Jump to topic:

If people were blue and green, they'd hate

KendoRe2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2016 8:50:32 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
each other. Racism is as natural as the cycle of the moon. It just happens. Any political charge to end it is purely for votes and money. No logical person can think they can control everyone elses' every single thought.
Heterodox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2016 8:52:10 AM
At 8/21/2016 8:50:32 AM, KendoRe2 wrote:
each other. Racism is as natural as the cycle of the moon. It just happens. Any political charge to end it is purely for votes and money. No logical person can think they can control everyone elses' every single thought.

but they can write laws making it illegal, thereby turning people into criminals for their thoughts.
KendoRe2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2016 8:54:16 AM
At 8/21/2016 8:52:10 AM, Heterodox wrote:

but they can write laws making it illegal, thereby turning people into criminals for their thoughts.

Unless they can read what I am thinking at 353 am central, or 924 pm this evening, no. You can never outlaw an idea entirely.
Heterodox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2016 8:55:46 AM
At 8/21/2016 8:54:16 AM, KendoRe2 wrote:

Unless they can read what I am thinking at 353 am central, or 924 pm this evening, no. You can never outlaw an idea entirely.

I disagree. I would agree you cannot enforce the laws completely.
KendoRe2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2016 8:57:57 AM
If an idea exist in a singular persons mind, and they convey it to other like minded persons, without acting on it, then it exists. Unless you jail and kill everyone and have no one
Heterodox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2016 9:01:36 AM
At 8/21/2016 8:57:57 AM, KendoRe2 wrote:
If an idea exist in a singular persons mind, and they convey it to other like minded persons, without acting on it, then it exists. Unless you jail and kill everyone and have no one

There is a distinction between being able to enforce a law and making a law.
createdman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2016 9:59:21 AM
each other. Racism is as natural as the cycle of the moon. It just happens. Any political charge to end it is purely for votes and money. No logical person can think they can control everyone elses' every single thought. : :

Many dictators have tried hard to control the thoughts of those he controls by killing the bodies of all those he can't control. However, many of those people who appear to be under the dictator's control have a lot of patience and can appear to the dictator that he's in control of them until those patient people kill the dictator or the dictator dies in other ways. No dictator can totally control the thoughts of anyone.
Heterodox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2016 10:03:09 AM
At 8/21/2016 9:59:21 AM, createdman wrote:
each other. Racism is as natural as the cycle of the moon. It just happens. Any political charge to end it is purely for votes and money. No logical person can think they can control everyone elses' every single thought. : :

Many dictators have tried hard to control the thoughts of those he controls by killing the bodies of all those he can't control. However, many of those people who appear to be under the dictator's control have a lot of patience and can appear to the dictator that he's in control of them until those patient people kill the dictator or the dictator dies in other ways. No dictator can totally control the thoughts of anyone.

I agree that we cannot know what a persons thoughts are. We can only try to deduce them through their actions.
createdman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2016 10:12:14 AM
At 8/21/2016 10:03:09 AM, Heterodox wrote:

I agree that we cannot know what a persons thoughts are. We can only try to deduce them through their actions. : :

The actions of the body can be the worst way to know the thoughts of a man. I knew a man whose body couldn't move at all because the disease called "Lou Gehrig's disease" had made his body motionless except for the ability to blink it's eyes and make a clicking sound with it's lips, which was the way he communicated his thoughts to his wife and those who had learned what those blinking eyelids and clicking sounds meant. So the only way to know what he was thinking, was to believe his blinking eyelids and clicking sounds he made with his lips.

A liar can make his body appear innocent while his thoughts of killing you are very strong in his mind.
Heterodox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2016 10:24:28 AM
At 8/21/2016 10:12:14 AM, createdman wrote:

I agree that we cannot know what a persons thoughts are. We can only try to deduce them through their actions. : :

The actions of the body can be the worst way to know the thoughts of a man. I knew a man whose body couldn't move at all because the disease called "Lou Gehrig's disease" had made his body motionless except for the ability to blink it's eyes and make a clicking sound with it's lips, which was the way he communicated his thoughts to his wife and those who had learned what those blinking eyelids and clicking sounds meant. So the only way to know what he was thinking, was to believe his blinking eyelids and clicking sounds he made with his lips.

A liar can make his body appear innocent while his thoughts of killing you are very strong in his mind.

I would say that blinking and making clicking sounds would fall under the category of an action.

Actions may not be an accurate representation of a person's thoughts, but they are all we've got.
createdman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2016 10:31:21 AM
At 8/21/2016 10:24:28 AM, Heterodox wrote:

I would say that blinking and making clicking sounds would fall under the category of an action.

Actions may not be an accurate representation of a person's thoughts, but they are all we've got. : :

Bodily actions are just one form of communicating thoughts but good liars get very good at keeping their lying thoughts from being known by other people.

The best way to be friends with people is to believe everything they tell you but don't tell them that everything they tell you is a lie.
Heterodox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2016 10:37:05 AM
At 8/21/2016 10:31:21 AM, createdman wrote:

Actions may not be an accurate representation of a person's thoughts, but they are all we've got. : :

Bodily actions are just one form of communicating thoughts but good liars get very good at keeping their lying thoughts from being known by other people.

The best way to be friends with people is to believe everything they tell you but don't tell them that everything they tell you is a lie.

I am talking about actions being the only way to deduce another persons thoughts, you are talking about body language and how good liars can manipulate their body's actions. Why are you focusing on a very narrow subset of actions when I've already said that actions are not necessarily an accurate way of deducing a persons thoughts, but are the only way we have?
createdman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2016 10:47:42 AM
At 8/21/2016 10:37:05 AM, Heterodox wrote:
At 8/21/2016 10:31:21 AM, createdman wrote:

I am talking about actions being the only way to deduce another persons thoughts, you are talking about body language and how good liars can manipulate their body's actions. Why are you focusing on a very narrow subset of actions when I've already said that actions are not necessarily an accurate way of deducing a persons thoughts, but are the only way we have? : :

Bodily actions are not a very good way to deduce the thoughts of a man. That's why man is confused himself when his body is addicted to drugs, alcohol, sex, work, etc. but his thoughts take him elsewhere.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2016 3:43:13 AM

Horsesh1t. You can think and say whatever you like, you just can't discriminate in hiring, housing, or service.

Get over your f**king self. I can call you a bitch nigg*r. I can call you a pansy faggot. I can call you a dumb a$$ trailer-trash cock sucker.

Wait for it....

No. No PC police coming. No worry about the government at my door.
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2016 12:42:03 PM

Naturally the "natural" argument fails all attempts to moralize and standardize a natural code of morality.
MakeSensePeopleDont
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2016 2:15:41 PM

I disagree....ask the citizens of North Korea. They literally have to hold their leader as a mortal God or face execution.
Heterodox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2016 2:33:14 PM
At 8/22/2016 3:43:13 AM, TBR wrote:

Horsesh1t. You can think and say whatever you like, you just can't discriminate in hiring, housing, or service.

Get over your f**king self. I can call you a bitch nigg*r. I can call you a pansy faggot. I can call you a dumb a$$ trailer-trash cock sucker.

Wait for it....

Tell me, is there a difference between a "hate crime" and a regular crime?
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2016 3:21:10 PM
At 8/22/2016 2:33:14 PM, Heterodox wrote:

Wait for it....

Actions, not thoughts or words.
Heterodox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2016 3:34:14 PM
At 8/22/2016 3:21:10 PM, TBR wrote:

Wait for it....

Really? Please elaborate on what kind of actions make a person guilty of a hate crime instead of just guilty of a crime.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2016 3:56:45 PM
At 8/22/2016 3:34:14 PM, Heterodox wrote:

Wait for it....

Really? Please elaborate on what kind of actions make a person guilty of a hate crime instead of just guilty of a crime.

I don't have to, because its right jn the law - look it up.

You can think whatever you like, you are wrong on that point. You can say whatever you like - you are wrong on that point. When acting in a illegal way, you have taken the very action that is the subject of this nonsensical notion you and many conservatives ignore.

So, saying nasty things - not illegal. Thinking nasty things - not illegal. Stop posting bullsh1t.
Heterodox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2016 4:08:30 PM
At 8/22/2016 3:56:45 PM, TBR wrote:

Wait for it....

You can think whatever you like, you are wrong on that point. You can say whatever you like - you are wrong on that point. When acting in a illegal way, you have taken the very action that is the subject of this nonsensical notion you and many conservatives ignore.

So, saying nasty things - not illegal. Thinking nasty things - not illegal. Stop posting bullsh1t.

I have looked it up, that's why I brought it up.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2016 4:33:43 PM
At 8/22/2016 4:08:30 PM, Heterodox wrote:

Wait for it....

Ok great! Do you agree that there is no law preventing you from saying OR thinking what you like? Simple yes or no. Do you agree that hate crime laws (regardless if I like them or now) require illegal action? Simple yes or no.

If you answer honestly yes to each.... Well you would be honest, and there would be no reason to perpetuate the nonsense about the government thought police.
Heterodox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2016 5:27:05 PM
At 8/22/2016 4:33:43 PM, TBR wrote:
At 8/22/2016 4:08:30 PM, Heterodox wrote:

Wait for it....

Ok great! Do you agree that there is no law preventing you from saying OR thinking what you like? Simple yes or no. Do you agree that hate crime laws (regardless if I like them or now) require illegal action? Simple yes or no.

If you answer honestly yes to each.... Well you would be honest, and there would be no reason to perpetuate the nonsense about the government thought police.

Hate crimes are illegal acts + certain thoughts
Crimes are illegal acts

So, I certainly couldn't say there are no laws from preventing me from thinking what I like, at least not in conjunction with committing certain criminal acts.

I just wonder, do you think these Green and Blue people are from the US? Do you deny that in other countries certain thoughts are criminalized and/or punishable in and of themselves (not requiring to be in conjunction with another criminal act)?

Oh and a simple yes or no answer will do, otherwise your credibility will be in question (ya it was BS when you did it too).
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2016 9:24:29 PM

According to darwinists racism is a survival trait of evolution.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2016 11:22:57 PM
At 8/22/2016 9:24:29 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

According to darwinists racism is a survival trait of evolution.

Good lord raptor. What you know of the world is shocking. What you know of science is... well, nothing.
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2016 12:12:44 AM

But, that still doesn't mean they'd hate each other. Racism isn't natural, it's facilitated by radicals who have influence on others.
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW