Jump to topic:

Diversity leads to whites voting for Trump

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2016 4:54:41 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
Several months ago, an interesting analysis appeared on 538. It noted that, excluding Texas, Trump won 15 out of 17 of the minority majority congressional districts that had voted (http://fivethirtyeight.com...).

I wanted to see how widespread this trend was. I took a lot of data about congressional districts from this guy (https://twitter.com...) and checked to see who won the minority majority districts while the Republican primary was still competitive.

Trump won 65% of them. If you exclude Texas and New York he won 80% of them. If you exclude all four candidates home states, he won 86% of them-- nearly 9 in 10. Moreover, of the 44 that voted after all of Trump's rivals dropped out, 40 of them were in New Jersey and California--states Trump was polling highly in and where he was expected to do very well. Had the primary continued Trump likely would've only increased the percentage of minority majority districts that he won.

This is a trend that happened in all regions of the country. Diversity has to be one of the top indicators of support for Trump.

I also just now looked at this article (https://en.wikipedia.org...). Of the 10 states least white states that voted pre-Indiana, Trump won 9 of them, losing only Texas.

Of the ten most white Trump did very poorly, losing 6 of them (Maine, Iowa, Wyoming, Idaho, Wisconsin, and Minnesota).

I made a post about this before but I had a lot less information then...but what I have now says the exact same thing that I thought before. The more exposed to diversity a white person is (or at least a Republican) the more likely they are to vote for Donald Trump. This means that in the future as fewer and fewer areas are overwhelmingly white the Republican Party will likely shift to be more like Trump and his voters. I don't see a "compassionate conservative" like W winning a primary again.

I've long thought that diversity lowers social cohesion which is one of the reasons I've been skeptical of mass immigration. Trump took everything I privately thought about this and proved that it was 100% true. We are witnessing the beginning of a much nastier and more racially driven political era. It was wholly predictable.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2016 6:10:23 PM
At 8/19/2016 4:54:41 PM, thett3 wrote:
Several months ago, an interesting analysis appeared on 538. It noted that, excluding Texas, Trump won 15 out of 17 of the minority majority congressional districts that had voted (http://fivethirtyeight.com...).

I wanted to see how widespread this trend was. I took a lot of data about congressional districts from this guy (https://twitter.com...) and checked to see who won the minority majority districts while the Republican primary was still competitive.

Trump won 65% of them. If you exclude Texas and New York he won 80% of them. If you exclude all four candidates home states, he won 86% of them-- nearly 9 in 10. Moreover, of the 44 that voted after all of Trump's rivals dropped out, 40 of them were in New Jersey and California--states Trump was polling highly in and where he was expected to do very well. Had the primary continued Trump likely would've only increased the percentage of minority majority districts that he won.

This is a trend that happened in all regions of the country. Diversity has to be one of the top indicators of support for Trump.

I also just now looked at this article (https://en.wikipedia.org...). Of the 10 states least white states that voted pre-Indiana, Trump won 9 of them, losing only Texas.

Of the ten most white Trump did very poorly, losing 6 of them (Maine, Iowa, Wyoming, Idaho, Wisconsin, and Minnesota).

I made a post about this before but I had a lot less information then...but what I have now says the exact same thing that I thought before. The more exposed to diversity a white person is (or at least a Republican) the more likely they are to vote for Donald Trump.

I would say, "exposed to diversity" should be changed to live in states with high diverse populations but remain reluctant to engage with those diverse populations.

It would be interesting to see if the same trend exists on the Democratic side. I would guess not, thus your premise that diversity causes people to further increase push for less diversity is only a subsection of society.

With that said voluntary segregation is a well known effect. You can see it at diverse companies where racial and country of origin often influences who a person befriends and hangs with.

With that said though there is no value to saying that since our brains tend to function a certain way that influences certain social behaviors those behaviors are good or bad.

Multi culturalism works very well in large business. It does so as there are many constraints to ensure people work well together. It is more difficult in a free nation.

Last thing to say is that the population of whites who continue to move towards less multi cultural is irrelevant. White will become minority soon enough. I would expect to see more violence as that trend is more and more evident.
Burzmali
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2016 6:14:17 PM
I agree with everything your wrote. The Republican base is likely to move further and further into a mindset that will only tolerate people like Trump. Might as well sign the party's death certificate now, even if it takes another couple of election cycles before the flesh starts to rot. Unless there is a serious turn around on overall message, the rest of the country is going to leave the GOP behind. They've been pushing a jingoistic, paranoid, anti-intellectual, bigoted platform for 30 years. And now the establishment is asking how they wound up with Trump as a candidate. You're just reaping what you've sowed.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2016 9:53:59 PM
At 8/19/2016 6:10:23 PM, slo1 wrote:

I made a post about this before but I had a lot less information then...but what I have now says the exact same thing that I thought before. The more exposed to diversity a white person is (or at least a Republican) the more likely they are to vote for Donald Trump.

I would say, "exposed to diversity" should be changed to live in states with high diverse populations but remain reluctant to engage with those diverse populations.

It would be interesting to see if the same trend exists on the Democratic side. I would guess not, thus your premise that diversity causes people to further increase push for less diversity is only a subsection of society.

A different trend existed where Bernie won in overwhelmingly white areas but Hillary won in the diverse areas.

This wasn't a case of a coalition of minorities outvoting everyone else though because Clinton won the white vote in a lot of states, especially in the south.

With that said voluntary segregation is a well known effect. You can see it at diverse companies where racial and country of origin often influences who a person befriends and hangs with.

With that said though there is no value to saying that since our brains tend to function a certain way that influences certain social behaviors those behaviors are good or bad.

Multi culturalism works very well in large business. It does so as there are many constraints to ensure people work well together. It is more difficult in a free nation.

I agree, it doesn't seem to be a problem among high functioning upper middle class people. And in interactions between individuals if doesn't even really seem to matter...but I think it really comes through when you look at the way groups interact. I'm worried that the US is just going to become different coalitions of ethnic groups trying to screw one another, and Trump is pretty good evidence that it's going that way. But at this point the die is basically cast...so hopefully I'm wrong.

Last thing to say is that the population of whites who continue to move towards less multi cultural is irrelevant. White will become minority soon enough. I would expect to see more violence as that trend is more and more evident.

True but minorities (other than blacks) punch far below their demographic weight due to young populations and being concentrated in states that are solidly one way or the other. The electorate in 2012 was still around 75% white (http://www.nytimes.com...), and there are a ton of heavily white states like Michigan, Minnesota, Pennslyvania, and Wisconsin have been trending red for a while. Trumps strategy of playing for the white vote actually wouldn't be a bad play if he could've kept from alienating upper class whites.

It's a short term play, though. Eventually the Republicans are screwed but they were screwed with or without Trump. Minorities were never going to vote for corporatism.

And yeah, it probably isn't going to end well. Demographic transition rarely does. I hope you're wrong about the violence, though
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2016 10:01:22 PM
At 8/19/2016 6:14:17 PM, Burzmali wrote:
I agree with everything your wrote. The Republican base is likely to move further and further into a mindset that will only tolerate people like Trump. Might as well sign the party's death certificate now, even if it takes another couple of election cycles before the flesh starts to rot.

I actually think with a less toxic candidate Trumpism could win in the short term. And I think Trump himself still has a shot (but it gets smaller every day)

65% of white Americans would support a party "stopping mass immigration, providing American jobs to American workers, preserving America"s Christian heritage, and stopping the threat of Islam" (http://www.politico.com...)

That would be more than enough to win. In the short term. In the long term, they are done but the Republican party was always going to be finished off in the long term. We can argue about the reasons why but we probably both agree that the Republican platform has basically zero appeal to minorities. I just don't understand why Republicans can't see this

Unless there is a serious turn around on overall message, the rest of the country is going to leave the GOP behind. They've been pushing a jingoistic, paranoid, anti-intellectual, bigoted platform for 30 years. And now the establishment is asking how they wound up with Trump as a candidate. You're just reaping what you've sowed.

The establishment made the mistake of pushing all of the buttons to rile their base up and then not actually doing anything about it. They've become the boy who cried wolf

Make no mistake, the democrats appeal to the worst parts of their base as well. That's just politics. The difference is that they tend to actually deliver on their promises, whereas the GOP has done virtually nothing for its base.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2016 10:05:54 PM
At 8/19/2016 6:10:23 PM, slo1 wrote:

That's because there is a unity of business purpose (a form of nationalism) and the only color that matters is green.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2016 2:16:40 AM
Bump. This is the best thread in this forum currently--need more posts.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2016 2:29:09 AM

I made a post about this before but I had a lot less information then...but what I have now says the exact same thing that I thought before. The more exposed to diversity a white person is (or at least a Republican) the more likely they are to vote for Donald Trump. This means that in the future as fewer and fewer areas are overwhelmingly white the Republican Party will likely shift to be more like Trump and his voters. I don't see a "compassionate conservative" like W winning a primary again.

I've long thought that diversity lowers social cohesion which is one of the reasons I've been skeptical of mass immigration. Trump took everything I privately thought about this and proved that it was 100% true. We are witnessing the beginning of a much nastier and more racially driven political era. It was wholly predictable.

It's only "white nations" responsible for "doingthe right thing" or "being tollerant of other cultures while all other countries practice full blown racism, intollerance and refuse people from other cultures sometimes even with the death penalty....
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2016 10:52:43 PM
Bump. This phenomenon needs more discussion.

As another anecdotal example, my mother is from Chelsea, Massachusetts. Chelsea is now only about 20% white (and falling). It's been completely transformed, and the roots of those who lived there torn out. The few remaining whites there voted for Trump by a 45 point margin.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2016 10:55:47 PM
The area of Massachusetts other parts of my family are from, which recently became majority nonwhite, voted for Trump by a 64 point margin.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2016 11:01:26 PM
At 8/27/2016 10:55:47 PM, thett3 wrote:
The area of Massachusetts other parts of my family are from, which recently became majority nonwhite, voted for Trump by a 64 point margin.

Did you notice any trend in the South vs. the North?
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2016 11:11:33 PM
At 8/27/2016 11:01:26 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 8/27/2016 10:55:47 PM, thett3 wrote:

Did you notice any trend in the South vs. the North?

I just checked...There were 23 in the South, excluding Texas. Trump won 17 of them...but half of the ones he lost were in Florida (in areas where for once it's not only white people voting in GOP primaries). I don't know how to define the "north" but outside of the south he only lost two minority majority districts, one in Illinois and to Kasich and one in Wisconsin to Cruz
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2016 11:29:01 PM
At 8/27/2016 10:52:43 PM, thett3 wrote:
Bump. This phenomenon needs more discussion.

As another anecdotal example, my mother is from Chelsea, Massachusetts. Chelsea is now only about 20% white (and falling). It's been completely transformed, and the roots of those who lived there torn out. The few remaining whites there voted for Trump by a 45 point margin.

Because once minorities become the majority in a neighborhood, they tend to take personal responsibility for their fate once the shackles of "the man" are removed.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2016 11:42:32 PM

What led to Trump was an anti American candidate who has yet to accomplish one thing in 30 years of politics other than death, chaos, espionage, selling out to foreign powers and big banks, and some unconstitutional drone strikes on American citizens with no due proccess and...a full ignoring of the Constitution for social control and plantation politics.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2016 11:44:37 PM
Or we could condense it to...

Some people are educated, and aren't ignorant sheep bowing to the weak, scared pc system that has created the greatest generation of liberal cowards in the history of planet Earth.

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2016 2:39:14 AM
Excluding home states, 42 of the 44 districts Cruz won (aka 95%) were in majority white districts. The TRUE CONSERVATIVE "shares your values" schtick doesn't work for republicans who don't live in overwhelmingly white areas.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2016 3:30:01 AM
At 8/28/2016 2:39:14 AM, thett3 wrote:
Excluding home states, 42 of the 44 districts Cruz won (aka 95%) were in majority white districts. The TRUE CONSERVATIVE "shares your values" schtick doesn't work for republicans who don't live in overwhelmingly white areas.

Interesting.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2016 3:33:52 AM
At 8/28/2016 3:30:01 AM, Greyparrot wrote:

Interesting.

Does this information surprise you?
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2016 3:41:53 AM
At 8/28/2016 3:33:52 AM, thett3 wrote:

Interesting.

I really didn't think minorities were actually listening when Trump asked them what they had to lose continuing down the same broken path...maybe I listen to too much Ivory tower pundits.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2016 3:46:53 AM
At 8/28/2016 3:41:53 AM, Greyparrot wrote:

Interesting.

I really didn't think minorities were actually listening when Trump asked them what they had to lose continuing down the same broken path...maybe I listen to too much Ivory tower pundits.

They aren't. Pretty much only whites vote in Republican primaries: http://www.arbiternews.com...

What's happening is that whites who live in diverse areas are voted for Trump (the most anti immigration candidate in decades) while those in overwhelmingly white areas voted for Cruz or Rubio
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2016 3:55:47 AM
Because a solid majority of whites vote Republican (around 60% and generally higher in states with large nonwhite populations), Republican behavior is a rough proxy for white behavior. And it doesn't paint a bright picture of diversity and multiculturalism. We're headed for a nasty, racially polarized future

But of course mentioning that is racist
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2016 4:01:59 AM
At 8/28/2016 3:46:53 AM, thett3 wrote:

Interesting.

They aren't. Pretty much only whites vote in Republican primaries: http://www.arbiternews.com...

What's happening is that whites who live in diverse areas are voted for Trump (the most anti immigration candidate in decades) while those in overwhelmingly white areas voted for Cruz or Rubio

Whites who live in diverse areas may have seen alot more culture erosion than Whites in the gated districts. Maybe that's a reason to support a culture preservationist.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2016 4:05:51 AM
At 8/28/2016 4:01:59 AM, Greyparrot wrote:

Interesting.

Whites who live in diverse areas may have seen alot more culture erosion than Whites in the gated districts. Maybe that's a reason to support a culture preservationist.

Yes and there's the fact that minorities tend to be poorer than whites, so the whites that live in those same areas are also likely to be poor. Economic distress is a big indicator of support for Trump.

So it probably isn't all about race. But it's impossible that *none* of it is about race. The trend is just too strong for that to be the case. Puzzling it all out exactly is way above my paygrade, though...
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2016 4:32:40 AM
At 8/28/2016 4:05:51 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 8/28/2016 4:01:59 AM, Greyparrot wrote:

Interesting.

Yes and there's the fact that minorities tend to be poorer than whites, so the whites that live in those same areas are also likely to be poor. Economic distress is a big indicator of support for Trump.

So it probably isn't all about race. But it's impossible that *none* of it is about race. The trend is just too strong for that to be the case. Puzzling it all out exactly is way above my paygrade, though...

Whites in diverse neighborhoods are sick of being branded racists for simply expressing some outrage of the loss of their culture. Gated white communities probably don't have to worry about midnight street racing, walking your kids past people wearing their underwear in public with their pants near their ankles, city blight, a lack of respect for your neighbors, and lack of respect for the self. When civic pride is lost, people will grasp at anyone for relief, even Trump.
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2016 4:38:19 AM
At 8/28/2016 3:55:47 AM, thett3 wrote:
Because a solid majority of whites vote Republican (around 60% and generally higher in states with large nonwhite populations), Republican behavior is a rough proxy for white behavior. And it doesn't paint a bright picture of diversity and multiculturalism. We're headed for a nasty, racially polarized future

49% of whites are republican, not 60%. 40% are Democrat. http://www.people-press.org...

I wouldn't say the GOP is entirely representative of white behavior, just conservative whites who make up 89% percent of the GOP. http://www.gallup.com...

Only if Republicans win will race issues become polarized by political lines, Democrats and liberal whites don't have a problem with race.

It's fear mongering to rile up racists aka Trump supporters - who as your data show are motivated to vote for him because they don't like diversity.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2016 4:48:32 AM
At 8/28/2016 4:38:19 AM, Bennett91 wrote:

49% of whites are republican, not 60%. 40% are Democrat. http://www.people-press.org...

I wouldn't say the GOP is entirely representative of white behavior, just conservative whites who make up 89% percent of the GOP. http://www.gallup.com...

60% of whites voted for Romney. If only whites had voted, Obama wouldn't have even won 100 electoral votes: https://www.buzzfeed.com...

Only if Republicans win will race issues become polarized by political lines, Democrats and liberal whites don't have a problem with race.

I'm not sure what this means but there was pretty clear polarization in the democratic primary too. Sanders won in most of the places Cruz won in, for similar reasons.

It's fear mongering to rile up racists aka Trump supporters - who as your data show are motivated to vote for him because they don't like diversity.

Why do you think it is that the white people who actually live in diversity don't like it? The Trump supporters generally aren't living in all white areas.

I don't see how it's fear mongering--literally all I'm doing is presenting the data and drawing a reasonable conclusion from it. What's your competing conclusion?
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2016 5:21:31 AM
At 8/28/2016 4:48:32 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 8/28/2016 4:38:19 AM, Bennett91 wrote:

60% of whites voted for Romney. If only whites had voted, Obama wouldn't have even won 100 electoral votes: https://www.buzzfeed.com...

And only 55% of whites voted for McCain in 2008. Electoral votes aren't a reliable way of telling about population and I don't really see the relevance of bringing it up. A pole taken fom july 2016 showed 51% percent of whites supporting Trump - 42% for Hillary. [http://www.people-press.org...]

I'm not sure what this means but there was pretty clear polarization in the democratic primary too. Sanders won in most of the places Cruz won in, for similar reasons.

You never explained what those reasons were, merely showed the correlation. Neither Hillary nor Sanders made race an issue in their primary, Sanders lost the minority vote for the same reason he lost in general, people weren't familiar with his policies and were scared of the socialist label. And given the Hillary and her husband had more influence and connections it made sense she won.

Why do you think it is that the white people who actually live in diversity don't like it? The Trump supporters generally aren't living in all white areas.

Trump supporters tend to be non-college educated and working class, minorities are seen as competition and foreign to conservatives, threatening white American values. That's why when trump threatened to kick Mexicans and Muslims out they cheered. And for the same reason the Governor of Maine, a 95% white state, says that blacks are the enemy - racism [http://www.huffingtonpost.com...].

But it's been shown that racist attitudes are effected by the economy [http://america.aljazeera.com...] and I'd be willing to bet in those diverse/conservative areas are also economically poorer than average, supporting my idea that minorities represent competition.

Your data is only reflective of conservative whites. There are plenty of democratic whites in diverse areas that don't vote Trump.

I don't see how it's fear mongering--literally all I'm doing is presenting the data and drawing a reasonable conclusion from it. What's your competing conclusion?

You're the one who is saying it's racist just to mention the data, a subtle dig at PC culture. It's Trump who is playing off the fear and exacerbating it. Fox News and Breitbart make a living off of screaming how muslims and mexicans and liberals are literally destroying America, dumb poor people with racial bias believe this and flock to Trump as a savior. Majority white districts are probably economically stable, so they don't have to fear competition or systemic poverty, combine that with a college education being exposed to diversity on campus and being smart enough to see through Trumps BS they vote for a less radical candidate.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2016 5:31:22 AM
At 8/28/2016 5:21:31 AM, Bennett91 wrote:

You're the one who is saying it's racist just to mention the data, a subtle dig at PC culture. It's Trump who is playing off the fear and exacerbating it. Fox News and Breitbart make a living off of screaming how muslims and mexicans and liberals are literally destroying America, dumb poor people with racial bias believe this and flock to Trump as a savior. Majority white districts are probably economically stable, so they don't have to fear competition or systemic poverty, combine that with a college education being exposed to diversity on campus and being smart enough to see through Trumps BS they vote for a less radical candidate.

How does that explain the support ?
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2016 5:40:35 AM
At 8/28/2016 5:31:22 AM, Greyparrot wrote:

How does that explain the support ?

Because Rubio, Kasich, and Cruz did not bank as heavily on race issues as Trump did. Also There's other reasons too. Trump being a celebrity was vital, Kasihch being boring, Rubio being young, and Cruz generally being a slimy person w/o a proper propaganda machine hurt them all greatly - also Rubio and Cruz were portrayed as being more sympathetic to immigrants than trump. I mention the competition aspect in the parts you deleted.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2016 5:42:17 AM
At 8/28/2016 4:48:32 AM, thett3 wrote:

Lol, and people wonder why the left is floundering in America. Maybe if you didn't treat the people who you are supposedly defending (the working poor) like ignorant peasants while fetishizing a bourgeois aristocracy, people would take you guys seriously.

Funny, how the people who are exposed to 'vibrant multiculturalism' on campus tend to live in all-white communes. Let them eat diversity...
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -