established that the presence of small numbers of L. monocytogenes cells rarely cause illnesses; for that reason, the European Union doesn't institute recalls for food containing small numbers of cells.

Now, I could accept a nearly completely conceptual analysis of this sort (aside from the terrible expense and time sink associated with it) if it was issued with the intent of sparking additional reality-based research. But it's not. It's not only a solution in search of a problem, but it has been issued with one intent and one intent only: to fear monger about the supposedly huge risk associated with eating raw milk soft cheeses like brie and camembert -- as a lead-in to stricter rules against raw milk soft cheeses."
"For a society in which the determinant mass of families were owners of capital and of land; for one in which production was regulated by self-governing corporations of small owners; and for one in which the misery and insecurity of a proletariat was unknown, there came to be substituted the dreadful moral anarchy against which all moral effort is now turned, and which goes by the name of Capitalism."
- Hilaire Belloc -