Total Posts:14|Showing Posts:1-14
Jump to topic:

Was Benito Mussolini a good leader for Italy?

jesusismywarrior
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 12:30:16 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
Hello there! As you can see from my profile, I happen to be Italian. I think Benito Mussolini was a good leader overall, but made a terrible mistake allying up with Nazi Germany. Italy wasn't particularly free under his rule either, and a bunch of propaganda was going on.

What are some good things he has done, in your opinion?
Mark 10:44-45 "44 and whoever wants to be first must be slave of all. 45 For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many."
NHN
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 12:52:51 PM
At 8/30/2016 12:30:16 PM, jesusismywarrior wrote:
I am thankful to Mussolini because:
1. He died without much ado -- and I will one day, out of deep disrespect, "water the flowers" of his tomb.
2. He forever delegitimized fascism -- that is to say, authoritarian nationalism in its fetishized Italian version -- as a political alternative.
3. His caricature and his ugly mug were more real than he himself (re: Chaplin's The Great Dictator).
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 4:11:04 PM
Hello there! As you can see from my profile, I happen to be Italian. I think Benito Mussolini was a good leader overall, but made a terrible mistake allying up with Nazi Germany. Italy wasn't particularly free under his rule either, and a bunch of propaganda was going on.

Lose WWII
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
jesusismywarrior
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2016 8:15:31 AM
At 8/30/2016 4:11:04 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

Lose WWII

Ugh Americans.
Mark 10:44-45 "44 and whoever wants to be first must be slave of all. 45 For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many."
jesusismywarrior
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2016 8:17:28 AM
At 8/30/2016 12:52:51 PM, NHN wrote:
I am thankful to Mussolini because:
1. He died without much ado -- and I will one day, out of deep disrespect, "water the flowers" of his tomb.
2. He forever delegitimized fascism -- that is to say, authoritarian nationalism in its fetishized Italian version -- as a political alternative.
3. His caricature and his ugly mug were more real than he himself (re: Chaplin's The Great Dictator).

https://www.youtube.com...
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2016 12:40:14 PM
At 8/31/2016 8:15:31 AM, jesusismywarrior wrote:

Lose WWII

Ugh Americans.

Sorry. That was my favorite thing about him. Shall I retreat from my response and tell you just how great it'd be to be a Nazi today?
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
jesusismywarrior
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2016 12:46:33 PM
At 8/31/2016 12:40:14 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

Lose WWII

Ugh Americans.

Sorry. That was my favorite thing about him. Shall I retreat from my response and tell you just how great it'd be to be a Nazi today?

Throwback
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2016 2:15:29 PM
At 8/31/2016 12:46:33 PM, jesusismywarrior wrote:

Lose WWII

Ugh Americans.

I find it a bit odd that a Catholic could praise Mussolini. Then again, I also find it strange a Catholic could think Obama a decent human being, too.
When I respond with "OK" don't take it personally. I'm simply being appropriately dismissive.
jesusismywarrior
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2016 6:58:38 PM
At 8/31/2016 2:15:29 PM, Throwback wrote:

Lose WWII

Ugh Americans.

I find it a bit odd that a Catholic could praise Mussolini. Then again, I also find it strange a Catholic could think Obama a decent human being, too.

Why do you find it odd that I praise him? I don't necessarily praise Il Duce. I'm posting these videos for the lulz, but he has done a few good things for Italy. His only mistake was allying up with them Germans. I'm not a fascist, but one must recognize the good things he has committed, not only the bad. As for Obama, I don't really know what to say about him since I'm not American.

The Italy he took under his rule was a country that was poor, had social unrest, Italian pride was lost, had lack of jobs, lack education, lack transportation and the notorious mafia.

During his rule, society ran quite smoothly though. He wanted to get back the glory we had in the Roman times. He got more colonies. Libya was pretty much our colony. He helped Italy's economical crisis, and built about 5000 farms to feed the people and employ them. He also created a more efficient means of transportation. Mussolini had declared war on the Mafia, and frankly, by 1928 most Mafia members were arrested. Since he ameliorated the economy, decreased the unemployment rate, etc. , I'd consider him, at least semi-decent.
Throwback
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2016 7:03:26 PM
At 8/31/2016 6:58:38 PM, jesusismywarrior wrote:

Lose WWII

Ugh Americans.

Why do you find it odd that I praise him? I don't necessarily praise Il Duce. I'm posting these videos for the lulz, but he has done a few good things for Italy. His only mistake was allying up with them Germans. I'm not a fascist, but one must recognize the good things he has committed, not only the bad. As for Obama, I don't really know what to say about him since I'm not American.

The Italy he took under his rule was a country that was poor, had social unrest, Italian pride was lost, had lack of jobs, lack education, lack transportation and the notorious mafia.

During his rule, society ran quite smoothly though. He wanted to get back the glory we had in the Roman times. He got more colonies. Libya was pretty much our colony. He helped Italy's economical crisis, and built about 5000 farms to feed the people and employ them. He also created a more efficient means of transportation. Mussolini had declared war on the Mafia, and frankly, by 1928 most Mafia members were arrested. Since he ameliorated the economy, decreased the unemployment rate, etc. , I'd consider him, at least semi-decent.

Maybe you just don't have access to information on what a base creature he was? At any rate I see contradictions like this everywhere. Right up to the anti-Catholic hater of mankind and God in the Vatican, Jorge Bergoglio.
When I respond with "OK" don't take it personally. I'm simply being appropriately dismissive.
jesusismywarrior
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2016 7:12:13 PM
At 8/31/2016 7:03:26 PM, Throwback wrote:

Lose WWII

Ugh Americans.

Maybe you just don't have access to information on what a base creature he was? At any rate I see contradictions like this everywhere. Right up to the anti-Catholic hater of mankind and God in the Vatican, Jorge Bergoglio.

I'm being objective here though. Do I consider him the best leader ever? Definitely not, but he seemed at least semi-decent. I wouldn't want to be in a totalitarian government such as his, but the good things he had committed are generally dismissed.
Throwback
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2016 7:19:00 PM
At 8/31/2016 7:12:13 PM, jesusismywarrior wrote:

Lose WWII

Ugh Americans.

I'm being objective here though. Do I consider him the best leader ever? Definitely not, but he seemed at least semi-decent. I wouldn't want to be in a totalitarian government such as his, but the good things he had committed are generally dismissed.

We have very different values. I wouldn't praise one for taking away my freedom if my cell was my favorite color.
jesusismywarrior
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2016 7:24:23 PM
At 8/31/2016 7:19:00 PM, Throwback wrote:
At 8/31/2016 7:12:13 PM, jesusismywarrior wrote:

Lose WWII

Ugh Americans.

We have very different values. I wouldn't praise one for taking away my freedom if my cell was my favorite color.

Different people, different views, different values. As I've said, I wouldn't want to be in a totalitarian government, I like my freedom, which is why I wouldn't want to be under his rule, but objectively speaking, he wasn't that bad, for the country as a whole I mean.