Jump to topic:

Cultural Critical Mass: Killing Liberalism

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2016 5:17:16 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
Liberalism will die, and SJW progressives will kill it if we don't change course.

I am leaving this here to remind myself to discuss it.

Themes of discussion:

1. The extent to which race and gender studies departments contribute to America's youth's moral depravity.

2. Feminism and race feminism, and their vile and pernicious impact on the soft sciences and psychology

3. Why psychology's fragile scientific legitimacy is in peril by a pernicious decay caused by the onslaught of (normative) SJW ideals

4. The abject stupidity of almost every single person on Youtube, Twitter, and every other platform that supports the cottage industry of those who are "professionally offended."

5. The vile social undercurrent of SJW culture: the more offended you are, the more people will do what you want; offense is the measure of legitimacy, and the only one that matters; if you are not offended, your opinion doesn't matter

6. The manifest stupidity of white privilege, and every iteration of discussing it

7. The manifest stupidity of the wage gap, and every iteration of discussing it

8. Why policing language is stupid and those who want to police language are both stupid and bad people who are what is wrong with our culture, and who are a greater threat to Western civilization than any other external threat (including, without limitation, radical islam)

9. Why I no longer support universal college education

10. Why the academy itself, and, indeed, the very model of higher education as it exists in the United States is at risk

11. How emotionally volatile blacks have been recruited into the ranks of useless departments by practices of affirmative action for the purpose of perpetuating racial conflict, for the purpose of ensuring the ongoing "need" for "African American Studies" and like programs, for the purpose of perpetuating racial conflict

12. How SJW ideals are the sole cause of intra-class conflict's ongoing perniciousness, and prevent the problems SJWs decry from ever remediating themselves, perpetuating the need for the "SJW" (i.e. the new dialectic; the first step (thesis) is to create a problem; the second step (antithesis) is to generate opposition to the problem (fear, panic and hysteria); the third step (synthesis) is to offer the solution to the problem created by step one: A change which would have been impossible to impose upon the people without the proper psychological conditioning achieved in stages one and two.)

13. The reality of our new cultural "critical mass," and what this means in five, ten, and fifteen years
Tsar of DDO
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2016 6:39:29 AM
At 9/1/2016 5:17:16 AM, YYW wrote:

13. The reality of our new cultural "critical mass," and what this means in five, ten, and fifteen years

I'd like to hear more about this point.

I know there used to be filters when assimilating cultures to weed out the societally bad aspects of other cultures while incorporating the good aspects, but the SJWs are insistent on tearing down all filters and promoting all growth and diversity as good without question. It's a recipe that invites cancerous growth, and the inevitable failure of society.
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2016 2:46:10 PM

I'm interested in hearing this.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2016 3:21:42 PM
Liberalism will die, and SJW progressives will kill it if we don't change course.

Themes of discussion:

1. The extent to which race and gender studies departments contribute to America's youth's moral depravity.

2. Feminism and race feminism, and their vile and pernicious impact on the soft sciences and psychology

3. Why psychology's fragile scientific legitimacy is in peril by a pernicious decay caused by the onslaught of (normative) SJW ideals

4. The abject stupidity of almost every single person on Youtube, Twitter, and every other platform that supports the cottage industry of those who are "professionally offended."

5. The vile social undercurrent of SJW culture: the more offended you are, the more people will do what you want; offense is the measure of legitimacy, and the only one that matters; if you are not offended, your opinion doesn't matter

6. The manifest stupidity of white privilege, and every iteration of discussing it

8. Why policing language is stupid and those who want to police language are both stupid and bad people who are what is wrong with our culture, and who are a greater threat to Western civilization than any other external threat (including, without limitation, radical islam)

10. Why the academy itself, and, indeed, the very model of higher education as it exists in the United States is at risk

11. How emotionally volatile blacks have been recruited into the ranks of useless departments by practices of affirmative action for the purpose of perpetuating racial conflict, for the purpose of ensuring the ongoing "need" for "African American Studies" and like programs, for the purpose of perpetuating racial conflict

12. How SJW ideals are the sole cause of intra-class conflict's ongoing perniciousness, and prevent the problems SJWs decry from ever remediating themselves, perpetuating the need for the "SJW" (i.e. the new dialectic; the first step (thesis) is to create a problem; the second step (antithesis) is to generate opposition to the problem (fear, panic and hysteria); the third step (synthesis) is to offer the solution to the problem created by step one: A change which would have been impossible to impose upon the people without the proper psychological conditioning achieved in stages one and two.)

I would like to talk this out too. No time now, but I buy the major premise. Like the Christian right (cultural conservationism) has been the death of the GOP, I can buy that the left can go too far in its zeal for "social justice". I disagree with you on a number of points within the topic, but agree that the fringe is stupid and destructive.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2016 4:08:26 PM

Themes of discussion:

In an attempt to bury Conservatives by bringing in mass immigration to sway the voting demographic, liberals will become extinct. Why? Most of these immigrants do not think with a liberal mindset. It won't be long and democratic or liberal culture will be history, a mythological and foreign concept to future generations. Liberals chose to cut off their nose to spite their face.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2016 10:07:35 PM

Interested in hearing these. :)
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
Ramshutu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2016 12:37:30 AM

Themes of discussion:

Isn't what you're doing here, just a right wing form of "SJW", being offended at other people being offended?
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2016 1:38:43 AM
At 9/1/2016 10:07:35 PM, ColeTrain wrote:

Interested in hearing these. :)

What do you think about them?
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2016 1:40:10 AM
At 9/1/2016 2:46:10 PM, tejretics wrote:

I'm interested in hearing this.

It boils down to the realities of what happens in colleges these days. I don't want to send kids to colleges like Oberlin or wherever else the affirmative actions cases may get in because of the realities of what culturally toxic ideas they will learn there.
Tsar of DDO
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2016 1:43:25 AM

I sure hope so. :P

Agreed.

Agree.

Agree.

Don't really understand exactly what you're saying here.

Agreed.

Agree.

Agree.

Agree.

Not sure.

Not sure.

Agree.

Agree.

We'll see. :)
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2016 2:01:15 AM
At 9/2/2016 1:43:25 AM, ColeTrain wrote:

You would rather the only alternative be the SJWs?

Agreed.

Agree.

Agree.

SJW's get off by feigning offense at sh!t, like in the video. This is being "professionally offended." It's a cottage industry now.

Agreed.

Agree.

Agree.

Agree.

Not sure.

Not sure.

Agree.

Agree.

Tsar of DDO
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2016 2:05:50 AM
At 9/2/2016 2:01:15 AM, YYW wrote:
At 9/2/2016 1:43:25 AM, ColeTrain wrote:

You would rather the only alternative be the SJWs?

No, I suppose not. :P

Agreed.

Agree.

Agree.

SJW's get off by feigning offense at stuff, like in the video. This is being "professionally offended." It's a cottage industry now.

Oh okay. Then yeah, agree.

Agreed.

Agree.

Agree.

Agree.

Not sure.

Not sure.

Agree.

Agree.

triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2016 2:23:33 AM

This one for sure.
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2016 3:15:34 AM

Themes of discussion:

I'm amazed by the extent to which these departments have spread and how powerful their lobby is. The only purposes I can see them fulfilling is detailing racial and gender oppression, both historically and currently, and educating people in preventing this sort of behavior. But those are already fulfilled by the history and political science departments, and general campus education specifically. There's no reason race and gender studies departments should even exist, much less be as large as they currently are.

I think the biggest problem facing psychology right now is the widespread desire to not only map, but to explain, consciousness. It's doubtful whether consciousness can even be examined from a scientific perspective. Way too much energy is being devoted in this area. But I digress.

It's almost like being offended is the new term for expressing disagreement. But the former is much more egregious because it closes off any sort of discussion on the topic. The ideas of Socrates that the thinkers of the Renaissance and the Enlightenment have tried so hard to have enstilled in every individual are now under fire from this development.

It's sad that the greatest threat to the first amendment comes not from enemies outside, but from our own citizens within, whose silly opinions are only able to be expressed because of the first amendment.

I disagree here. No ideological development, however bad, should block people off from pursuing higher education. It is better that these ideologies be rigorously combatted than to punish those not responsible for such ideologies.

This I think is the greatest tragedy of anything you've mentioned here. It is no doubt that blacks are, at least collectively and in part, worse off because of the behavior of whites before the 1960s, and it is also no doubt that, in certain local and state-wide contexts, blacks still face discrimination. But black movements (like BLM) don't advocate solutions to either of these problems so much as just using those problems as excuses to revolt. We live in an age where nonviolent movements are easier to assemble than ever before, but these opportunities are not being utilized. And then black youths are unfairly forced into the same practices, perpetuating the cycle further. And much better alternatives are so close at hand.

The worst effect is the destruction of fledgling liberal movements in modernizing countries, as leaders feel threatened by the political and societal problems apparent in the current Western "apparent" standard of liberalism.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2016 3:21:14 AM
At 9/2/2016 3:15:34 AM, Subutai wrote:

Themes of discussion:

I'm amazed by the extent to which these departments have spread and how powerful their lobby is. The only purposes I can see them fulfilling is detailing racial and gender oppression, both historically and currently, and educating people in preventing this sort of behavior. But those are already fulfilled by the history and political science departments, and general campus education specifically. There's no reason race and gender studies departments should even exist, much less be as large as they currently are.

I think the biggest problem facing psychology right now is the widespread desire to not only map, but to explain, consciousness. It's doubtful whether consciousness can even be examined from a scientific perspective. Way too much energy is being devoted in this area. But I digress.

It's almost like being offended is the new term for expressing disagreement. But the former is much more egregious because it closes off any sort of discussion on the topic. The ideas of Socrates that the thinkers of the Renaissance and the Enlightenment have tried so hard to have enstilled in every individual are now under fire from this development.

It's sad that the greatest threat to the first amendment comes not from enemies outside, but from our own citizens within, whose silly opinions are only able to be expressed because of the first amendment.

I disagree here. No ideological development, however bad, should block people off from pursuing higher education. It is better that these ideologies be rigorously combatted than to punish those not responsible for such ideologies.

This I think is the greatest tragedy of anything you've mentioned here. It is no doubt that blacks are, at least collectively and in part, worse off because of the behavior of whites before the 1960s, and it is also no doubt that, in certain local and state-wide contexts, blacks still face discrimination. But black movements (like BLM) don't advocate solutions to either of these problems so much as just using those problems as excuses to revolt. We live in an age where nonviolent movements are easier to assemble than ever before, but these opportunities are not being utilized. And then black youths are unfairly forced into the same practices, perpetuating the cycle further. And much better alternatives are so close at hand.

The worst effect is the destruction of fledgling liberal movements in modernizing countries, as leaders feel threatened by the political and societal problems apparent in the current Western "apparent" standard of liberalism.

Also, we should do a hangout some time
Tsar of DDO
ThePostMarxist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2016 4:35:17 PM
Posted: 2 months ago

Themes of discussion:

I agree. Many people are moving left and away from liberalism and SJWism, and into progressivism and socialism. I am, personally, a Marxist, but the way I see it out culture is moving left. Over 50% of Liberals have a positive view of the left and many identify as socialist (however wrong they are about the definition of socialism).