Jump to topic:

Texas is going to turn blue

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 2:04:01 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
I looked up my old high school on this website to find out how it was rated. I made the mistake of clicking "students" and it showed me the demographics of my school compared to the rest of the state. Only 29% of school children in Texas are white. Less than a third, and dropping.

Texas is going to turn blue. It's simply a matter of time. Game, set, match Republicans

http://www.greatschools.org...
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 2:05:00 AM
At 8/30/2016 2:04:01 AM, thett3 wrote:
I looked up my old high school on this website to find out how it was rated. I made the mistake of clicking "students" and it showed me the demographics of my school compared to the rest of the state. Only 29% of school children in Texas are white. Less than a third, and dropping.

Texas is going to turn blue. It's simply a matter of time. Game, set, match Republicans

I'd say there's a fair shot Texas may go blue this election.
Tsar of DDO
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 2:07:08 AM
At 8/30/2016 2:05:00 AM, YYW wrote:

Probably not in this election, but it is going to happen. Republicans have no idea how screwed they are. They are only a few election cycles away from never being able to win again
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 2:19:40 AM
At 8/30/2016 2:07:08 AM, thett3 wrote:

Probably not in this election, but it is going to happen. Republicans have no idea how screwed they are. They are only a few election cycles away from never being able to win again

But they can hold onto the house as long as they can gerrymander. At this point, the way to kill the GOP long-term is to push for non-partisan redistricting committees.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 2:20:22 AM

idk dude.... I think they're there now.
Tsar of DDO
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 2:20:53 AM

Uh oh. Lol.
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 2:21:30 AM
At 8/30/2016 2:19:40 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

But they can hold onto the house as long as they can gerrymander. At this point, the way to kill the GOP long-term is to push for non-partisan redistricting committees.

I'm pretty sure that's going to happen soon.

Federal courts are taking notice of the bad things that some states (like North Carolina) have been engaging in since the monumentally idiotic decision of Shelby v. Holder.
Tsar of DDO
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 2:21:56 AM
At 8/30/2016 2:20:22 AM, YYW wrote:

It's possible. I mean if it's now, 2020, or 2024 it doesn't really matter. In the long term they're boned.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 2:22:00 AM
At 8/30/2016 2:20:53 AM, ColeTrain wrote:

Uh oh. Lol.

But maybe Republicans can win the hispanic vote by proving that dems r the REAL racists
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 2:23:16 AM
At 8/30/2016 2:22:00 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 8/30/2016 2:20:53 AM, ColeTrain wrote:

Uh oh. Lol.

But maybe Republicans can win the hispanic vote by proving that dems r the REAL racists

Lol. If only that could happen xD
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 2:25:27 AM

They can hold on to the house for a bit longer. But after the next few cycles they have virtually zero chance of ever winning the executive branch again. And with the executive goes the courts. Congress is already impotent enough, just wait until the Republican House majority is nothing but terrified politicians clinging to 2% margins in gerrymandered districts.

It's over. The game is over, and the left won.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 2:25:40 AM
If the GOP loses Texas, they would have to win Nevada, Colorado, Florida, Pennsylvania, Virginia, North Carolina, and Ohio to reach 270.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 2:26:37 AM

Well done. The liberals brought in enough minority slaves to push out those who made America what it is in an attempt to watch it all disappear and be replaced by foreign cultures. At least the Mexicans keep pouring in th give Hillary her virtually free labor she needs to satisfy her batch of lobbyists.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 2:27:47 AM
At 8/30/2016 2:25:27 AM, thett3 wrote:

They can hold on to the house for a bit longer. But after the next few cycles they have virtually zero chance of ever winning the executive branch again. And with the executive goes the courts. Congress is already impotent enough, just wait until the Republican House majority is nothing but terrified politicians clinging to 2% margins in gerrymandered districts.

I'm not really sure what'll happen. Ifthe GOP knows what's good for them, they'll reform as a centrist to centre-right party, to try moving the Democrats left in hopes they can create competition that way - in effect, become the Democratic establishment but more socially conservative.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 2:28:47 AM
At 8/30/2016 2:21:56 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 8/30/2016 2:20:22 AM, YYW wrote:

It's possible. I mean if it's now, 2020, or 2024 it doesn't really matter. In the long term they're boned.

What liberals cannot grasp is that once the original Americans are outnumbered by foreigners...there will be no more America. It will take a giant step back.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 2:29:22 AM
And not only will they lose Texas, they'll probably lose Arizona soon, too.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 2:29:53 AM
At 8/30/2016 2:27:47 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

I'm not really sure what'll happen. Ifthe GOP knows what's good for them, they'll reform as a centrist to centre-right party, to try moving the Democrats left in hopes they can create competition that way - in effect, become the Democratic establishment but more socially conservative.

I'm sure that's exactly what their base wants from them.

But cheap labor was just THAT important. Fvck the GOP. I don't think there has been a more worthless political party in all of history
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 2:31:40 AM
At 8/30/2016 2:29:53 AM, thett3 wrote:

But cheap labor was just THAT important. Fvck the GOP. I don't think there has been a more worthless political party in all of history

The Labour Party in the UK is probably full of shittier elites than the Republican Party.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 2:33:02 AM

I believe some polls only show Trump in the low 40s in Texas because of Johnson.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 2:33:53 AM
And speaking of Johnson - every Republican backing him is just quickening the GOP's death by having the Libertarians get federal funding after this election.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 2:36:00 AM

It depends on how effectively the Democrats can garner the Hispanic vote there. Yes, Hispanics tend to vote Democrats, but Texas is historically a red state and their are measures the Republicans can take to try to get more Hispanics to vote for them (such as being less strict on immigration). For example, Sen. John Cornyn got 48 percent of the Latino vote. Abbott I think had like 44% of the Hispanic vote. So it's not a definite it'll turn blue, the Republicans have to actually "try" though.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
xus00HAY
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 2:37:58 AM
Yes the Hispanic population is huge, but students or anyone under 18 can't vote. Their parents can't vote if they are not U.S. citizens or they are convicted felons. Besides they are still a minority.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 2:38:41 AM
At 8/30/2016 2:37:58 AM, xus00HAY wrote:
Yes the Hispanic population is huge, but students or anyone under 18 can't vote. Their parents can't vote if they are not U.S. citizens or they are convicted felons. Besides they are still a minority.

Wait a couple of years: http://www.mysanantonio.com...
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 2:58:36 AM
At 8/30/2016 2:31:40 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

The Labour Party in the UK is probably full of shittier elites than the Republican Party.

Does Labour advocate for the replacement of its base by groups who vote for their opponents?
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 3:01:02 AM
At 8/30/2016 2:58:36 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 8/30/2016 2:31:40 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

Does Labour advocate for the replacement of its base by groups who vote for their opponents?

No but it falsified stories in the media against their own leader, leading to a situation where 75% of news articles misrepresented him - and then they blamed their leader for dividing the party, despite winning a clear mandate - and then complained to the courts when it looked like he would get through a coup attempt with another mandate.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 3:02:14 AM

Are you just making this assumption based off of your school's statistics.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 3:06:10 AM
At 8/30/2016 3:02:14 AM, lannan13 wrote:

Are you just making this assumption based off of your school's statistics.

They were all-of-state school statistics.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 3:33:34 AM

They can win easily. The Hispanic population is largely Catholic and moderate to conservative socially. If they were to drop this silly platform of deporting 11 million illegals and instead focus on how to keep families whole while securing the border they could clean up. Unfortunately a big chunk of Republican support are white first types.

There is a fundamental flaw with the party when the only thing they could criticize Regan was his amnesty program.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 3:33:52 AM

We already know the old guard is done for, so unless they turn centrist or centrist-right it's game over. The smart money says they're done and I predict the big battles of our children's generation will be between libertarians and democrats (with the libs leaning more center-left than anything anyways). Once they lose the executive branch the judicial branch follows and we all know congress is as potent as a soft breeze.

Just look at how much support the "real" republicans garnered during the primaries, it's over bro. As for Texas turning blue... that'd be crazy, but I agree that the likelihood of that increases as more minorities become of age. Might not happen this cycle, but it most likely will by 2020-2024. There will always be fiscal conservatives, but when it comes to social policies the liberals have, without a doubt, won.... for now.

Let's take this further though and really examine why Texas will turn blue - the key is hidden in the average number of children hispanic households have. A single family can churn out 8 new hispanic voters in 20 years time, all of which are basically guaranteed to vote for the dems, whereas white-collar Caucasian families put out 1-2 kids who *might* become republicans... ultimately I think you're correct here. The republican base just hasn't had good representation in a longggg time, and us Americans have a very short memory, so with nothing to grab onto it's only a matter of time before the party drowns and is carried down-river.

Of course, these are just my thoughts, and I'm certainly no political pundit amongst the many more well-versed members active in this sub-forum.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 3:35:12 AM

Yup
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...